PDA

View Full Version : They've got my respect

milkmania
10-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Guards at Tomb of the Unknowns to remain on-site during hurricane

WASHINGTON—Hurricane Sandy is expected to slam the East Coast and the federal government is shut down—but the U.S. servicemen who guard the outdoor Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery will remain on duty.

"They will not abandon their post," an employee who answered the Arlington Cemetery's phone confirmed to Yahoo News. He identified himself as "George," but was not authorized to speak on the record to the media.

The tomb, located just outside Washington, D.C., holds the remains of unidentified soldiers from World War I, World War II and Korea.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/guards-tomb-unknowns-remain-during-hurricane-165122482--election.html

milkmania
10-29-2012, 05:45 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/soldiers-guard-the-tomb-of-unknowns-during-hurricane-sandy/

“The Old Guard has guarded the tomb minute of every day since April 6, 1948. Today will be no exception,” says an official posting on the unit’s Facebook site.

TxsRiverRat
10-29-2012, 06:11 PM
What would be the purpose when the tomb has been empty since 1998? Risk another life protecting an a symbolic tomb that's empty? Is there a fear that terrorists will destroy it during this storm that's coming?

Seriously....?

1redTA
10-29-2012, 06:56 PM
What would be the purpose when the tomb has been empty since 1998? Risk another life protecting an a symbolic tomb that's empty? Is there a fear that terrorists will destroy it during this storm that's coming?

Seriously....?

because it is an honor and duty to the men of the Old Guard.

pmikler
10-29-2012, 07:10 PM

WASHINGTON—Hurricane Sandy is expected to slam the East Coast and the federal government is shut down—but the U.S. servicemen who guard the outdoor Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery will remain on duty.

"They will not abandon their post," an employee who answered the Arlington Cemetery's phone confirmed to Yahoo News. He identified himself as "George," but was not authorized to speak on the record to the media.

The tomb, located just outside Washington, D.C., holds the remains of unidentified soldiers from World War I, World War II and Korea.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/guards-tomb-unknowns-remain-during-hurricane-165122482--election.html

One of the most important things I did in my life was to witness the changing of the guard.

Voodoo
10-29-2012, 08:07 PM
You are a ****ing idiot. And verified with your chick-like "seriously?" at the end. Moron.

Voodoo

Seriously....?

Forrest-X45
10-29-2012, 08:30 PM

They have mine as well. It is a true honor to be assigned the post and nothing will keep them from guarding the tomb. Not even a hurricane......

CantRepeat
10-29-2012, 08:51 PM

Seriously....?

I'll assume you don't know much about the tomb or the military in general. You do realize that was just 1st LT Blassie that was exhumed and ID but the Soldiers from WWI, WWII and the Korean War unknowns are still there? It's because some people have a higher priority in their lives then themselves.

Regardless, it's about Honor and Duty and it shows a commitment to all Military members that you will never be forgotten or left behind no matter what.

JimN
10-29-2012, 08:56 PM

Seriously....?

Your post is right up there with Michelle Obama's, when she said "All this, for a tomb"?

milkmania
10-29-2012, 09:26 PM

Seriously....?

They have my respect because these guards will die for their beliefs and stand by their post.
It's not about simply guarding a symbolic grave, it's a matter of Integrity and Honor.
They are not guarding the tombs from terrorists, they are protecting their brothers.

I put flowers on my brother's grave every year and visit him every chance I get.
Because I never want to forget him.

trickskier
10-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Great post Milk - Thanks for sharing!

milkmania
10-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Great post Milk - Thanks for sharing!

I didn't realize some of it was already started over at the Hurricane sandy thread:o

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=51527

gotta_ski
10-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Your right and your freedom to make dumb comments like that was paid for with the lives of those unknown soldiers.

milkmania
10-30-2012, 01:36 AM
Your right and your freedom to make dumb comments like that was paid for with the lives of those unknown soldiers.

who's right and which comments?http://deephousepage.com/smilies/nixweiss.gif

milkmania
10-30-2012, 01:37 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/5-fake-hurricane-sandy-photos-youre-sharing-social-152458265.html

2RLAKE
10-30-2012, 06:30 AM
You are a ****ing idiot. And verified with your chick-like "seriously?" at the end. Moron.

