PDA

View Full Version : 205 Prostar blower hose replacment with full fuel tank

jakethebt
10-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Anyone attempted to replace their blower hose with a full fuel tank? Working on a '96 prostar 205.

The hose goes in on the bottom as one hose and must split into the two rear vents somewhere behind the tank.

Is this a hard Y adapter?

Can I just attach the new hose to the old hose and pull it through? It is really tight on space on top of the tank.

Footin
10-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Did you take out the floor behind the motor box?

jakethebt
10-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes. I can see where the single hose goes up behind the tank. Some where up there it splits into two. It is really tight between the tank and the back of the boat.

Footin
10-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Mine did not split into two, just one hose attached by the rear vents

mikeg205
10-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Tank comes out easy - 8 screws holding it in. Unless its full of course...then it's a PIA...

jakethebt
10-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Mine did not split into two, just one hose attached by the rear vents

I assume mine is split. I have one hose going under the fuel tank and two vents with two hoses attached to them. Could one of the vents attached to something else?

jakethebt
10-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Tank comes out easy - 8 screws holding it in. Unless its full of course...then it's a PIA...

It is full. I may have to wait until spring, but if I can do it with the fuel tank in place, it is just one more thing I can do now and check off the mental list of things to do.

OHIOPRO205
10-29-2012, 09:54 PM
It is not hard at all to move the tank. Full or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakethebt
10-29-2012, 10:26 PM

Maybe I will try that...

Stx221
10-29-2012, 10:26 PM
If I remember correctly from my 1995 Prostar 190, there is one hose that goes from the blower to one vent and a second hose that goes from the other vent down just below the fuel tank for ventilation purposes while underway with the blower off. I swapped both of mine out with the fuel tank in place.

mikeg205
10-30-2012, 07:22 AM

Ohio is right...not hard..the only issue is if you turn your tank..make sure the filler hose is disconnect from deck..if you can pull the filler cap do it..it can stress the gel coat when turning tank...2 screws and not a big deal.

Barefooter92
10-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes, did mine last year...I used my battery pump from my turkey fryer to remove the fuel. Put the fuel in my truck and stored the boat empty. As for the pump, it is now labeled as GAS ONLY and I keep it with my boat winterization stuff. Sorry, but it worked.

jakethebt
11-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Just to update this thread to help others in the future...

I was able to remove the 8 screws holding in the fuel tank and even with it full of fuel, I was able to slide it forward about 2" so it was no longer pinching the blower hose on the back of the boat.

Confirming what others have said here, there are two hoses from the two vents. They do NOT connect, but rather one just drops behind the fuel tank to vent the rear of the boat. They are however zip-tied together. This same zip-tie was also through a loop in the back of the boat holding them up and back. With the fuel tank pulled forward, I was able to get both of these hoses replaced.

I purchased '20 feet of the 3" dia hose from skiDIM. This allowed me to replace both the blower hose and the rear vent hose with new. http://www.skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MPI402-3000

mikeg205
11-12-2012, 07:41 PM
yey!!! pic's?

jakethebt
11-24-2012, 10:22 PM
No... sorry... No pics. I need to get better about that. I am always trying to squeeze projects into small windows of time and never seem to get pics.