PDA

View Full Version : Pics of the New 2013 Mastercraft Trailer

DeeeJay02
11-08-2012, 12:43 AM
Does anybody have any detailed close-up pics of the New Style Trailers?

Thanks

501s
11-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Are the 2013's coming with a different trailer than the 2012's?

DeeeJay02
11-08-2012, 01:54 AM
Are the 2013's coming with a different trailer than the 2012's?

Yes, it has a full length rear step and led rear lights (stacked), that's all I can see based on the few I have seen online.

Nick911
11-08-2012, 02:19 AM
There is a video on Vimeo (search "2013 Mastercraft") that is dedicated exclusively to trailers. The new 2013 trailers look awesome including a standard Mastercraft backlit insignia on rear step.

carlsonwa
11-08-2012, 09:25 AM
http://vimeo.com/50166846

FourFourty
11-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Well, Boatmate is building them right now, so it will be just like a boatmate. MC moved their hydrosports line over to the trailer assembly line, so they are currently outsourcing for a bit. From what they said at the factory tour, they are building a new facility for building trailers for the future.

CantRepeat
11-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Well, Boatmate is building them right now, so it will be just like a boatmate. MC moved their hydrosports line over to the trailer assembly line, so they are currently outsourcing for a bit. From what they said at the factory tour, they are building a new facility for building trailers for the future.

The video above says they still manufacture their own trailers.

FourFourty
11-08-2012, 12:16 PM
The video above says they still manufacture their own trailers.

This is all I know-
When I visited the factory last year, they had an assemply line for trailers. When I visited this year, they were building the hydrosports boats in that area. (Instead of assembling them next to the MCs) At the time, I was told by the tour guide, that they were having boatmate build them for a year or two, while they built the new facility.

If you look at a late 2012 or a 2013 MC trailer, they are identical to a boatmate, except for the decals...... Lighting, steps, fenders, wheel choices, treadplating, prop gaurd rollers, bunk brackets etc. All of those things were different on a 2011.

CantRepeat
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
This is all I know-
When I visited the factory last year, they had an assemply line for trailers. When I visited this year, they were building the hydrosports boats in that area. (Instead of assembling them next to the MCs) At the time, I was told by the tour guide, that they were having boatmate build them for a year or two, while they built the new facility.

If you look at a late 2012 or a 2013 MC trailer, they are identical to a boatmate, except for the decals...... Lighting, steps, fenders, wheel choices, treadplating, prop gaurd rollers, bunk brackets etc. All of those things were different on a 2011.

Oh, I can clearly see they are different for 2013, there is no doubt about that. Just pointing out the fact of what the rep in the video says.

(that they are different them the MC trailers of late)

I like the cutout Mastercraft lighting on the sides.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Looks pretty well thought out though the rear LEDs look a little exposed.

The laser-cut MC logo is very cool.

bjames
11-08-2012, 04:31 PM
The 2013 trailers now have a placecard near the fender that warns "Due to maximum allowable trailering width, Boat Guide Poles may have to be removed before trailering" I had to read it twice as I didnt believe what I was reading. Who is going to remove the poles everytime you trailer?

bjames
11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Im not a fan of Boatmate, every brand new trailer I had was already rusting by the time I took delivery of a brand new boat. The last one had the whole toung replaced under warranty due to rust and the black paint was falking off in big chunks.

However, I have to say their customer service is top knotch - found this out when I ordered stainless fenders and runway lights from them. They were very helpfull and quick.

Skyskiguy
11-08-2012, 07:21 PM
The 2013 trailers now have a placecard near the fender that warns "Due to maximum allowable trailering width, Boat Guide Poles may have to be removed before trailering" I had to read it twice as I didnt believe what I was reading. Who is going to remove the poles everytime you trailer?

My 2006 MC trailer says that.

ttu
11-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Im not a fan of Boatmate, every brand new trailer I had was already rusting by the time I took delivery of a brand new boat. The last one had the whole toung replaced under warranty due to rust and the black paint was falking off in big chunks.

However, I have to say their customer service is top knotch - found this out when I ordered stainless fenders and runway lights from them. They were very helpfull and quick.

that is interesting. i have had two boatmate trailers before my mc trailer. if i had it to do over i would have ordered another boatmate!

Cloaked
11-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Im not a fan of Boatmate, every brand new trailer I had was already rusting by the time I took delivery of a brand new boat. The last one had the whole toung replaced under warranty due to rust and the black paint was falking off in big chunks. The (MC video) trailer frames are not hot-dip galvanized for internal tube steel protection from corrosion. Until they do this, it's just another trailer... dime a dozen.....

