PDA

View Full Version : ballast upgrade concern

kalamalka
10-24-2012, 11:09 PM
I am about to switch my stock hard tanks in my x1 to 750 bags. My concern is that ive been told that i must build an extra divider between the rear locker and the engine compartment. I was told that the bags will put too much pressure on the engine or create too much heat?

I know that this is a pretty common upgrade with x1, 05x2, and early 2000 x stars for surfing. Is this necessary? what material used, how to do this? any pics? thanks very much.

wheelerd
10-25-2012, 01:36 AM
Here's a thread that might help:
http://forums.wakeboarder.com/viewtopic.php?t=67697

kalamalka
10-25-2012, 02:02 AM
looks like good info, but I can't seem to see any of the pics.

bcd
10-25-2012, 10:10 AM
I don't have any pictures or own the boat anymore, but I added the v drive sacs on my 02 X Star. The divider would get pushed in and contact the exhaust manifolds. I just got cut 2 pieces of angled aluminum and screwed one down on each side in the center to replicate the factory supports. It was enough to keep it from flexing.

VP46
10-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't have any pictures or own the boat anymore, but I added the v drive sacs on my 02 X Star. The divider would get pushed in and contact the exhaust manifolds. I just got cut 2 pieces of angled aluminum and screwed one down on each side in the center to replicate the factory supports. It was enough to keep it from flexing.

perfect - that was my plan, good to know it works!

02 x-star

wheelerd
10-25-2012, 05:57 PM
looks like good info, but I can't seem to see any of the pics.

You have to be a member to see the pics I think. It will only take you a few minutes to sign up -- it's free.