PDA

View Full Version : anyone running PP multi line display yet?

Ric
09-07-2005, 11:45 AM
6balls or some of you promo guys had any time with the new multi line perfect pass yet?

How is it?

WallenpaupackPA
09-07-2005, 10:54 PM
I have it on the new '06 X-Star and it was so intuitive and easy to use that I started using it without even realizing it was a totally new setup. Very logical layout. I probably pulled 60 riders last weekend at our Liquid Force Trip Across America event and the thing is AWESOME.

Ric
09-08-2005, 01:11 AM
COOL, I may have a weak moment and order one!

anyone pulled slalom with the multi line perfect pass display yet?

PendO
09-08-2005, 01:36 AM
COOL, I may have a weak moment and order one!

anyone pulled slalom with the multi line perfect pass display yet?

Give me a week man, supposedly the new 197 could be here in the next 7 days;)

Ric
09-08-2005, 01:38 AM
ok don't accidentally shoot yourself in the leg or shome sheet in the next 7 days!

BuoyChaser
09-09-2005, 11:20 AM
how difficult is it to replace a 2005 197 with MasterCraft Cruise with PP Digital Pro myself...anyone interested in swapping the two, I really need Digital Pro to run my slalom course with magnets...

Ric
09-09-2005, 12:00 PM
VERY easy
it's plug and play setup for the dbw motor
you will need the ecm on the motor reflashed after you install the perfect pass though. Your dealer can do it.

BuoyChaser
09-09-2005, 05:38 PM
according to Randy at PP, a new chip is needed to accept the multi-line display but only a DBW module will work in the '05...does anyone have a used '05/'06 module and hook-up for DBW available???drop me a PM...

for the whole DBW Digital Pro Multi-Display system for $1,295, compare that to $1900 that the dealer charges including installation (down to $1695 if your dealer is NICE)...

pp is charging for multi-line display, $65 for chip upgrade and $199 for gauge (plus Chip extractor tool available at Radio Shack or from PerfectPass for $8)... http://www.perfectpass.com/upgradeoptions.html

Ric
09-09-2005, 05:44 PM
price them from jim@baws, mymc, and schnitz too

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Perfect Pass is offering display, chip and manual for $199 per the email I received this morning.

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 04:11 PM
I'm weak! New display will be here by Friday. Total with chip extractor and shipping was $229.

Anyone want to buy a digital pro in-dash display and a 6.4 chip. PM me with an offer.

BuoyChaser
09-20-2005, 04:27 PM
so who has the best deal out there???i talked with Dave at http://www.skiertoskier.com and he indicated he's selling them for $195 including shipping (3-4days delivery)!!!

they don't have them available to order online yet, but youc an call them up to place your order 877-603-8277 option 1...

that price has certainly dropped, because before it was $200 for display and another $70 for the chip...

here's a photo of the 05' MasterCraft Dash with black faced graphics Display Gauge (obviously a promo boat), but what does it look like with the standard SILVER DASH that the rest of us have???
http://www.perfectpass.com/upgradeyourdisplay.html

UPGRADE YOUR DISPLAY
If you wish to upgrade your WakeboardPro or DigitalPro to the new Display, its this easy. For $199 plus shipping we will send you the Display Gauge of your choice and a free version 6.5NG software chip($65 value) which easily installs in your Master Module. This package will effectively update your PerfectPass to an 06" system.
Call (902) 468-2150 or email sales@perfectpass.com

Ric
09-20-2005, 04:42 PM
chaser, that looks like a deal!
Have you run the multi line display yet? If so, how is it?
the gages with our "silver" inst panels are black so I think it will look fine?

so who has the best deal out there???i talked with Dave at http://www.skiertoskier.com and he indicated he's selling them for $195 including shipping (3-4days delivery)!!!

they don't have them available to order online yet, but youc an call them up to place your order 877-603-8277 option 1...

that price has certainly dropped, because before it was $200 for display and another $70 for the chip...

here's a photo of the 05' MasterCraft Dash with black faced graphics Display Gauge (obviously a promo boat), but what does it look like with the standard SILVER DASH that the rest of us have???
http://www.perfectpass.com/upgradeyourdisplay.html

UPGRADE YOUR DISPLAY
If you wish to upgrade your WakeboardPro or DigitalPro to the new Display, its this easy. For $199 plus shipping we will send you the Display Gauge of your choice and a free version 6.5NG software chip($65 value) which easily installs in your Master Module. This package will effectively update your PerfectPass to an 06" system.
Call (902) 468-2150 or email sales@perfectpass.com

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 04:47 PM
The $229 price is for it to be shipped out tomorrow (2 day air) from Perfect Pass. The skier-to-skier price is certainly less. But longer shipping. I don't know that I needed it by Friday, but I'm excited to have it by then. The $8 chip extractor is included in that price as well.

The software is supposedly the same as 6.5n (but just set up for the new display). So the slalom pull should be the same.

BuoyChaser
09-20-2005, 04:55 PM
RIC - haven't tried it out yet, can't wait...sounds like TX will be the 1st so far...

TX - what did PP say about calibrating baselines, etc...i've never gone through a chip upgrade, but i would hope they stay the same...otherwise there is always the "quick calibrate" feature...i ended up getting blue display to match my blue exterior/interior, but hopefully that won't look FUNKY!!!

yahh, not sure if the chip extractor is included with mine, but since skier-to-skier is getting theirs direct from PP it probably is the same package...i ordered mine yesterday and STS is in Florida so to New Hampshire that's 4 business days, so will be here Monday...i can wait, since i don't get delivery of my '05 until next wednesday!!! STOKED...

Ric
09-20-2005, 05:12 PM
I think I had to reset my baselines after my recent chip upgrade to v11
check them to be sure.