I've got a Boatmate now that is rusting excessively from the inside... I'll have to replace it sooner than later.

I'm not impressed...

$0.02

bjames
11-09-2012, 02:07 PM
My 2006 MC trailer says that.

Interesting becasue my 2012 MC trailer does not have this warning - first time I ever saw this.:confused:

JohnE
11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh, I can clearly see they are different for 2013, there is no doubt about that. Just pointing out the fact of what the rep in the video says.

(that they are different them the MC trailers of late)

I like the cutout Mastercraft lighting on the sides.

That's Norm Krauss in the video. He has been the VP or sales for the East Coast and Canada (except Florida) for years. Great guy. He now heads up the trailer division as well, and most if not all of the new trailer design is due to his involvement.

onewheat
11-09-2012, 03:18 PM

My '07 X-15 trailer says that. The maximum legal road with on all US roads is 102" - some roads are narrower, but none wider. An X-15 had 100" beam and the boat fits between the poles easily, so including pole width, my trailer has to be about 106" wide. To be technically legal, I should remove my guide poles, but never have. If a Trooper really wanted to call you out on that, I'm sure that wouldn't be a cheap ticket. Not all boats are that wide, so your matching trailer might not have that problem of excess guide pole width.

GoneBoatN
11-09-2012, 04:02 PM
My '07 X-15 trailer says that. The maximum legal road with on all US roads is 102" - some roads are narrower, but none wider. An X-15 had 100" beam and the boat fits between the poles easily, so including pole width, my trailer has to be about 106" wide. To be technically legal, I should remove my guide poles, but never have. If a Trooper really wanted to call you out on that, I'm sure that wouldn't be a cheap ticket. Not all boats are that wide, so your matching trailer might not have that problem of excess guide pole width.

I have a 2010 X-15. It does not have any such sticker. A good thing. What a trooper does not know, will not hurt him.

dihrdskir
11-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Boatmate trailers are head and shoulders above anything I have seen from MC. Components, build quality and after sales is outstanding. IMO opinion no contest really. If you really want to see a good trailer have a look at an AUS built easytow. Another league again. Great looking and build quality for life.....

JohnE
11-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Boatmate trailers are head and shoulders above anything I have seen from MC. Components, build quality and after sales is outstanding. IMO opinion no contest really. If you really want to see a good trailer have a look at an AUS built easytow. Another league again. Great looking and build quality for life.....

Have you seen the 2013's?

CantRepeat
11-10-2012, 09:22 AM
That's Norm Krauss in the video. He has been the VP or sales for the East Coast and Canada (except Florida) for years. Great guy. He now heads up the trailer division as well, and most if not all of the new trailer design is due to his involvement.

John, any insight on the different information going with the trailers?

Mastercraftdave
11-11-2012, 03:09 PM
the 2012 MC trailers are nice but i have paint plaking off if my fenders already and I have only used the trailer three times to launch the boat. It sits in a covered garage. Its under warrenty atleast

dihrdskir
11-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Have you seen the 2013's?

Only the video posted here and I agree, they look a lot like a boatmate, right down to no boat buddy and UFP actuators. In the last 6 yrs have owned 2 boatmates, 1 MC, and 1 extreme. Before that I had a easytow for 13 years and they http://www.easytow.com.au/trailercat.php?id=1 have been making them since '65. Trying to be as open minded as possible and there are a number of reasons on which I base my conclusions, but here goes: 1, easytow: Painted and galvanised,top build quality, good components. 2, Boatmate, some disappointing features but mainly high quality components. 3, Extreme, same components as BM but poor attn to detail and not as durable. 4, MC. Poor components built by beancounters down to a price. If BM are now building MC trailers it is a step in the right direction IMO. Why? Because BM went to easytow to reengineer their trailers before they managed to secure exclsuive contracts with Malibu, CC, Supra and Centurian. If they've managed to do it with MC then it is a step in the right direction for mine. Have a look at easytow and compare

JohnE
11-12-2012, 09:55 AM
AFAIK, MC is still building the trailers in house. Norm took control of that department and knows what the problems were. Knox took one last summer and absolutely raved about the changes. I don't have any first hand information.

captain planet
11-12-2012, 01:59 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I loves me some popcorn........

2012X45
04-06-2013, 09:50 PM
the 2012 MC trailers are nice but i have paint plaking off if my fenders already and I have only used the trailer three times to launch the boat. It sits in a covered garage. Its under warrenty atleast

I know this is an old thread but does the warranty cover rust on the trailer? Mine is a 2012 and it has rust around the tongue, base of the guide poles, and a couple of other small areas. It has never been in salt water. I got the paint code from MC and was just going to use a compound to remove the rust and touch up.

