PDA

View Full Version : Got up with deep start

nkorep2
10-27-2012, 03:36 AM
So, Ive wanted to barefoot forever. Got up off a wakeboard this summer, and have been doing that since. I ordered a barefoot suit, got it thurs afternoon, got up from a deep start Friday afternoon after 6 attempts. Im hooked! And officially a barefooter. Im going again tomorrow, so hopefully can get some pics or video. It was behind a '03 Bayliner Capri btw :)

Eljaybee
10-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Great job! You will find footin to be a love hate relationship. Nothing like gliding across the water at 40+ mph but catch a toe and well there is nothing like that either :). Have a blast and keep your toes up!

CruisinGA
10-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Right on! I was hooked from the first time as well. I've almost stopped wake boarding and skiing.

tex
10-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Great job! Wait for the great feeling of your heels hitting you in the back of the head! If you laugh-You are hooked!

Masterfull
10-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Haha!!! I experienced this last summer.....I didn't laugh but I never stopped smiling!!:D

Laurel_Lake_Skier
10-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Way to go! You'll find that the barefoot suit makes a huge difference. If you don't have them already, you should consider adding padded shorts under the suit to make life even more comfortable.

nkorep2
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
I think I need to get one, butt kills!!! I spent sat afternoon barefooting too, by the end I had no ddie to attempt tumble turns like I planned on doing once I started getting up regularly.

nkorep2
11-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Here's a video from today! I love it...everyone should do it. So much more fun than wakeboarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjgnXyEQRJo&feature=youtu.be

atlfootr
11-03-2012, 09:54 AM
nkorep2, where bout's in the SE are you located?

Barefooter92
11-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Sweet, now your hooked!

You love a tug from an inboard. It will cut your drag time by more than half, and make more foot time on top of the water. Remember to bend those knees!

Ski-me
11-04-2012, 11:08 AM
That's awesome! Nothing wrong with a Bayliner.....you just work with what you got!

I learned off of a 79' Cobalt with a "deep" vee. We tied two ropes together to get us back far enough out of the prop wash. We did it and it was awesome! When we went to the smaller SeaRay....major upgrade! The boat was quicker and wake MUCH small!

I do love my MC's wake and power now though....:cool:

nkorep2
11-04-2012, 11:11 PM
That's awesome! Nothing wrong with a Bayliner.....you just work with what you got!

I learned off of a 79' Cobalt with a "deep" vee. We tied two ropes together to get us back far enough out of the prop wash. We did it and it was awesome! When we went to the smaller SeaRay....major upgrade! The boat was quicker and wake MUCH small!

I do love my MC's wake and power now though....:cool:

I cant wait till my boat is done, Ive skied behind a malibu, a 91 nautique and a 78 nautique, cant wait to barefoot behind my MC!

nkorep2, where bout's in the SE are you located?

Tallahassee, Fl