RIC - haven't tried it out yet, can't wait...sounds like TX will be the 1st so far...

TX - what did PP say about calibrating baselines, etc...i've never gone through a chip upgrade, but i would hope they stay the same...otherwise there is always the "quick calibrate" feature...i ended up getting blue display to match my blue exterior/interior, but hopefully that won't look FUNKY!!!

yahh, not sure if the chip extractor is included with mine, but since skier-to-skier is getting theirs direct from PP it probably is the same package...i ordered mine yesterday and STS is in Florida so to New Hampshire that's 4 business days, so will be here Monday...i can wait, since i don't get delivery of my '05 until next wednesday!!! STOKED...

OhioX14
09-20-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't mean to threadjack here but about a month ago PerfectPass had a large link on their home page that said something like "Mastercraft Owners Click Here" which took you to a page with a large table that was designed to point out the deficiencies in the MC Cruise compared to WakeboardPro. It caught my eye at the time as our new '06 came with MC Cruise.

Funny thing that I can't find it now? Probably learned that it's not a good idea to tick off a very good customer.

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 05:27 PM
The chip extractor is a separate item. They are supposedly available at Radio Shack, but with my luck, my podunk RS wouldn't have one and would still ask for my zip code. I'd rather give PP the $8.

I don't think the baselines carry over. Just write them down and you can enter them manually without having to do a recal in the course. I always recalibrate anyway just to be sure.

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 05:33 PM
I don't mean to threadjack here but about a month ago PerfectPass had a large link on their home page that said something like "Mastercraft Owners Click Here" which took you to a page with a large table that was designed to point out the deficiencies in the MC Cruise compared to WakeboardPro. It caught my eye at the time as our new '06 came with MC Cruise.

Funny thing that I can't find it now? Probably learned that it's not a good idea to tick off a very good customer.

I never saw that. Interesting. Always a good idea not to bad mouth a company's product with whom you have a business arrangement. But the MC cruise, from what I understand is geared toward more recreational skiers and boarders anyway (but appears to be a step above the PP basic cruise). At any rate, with all the compatability issues b/w PP and the TBW system, that'd be another reason for PP to remove that. To be fair, I haven't heard of any compatability issues b/w TBW and the MC cruise.

At the very least, I think the PP/MC relationship is mutually beneficial. MC, even though their dealers don't make much money selling the things from what I've been made to understand, wants to be able to offer PP as an option on its boats, especially if it's the only system approved for tournament use. Does anyone know if PP is the only system approved for tournament use currently? Assuming that's the case, and assuming further that it doesn't change in the near future, you can't continue to be a world record tow boat without it.

BuoyChaser
09-20-2005, 05:38 PM
OH - great point...but i think the MC Cruise is $%&# for those of us who are diehard course skiers and need the timing features offered by PP...i can see why they came out with standard option of MC Cruise, but why wouldn't they work with PP to design/create a better PP for everyone, makin' the world a better place...

i can understand why they came up with cruise, because most dealers and users would never even think of taking their ProStar 197 or ProStar 190 through a course with magnets or calibrating with GPS, so the cruise gets them into a QUICK FIX for the average user...

but what about the rest of us???

Ric
09-20-2005, 05:47 PM
The chip extractor is a separate item. They are supposedly available at Radio Shack, but with my luck, my podunk RS wouldn't have one and would still ask for my zip code. I'd rather give PP the $8.

I don't think the baselines carry over. Just write them down and you can enter them manually without having to do a recal in the course. I always recalibrate anyway just to be sure.
YES and I think it was more than 8 at Radioshack
I got one locally

part# is at home but I can find it if you need it

Ric
09-20-2005, 05:50 PM
OH - great point...but i think the MC Cruise is $%&# for those of us who are diehard course skiers and need the timing features offered by PP...i can see why they came out with standard option of MC Cruise, but why wouldn't they work with PP to design/create a better PP for everyone, makin' the world a better place...

i can understand why they came up with cruise, because most dealers and users would never even think of taking their ProStar 197 or ProStar 190 through a course with magnets or calibrating with GPS, so the cruise gets them into a QUICK FIX for the average user...

but what about the rest of us???
well you know that PP took a hit when MC offered a cruise system, however inferior, because that will definitely cut sales some at PP for a while

BuoyChaser
09-20-2005, 05:50 PM
RIC - would love to know the part number, that way when i call up our local high schooler working at RS they'll know exactly what i'm looking to buy...THANXS!!!

Ric
09-20-2005, 05:51 PM
RIC - would love to know the part number, that way when i call up our local high schooler working at RS they'll know exactly what i'm looking to buy...THANXS!!!
Will Post tomorrow or tonight

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 05:52 PM
OH - great point...but i think the MC Cruise is $%&# for those of us who are diehard course skiers and need the timing features offered by PP...

That's sort of what I was trying to get at, but was a little too wordy getting there. I spend more time on open water than in the course. But I joined a ski club and was starting to get into course skiing. I learned very quickly that if I ever wanted anyone to ski with me in my boat, perfect pass was mandatory. What the future holds is anyone's guess.

As someone on the Nicholl's board noted, with this new display, they've finally caught up with accuski. I thought that was pretty funny.