It does make me a little sick that my 1 year old trailer has rust. I was talking to a neighbor at my office who does touch up painting on cars and she suggested spraying WD-40 on the hard to get to areas after washing to repel water and thus help prevent rust.

medicmoose
04-07-2013, 08:44 AM
I know this is an old thread but does the warranty cover rust on the trailer? Mine is a 2012 and it has rust around the tongue, base of the guide poles, and a couple of other small areas. It has never been in salt water. I got the paint code from MC and was just going to use a compound to remove the rust and touch up.

It does make me a little sick that my 1 year old trailer has rust. I was talking to a neighbor at my office who does touch up painting on cars and she suggested spraying WD-40 on the hard to get to areas after washing to repel water and thus help prevent rust.

I had this same issue with my trailer and it was repaired under warranty. The dealer was just going to ignore it and tell me that it was 'normal' so I went direct to MC and was put in touch with Tommy Connor and the problem was rectified.

gunjr
04-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Picked this up yesterday. 2013 x-30 w/ Trailer.

Nick911
04-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Picked this up yesterday. 2013 x-30 w/ Trailer.

That does not appear to be the 2013 trailer.

Latin Flyer
04-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Agree

gunjr
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Here you go. 2013 Mastercraft trailer.

Nick911
04-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Here you go. 2013 Mastercraft trailer.

I don't think that is a 2013 trailer. They changed them for 2013.

gunjr
04-07-2013, 09:17 PM
I don't think that is a 2013 trailer. They changed them for 2013.

This boat was ordered in October 2012 and took delivery yesterday. It was delivered from TN on Monday. The title and bill of sale clearly state 2013.

Nick911
04-07-2013, 09:35 PM
This boat was ordered in October 2012 and took delivery yesterday. It was delivered from TN on Monday. The title and bill of sale clearly state 2013.

It's definitely not one of the new trailers. Go to Vimeo and search "2013 Mastercraft Trailers."

Also, how come your speaker cans are not aluminum?

gunjr
04-07-2013, 09:47 PM
There were two different speaker options. This was the JL can option. MC also failed to add the cans(and BTS windshield) at the factory. The dealership told me that they took the cans off of there 2013 X-30. I hope that they are supposed to be black. Vimeo doesn't show the fiberglass fenders and that trailer has other options like the lighting and low-profile tires. The title, trailer, and BOS clearly show 2013.

Nick911
04-07-2013, 10:07 PM

The video shows the extended rear step with the long LED brake/reverse lights as well as the backlit Mastercraft Logo. Norm states this is standard on base unit trailers. Check your serial number on the trailer. Either way, I'd be talking to your dealer about your trailer.

See this link to see the polished aluminum cans on my boat. The polished may be an option though one I'm not aware of. The cans you have on yours look just like the ones on my 2012.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52368&highlight=X25+build+pics

Nick911
04-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I went on Boattrader.com and looked at about 20 new 2013 X30's, and some (2 or 3) actually had the same trailer that you have, though the majority had the newer look. Most had the polished cans as well but a few did have the black ones.

It would be worth asking your dealer about it. I ordered my 2013 in September, got it in February, and I would have lost my mind if the trailer wasnt the new one or the cans were black. Does your X30 have the Pro Package?

Anyone shed any light on this?

gunjr
04-07-2013, 10:16 PM

The video shows the extended rear step with the long LED brake/reverse lights as well as the backlit Mastercraft Logo. Norm states this is standard on base unit trailers. Check your serial number on the trailer. Either way, I'd be talking to your dealer about your trailer.

See this link to see the polished aluminum cans on my boat. The polished may be an option though one I'm not aware of. The cans you have on yours look just like the ones on my 2012.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=52368&highlight=X25+build+pics

Well, I guess that i'm in the wrong thread even though the VIN plate, BOS, and title say 2013. Keep in mind that the extended rear steps in vimeo don't appear to be the fiberglass fenders. I also have backup lights. No lighted logo or long LED's though.

onewheat
04-08-2013, 02:43 AM

My '07 says that too.

g-mantrix
04-08-2013, 06:07 AM
I now remove trailer guide poles when trailering, i simply modified the bolts at the base of pole to accept an R clip, and is a 2 second removal/ refit process, as the guide poles fitted exceed trailering tow widths, btw I'm located in Aus.

psychobilly
04-08-2013, 07:52 AM

There's a product out there called Ospho, look it up. You can dilute this stuff 50/50 with water. Spray it on and walk away. Caome back in 10 minutes and rust is GONE. Trust me, it's majic!

