PDA

View Full Version : Trainer Bar For 2013 Prostar

mybobtail
10-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Hi anyone got any pics of there trainer bar .i am looking at getting the barefoot international
and want to see what they look like and where they sit on a prostar i have the 2013 model.
as i am in australia and i will be ordering it from the US i want to see it first .
ok thanks

Laurel_Lake_Skier
10-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Here's a shot of my ProStar....its a few years older (a '91) but you can see how the boom looks on the boat. I have an height adjuster on the pylon and the boom is set fairly high in this photo. It can be adjusted to be run almost horizontal from the gunnel in the low position.

Double D
10-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Trainer Bar? Not for my butt! Here is my BI Boom.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

mybobtail
10-28-2012, 12:28 PM
hi thanks for the pics do you know if they can go on the driver side or not?

Double D
10-28-2012, 02:01 PM

JKSKI has his mounted on the drivers side in his 08 197. I know if I tried I wouldn't be able to fit in my front seat. :rolleyes:

Here is another 'not so good' picture from the inside.

petermegan
10-28-2012, 06:19 PM
About to order a tower boom from the US. Are they going to freight it over for you or are you bringing it in yourself? I am fitting a ND tower and looking to put it out the driver's side.

BROUSSARD
10-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Putting on the drivers side would make it a pain in the but for docking.

petermegan
10-29-2012, 12:59 AM
We don't dock where we are, we beach onto a soft sand and having it on the drivers side means I can talk to learners and my kids and watch them closely.

mybobtail
10-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I agree with you peter prefer to have on drivers side and we dont dock much.when I bought one for my x14 I put it on the drivers side and when speaking to mike spiel he was saying that in the US they mostly have on passenger and in Australia we have on drivers.I still have the barefoot international boom from my X14 but it won't go around the seat and past the mount cover

Lars
10-29-2012, 01:09 PM
I agree with you peter prefer to have on drivers side and we dont dock much.when I bought one for my x14 I put it on the drivers side and when speaking to mike spiel he was saying that in the US they mostly have on passenger and in Australia we have on drivers.I still have the barefoot international boom from my X14 but it won't go around the seat and past the mount cover

It's probably because the water spins the other way down under.... :cool:

petermegan
10-29-2012, 06:09 PM
It's probably because the water spins the other way down under.... :cool:

Hell no, down here in OZ the water doesn't spin even in the toilet bowl. Dead calm. I shoot ducks because they leave a wake on our lake. Sick of the glassy water burning my feet when I have a foot :)

Laurel_Lake_Skier
10-30-2012, 09:24 AM
You can run the boom out the driver side but depending on your size, might find the driver seat will need to be pulled up pretty close to the steering wheel. The contour boom gives a bit more room than a straight boom but it might still be a tight squeeze behind the wheel.

kyfooter
10-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Get a Bemman's boom. Lighter, one cable, and can go out the driver side or passenger side. Scarpa used to sell them and use them at his ski school. You can also buy them direct at

http://www.bemmanscustomdesign.com/

I've had three large footers off mine, and it's always been fine. The boom doesn't have to weigh 100 lbs to be considered "strong".

mybobtail
11-25-2012, 11:49 AM
I bought the b202 and yes it is very tight on the drivers side having to move the seat forward. it does sit better on the passenger side

Double D
11-25-2012, 05:26 PM
I bought the b202 and yes it is very tight on the drivers side having to move the seat forward. it does sit better on the passenger side

Any pictures? I would also be concerned with weight distribution with both the footer and the driver on the same side. The boom would be closer to water and need to be adjusted up to compensate. Also depends on how many are in the boat.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

ozzy_master
01-21-2014, 11:57 PM
Hey there, I too have a 13 model Prostar in Brisbane and wanting a boom bar. A friend has a barefoot international on his Matrix and it is a very good unit but not sure whether it will be compatible with the mini tower option my Master craft has on it

JMann
01-22-2014, 01:29 AM
Get a Bemman's boom. Lighter, one cable, and can go out the driver side or passenger side. Scarpa used to sell them and use them at his ski school. You can also buy them direct at

http://www.bemmanscustomdesign.com/

I've had three large footers off mine, and it's always been fine. The boom doesn't have to weigh 100 lbs to be considered "strong".

What's up with the "gunnel mounted boom" ?
I like the idea of mounting it forward of the wind shield for space but how would that work especially on a 190?