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 05:53 PM

BC, you're expressing my fears well today. I recently imagined having to try to explain to my local yokel at RS what I was looking for and figured it was better to get it from Canada. :)

BuoyChaser
09-20-2005, 06:00 PM
my father just bought his '05 ProStar 197 from a reputable dealer, and surprisingly he told him to keep it in Wakeboard Mode, that was best for slalom!!!

couldn't believe it, then when I went to get my 1st yank at free skiin', instead of skiin' at 36mph we estimated it was close to 38mph, OUCH!!!

so because my pops didn't have access to a course over the Labor Day weekend when I was home, we borrowed a neighbor's GPS and calibrated every speed based off that (thanks to some of your help on this forum for that)...worked pretty slick!!!

but in wakeboard mode it was AWFUL, it would overshoot speed, then slow down, then speed up...basically SURGING because it couldn't figure out what it was doing...

then in talking with dealer, he indicated that next year he isn't ordering any PP modules for any of his boat, because his cusomter's "weren't interested"...well i wouldn't be if my dealer was clueless and wouldn't spend an hour to calibrate it...why wouldn't MC calibrate the boats when they test them on water down in TN???

Ric
09-20-2005, 06:05 PM
my father just bought his '05 ProStar 197 from a reputable dealer, and surprisingly he told him to keep it in Wakeboard Mode, that was best for slalom!!!

couldn't believe it, then when I went to get my 1st yank at free skiin', instead of skiin' at 36mph we estimated it was close to 38mph, OUCH!!!

so because my pops didn't have access to a course over the Labor Day weekend when I was home, we borrowed a neighbor's GPS and calibrated every speed based off that (thanks to some of your help on this forum for that)...worked pretty slick!!!

but in wakeboard mode it was AWFUL, it would overshoot speed, then slow down, then speed up...basically SURGING because it couldn't figure out what it was doing...

then in talking with dealer, he indicated that next year he isn't ordering any PP modules for any of his boat, because his cusomter's "weren't interested"...well i wouldn't be if my dealer was clueless and wouldn't spend an hour to calibrate it...why wouldn't MC calibrate the boats when they test them on water down in TN???
surging is an issue on the 05 dbw perfect pass
there is a chip available thru your dealer or MYMC to solve that
I'd think rpm mode is best for open water skiing

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 06:07 PM
It is my personal opinion that PP wakeboard mode is awful for open water slalom (apart from the compatibility issues with the TBW system). My 6.4 DP manual recommends speed mode for rec slalom, too. It is all over the place compensating for the pull and with a speedo that's just not very accurate that high up on the dial.

I use rpm mode for open water. Unfortunately, the new "simple slalom" that's tied to a new rpm value (they no longe recommend speed mode for slalom in the 6.5 manual), only works in wakeboard pro mode. So is perfect pass suggestion that we use the slalom mode in open water and just ignore all recal instructions? RPM mode is a crap shoot to an extent because it doesn't factor skier weight, and all the other fun stuff into the equation (not that it's of dire importance, but I'd like to get close to the right speed).

Footin
09-20-2005, 06:07 PM
Interesting thread, I am debating installing PP in my 205 (thanks to Mag Red spoiling us with his at Magfest) and I am debating which model. Boat is used for footing, slolom, wakeboarding, pulling the kids on combo's and maybe surfing someday. I think I will go with the wakeboard pro model because as I understand it will work for all types of skiing. Am I wrong?

Sorry for the threadjack.

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 06:11 PM
The new wakeboard pro will not have the smart timer for course skiing. But it should still have a slalom mode (at least that's the case for 6.4. Other than that, it's the same. You can order it separately. Somebody just sold a 6.5 control module on ebay for $200. Had you bought it, you could've bought my dash pod and had everything but the timer and the speedo for way cheap. The module really is the expensive part.

If you're wakeboarding, you'll need the paddle wheel. If not, you can just skip that part and stick with an rpm based system. It's really great.

There's a wakeboard pro on ebay right now. It's got a m'bu branded multiline guage. Did I mention I have a MC branded one for sale (not multiline though). ;)

Ric
09-20-2005, 07:00 PM
The new wakeboard pro will not have the smart timer for course skiing. But it should still have a slalom mode (at least that's the case for 6.4. Other than that, it's the same. You can order it separately. Somebody just sold a 6.5 control module on ebay for $200. Had you bought it, you could've bought my dash pod and had everything but the timer and the speedo for way cheap. The module really is the expensive part.

If you're wakeboarding, you'll need the paddle wheel. If not, you can just skip that part and stick with an rpm based system. It's really great.

There's a wakeboard pro on ebay right now. It's got a m'bu branded multiline guage. Did I mention I have a MC branded one for sale (not multiline though). ;)
ebay it .

east tx skier
09-20-2005, 07:03 PM
I will, but it's always easier to try here first. I'm not looking to get too much for it. PP wants $199 for the old display sans chip. I'm throwing in the chip and will probably look for less than half that amount. Good for someone running an older system to be sure.

André
09-20-2005, 09:14 PM
I have the feeling that the value of the old style display has seriously drop lately ...

Leroy
09-20-2005, 10:15 PM
I run in wakeboard mode from low speed to people skiing at 36 and it works great. Was holding ~< 0.5mph this morning. I want to try RPM mode for skiing next time to see if I can see any difference.

Leroy
09-20-2005, 10:18 PM
André; The value is the same, only the resale value has dropped! I'm sure you are enjoying it just the same, ski and forget what is going on in the market!

I have the feeling that the value of the old style display has seriously drop lately ...

east tx skier
09-21-2005, 11:46 AM
By the way, from looking at my bank statement, the $229 price above may be Canadian dollars, which is approx $196 USD. It's only the temporary authorization amount, so it could change.

I figure I'll start the bidding at about $60--$70 for the display and $20 for the chip. If anyone wants to save me the trouble of listing it, don't hestitate to let me know. The same display is still selling at Perfect Pass for $199.

Ric
09-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Easy folks..... Don't push, there's room for everyone to get in their bids.

east tx skier
09-21-2005, 11:51 AM
LOL! Hey, I know plenty of folks that are running the old external box control still. The sad part is, I could get more for the old airguide speedo I took out to put the display in.

east tx skier
09-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Easy folks..... Don't push, there's room for everyone to get in their bids.

