PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Thread

lukedeuce
11-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Well, we have the boat specific thread, morning joke thread, the swimsuit thread, random pictures....etc, etc...haven't seen a Tattoo Thread yet, so i thought it would be fun to see what other TT'ers have.

Now that it is the off season, I've started my collection again. Top one is tattoo number 22 for me that was just finished a few hours ago. 4 1/2 hours in the chair. Collectively, I've spent ~40 hours getting tattoos. That's just a rough guess. The second is number 21 that was 2 hours long (from last season).

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/579041_10100121348439269_2136425201_n.jpg

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/390826_10150410149569413_990881223_n.jpg

mikeg205
11-10-2012, 08:43 PM
dang a tall ship? should have been the stars and stripes...lol

bailey78
11-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Once a year it gets redone!

bailey78
11-10-2012, 09:17 PM
in progress

onewheat
11-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Never seen one on the bottom of a foot - that one is pretty cool.

Lumbergh
11-10-2012, 11:35 PM
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr66/Lumbergh556/name-both-ways.jpg

Best tattoo ever, or worst tattoo ever?

Your call.

lukedeuce
11-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Hard to believe only two of us have tattoos?

mzimme
11-14-2012, 03:52 PM
Once a year it gets redone!

F that!! that's like stepping on 600 nails!!

rodltg2
11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Here is my forearm. A work in progress.

trickskier
11-14-2012, 11:17 PM
Some nice art work - But sorry - I'm guess I'm just too old to understand the tatoo fad. No way I'm going to sit in a chair for 4 1/2 hours and pay to have someone inflict pain on my body. Big waste of time and money IMO. :rolleyes:

SPSinclair 190
11-14-2012, 11:54 PM
Luke where did you get the fish done at ?? Great lookig !!

sand2snow22
11-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Here is my forearm. A work in progress.

Rod's back? What's up? :cool:

onewheat
11-15-2012, 12:50 AM
Some nice art work - But sorry - I'm guess I'm just too old to understand the tatoo fad. No way I'm going to sit in a chair for 4 1/2 hours and pay to have someone inflict pain on my body. Big waste of time and money IMO. :rolleyes:

I never understood the big deal about getting one just to get one with no meaning or connection to what you were getting - like someone who walks into a shop, points at a picture of a skull and says - Give me one of those. I have always thought they were cool, but I never had a connection to anything that I wanted to immortalize on my body forever, until our son died. He had a tribal script with a USMC logo on his back, so I came up with a tribal spiral star sort of thing incorporating his initials into it that I got about six months after he died. It was really just for me and other than my wife and other son (and the tattoo guy, of course) no one else knew I had it until boating season came around. Everyone has their own opinion on them - some people just like them for the art, some for nothing and others for the connection to something personal. I'm sure there area a lot of reasons for a lot of people. They are like anything else though - if that's where you want to spend your money or that's what you like - ok by me. Who am I to judge?

As far as the pain goes - I didn't notice anything. It was nothing.

2RLAKE
11-15-2012, 08:41 AM
I never understood the big deal about getting one just to get one with no meaning or connection to what you were getting - like someone who walks into a shop, points at a picture of a skull and says - Give me one of those. I have always thought they were cool, but I never had a connection to anything that I wanted to immortalize on my body forever, until our son died. He had a tribal script with a USMC logo on his back, so I came up with a tribal spiral star sort of thing incorporating his initials into it that I got about six months after he died. It was really just for me and other than my wife and other son (and the tattoo guy, of course) no one else knew I had it until boating season came around. Everyone has their own opinion on them - some people just like them for the art, some for nothing and others for the connection to something personal. I'm sure there area a lot of reasons for a lot of people. They are like anything else though - if that's where you want to spend your money or that's what you like - ok by me. Who am I to judge?

Mike ... the first time i saw your tattoo it sent chills down my spine because i knew what it was ... without getting emotional here i am so sorry about the loss of AJ and visit his memorial every time i'm at the farm ... he's a great young man driving a huge monster truck in heaven

homer12
11-15-2012, 09:02 AM
onewheat, I am too sorry about the loss of your son. I can't understand what that feels like, but this year one of my dear friends of 17 years passed away from diabetes at age 31. He loved tattoos and had several latin sayings on his arms.
I've always wanted a tattoo, but also never felt the need to just get something arbitrary put on my body. This year I definitely knew what I wanted to put on me and that was "Amici" (latin for loyal friend) and his initials under it. I have to say, there was something therapuetic about it. It hurt somewhat because it was right on my bicep, but physical pain is no match for emotional pain. Cheers Jonny!

BrooksfamX2
11-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Had these done last year...hurt like a mutha.......

lukedeuce
11-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Luke where did you get the fish done at ?? Great lookig !!

All of my work has been done at neon dragon in cedar rapids/hiawatha. I worked as a body piercer/shop manager for a year or so. I even started to do tattoos until my finger was crushed on a jobsote for my day job and I had to leave the tattoo industry. I can't stretch the skin needed for tattooing anymore.

DooSPX
11-15-2012, 02:21 PM

So sorry for your loss onewheat. :(
I too feel the same about tattoo's. If something comes up that has true meaning to me, then, I may get one.

tex
11-16-2012, 09:22 AM
I need to get someone to take a pic of my Moomba tramp stamp!

MC209
11-16-2012, 02:15 PM

cant wait to see this :eek:

trickskier
11-16-2012, 10:47 PM

I certainly understand your scenario and I am truly sorry for the loss of your son. Godspeed!

medicmoose
11-17-2012, 06:35 AM

Remember...when you are young it looks good. When you get old and the skin starts to feel the effects of gravity...that old Moomba's gonna be a funny lookin' boat!! Don't worry though, the extra folds of skin and the height that your pants come up (directly proportional to age) will eventually hide it all together 8p

east tx skier
11-17-2012, 10:29 AM

I hear the fit and finish of the MC tramp stamps is better. Discuss. :)

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-17-2012, 06:30 PM

I think you meant your Tige' stamp:eek3:

medicmoose
11-17-2012, 07:25 PM
^ I'm actually speechless!!!!!!

DemolitionMan
11-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Is that Rod?:D