Voodoo

amen brother ... have to agree ... maybe you need to visit or research it

guards, if chosen, also commit to never cuss or drink for the rest of their life ... their small sacrifice for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice .... so we can enjoy what we have in this great country

clrussell
10-30-2012, 08:08 AM
I can only imagine the commitment from those guys... Thanks to the Men and women of the military!

Sent by the new iPhone 5!

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 08:40 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/5-fake-hurricane-sandy-photos-youre-sharing-social-152458265.html

Regardless of when it was taken it is not a fake photo. ;)

mwg
10-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Anyone serving our great country has my respect; but the men (& Women) of the Old Guard pledge an oath and sacrifice a great deal so they may have the privilege to serve in the that unit. These guys are simply amazing and the fact that they are willing to stand at their post is proof. Great post!

TXsRiverRat.. do some research and learn about this unit and maybe you will understand why these guys are willing to stand their post. This isn't the first time they have stood their post during a hurricane.. during Isabel the Regimental commander order the sentry to secure the post and seek shelter; the Sentry disobeyed that order. I'm sure it is the same for Hurricane Sandy.

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Below is a link to csome interesting facts about the 3rd Regiment...
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-vetscor/1126293/posts

That link has a lot of crap in it that isn't even close to true.

Lol, can never drink alcohol or curse for the rest of their life? lol

http://www.snopes.com/military/unknown.asp

tideengineer
10-30-2012, 10:16 AM
I have been there for a wreath laying ceremony and the change of the guard. Also there I witnessed a funeral for a veteran and the playing of Taps. It was unreal. To some people it may not seem worthy of their sacrifice to be out there in a storm, but it is worth it to them because they wanted to be a part of it. As a son of a Vietnam Vet and grandson to two WWII Vets, I'm humbled by what they do. Our country is the greatest but many have forgotten the sacrifices.

homer12
10-30-2012, 10:21 AM

Seriously....?

You obviously have no idea what your saying, these flames are well deserved you putz.:mad:

mwg
10-30-2012, 11:06 AM
That link has a lot of crap in it that isn't even close to true.

Lol, can never drink alcohol or curse for the rest of their life? lol

http://www.snopes.com/military/unknown.asp

Point taken.. still a pretty elite group of soldiers

TxsRiverRat
10-30-2012, 11:26 AM
You can flame all you want, I don't care. Your opinions and comments to/about me make zero difference to me. You are entitled to your opinions, I am entitled to mine.

And my opinion is still that there's still no reason to risk lives protecting people that are deceased, when they can better serve by protecting the living during this storm.

Lastly, those of you spouting off personal attacks and reverting to childish name calling are doing so against forum policy. I’m sure the forum operates on a good old boy network, so I am sure the mods will take no action other than laugh it off.

But in case you all have forgotten, this is what you agreed to as being a member of this forum:

“By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of TeamTalk reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason”

So to those that said anything insulting towards me, you can kiss my a—...

pmikler
10-30-2012, 11:48 AM
You can flame all you want, I don't care. Your opinions and comments to/about me make zero difference to me. You are entitled to your opinions, I am entitled to mine.

And my opinion is still that there's still no reason to risk lives protecting people that are deceased, when they can better serve by protecting the living during this storm.

Lastly, those of you spouting off personal attacks and reverting to childish name calling are doing so against forum policy. I’m sure the forum operates on a good old boy network, so I am sure the mods will take no action other than laugh it off.

But in case you all have forgotten, this is what you agreed to as being a member of this forum:

“By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of TeamTalk reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason”

They volunteer for the duty and obviously understand the 24- 7 nature of it. i.e. They are not forced.

I was not in the military but I came away with a very different perspective after witnessing this- The word sacrifice and the military is used quite a bit and I think in some ways I paid lip service to that word- not proud of that. The word sacrifice became very real after seeing the changing of the guards for some reason and as a result of that I got more involved with supporting the military.

If 5% of people that see it come away with the same feeling as I did you could easily make the argument that them putting themselves in harm’s way to drum up support for their fellow soldiers is more than worth it.

I would respectfully suggest you see it for yourself and I would wager that your opinion would change.