Sold. So there! ;)

/I had two people wanting the chip, so if anyone wants to sell their 6.4 chip, post it on ski-it-again as there was someone who saw my ad there that was very interested.

Ric
09-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Sold. So there! ;)

/I had two people wanting the chip, so if anyone wants to sell their 6.4 chip, post it on ski-it-again as there was someone who saw my ad there that was very interested.
hmmm I have a 6.5n DBW chip I'll sell cheap :rolleyes:

east tx skier
09-29-2005, 01:38 PM
As he wasn't interested in the "MasterCraft" display, I don't think DBW was what he wanted. I guy on the Nicholl's board bought the display and the chip for his 98. :D

Ric
09-29-2005, 01:47 PM
As he wasn't interested in the "MasterCraft" display, I don't think DBW was what he wanted. I guy on the Nicholl's board bought the display and the chip for his 98. :D
kidding. the chip I have is pre-version 11 and has a bit of a surging problem, it would NOT be cool for me to sell it to another skier :noface:

Ric
09-29-2005, 01:48 PM
by the way, have you skiid that beauty yet? anyone, anyone?

oh and uhhhh what about some pics pal???

PendO
09-29-2005, 02:46 PM
So, prior to 2005 were the wakeboard and digital pro modules 2 different modules, or have they always been one in the same? The one I got is DigitalPro DBW Version 6.5NG June 2005

Ric
09-29-2005, 02:51 PM
So, prior to 2005 were the wakeboard and digital pro modules 2 different modules, or have they always been one in the same? The one I got is DigitalPro DBW Version 6.5NG June 2005
IIRC, that is the way it's always been. You have to choose in setup and if you ONLY wakeboard, then setting up wakeboard pro leaves out all the hassle of fanning thru the 3 event screens. If you do it all, then setup digital pro and you have all features of wakeboard pro and digital pro available to you at any time
Of course I dont know how all of it shows up on the multi line screen... :(

PendO
09-29-2005, 02:58 PM
Mine looks like this, but I may need to go back to school to figure it all out ... actually, I'll be the manual is pretty clear, but when on the water the last thing I want to do is read a manual;)

BuoyChaser
09-29-2005, 03:13 PM
nice, nice, nice, lovin' the look of the MULTI-LINE display...

hopefully the display will be more stable than 6.5N and not show hieroglyphics to the driver as they're pullin' you for your PB...

my display will be showin' up today, then pick up the new boat MONDAY, can't wait!!!

hoping to have the dealer flash the ECM before i pull away from the dealership that night, then install the module/display when i get home...does anyone know if that will work???

Ric
09-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Mine looks like this, but I may need to go back to school to figure it all out ... actually, I'll be the manual is pretty clear, but when on the water the last thing I want to do is read a manual;)
Have you run PP in the past? IF so, I bet it's wayy easier to read and change...

Chaser, what did you buy?? :toast:

east tx skier
09-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Ric is correct, The software for digital pro and wakeboard pro is the same. You select which one you want. The only difference is that digital pro has a smart timer or hand timer included in the package. Wakeboard pro has a simple slalom mode that digital pro doesn't include.

It's easier to read because (1) the important info is in bigger font and (2) there is a contrast adjust that makes it easy to read. The pull and basic features is the same as 6.5n.

BuoyChaser
09-29-2005, 03:33 PM
bought an '05 ProStar 197, Montery Blue looks almost like the Photo Gallery, except no red (instead black/gray lines) http://www.mastercraft.com/html2005/prostar_boats.asp?pmid=43801&contentID=7

got some pics at home, i'll upload tonight...

go to do the on-water walkthrough on Saturday at the dealer, then drive it home Monday...hoping to be able to have the dealer flash the ECM when i pick it up (has MC Cruise now), then i'll install the module when i get home...otherwise maybe i can throw in the module, plug in the wiring in the parking lot, then have them flash the ECM...ANY THOUGHTS???

east tx skier
09-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Ric has done the TBW install. Supposed to be easy. As for the ease of installing the new guage and chip in a servo driven system, it was a piece of cake. The hardest part was messing with my old dash panel. Once inside, it was a cake walk.

PendO
09-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Have you run PP in the past?

Only wakeboard edition on the 04, we messed with it a bit last weekend but it seemed like I was having to push the up arrow a lot to get it up to 36mph ... there is probably some calibrating that needs to be done, I'll just wait until next spring :(

Ric
09-29-2005, 04:19 PM
Yes calibration is a must on a new setup

to be fair, I didnt actually install my dbw system but I may as well have as I had to move a few things around after my salesman did the install. Bottom line on the dbw install is that it's easy (plug in to the MC harness per instructions literally)

BUT, you must be sure that you get the dealer to flash your ecm (I dont know if he can or will do this before you install) but if you dont flash, your boat will still know only the MC cruise system that comes from the factory
AND, be sure that you have the v11 chip which eliminates the surging issue found early-on.

Oh and I didnt get the fancy DBW manual with mine, I got the v6.5n manual with mapple on the front and an added flier regarding DBW :(

BuoyChaser
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
if it's that easy, then i really don't need the gauge installed and i can just plug/play module to get them to flash it...

then i can come home and finish the install and SKI!!!already got the baseline rpms set from my father's boat, plus can quick calibrate after each run...

east tx skier
09-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Ric, the salesman did the install?

