PDA

View Full Version : Anyone pic of tongue close up for safety chain & electrical?

Ski-me
11-12-2012, 03:02 PM
In the next few days, I should be recieving the new swing tongue for the new trailer. I've found a few pics that show the safety chain mounted to a tab on the bottom side of trailer but don't know (can't tell) where the electrical comes out.

Anyone have a few photos showing where these come out? Mainly the bottom side. Looking for some of the newer type trailers.

Thanks!

NatesGr8
11-12-2012, 03:39 PM
electrical goes through the swing part and out by the receiver.

GoneBoatN
11-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Pic1 shows the trailer frame (left) and the swing arm (right). This shows the hydraulic line passing through. Also passing through is the white wire which appears to be the ground as it is anchored to the swing arm. The blue wire from the trailer wiring is spliced to the red wire from the reverse solenoid. Pic2 shows the plug passes through a hole in the bottom side of the trailer frame (right). Also shows where the emergency cables are attached to the trailer frame (right).

Stritt
11-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Not a great pic...new boatmate trailer, through swing tongue and out the bottom.

Ski-me
11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Awesome, that's perfect! Thanks guys.

It looks like the safety chains are just attached using a c-channel. I'll have them weld that on when they install the swing tongue.

Any idea where the coil electrical cord can be found?

GoneBoatN
11-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Awesome, that's perfect! Thanks guys.

It looks like the safety chains are just attached using a c-channel. I'll have them weld that on when they install the swing tongue.

I found some via google. For example http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_11151_10001_44769_-1?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=44769&cid=sc_googlepla&gclid=CNuluNyvyrMCFWlxQgodi2UA7g#.UKFqBYf7J8E

But it will depend upon what connectors specifically you need.

milkmania
11-12-2012, 05:59 PM

very common item from your local RV store