PT 1999 ProStar
04-08-2013, 08:16 AM
There's a product out there called Ospho, look it up. You can dilute this stuff 50/50 with water. Spray it on and walk away. Caome back in 10 minutes and rust is GONE. Trust me, it's majic!

Interesting! I will check it out. Does it "hurt" the paint?

gunjr
04-08-2013, 08:16 AM
I went on Boattrader.com and looked at about 20 new 2013 X30's, and some (2 or 3) actually had the same trailer that you have, though the majority had the newer look. Most had the polished cans as well but a few did have the black ones.

It would be worth asking your dealer about it. I ordered my 2013 in September, got it in February, and I would have lost my mind if the trailer wasnt the new one or the cans were black. Does your X30 have the Pro Package?

Anyone shed any light on this?

Yes, it has the Pro Package. I vaguely remember two different speaker options. The JL cans were supposed to be "tuned" for the speaker. I'm sure that it was a bunch of BS but in the end, MC forgot to add the speakers and the dealer had to install them last week when the boat arrived. I was told that they pulled them off of a 2013 x-25. You guys are now making me wonder if ordering the fiberglass fenders is the problem. On a side note, I wouldn't want the retractable tie downs anyway.

psychobilly
04-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Interesting! I will check it out. Does it "hurt" the paint?

No it won't hurt the paint. We used it for years on teh shrimp boats when I was growing up. I have used it as well in the oil and gas industry where I now work. We had an offshore work container that got water in it and the floor rusted to a DARK rusty brown. We got the Ospho after it and it was white in about 30 minutes. The guys were like ***?!?!?! It works man, trust me.

PT 1999 ProStar
04-08-2013, 09:18 AM
No it won't hurt the paint. We used it for years on teh shrimp boats when I was growing up. I have used it as well in the oil and gas industry where I now work. We had an offshore work container that got water in it and the floor rusted to a DARK rusty brown. We got the Ospho after it and it was white in about 30 minutes. The guys were like ***?!?!?! It works man, trust me.

Cool! Thanks for the info! I will try it!

pap
04-08-2013, 09:28 AM
definitely does not look like 2013 - they have the word "mastercraft" laser cut and LED backlit at the rear sides of the trailer - don't see that all all on this trailer.

sand2snow22
04-08-2013, 06:53 PM
Look at the date it was made. Should be a placard on the trailer. What does it say? Also did you custom order the boat with a red trailer? Not trying to gang up on you, just looks like the dealer slid an older red trailer under your boat instead of a newer 2013 black or white trailer.

gunjr
04-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Look at the date it was made. Should be a placard on the trailer. What does it say? Also did you custom order the boat with a red trailer? Not trying to gang up on you, just looks like the dealer slid an older red trailer under your boat instead of a newer 2013 black or white trailer.

I'll look at the VIN plate again and check the manufacture/build date. It could be similar with cars as to being built at the end of the year but sold as next years model. We specifically asked for red with fiberglass fenders. I will admit that the entire process was on the MC dealers and MC was painful to say the least. We had to drive 3.5 hours to find a dealer that would actually communicate and had inventory. MC failed to add the BTS windshield and they had to conduct surgery on the boat to make the appropriate change. They also failed to install the speaker cans at the factory. Everybody's response on the trailer has me concerned but I also don't want to drive 3.5 hours to the dealership to have it rectified.

sand2snow22
04-08-2013, 07:54 PM
You are right, can be built in late 2012 as a 2013 model. If it's early 2012, hmmmm......?

Mastercraft13
04-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Here is a pic of my 2013 trailer. Not the best, but you can get the idea. Mine is sitting in the showroom at the dealership right now. I will be picking up this weekend!
http://C:\Users\Hallock\Desktop\MSC\x-10\photo2.jpg

Mastercraft13
04-08-2013, 08:24 PM
C:\Users\Hallock\Desktop\MSC\x-10\photo2.jpg

gunjr
04-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Here are some more pics.

sand2snow22
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Is there not a sticker that show the date it was made?

gunjr
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Is there not a sticker that show the date it was made?

Nope. Sound fishy to you guys? Should I make a stink about it?

snork
04-08-2013, 09:27 PM
indicates 2013 and you did request fiberglass fenders, MC probably had a few red fenders on the rack so they were more than willing to accommodate

jared205v
04-08-2013, 09:49 PM
This is from a 2001 that I bought new in August of 2000

jared205v
04-08-2013, 09:51 PM
2001 trailer were supposed to have torsion axles and mine has leaf springs. They may have given you a left over

Mastercraft13
04-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Here is my 2013 trailer with my baby.

pap
04-09-2013, 12:03 AM
The '13s are also supposed to have LED slimlines on the back, again at least from the video. Mine isn't here yet but that red one definitely does not appear to match the '13 at all in the video

gunjr
04-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Working on it.