Ric
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
if it's that easy, then i really don't need the gauge installed and i can just plug/play module to get them to flash it...

then i can come home and finish the install and SKI!!!already got the baseline rpms set from my father's boat, plus can quick calibrate after each run...
I think that would work

Ric
09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Ric, the salesman did the install?
yes. did it himself
I think mainly to make me happy after all the ^&&*^( that happened on the first order and also cause he knew of the need for reflash and to check it for the surging issues himself.

east tx skier
09-29-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm recalling how I had to twist his arm to get a test ride. Still happy with my boat, so not complaining.

BuoyChaser
09-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Will Post tomorrow or tonight

RIC - got my chip last night, but need to head to local Radio Shack to pick up a chip extractor...tried going to their website, can't find it anywhere http://www.radioshack.com

Ric
09-30-2005, 10:20 AM
RIC - got my chip last night, but need to head to local Radio Shack to pick up a chip extractor...tried going to their website, can't find it anywhere http://www.radioshack.com
woah totally forgot, let me go get the number right now :cool:

Ric
09-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Chaser, it's Radio Shack cat no. 276-2101
PLCC Extraction Tool

BuoyChaser
09-30-2005, 10:57 AM
RIC - thanxs dude!!!

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F002%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=276%2D2101&hp=search

so cool, you can even enter in the zip code and check store availability...MAN, i love the internet!!!just wish every other major department store would get on the same page...

Ric
09-30-2005, 10:59 AM
RIC - thanxs dude!!!

http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F011%5F002%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=276%2D2101&hp=search

so cool, you can even enter in the zip code and check store availability...MAN, i love the internet!!!just wish every other major department store would get on the same page...
Thats the one!

It works corner to corner and I feel like I shoulda been wearing some surgeon's clothes while working on my perfect pass!

east tx skier
09-30-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, it take a bit of a tug to get it out. For what it's worth, touch something metal before you touch your new chip. The last thing you want is to shoot a nice static charge into it.

BuoyChaser
09-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Yeah, it take a bit of a tug to get it out. For what it's worth, touch something metal before you touch your new chip. The last thing you want is to shoot a nice static charge into it.
okay guyz, put up the pics of when we first went to see our new beauty!!!
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3308

can't wait to see the Montery Blue in the water tomorrow...will have more pics to upload after we pick her up this weekend!!!

east tx skier
09-30-2005, 05:59 PM
Beautiful boat, BC.

Ric
09-30-2005, 07:04 PM

can't wait to see the Montery Blue in the water tomorrow...will have more pics to upload after we pick her up this weekend!!!
yaaaaaaaa awesome boat! and tell wifey it's time for more swimsuit pics!

I honestly hadn't tried to use the cover supports your pics show so it's good so see where the ties go :o

oh and post some boat pics in the tt regulars thread too :cool:

BuoyChaser
09-30-2005, 07:48 PM
don't want to get busted posting too many pics, one of these days she'll figure it out...

anyone have the DBW installation instructions for PP???like where to mount the module???

Ric
09-30-2005, 08:12 PM
don't want to get busted posting too many pics, one of these days she'll figure it out...

anyone have the DBW installation instructions for PP???like where to mount the module???
PENDO has them but just put it somewhere near the relay board & mdc box on the kick panel above the driver's feet, that's where mine is

RackAtak
09-30-2005, 09:42 PM

Nice. Same color scheme as my 2001 195! :toast:

PendO
09-30-2005, 10:54 PM

It is mounted in the perfect spot for a 1 year old to crawl under your feet and pull the wires out of the module. If you want I can send you a copy of the manual, it is on my work computer so it would be next monday. Casey

edit - I would suggest in the future they design some sort of cowling to cover it up.

BuoyChaser
09-30-2005, 11:03 PM
CASEY - monday would be great to get a copy of the INSTALL manual, that's when i go to pick it up...i have the setup instructions, but not how to mount and connect the wires...

where else would you mount the module to keep out of reach of 1yr olds???don't have any yet, but you never know how soon???i was thinking up underneath the locked seat, then wouldn't have to worry about the module walking...

PendO
09-30-2005, 11:21 PM
CASEY - monday would be great to get a copy of the INSTALL manual, that's when i go to pick it up...i have the setup instructions, but not how to mount and connect the wires...

where else would you mount the module to keep out of reach of 1yr olds???don't have any yet, but you never know how soon???i was thinking up underneath the locked seat, then wouldn't have to worry about the module walking...

I'll take some pics of where mine is mounted ... having not done the install I dont know about the lenght of the cabling, but if possible I might try to put it under one of the front seats on the side, my son likes to crawl around the boat so I just know I will have to watch him as he has this one tweeter in the other boat that he goes for every time to pull out ... really where it is at is probably the correct spot, just think I might build a small box type cover over the winter.

Ric
10-01-2005, 09:31 AM
I'll take some pics of where mine is mounted ... having not done the install I dont know about the lenght of the cabling, but if possible I might try to put it under one of the front seats on the side, my son likes to crawl around the boat so I just know I will have to watch him as he has this one tweeter in the other boat that he goes for every time to pull out ... really where it is at is probably the correct spot, just think I might build a small box type cover over the winter.
what, are you growing Bam Bam over there? :eek: I dont remember that plug being easy to undo?
Seriously, isn't there a clip on that plug that pops when it's all the way engaged? Maybe yours originally wasn't completely plugged til the clip engaged?

BuoyChaser
10-03-2005, 09:13 AM
my dealer def'n doesn't have the tool to flash the ECM, so i've got to send back to Indmar or MasterCraft directly...does anyone have any experience doing this, don't want to be down for more than a couple days...especially since we're in the 80s all week here in New Hampshire!!!

going to try and call MC or Indmar today to see if they'll ship me an ECM already flashed, then I can just return my old one...

pick up the boat TONIGHT!!!

also anyone interested in a DBW MC Cruise unit???going to have to get a plug for where the controls use to be...