TayMC197
10-30-2012, 11:57 AM

Mark, its not the fact that you voiced your opinion. You are entitled to it but in some cases its best left to yourself. I understand you are thinking of the safety of the solder. Thats doensn't bother anyone. It's the fact that you take something of such great honor and sacrific to the country so lightly. Many men and women have fought hard and gave their lives to defend our beliefs and opinions. A way to honor that is the tomb of the unknown. Those who have served hold the honor of that site beyond many things in life. Why? Perhaps pride, sacrific, honor, tradition, love, etc....

Yes, we know they are dead but they stay on guard there to show respect and honor for those who gave. Its the least we can do for the ultimate sacrific.

So next time before you voice your opinion on a sensitive subject, at least give consideration to the topic and show your concern a little more appropriately. I know what you meant by your comment but not everyone does.

Personally, I'd stand their and guard it in a hurricane. I'd be honored to do it.

76S&S
10-30-2012, 12:02 PM
I agree with Tay, it's not something you will ever understand untill you go see if for yourself; and by all means, stay and witness the changing of the guard.

Not only did it move me, but my then 10 yr old boys came away with a new appreciation of our armed forces.

east tx skier
10-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Mark, its not the fact that you voiced your opinion. You are entitled to it but in some cases its best left to yourself. I understand you are thinking of the safety of the solder. Thats doensn't bother anyone. It's the fact that you take something of such great honor and sacrific to the country so lightly. Many men and women have fought hard and gave their lives to defend our beliefs and opinions. A way to honor that is the tomb of the unknown. Those who have served hold the honor of that site beyond many things in life. Why? Perhaps pride, sacrific, honor, tradition, love, etc....

Yes, we know they are dead but they stay on guard there to show respect and honor for those who gave. Its the least we can do for the ultimate sacrific.

So next time before you voice your opinion on a sensitive subject, at least give consideration to the topic and show your concern a little more appropriately. I know what you meant by your comment but not everyone does.

Personally, I'd stand their and guard it in a hurricane. I'd be honored to do it.

This is a very well reasoned response to Mark's post. I can understand that people would disagree with him. I can certainly understand that some people might be offended by his opinion on the subject. But at one point in time, this MC community was occupied by a smaller group of people, none of whom would have called another in the group a "putz" or a "moron" without a wink and a smile. I doubt anyone slinging vitriol Mark's way knows him personally like some of us do. But, frankly, that shouldn't matter. I suppose I just long for times past on this forum when we could disagree, even over sensitive topics, without flaming one another or skipping rational debate and slinging mud. It's really too bad.

On the original topic of this thread, I have been to the guard change at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. It is as moving you can imagine, and those who guard it are as fine of souls as I can imagine.

LYNRDSKYNRD
10-30-2012, 12:22 PM
But at one point in time, this MC community was occupied by a smaller group of people, none of whom would have called another in the group a "putz" or a "moron" without a wink and a smile. I doubt anyone slinging vitriol Mark's way knows him personally like some of us do. But, frankly, that shouldn't matter. I suppose I just long for times past on this forum when we could disagree, even over sensitive topics, without flaming one another or skipping rational debate and slinging mud. It's really too bad.

Agree 100%

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

soacj
10-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Huge respect for what these guys do and for what it represents!

As for them standing watch during various extremes of weather, I'd take the hurricane over the 103 degree day we visited Arlington on this summer.

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 04:23 PM

That's so rude!! :D

1redTA
10-30-2012, 04:35 PM
TxsRiverRat you should have expected some hightened responses from your comment. I don't know if you have ever seen the changing of the guard but if you are ever offered the opportunity I highly recommend it. Fortunately for me, I was offered to go and watch the changing of the guard while serving at Ft AP Hill Virginia on my two weeks with the Army Reserve.

Later, when I was injured on active duty and going through rehabilitation for Traumatic Brain Injury after being ejected from a fire truck that rolled over several times I was stationed at Charlotesville VA with the DOD TBI clinic and asked for permission to let the rest of my unit there see the changing as I was the only one there who had. I knew it would help the others at the clinic recognize the patriotism others have for our fallen and injured brothers and sisters and all the sacrifices made for this country and its citizens. Good day to you!

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 04:41 PM
But at one point in time, this MC community was occupied by a smaller group of people, none of whom would have called another in the group a "putz" or a "moron" without a wink and a smile. I doubt anyone slinging vitriol Mark's way knows him personally like some of us do. But, frankly, that shouldn't matter. I suppose I just long for times past on this forum when we could disagree, even over sensitive topics, without flaming one another or skipping rational debate and slinging mud. It's really too bad..

