PDA

View Full Version : only in cali-forn-yay-i

willyt
10-25-2012, 02:48 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/25/accused-burglar-reportedly-countersues-0-year-old-shooting-victim/?intcmp=trending

ridiculous. its no surprise now that MC lost that X45 lawsuit.

BrooksfamX2
10-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Unbelievable..............

milkmania
10-25-2012, 03:03 PM
they told me in class to shoot center mass to kill..... if he's climbing in the window and falls out after you shoot him, drag his *** back in:mad:

here's another account

Don't mess with Old Man Leone, you hear?
When Jay Leone of Greenbrae, California -- who happens to be 90 years of age -- found himself under fire by an armed home invader, he didn't throw his hands in the air and surrender. And when he was shot clear through the face, he didn't duck and hide.
"I told him 'Now it's my turn!'" said Leone. Then he proceeded to return fire.
"I said, 'F--- you, you son of a b-tch!" Leone told the Daily Mail. That "son of a b-tch," was none other than Samual Joseph Cutrufelli. Mr. Leone, a former Sheriff's deputy, actually hit Cutrufelli three times in the stomach before the two ended up wrestling on ground.
According to Leone's account of the tussel, Cutrufelli snatched Leone's gun away from him and held it to Leone's head. Cutrufelli pulled the trigger in a clear attempt to keep Leon from seeing 91, but the weapon had already run out of bullets.
"He took the gun and put it to my head - click! And that was the end of that. He ran away." said Leone.
It was at that point that Leone realized he had been shot during the earlier firefight.
Cutrufelli shot Leone clear through the face. The bullet entered between Leone's jawbones and exited the back of his neck, miraculously, without hitting any vital organs.
Leone appeared in court with a bandage over his gunshot wound to testify against Cutrufelli. He provided evidence meant to help the judge decide whether Cutrufelli should be charged with robber, burglary or attempted murder.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/crime/video-90-year-old-man-returns-fire-burglar

SHOOTER
http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Samuel-Cutrufelli.jpg

SHOOTEE
http://cbssanfran.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/jay-leon.jpg

Sodar
10-25-2012, 03:04 PM
Doesn't mean for a second it will hold in court. The thing that sucks is the poor 90 yr old will have to pay to defend himself.

TxsRiverRat
10-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Why isnt this capital murder?

aquaman
10-25-2012, 03:32 PM
It's not just in Calif.

Sleazy lawyers will hijack justice with the help of judges and juries.

Everyone "feels" he is a victim and should be compensated.

I am amazed that "decent lawyers" dont step forward to save the profession ?

oops, oxymoron ? :rolleyes:

JimN
10-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Doesn't mean for a second it will hold in court. The thing that sucks is the poor 90 yr old will have to pay to defend himself.

Leone said ""I'll just countersue him then. That's what I'll need to do." and if he does, he can sue for his legal costs, too.

JimN
10-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Why isnt this capital murder?

Because nobody died.

TxsRiverRat
10-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Because nobody died.

LOL - Duh...

GoneBoatN
10-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Leone said ""I'll just countersue him then. That's what I'll need to do." and if he does, he can sue for his legal costs, too.

Except I doubt the Drug Addict has much if any assets to collect from.

The only win-win here will be Lawyer-Lawyer, as usual.

2RLAKE
10-25-2012, 08:43 PM
unbelievable ... i cant believe some meth head jerk is actually suing the victim ... this is exactly why i am well armed

93Prostar190
10-25-2012, 10:08 PM
I just feel stupid when I read stuff like this ..... Not the thread but the initial article ..... I guess the negative side effect of "due process" is the "due process" in cases like this one.

fskof
10-25-2012, 10:28 PM
I saw this Quote and thought it was funny!

"Lawyers are pigs, the slime of the world, the underbelly of the snake. They create nothing, only stealing from those who produce. They are typically arrogant beyond belief and fly Barons."

FrankSchwab
10-25-2012, 10:34 PM
My question is, what lawyer in his right mind would take Mr. Cutrufelli's case? You have who is, presumably, a more-or-less indigent plaintiff filing a civil lawsuit that has about zero chance of being successful. How is he expecting to get paid?

DemolitionMan
10-25-2012, 11:19 PM
I saw this Quote and thought it was funny!

"Lawyers are pigs, the slime of the world, the underbelly of the snake. They create nothing, only stealing from those who produce. They are typically arrogant beyond belief and fly Barons."

We have one as President.:(

GoneBoatN
10-26-2012, 01:59 AM
My question is, what lawyer in his right mind would take Mr. Cutrufelli's case? You have who is, presumably, a more-or-less indigent plaintiff filing a civil lawsuit that has about zero chance of being successful. How is he expecting to get paid?

"If you can not afford a lawyer, one will be appointed...". Me suspects, you, me and the rest of us are paying the bill with our tax dollars. At least those of us who are still left that pay taxes.

FrankSchwab
10-26-2012, 02:54 AM
"If you can not afford a lawyer, one will be appointed...". Me suspects, you, me and the rest of us are paying the bill with our tax dollars. At least those of us who are still left that pay taxes.

But that only applies to a criminal charge, brought by the state against a citizen. This is a civil matter, brought by one citizen against another - there's no requirement that the state provide attorneys to neighbors who file lawsuits against each other, and there shouldn't be here.

mikeg205
10-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Leone has money, so he get's to spend it now because of some jerk off. Even if Curtrufelli loses, most likely he has nothing that leone can get. Leone will be out his attorney fees and curtruffeli will owe court costs. We all lose..

Goofy legal state...unfortunately the majority of Californians must like their criminal and legal system...they re-elected G. Brown... Heck L.A. if you're an illegal alien you get safe haven in L.A.

http://www.voxxi.com/los-angeles-id-cards-immigrants/

Like the post says - only in california...

Skipper
10-26-2012, 07:50 AM

It is right there on the flag...The People's Republic of California. The signs along the highway don't have "welcome to California" written on them, instead it is "abandon all hope, ye who enter here". Matches the one outside the whitehouse.

coz
10-26-2012, 07:55 AM
All Californians that own guns for property and self defense should know that if an intruder comes into to your house you had better make sure he's dead or this WILL happen. California has made it almost impossible to protect your property or self with all the anti gun nuts that run the state. He wouldn't have a case here in armed Az :D

76S&S
10-26-2012, 08:37 AM

Simple, the lawyer is going to get paid by one of the parties in the case. Either way, the lawyer wins...................this sucks!

Future MC Owner
10-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Take anything that comes out of California with a grain of salt. When I was in law school, the professors always said the rest of the country was the mainstream of thought, and the court decisions/cases that came out of California were the exception to every rule. Just a different and goofy mind set out there.

willyt
10-26-2012, 02:43 PM
... this is exactly why i am well armed

darn, and i thought i had found a good x14 to 'borrow' down at big creek