BuoyChaser
10-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Indmar Products Company http://www.indmar.com
901-353-9930

talked with Jim and he indicated the '06 have a Jumper Plug that makes it easier to enable the PP, but in the '05 since my dealer doesn't have the tool with the specic ThrottleByWire files, have to find a local dealer who does or have the dealer send the ECM to Indmar...guess it is like a $1200+ unit, OUCH!!!

can't be done for too many days, so stuck with MC Cruise...going to have to figure how to calibrate that...

found some great specs on the MCX engine: http://www.indmar.com/engines/engine_detail.cfm?name=mas_57_MCX

BuoyChaser
10-04-2005, 04:53 PM
okay, talked to Larry at Indmar who was the BEST!!!

since the dealer where I bought the boat wouldn't help me out, found another local dealer who also wasn't familiar with the process, but WAS WILLING TO CALL INDMAR TO LEARN, wow!!!they can't get me in until Tuesday, due to busy schedule (lake level dropping, etc)

so i'll have to get use to using MC Cruise instead of PP, going to bring out the GPS tonight...

anyways here's what Larry indicated:
"The ECM needs to be powered up through the wiring harness in order to recalibrate it so it will have to be in a boat to do it. You will either have to take your boat or they will have to temporarily install it in another 2005 Model Year boat with an MCX engine to calibrate it."

east tx skier
10-04-2005, 04:57 PM
BC, your local dealer is a MasterCraft dealer, but can't flash the ECM?

Ric
10-04-2005, 05:02 PM
is tonight the maiden voyage?

BuoyChaser
10-04-2005, 05:06 PM
don't ask...they wanted to ship it out to Indmar (take 2wks), just picked up the boat last night...couldn't be down that long!!!guess that's why they lost the dealership...

talked with the dealer in the area who picked up MC and their going to get me in on Tuesday to "FLASH THE ECM"...GOTTA WAIT A WEEK???guess that's better than paying $$$$ to overnight in 3 days...

gotta figure out how to calibrate MC Cruise to be within tolerances at 34mph and 36mph...

BuoyChaser
10-04-2005, 05:10 PM
tonight is the maiden voyage...get home at 5:30pm then gets dark by 6:30pm, ARGGGHhh...just enough time to flip the accusink switch, wait 10 minutes, hitch up the trailer and drop the new boat in the water...with just 2.1hrs she's going to be cherry on the water!!!

HOW DO I CALIBRATE MC CRUISE for 34mph and 36mph???is it calibrated from factory, or do i have to break out the GPS and blow the dust off the stopwatch???

about ready to open up the manual...

east tx skier
10-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Argghhh is right! You have an accusink setup! :cool:

I'm going to stop feeling sorry for you now. ;) I still swim our course out when we want it up for the weekend.

BuoyChaser
10-06-2005, 10:24 AM
thought I'd take some pics of what the chip looks like, along with the tool to replace it...quite a simple process, took all of 5minutes...

Tuesday get the ECM flashed, YAHHHH!!! :dance: until then MC Cruise :mad:

Ric
10-06-2005, 12:04 PM
thought I'd take some pics of what the chip looks like, along with the tool to replace it...quite a simple process, took all of 5minutes...

Tuesday get the ECM flashed, YAHHHH!!! :dance: until then MC Cruise :mad:
OH NO , you laid that chip on the table??? It's fried now for sure

j/k
more pics more pics!!

jpattigr
10-06-2005, 12:11 PM
I was in Nova Scotia on the weekend and went to meet Randy at Perfect Pass and pick up the new display and chip.

I am very happy to tell everyone that the guys at Perfect Pass are super nice guys and it was great to meet them!! Nice operation run by a bunch of keeners for boating!!
:friday:

Ric
10-06-2005, 12:13 PM
I was in Nova Scotia on the weekend and went to meet Randy at Perfect Pass and pick up the new display and chip.

I am very happy to tell everyone that the guys at Perfect Pass are super nice guys and it was great to meet them!! Nice operation run by a bunch of keeners for boating!!
:friday:
hey, have you skiid the multi line setup yet?

east tx skier
10-06-2005, 12:20 PM
I'll ski mine in two days. I'll second the part about the PP guys being about the nicest bunch of folks you could ever talk to.

BuoyChaser
10-06-2005, 12:36 PM
RIC - hahh, hahhhhhh, hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

that's all the pics i've got...now what would be interesting, is to find out if the old chip can be used from my DBW in a non DBW???

is there anyway to tell from the #'s as to what version the chip is, without plugging them in???

2nd the guyz at PP are great, hopefully MC and other boat manufacturers will continue providing them with business...PP rocks, especially after using MC Cruise!!!but i'll be nice since some people like MC Cruise, NOT SURE WHY???? :eek:

Ric
10-06-2005, 12:40 PM
I dont think there's a way because my v11 chip had the same number on the outside of it as the original chip
Guy at PP said this was normal to see

RIC - hahh, hahhhhhh, hahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

that's all the pics i've got...now what would be interesting, is to find out if the old chip can be used from my DBW in a non DBW???

is there anyway to tell from the #'s as to what version the chip is, without plugging them in???

2nd the guyz at PP are great, hopefully MC and other boat manufacturers will continue providing them with business...PP rocks, especially after using MC Cruise!!!but i'll be nice since some people like MC Cruise, NOT SURE WHY???? :eek:

BuoyChaser
10-06-2005, 12:46 PM
that's what i figured...once i get the system up and running, will throw it in on my 85's PP, 6.5n to see what happens!!!then i can get one of my buddies to upgrade their system!!!

