PDA

View Full Version : Boat Not Touching Trailer Rollers

mcookgraphics
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Wondering if this was normal? 2001 X-Star with Mastercraft trailer. When the boat is sitting on the bunks, it doesn't touch the center roller or the bow roller.

SP Maristar
11-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Our Maristar does the same thing on our MC trailer.

VP46
11-08-2012, 09:55 PM
I vote Normal. My '02 x-star does the same thing on a MC.

GoneBoatN
11-08-2012, 11:15 PM
If you don't already do so, get a ratcheting strap for when you trailer. Run it through the bow eye and around the trailer frame. My guess is that it will take very little tension to pull the hull down onto the bow roller. This will keep it from bouncing against the roller and beating your hull when you are trailering. Mine sits on the boat buddy but I do this as well to keep it from pounding the hull.

Also in your picture it almost looks like the hull is touching the spare tire. I imagine that is not really the case.

wheelerd
11-09-2012, 12:33 AM
On all three of the MC's I have owned the keel roller never touched the boat when it' was on the trailer. I think it's just there for protection when you are loading.
As for the bow . . . your trailer would have come with a Boat Buddy I assume. (I think all MC's do/did.) The roller you have is a later addition -- some people don't like the Boat Buddy and toss it -- so maybe that's why your bow doesn't contact it.

Snipe
12-05-2012, 04:26 PM
My 1998 doesn't touch the front roller either, but there is a small padded "V" that the boat rests in.
I too have to think it is a loading issue.

dfmaus
12-05-2012, 06:31 PM
My keel roller doesn't touch when loaded, I generally winch down the nose into the buddy to make sure it's not bouncing when driving. It wants to sit about 1/2 inch above it