PDA

View Full Version : is this a problem??

SKI*MC
09-07-2005, 07:39 PM
I was up north over the weekend, i have a place on Lake Nakomis in WI. The lake is on a flowage so it is always going down. :( One of the people that we know up there isnt too good with keep up the maintenance on his boat. Let the pictures do the explaining. WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO RESIZE MY PICTURES SO MUCH!!!???

peason
09-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Good thing it's not a MC - otherwise we would have to "persuade" him to take better care of it!

Mag_Red
09-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Well it ain't going to float away! :uglyhamme

MarkP
09-07-2005, 10:49 PM
I was up north over the weekend, i have a place on Lake Nakomis in WI. The lake is on a flowage so it is always going down. :( One of the people that we know up there isnt too good with keep up the maintenance on his boat. Let the pictures do the explaining. WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO RESIZE MY PICTURES SO MUCH!!!???
Looks like a fisherman anyway.. Iíll bet he drags it off of that mud to fish this Fall:popcorn:

Ric
09-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Looks like a fisherman anyway.. Iíll bet he drags it off of that mud to fish this Fall:popcorn:

I'm trying hard to give a damn about that guy's pardicament..... nope -- nothing, sorry.

SKI*MC
09-08-2005, 09:46 PM
haha, the smartest thing to do is leave it there over winter untill the lake come back up!

Workin' 4 Toys
09-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Wow does that lake look low already. Don't tell me they are getting ready for snowmobile season already.

Leroy
09-08-2005, 11:42 PM
From what I hear I'll have a lot of those pictures like that soon. ATV's use the upper part of my lake as a track.

Datdude
09-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Nokomis sucks for that reason(no offense). The lake is nice and big when it is full, but the fluctuation of water levels is a pain(as I am sure you know). I lived on the lake for a year 2002-2003 and we had plenty of rain so the lake was full all year-which was nice. Where on Nokomis is your place? I lived off of Hwy L between Schaefer's Wharf and Twin Bay Resort

erkoehler
09-10-2005, 12:24 PM
I don't think that I could deal with the stress involved with no knowing how deep the water is. I guess I just like the comfort of a non-fluctuation body of water. Well, atleast it doesn't change that much.

SKI*MC
09-10-2005, 01:51 PM
Nokomis sucks for that reason(no offense). The lake is nice and big when it is full, but the fluctuation of water levels is a pain(as I am sure you know). I lived on the lake for a year 2002-2003 and we had plenty of rain so the lake was full all year-which was nice. Where on Nokomis is your place? I lived off of Hwy L between Schaefer's Wharf and Twin Bay Resort

That little bay between Bootleggers and and that WindMill ice cream shop (across the street from Scaefers. I actually hit an unmarked rock pile by the boat launch, my dad said that of the 30 plus years of being on the lake, he has never hit a rock there..... so that was weird, luckly we have a great spot down here.

the grass line is where the water is in the beginning of the year, this gives you a taste of how bad the lake is.

erkoehler
09-10-2005, 02:17 PM
That little bay between Bootleggers and and that WindMill ice cream shop (across the street from Scaefers. I actually hit an unmarked rock pile by the boat launch, my dad said that of the 30 plus years of being on the lake, he has never hit a rock there..... so that was weird, luckly we have a great spot down here.

the grass line is where the water is in the beginning of the year, this gives you a taste of how bad the lake is.

So, the people with docks, do they constantly have to readjust and move them throughout the year, or do you find that most people just beach their boats?

SKI*MC
09-10-2005, 06:08 PM
we always puch our out, untill we pull the pontoon boats out, which is this week. Then we pull the pier back up onto the grass.

bigmac
09-11-2005, 02:17 AM
WHY DO I ALWAYS HAVE TO RESIZE MY PICTURES SO MUCH!!!???

Your Camera is a Canon Powershot A75, and the native resolution of its JPEGs is 180 pixels per inch. Native screen resolution is no better than 72 ppi, so all of that extra resolution is wasted. Higher resolution is good if you're going to print the image, but computer monitors can't use it.

At 180dpi, you had to resize the pictures down to 2.478 x 1.861 inches in order to keep the pixel count at 446 x 335. If you change the resolution to 72dpi, 446 x 335 would give you an image that is about 6.2 x 4.7 inches.

Bottom line, always change the resolution of the images you're attaching to 72 pixels per inch. You'll have a bigger image, but with the same number of pixels.