Ric
10-06-2005, 12:46 PM
I'll ski mine in two days. I'll second the part about the PP guys being about the nicest bunch of folks you could ever talk to.
I' ready ready ready to hear all about it!

whatever happened to 6balls, you KNOW he has multiline and probably 200 hours on it by now!

east tx skier
10-06-2005, 12:56 PM
You need to learn to be more of an impulse buyer like me! ;)

Ric
10-06-2005, 12:57 PM
You need to learn to be more of an impulse buyer like me! ;)
we were talking about that the other day and I've done enough buying lately. I was even looking at another damn house!

I need to sit on my hands or do some selling for a while!

east tx skier
10-06-2005, 01:08 PM
... said the guy with the brand new ski boat to the guy with the 13 year old ski boat who still thinks of himself as a compulsive buyer.

There's no shame in selling for a while. One house is enough for me.

Ric
10-06-2005, 01:10 PM
... said the guy with the brand new ski boat to the guy with the 13 year old ski boat who still thinks of himself as a compulsive buyer.

There's no shame in selling for a while. One house is enough for me.
well ya, me too but my garage is really small :rolleyes:

BuoyChaser
10-10-2005, 10:05 AM
need to get a pic of where the OEM install of the PerfectPass Module is located on '05 Throttle By Wire ProStar 197...

installing the module today, then take it tomorrow morning to get the ECM reflashed!!!

Ric
10-10-2005, 11:48 AM
need to get a pic of where the OEM install of the PerfectPass Module is located on '05 Throttle By Wire ProStar 197...

installing the module today, then take it tomorrow morning to get the ECM reflashed!!!
I dont have a pic but it's on the vertical removeable kick panel above the drivers footrest (the one where the sub is mounted)
It's to the left, near the mdc box
search crdickey's boat on this site, he has a ton of pics of his 197 somewhere on here which show placements of speakers and ballast and so forth.

BuoyChaser
10-10-2005, 01:02 PM
checked his gallery and recent posts, but didn't find any...i'll try to line up the cables to see how far they stretch...

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=658&cat=500

east tx skier
10-10-2005, 04:03 PM
Okay, for what it's worth, ran the boat with the new perfect pass. Display was very easy to read. I didn't pull anyone, but did ski. Felt like a fine pull to me. It was a little fast though as I haven't set my baselines (was running with perfect pass's presets).

Ric
10-10-2005, 04:12 PM
Okay, for what it's worth, ran the boat with the new perfect pass. Display was very easy to read. I didn't pull anyone, but did ski. Felt like a fine pull to me. It was a little fast though as I haven't set my baselines (was running with perfect pass's presets).
you're tempting me, to say the very least!

BuoyChaser
10-10-2005, 04:29 PM
got the display installed, but looked everywhere to find the wire from the engine box, that goes to the wire connected to the module...

it's a white sixport rectangular plug...i unscrewed the MC Cruise control next to the throttle, traced that wire to a large cluster (one connection in between but it was a larger 9port...

might just have to wait and see what dealers manuals say tomorrow when get it reflashed...

Ric
10-10-2005, 04:31 PM
call PP right now and they may be able to tell you exactly where to look

nevermind, just read bcampbe's post and they're probably closed for Thanksgiving

BuoyChaser
10-10-2005, 04:33 PM
they're on vacation today, celebrating Thanksgiving in Canada...would have done it during the week (when Tech Service was in), but wanted to be able to use the boat in the meantime...

east tx skier
10-10-2005, 04:34 PM
you're tempting me, to say the very least!

Ric, the pull is no different than what you already have. If everyone you ride with has a really easy time using the older display, there's not a whole lot of reason to upgrade your antiquated system. ;)

In my situation, it made some sense as I can now tell my father-in-law, brother-in-law, or wife to just select my name and go. It makes things much easier when I've got soap on my feet standing on the platform and realize that I haven't set up the PP for the driver.

Ric
10-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Ric, the pull is no different than what you already have. If everyone you ride with has a really easy time using the older display, there's not a whole lot of reason to upgrade your antiquated system. ;)

In my situation, it made some sense as I can now tell my father-in-law, brother-in-law, or wife to just select my name and go. It makes things much easier when I've got soap on my feet standing on the platform and realize that I haven't set up the PP for the driver.
between that and my antiquated rudder, I may blow a gasket!

east tx skier
10-10-2005, 06:07 PM
My, these boats do grow up fast.

BuoyChaser
10-10-2005, 07:25 PM
looks like the PP module mounts to the right of the fuse panel, as high as possible...using two, 3/4" ss screws...

i correct my earlier statement, the connector coming from the PerfectPass Module to the MasterCraft Harness is a
9-Pin MATE-N-LOK (white). I've attached a pic of it...

in talking to a couple of guyz it appears that it connects behind the kick panel...the kick panel is held on my 3 BIG Phillip Screws, so going to have to take that off to see what I can find...any tricks on un-screwing these...

got lots of other pics of the process, since the PP manual nor anywhere else talks about the install steps...

Ric
10-10-2005, 07:32 PM
no biggie removing that kick panel
do you have a sub?
if not, it's fairly lite and easy to pop out after removing the screws and yes, the fuse panel will have wiring harness hooked to the backside of the panel, so I wouldn't horse it around too terribly much.

