PDA

View Full Version : WTB Bob Sked

SWGA Boater
11-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Anybody got a Bob Sked in nice shape they would be willing to sell/ship? Looking to introduce daughters, niece and nephews to water sports. Tried kneeboarding this past summer but they are not ready yet. Live in SW GA and willing to drive a few hours to pick up or pay for shipping. Just let me know what you have. May consider a Zip Sled also. Thanks!

SWGA Boater
02-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Thought it may be time for a bump. Still looking.

JohnnyB
02-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Bob Sked?

Not familiar with one of these?

might want to try a skimmer board for the kids.....

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

psychobilly
02-04-2013, 06:29 AM
Maybe you meant a Zip Sled?

Here's one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PURITAN-MILLS-INC-BOB-SKED-ZIP-SLED-VERY-NICE-VINTAGE-BOATING-/290854160281?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b8424799#ht_441wt_674

Better hurry, almost over

east tx skier
02-04-2013, 11:07 AM
Good luck with your search. We have a couple that still get a lot of use for our kids. It took me four years to find the first one. The handles on the Bob Skeds make them a little easier for the little ones than the Zip Sleds. I also recall, as a kid, thinking the Bob Skeds were easier to steer.

thatsmrmastercraft
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
When we were kids we just cut a disc out of plywood and threw some paint on it. Great for beginners as you can pull them along in the shallow water with a handle section until they are ready to get behind the boat. More experienced riders can be challenged by handstands or sitting, then standing on a stool. We used to barefoot off these as well.....though it was plenty exciting to be going over 30 mph sitting on one.

ski_king
02-04-2013, 01:36 PM
When we were kids we just cut a disc out of plywood and threw some paint on it. Great for beginners as you can pull them along in the shallow water with a handle section until they are ready to get behind the boat. More experienced riders can be challenged by handstands or sitting, then standing on a stool. We used to barefoot off these as well.....though it was plenty exciting to be going over 30 mph sitting on one.

Had one of those when I was a kid also and still have the scar on the back of my head to prove it. When you go off the front of one of those, the skim along the water at close to the speed of light and always seem to wack you in the back oif the head as you are just coming up to get your breath.

That being said, they were fun and cheap.

BrooksfamX2
02-04-2013, 02:21 PM

We used to sit in a camp chair on a plywood disc and tow behind the boat.

I started my watersports career when I was about 6 standing on a homemade plywood rectangle much like a zip sled being tower behind a 15 footer with a 50hp outboard. :)

thatsmrmastercraft
02-04-2013, 04:18 PM
Had one of those when I was a kid also and still have the scar on the back of my head to prove it. When you go off the front of one of those, the skim along the water at close to the speed of light and always seem to wack you in the back oif the head as you are just coming up to get your breath.

That being said, they were fun and cheap.

Wow, in all the years for being on the water, no one from our crowd has ever been injured with a disc. The shoe skis are an entirely different story.:rolleyes:

ski_king
02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Wow, in all the years for being on the water, no one from our crowd has ever been injured with a disc. The shoe skis are an entirely different story.:rolleyes:

And your shoe skis have nice rounded edges. The disk we had had a nice sharp edge.

CruisinGA
02-04-2013, 05:02 PM
Found a bob sled on our lake this fall. Put it on the dock in a conspicuous place so the owner could claim.

No one claimed it, so I'm hanging on to it bc two of our lake neighbors just had kids. Going to be getting a lot of use in a couple years.

SWGA Boater
02-04-2013, 07:10 PM
Maybe you meant a Zip Sled?

Here's one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PURITAN-MILLS-INC-BOB-SKED-ZIP-SLED-VERY-NICE-VINTAGE-BOATING-/290854160281?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b8424799#ht_441wt_674

Better hurry, almost over

70.00 shipping....wow! That is exactly what i am looking for though. Have to think hard about this one. I am hoping to find the 10.00 yard sale sled :D.

SWGA Boater
02-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Nice pics of the shoe skis Mr. I wonder whatever happened to my CG shoe skis...trick ski...bob sked....plywood disc???

maristardd
02-08-2013, 12:04 AM
If it were 1981, you could just run down to the store, on sale for $42 ...

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=cMQsAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WxMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=5784%2C755781

psychobilly
04-24-2013, 07:02 AM
I scored me one for FREEEEE Monday!!! Well, it's my buddies 7 day a week yard sale out by the lake. I seen it leaning against a tree and he says take it! WOW I got fer my boy! ;)

tph
04-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Overton's is now selling this.....

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Wakesledz-Towable-with-60-Tow-Rope&i=718101&str=sked&merchID=4005

maristardd
04-24-2013, 12:09 PM
>Overton's ...

Anyone try the wakesledz? I was a little excited to see this as something you could get, but almost no reviews on this, and their facebook page has unanswered concerns about handle replacement, no warranty on very light use damage, etc. So really interested if its worked out for anyone.

(or of course if anyone figures out how to make bob sleds in their garage and sell :-)

maristardd
04-26-2013, 05:00 AM
After OP gets set up with Bob Sked, I'd be interested in one for my kids as well, thx!