PDA

View Full Version : MC Cruise to PP conversion

bturner2
10-25-2012, 11:30 AM
So the brother in law picked up one of the boats that was listed in the ebay/deals thread. The boat currently has MC Cruise installed. Since I converted to StarGazer and have basically all the parts to install PP sitting a shelf at home we're thinking of upgrading his boat to PP. Has anyone done this upgrade? I know most boats these days are pre wired and PP is typically a plug and go upgrade but the MC cruise kind of throws a curve in the equation for me. The boat is a 06 MariStar 215. The PP is from my 07 X2.

Thanks go out to Cardenfam for taking the time to check the boat out for us.....

CantRepeat
10-25-2012, 03:03 PM
The install is pretty straight forward.

In this photo http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38291 you can see the plug for the PP module. It should be located in front of the dash.

The only issue you may have on an 06 is if the boat is an early model or late model for the year. At some point Indmar started flashing the ECMs to work with boat MC cruise and PP. Mine was an early model year and I had to get it flashed.

In fact my motor is serial numbered as an 05 so if you have a later model year you might be good to go on it.

If you have an early model year the cal file is MCXMC53.cal

If you have a later model year the cal file is MCXPP55.cal

You will either need to take the boat to an Indmar dealer or buy a cable and software from Rinda. If you go the later you'll need to talk to Steve Wendel in the Indmar service department and get him to email the tect at Rinda to have them OK your purchase of a cable that is able to flash the ECM. IE Rinda is only authorized to sale flash enable cables to dealers or end users that Indmar oks. They did it for me. If you lived closer I'd do it for you.

Hope this helps.

ttu
10-25-2012, 03:06 PM
So the brother in law picked up one of the boats that was listed in the ebay/deals thread. The boat currently has MC Cruise installed. Since I converted to StarGazer and have basically all the parts to install PP sitting a shelf at home we're thinking of upgrading his boat to PP. Has anyone done this upgrade? I know most boats these days are pre wired and PP is typically a plug and go upgrade but the MC cruise kind of throws a curve in the equation for me. The boat is a 06 MariStar 215. The PP is from my 07 X2.

Thanks go out to Cardenfam for taking the time to check the boat out for us.....

congrats. post some pictures of the maristar. glad i saw that on craiglist.

LaRue
10-25-2012, 04:40 PM
I would be interested in discussing the possibility of buying the cruise control from you. PM me if interested

CantRepeat
10-25-2012, 04:46 PM
I would be interested in discussing the possibility of buying the cruise control from you. PM me if interested

I don't know what all is involved with removing the old MC cruise. I didn't look at it beyond the drivers controller. It may included parts that cannot be removed, like the module for the gauges.

bturner2
10-26-2012, 06:27 AM
I'll be looking at the boat later today for the first time. We've been looking for something for about a two months but the smoking deals that I have typically seen late in the year didn't seem to come along. This boat originally posted by TTU was about the best thing on paper that I saw. The resale price of our beloved MCs have without a doubt gone up. Appreciate the post. I'll try to get a couple pictures up of the boat and write up the conversion as we go along.

The good part of doing this one will be that I'll have my 07 X2 and the 215 sitting side by side in the barn for comparison. Not sure how quick we'd be able to swap out the cruise and test as we're pretty much done here for the year but I'm sure we'd like to move it along to someone else after the conversion. I'll know more as I dig into it.

Thanks for the links and insight on the flash information. As always TT is without a doubt the best site I've been to for information and help on anything related to MasterCraft. If there isn't an answer to something here there's usually a lead to finding the answer. Should make for a couple good projects to help pass time through the winter.......