10 years is a pretty long time for something not to change in one way or another and I've only been here for almost 5 of it. I have seen a fairly big change in attitudes, trends, and people that use the board. Nothing is ever going to replace actually knowing someone in real life and then having that friendship carry over to TT. Unfortunately it's probably never going to get back to that place you miss which is why we are seeing fewer and fewer old timers log in. Well, you can blame part of that on the in fighting as well. In fact, there seem to be a pretty big turn in the climate about then.

east tx skier
10-30-2012, 05:15 PM
10 years is a pretty long time for something not to change in one way or another and I've only been here for almost 5 of it. I have seen a fairly big change in attitudes, trends, and people that use the board. Nothing is ever going to replace actually knowing someone in real life and then having that friendship carry over to TT. Unfortunately it's probably never going to get back to that place you miss which is why we are seeing fewer and fewer old timers log in. Well, you can blame part of that on the in fighting as well. In fact, there seem to be a pretty big turn in the climate about then.

I understand. Things change. But, in my opinion, the notion of civility to a fellow member of this forum should not give way to the numbers in the membership roles. There are any number of reasons why a lot of us so-called "old timers" don't check in as often as we used to. This may be one of many reasons, but it'd be an understandable one.

One correction: there is no one on here that I knew before meeting them through this site.

mikeg205
10-30-2012, 05:20 PM
I understand. Things change. But the notion of civility should not give way to the numbers in my opinion. One correction: there is no one on here that I knew before meeting them through this site. From what I can remember, Mark has been on here at least as long as I have, if not longer.

I am a short timer here and the few people I have met have been great! Unfortunately it's way to easy to fire mud from behind the keyboard. On Facebook people un-friend each other over minor topics or disagreements.

I am with you East Tx - we should strive to be civil... like our favorite brand...be held to a higher standard. my .02 FWIW....

Footin
10-30-2012, 05:28 PM
I have been around a while and I wish this thread would die out of respect for the men in the original picture.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
10-30-2012, 05:33 PM
enough said...

homer12
10-30-2012, 05:59 PM
My sincere apology to TxsRiverRat. I should not have resorted to name-calling. I was reacting to what I thought was a disrespectful comment towards a post made out of respect and honor to the men and women making the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
I guess I'm a little sensitive to this topic as I lost a really close friend this year who was a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan.
My Bad.

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 06:19 PM
I understand. Things change. But, in my opinion, the notion of civility to a fellow member of this forum should not give way to the numbers in the membership roles. There are any number of reasons why a lot of us so-called "old timers" don't check in as often as we used to. This may be one of many reasons, but it'd be an understandable one.

One correction: there is no one on here that I knew before meeting them through this site.

No disrespect intended, Doug. I guess I should have used Scott's old term. Was it Vintage members? lol :D

Phntmski
10-30-2012, 06:31 PM

I beg to differ Doug. We met a few years ago at Alan's place in McKinney. :D

east tx skier
10-30-2012, 06:38 PM
I beg to differ Doug. We met a few years ago at Alan's place in McKinney. :D

Well, drat. I'd say you were the exception that proves the rule, but I hate that expression. You are the exception that disproves the rule! :) And I think his place is in Greenville.

I'll sum it up.

Soldiers good.

Named storms bad.

Ski boats good.

east tx skier
10-30-2012, 06:40 PM
No disrespect intended, Doug. I guess I should have used Scott's old term. Was it Vintage members? lol :D

You make me sound like an unattainable t-shirt. ;)

neil.anderson63
10-30-2012, 06:47 PM
You are an American.... Right? These soldiers serve our country; they protect, fight and die for their brothers in uniform. Oh, they also fight and too often make the ultimate sacrifice for you even though you don't value or take the time understand their personal dedication to honor their country and fallen brothers in uniform.
TxsRiverRat.... seriously??? You should be punished. The form of punishment is for you to spend the next 6 summers boating in a 1976 16' Bayliner with an outboard motor. Enjoy the Spirit of '76!

-V-
10-30-2012, 07:42 PM
I would love to volenteer for the old guard, but one of the requirements are to have a 30" waist. I haven't had a 30" waist since I was 12. lol. By the way, they now allow women to march.