Hi Gunnar,

Let me do some digging on this with MasterCraft and I will get back to you. When you were here I told you to reach out with any questions and I will be more than happy to get the answers. We value your business and I am here to help in anyway. I have been working with MasterCraft for 28 years and they are an excellent company that regards each customer very highly. I will be back in touch.

Thank you,

Lisa Chase

Island Marine Center

lisa@imboats.com

609-624-1117 ext.116

856-278-0840 cell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:42 AM
To: Mike Hendrix
Cc: lisa@imboats.com; Daniel Tang
Subject: X-30 questions/concerns

Mike and Lisa,

Sorry to bug you Lisa but I was hoping that you have some insight and solutions for a couple action items here.

1) Trailer concern. Through our homework and discussions online, we have noticed that the trailer is not a 2013 model as advertised by Mastercraft. The VIN plate clearly shows 2013 but hardware is different.

Here is what we received:

http://vimeo.com/32852106

Here is what we should have received:

Key points: No lighted mastercraft logo, no attached tie downs, and different tail lights/backup lights.

We are also missing the GPS/Navigation feature which was supposed to come with the salt water package. The video below reflects this at the 5:00 mark. http://vimeo.com/48596859

I'm also wondering about the audio feature for the LCD screen operation. The screen reads something about JL audio media master. Any insight on this? I can't seem to get any audio options on this section of the screen.

I think that is everything for right now. I'm sure that more questions will arrive and I will try my best to condense the emails.

Thanks again!

-Gunnar Lindberg

gunjr
04-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Through extensive conversations regarding the 2012 vs 2013 trailer, I have come to the conclusion that we lost out by adding fiberglass fenders to our 2013 trialer. Going forward (if you don't already know), you will lose the slim-line backup and break lights and backlit logo if you add fiberglass fenders. The standard wheel design is up for debate but I believe that the 2013 standard should be black aluminum vs the 2012 silver aluminum.

pap
04-12-2013, 12:39 PM
That sounds like a cop out to me - the video doesn't say that if you add fiberglass fenders you get a 2012 model.

gunjr
04-12-2013, 12:45 PM
That sounds like a cop out to me - the video doesn't say that if you add fiberglass fenders you get a 2012 model.

I completely agree but I am beat down. The only other option is to take a legal route and ask for another trailer without fiberglass fenders. My mom is an attorney licensed in several states and she is chomping at the bit to pull out her pen. I'm not willing to go that far right now. My only advice to MC is to better explain the product but I also understand that it is impossible to get every department and every dealer on the same page with product changes.

snork
04-12-2013, 12:57 PM
fiberglass fenders are what you ordered and thats what was delivered. Its not entirely the dealers fault and they were not being deceptive in any form, yes they could have informed you of your options but the buyer needs to be educated on the product they're interested in before walking through the door. Not trying to bust your chops and if it wasn't for some members on this site no one would been the wiser. Go enjoy your new boat, thats what counts anyways, its not the trailer that will make your boating days any better :^)

gunjr
04-12-2013, 01:23 PM
fiberglass fenders are what you ordered and thats what was delivered. Its not entirely the dealers fault and they were not being deceptive in any form, yes they could have informed you of your options but the buyer needs to be educated on the product they're interested in before walking through the door. Not trying to bust your chops and if it wasn't for some members on this site no one would been the wiser. Go enjoy your new boat, thats what counts anyways, its not the trailer that will make your boating days any better :^)

I never said it was the dealers fault and I give them credit for being the brunt of this topic. The vimeo videos were 4-6 days old when we ordered this boat and literature was vague. I felt fairly informed when I walked into the dealership, as much as I could be within reason. Yes, I wouldn't have noticed without the comments on teamtalk however isnt that why we are here? To learn for eachother? Maybe this wouldn't have happened to you since you are not a newbie, but if it did, I would assume that some type of conversation would take place.

bobx1
04-12-2013, 01:32 PM
....Go enjoy your new boat, thats what counts anyways, its not the trailer that will make your boating days any better :^)

^ This!

Alan-S
04-12-2013, 02:53 PM
If I were not going to spring for the 18" wheel package, I would rather have the fiberglass fenders than the skinny steel fenders. my .02