BuoyChaser
10-10-2005, 07:42 PM
RIC - what's a sub???so i can assume the harness has nothing attached to it, or will it have the MC Cruise attached and i just unplug that one???

those philip screws are in TIGHT, holding on that kick panel!!!

did you see the new PerfectPass video, check it out especially the last SLAM "...anything else is basic cruise..." OUCH!!! http://www.perfectpass.com/PerfectPassvideoWMV_power.html#clip

Ric
10-10-2005, 07:53 PM
sorry, do you have a factory installed subwoofer? If so, the kick panel is heavy and awkward
if not, its easy to remove and the screws are quite long (maybe 1.5" long)
well the harness has all the wires coming in and out of it on the backside of the fuse panel but it can be disconnected.
I didnt install my tbw setup so I cannot tell you which wire to unplug, nor can I say which wire is MC cruise

RIC - what's a sub???so i can assume the harness has nothing attached to it, or will it have the MC Cruise attached and i just unplug that one???

those philip screws are in TIGHT, holding on that kick panel!!!

did you see the new PerfectPass video, check it out especially the last SLAM "...anything else is basic cruise..." OUCH!!! http://www.perfectpass.com/PerfectPassvideoWMV_power.html#clip

BuoyChaser
10-10-2005, 08:11 PM
no subwoofer so should be EASY, right???it's dark here now, but I'm leaving before 7am tomorrow to head to dealer...so better go head out in the rain, after dinner though...

hoping the connecter should be obvious...still can't believe PP didn't have any specific installation instructions for the MC, just the regular manual on how to use and troubleshoot the system...oh well, easy enough to figure out...

Ric
10-10-2005, 08:20 PM
no subwoofer so should be EASY, right???it's dark here now, but I'm leaving before 7am tomorrow to head to dealer...so better go head out in the rain, after dinner though...

hoping the connecter should be obvious...still can't believe PP didn't have any specific installation instructions for the MC, just the regular manual on how to use and troubleshoot the system...oh well, easy enough to figure out...
I'm with you on the lack of instruction
all I know is that everyone along the way said "plug and play" for tbw setups.
I do remember that PP was reluctant at first to sell the dbw system outright and you had to go to a dealer to purchase the system (mainly due to the need for reflash) but it could be the reason you see a lack of consumer installation instructions?

BuoyChaser
10-10-2005, 08:52 PM
that's makes sense for why no install instructions exist...still can't believe they can't loan out a device that would flash the ecm...guess the '06 don't require this, so that's good it is fixed...guess they have some type of relay that has to be removed to activate PP...

wonder what info they have for the dealer's to do the install...keep your fingers crossed for me tomorrow!!!

BuoyChaser
10-10-2005, 10:57 PM
took off the kick panel, and wa-la...found two wires with fuses, one for paddlewheel and one for perfectpass...followed those wires back into their cluster and BINGO, found the plug...

so i'm now OFFICIALLY a PP TBW installer!!!got plenty of pics to share...

bummin' about those inline fuses though, pain in the but removing those 3-1/2" long screws on the kick panel...they're just screwed directly into the fiberglass, good chance for failure if you're removing/installing those screws often...like my old 85, had to put inserts into the fiberglass holding on the back panel (covering the gas tank)....otherwise they started to rattle loose over time...

BuoyChaser
10-11-2005, 11:10 AM
ARGGHHGH, drove an hour to dealer this morning to find out they couldn't get into their computer, some high school worker on weekend password protected it...so had to make the hour journey to work then will hopefully be able to pick up my baby this evening, ARGGHHh!!!

Ric
10-11-2005, 11:17 AM
wow, you did all that work after dark in the cold rain? :eek:
I dont think those long screws will cause issue
I've had them out a few times already with no issues and the TT boat I had had been opened up a couple of times (one time by me to get a peek before mine got here and I had to do what you're doing) that boat had about 170hrs and the screws still bit into the glas VERY well

took off the kick panel, and wa-la...found two wires with fuses, one for paddlewheel and one for perfectpass...followed those wires back into their cluster and BINGO, found the plug...

so i'm now OFFICIALLY a PP TBW installer!!!got plenty of pics to share...

bummin' about those inline fuses though, pain in the but removing those 3-1/2" long screws on the kick panel...they're just screwed directly into the fiberglass, good chance for failure if you're removing/installing those screws often...like my old 85, had to put inserts into the fiberglass holding on the back panel (covering the gas tank)....otherwise they started to rattle loose over time...

BuoyChaser
10-11-2005, 04:02 PM
got the GREEN LIGHT from dealer, so have to drive back up this evening to pick up the boat (extra 80miles) didn't count on...plus they're charging me an 1-1/2 labor, rediculous $100 charge!!!

east tx skier
10-11-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm going to go home tonight and kiss my throttle cable and servo motor.

BuoyChaser
10-11-2005, 09:14 PM
has anyone else been charged a fee for "recalibrating their ecm"???doesn't seem right for such a short step, especially since it's an upgrade to the computer system for a mistake from MC, Indmar and PP, that's now fixed for '06...

maybe should have just paid UPS overnight fees to send back directly to Indmar...

BuoyChaser
10-20-2005, 11:42 AM
here's a great deal on a 6.5 PerfectPass display and chip upgrade if anyone's interested on eBay...looks like it came off a Nautique...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4583965433&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3***%3AUS%3A1

Ric
10-28-2005, 11:19 AM
No fee here, in fact I'd think that a call to perfect pass regarding the fee may be in order.

I'd pay something if needed, but not $100

it's literally a 5 minute job to reflash the ecm. He could do it in the parking lot when you arrive (if he has a laptop)

has anyone else been charged a fee for "recalibrating their ecm"???doesn't seem right for such a short step, especially since it's an upgrade to the computer system for a mistake from MC, Indmar and PP, that's now fixed for '06...

maybe should have just paid UPS overnight fees to send back directly to Indmar...

Ric
10-28-2005, 11:23 AM
here's a great deal on a 6.5 PerfectPass display and chip upgrade if anyone's interested on eBay...looks like it came off a Nautique...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4583965433&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3***%3AUS%3A1
Chaser, your PM box is full