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 08:04 PM
I would love to volenteer for the old guard, but one of the requirements are to have a 30" waist. I haven't had a 30" waist since I was 12. lol. By the way, they now allow women to march.

That waist thing is not a requirement. You just can't be a lardass. I'm sure anyone here that has been to a changing of the guard will tell you they have some stout dudes walking the post. Infact, the only two requirements out there are height and background check.

east tx skier
10-30-2012, 08:37 PM
TxsRiverRat.... seriously??? You should be punished. The form of punishment is for you to spend the next 6 summers boating in a 1976 16' Bayliner with an outboard motor. Enjoy the Spirit of '76!

You should seriously put in to be a moderator. They would love you. 8p

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 08:41 PM

We could use someone with his kind of skills!!! :D

Is this your endorsement? I'll set his permissions right now!

JimN
10-30-2012, 08:43 PM

Seriously?

east tx skier
10-30-2012, 09:02 PM
We could use someone with his kind of skills!!! :D

Is this your endorsement? I'll set his permissions right now!

Nobody needs my endorsement. He's a guy that likes to dream up punishment. That's got to be what they're looking for in management. It's his ticket to the top, baby!

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Nobody needs my endorsement. He's a guy that likes to dream up punishment. That's got to be what they're looking for in management. It's his ticket to the top, baby!

I like where you are headed with this. :D

east tx skier
10-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Seriously?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ95o4EqNh108eTnjYfEKwowOx-StD1VOOWxuL8n2ZwKr1IZ1PyUA6OU9Q0

or

http://destransfer.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/serious-cat1.jpg

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 09:24 PM
http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/seriouscatjoker.jpg

mikeg205
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
You are an American.... Right? These soldiers serve our country; they protect, fight and die for their brothers in uniform. Oh, they also fight and too often make the ultimate sacrifice for you even though you don't value or take the time understand their personal dedication to honor their country and fallen brothers in uniform.

Nah..how about the Malibu that was posted here with Merc bolted to the swimdec... :D

mikeg205
10-30-2012, 09:37 PM
http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/seriouscatjoker.jpg

lmao - luv this cat!:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

east tx skier
10-30-2012, 09:40 PM
http://static.flickr.com/3196/2695460557_2c2185f848.jpg

east tx skier
10-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Okay, I'm done. I promise.

mikeg205
10-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Okay, I'm done. I promise.

no...keep goin' laughing out loud... really... :)

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 09:55 PM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/12/4/21/mXzoYbrTGEm4ecg9zikKQQ2.jpg

CantRepeat
10-30-2012, 09:59 PM
http://static.flickr.com/3196/2695460557_2c2185f848.jpg

http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2009/04/lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

MC209
10-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Wow wow wow. I can not believe the disrespect that has taken place during this thread. I was active duty Navy and was part of the presidential honor guard. Where we had done multiple "functions" at the tomb with all the branches of the services. Where I had got to know and form many friends that where in the old gaurd. The discipline of anybody that does tomb ceremonies is of the utmost. All the moves that we performed where in 21 second intervals. 21 steps, 21 seconds moving from shoulder to shoulder etc. We did this to honor the people who have fought and died keeping this country free, and to keep stupid mother ****s with stupid comments safe. If any body has any comments or ?'s about this, please pm me and we can exchange phone numbers so I can gladly fill you in about the tomb. I have honorably buried 1,738 men and women in arlington national cemetery and I hold this issue very very close to my heart. my .02 cents. GO NAVY!

homer12
10-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I have honorably buried 1,738 men and women in arlington national cemetery and I hold this issue very very close to my heart. my .02 cents. GO NAVY!

Mad respect brother! Thank you for your service.

RLTW! and one for the Airborne Ranger in the sky!

2RLAKE
10-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Wow wow wow. I can not believe the disrespect that has taken place during this thread. I was active duty Navy and was part of the presidential honor guard. Where we had done multiple "functions" at the tomb with all the branches of the services. Where I had got to know and form many friends that where in the old gaurd. The discipline of anybody that does tomb ceremonies is of the utmost. All the moves that we performed where in 21 second intervals. 21 steps, 21 seconds moving from shoulder to shoulder etc. We did this to honor the people who have fought and died keeping this country free, and to keep stupid mother ****s with stupid comments safe. If any body has any comments or ?'s about this, please pm me and we can exchange phone numbers so I can gladly fill you in about the tomb. I have honorably buried 1,738 men and women in arlington national cemetery and I hold this issue very very close to my heart. my .02 cents. GO NAVY!

excellent ... 110% completely agree ... thanks to you for your service

next thread please ....

onejdgreen
10-31-2012, 08:43 AM

THANK YOU!!!

