PDA

View Full Version : Optional/Aftermarket swim platform repair

Sierra Tango II
10-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Ok. I finally bought my dream Mastercraft and right now as she is in heated storage taking a break, I decided to take the time off to take care of a few things that are bothering me. One such issue is the swim platform. Im not sure if it was optional or if it is aftermarket. All of the ones that I have looked at have a teak platform. Nevertheless I like this one better than teak and want to replace the pad. It has a couple cigarette burns in it and being a non smoker, it kinda bothers me. Does anybody have any information on this swim platform and if you do, do you know where I can purchase the material that is in the middle of it? It is a light grey rubber/sponge type material.

neil.anderson63
10-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I just ordered a swim platform pad for our X2 from Seadek. We went with the sno camo upper, black lower so the Mastercraft logo will be black. I really like their product. If it's a custom platform, I think Seadek can make one off of a butcher paper pattern. Just trace, cut and ship the pattern to them.
http://www.seadek.com/

BrooksfamX2
10-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Yes, put a SeaDek pad on mine this summer also..............

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=46829&highlight=seadek

Sierra Tango II
10-30-2012, 05:19 PM
That looks like the stuff. Has anybody disassembled one of these? It appears as if you just remove the screws from the bottom and seperate the two halves, however Ive never done it before and dont want to screw it up worse than what it is. Im hoping that its this easy and that I can just use the old one as a pattern? Any other ideas/opinions?

neil.anderson63
10-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Get some brown paper - comes in a roll. You will be able to make a perfect pattern before you do anything. Ship the pattern to them and they will custom make you a pad. Check their website for pre-made patterns just incase it is a factory platform. Mine was not a picnic to remove. Flat putty knife, 3 beers.... After it was off, I used Xylene to remove old glue residue. SeaDek has a great website with videos of installs. I spent almost $300 - But it's worth it - Great product!!

petermegan
10-30-2012, 09:45 PM
I have the identical swimdeck on my 2000 prostar 190 and love it. Let me know how you get on please as I will be looking to replace the inlay myself in the next 12mths or so. Have fun.