GoneBoatN
10-31-2012, 01:51 PM
Also remember, it is not only for honor of those who have sacrificed but also to pay respect to those that in that course, have been left behind - Mothers, Fathers, Wives, Children.

I know I did not have to say that but somehow still felt obligated.

Although I have been somewhat involved in this nation's defence (and quite proud of that), I have never served. I have (and had) very close friends and relatives who serve or have served. I've had had the privlige of knowing people from the WWII era (quite a few have passed on) - sad to say that not many will have that opportunity going forward. I will always have respect for those that serve or have served and thier families. We can never repay them, but we should never stop trying and never forget.

SkiDog
10-31-2012, 05:28 PM

Sounds like another 'Harold' to me. Idunno/:D:D

bailey78
10-31-2012, 07:25 PM
I have kept my nose out of this thread because it needs to disapear! With that being said, I am active duty NAVY HULL MAINTANENCE TECHNICIAN FIRST CLASS BAKER, I have some opinions of my own that I will not share here, but be it known, disrespect the Armed Forces and (YOU) WILL STAND ALONE.

2RLAKE
10-31-2012, 07:54 PM
I have kept my nose out of this thread because it needs to disapear! With that being said, I am active duty NAVY HULL MAINTANENCE TECHNICIAN FIRST CLASS BAKER, I have some opinions of my own that I will not share here, but be it known, disrespect the Armed Forces and (YOU) WILL STAND ALONE.

thanks for your service to our fantastic country ... I've been all over the world the past 20 years ... there is no better place in the world than right here ... I saw a girl get the heck beat our of her in Tibet just because she was trying to sell trinkets outside her designated area ... here we can express our thoughts at will because of our First Amendment Right to our Constitution .... we are very lucky here folks

GoneBoatN
10-31-2012, 08:36 PM
http://scottthong.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/seriouscatjoker.jpg\

So I was trying to figure out what SRS meant. I went to google which lead me to wikipedia.

Other than San Ramon (I live here) Soccer, Savannah River Site, Serbian Radical Party... I don't understand.

Maybe the one that fit was:
Sex reassignment surgery

I must admit, that scared me.

bailey78
10-31-2012, 08:38 PM
2RLAKE AND MILITARY SUPPORTERS,
From all us you are welcome.

THE UNITED STATES MILITARY.

93Prostar190
11-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I have been watching this thread and I will avoid all the pitfalls except one ... MC209, Go Army and Beat the Hell out of Navy .... sorry all respect intended, USMA.

thanks to everyone for your service ... one of the things I have always enjoyed about the MC owners I have met and their counterparts has been the strong belief in patriotism. Hope everyone is doing well out there.

One more thing on the Honor Guard, they symbolize duty. No excuses, not questioning why, but simply standing their post. Somewhere right now, in the Middle East or in a USA based Garrison, there is a soldier doing the duty for us.

Citizen, volunteer soldiers. Heck, there are also other public servants not in the military showing the same commitment to duty and serving the public.

sorry I ended up on the soap box ... back to my previous point ... Beat Navy! (if we can get past Air Force this weekend.)

Peace.

east tx skier
11-02-2012, 02:57 PM
\

So I was trying to figure out what SRS meant. I went to google which lead me to wikipedia.

Other than San Ramon (I live here) Soccer, Savannah River Site, Serbian Radical Party... I don't understand.

Maybe the one that fit was:
Sex reassignment surgery

I must admit, that scared me.

SRS Means "Serious"

GoneBoatN
11-02-2012, 03:48 PM
SRS Means "Serious"

Funny, for working in an profession (IT) full of meaningless acrynoms, I still just don't get some of the ones use on the internet. :D

east tx skier
11-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Funny, for working in an profession (IT) full of meaningless acrynoms, I still just don't get some of the ones use on the internet. :D

You pretty much have to spend a cup of coffee reading Fark.com on Caturday. You pick up on this nonsense pretty quickly. :)