PDA

View Full Version : Winter Projects

Lumbergh
10-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Did I miss the thread?

Surely someone must begin the obvious discussion as November barrels toward us!

I was quite busy last winter sorting a new to me boat, so this year the list is much smaller:

1) New plug wires (didn't do it last year)
2) Depth finder
3) Sub and box (last years choice didn't work out, so I sold it)
3) New pitots (originals on there, 20 years is enough. for $40 I will go new)
4) detail cleaning (like waxing bilge MCOCD stuff)

What says the hive?

LeRoi 87 PS
11-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Yup its not getting any warmer in the midwest. As the wife and I have just moved into a new house with a garage, I am excited for the work to begin.

Clean or replace fuel sender and fuel hoses.
Detail buff oxidation.
Re wire stereo componants.

Finish up the rest of new carpet insall as last year just replace the middle floors.

I have some beach rash from previous owner on keel as well as gel coat chip on rear corner that is not getting better. I am having my local marina quote a repair price on that as i am not experienced with gel coat repair. Anyone else have some experience with gel coat repair.

Like i said its gonna be a good winter...

nkorep2
11-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Finish restoration on my 1990 prostar. Which means a ton of work ahead :)

Lennyp04
11-06-2012, 01:00 AM
My dad an I are going to make a jump seat to go behind the drivers seat in our X1. Making the base out of starboard and they fixing it to the "step" that serves no purpose. Probably going to add 2 or 3 (depending on whats needed) stainless steel legs to help support it.

Secondly, my dad and I are going to make a fiberglass platform. We love the teak but kinda want to try a father son project so this is something I've always wanted to do. We are going to take all the dimensions from our teak platform and then go from there!

VP46
11-06-2012, 01:43 AM
My dad an I are going to make a jump seat to go behind the drivers seat in our X1. Making the base out of starboard and they fixing it to the "step" that serves no purpose. Probably going to add 2 or 3 (depending on whats needed) stainless steel legs to help support it.

Secondly, my dad and I are going to make a fiberglass platform. We love the teak but kinda want to try a father son project so this is something I've always wanted to do. We are going to take all the dimensions from our teak platform and then go from there!

Please post as the project(s) on your x-1 come to fruition. I've been eyeing that step too...

bturner2
11-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Got a couple small projects planned, we'll see if I actually get to them.

Would like to flip my rear ballast pumps over so the water doesn't leak into them. Had to replace one of them 2 seasons ago and now the other was sounding pretty bad. Got a new pump from Wake Makers, now just need to schedule time to finish the project correctly.

Found new snap in carpet on Ebay pretty cheap so I picked it up. My boat has 6 seasons on it so it was starting to look pretty bad. Thought this would be a quick way to refresh the interior. Now all I need to do is figure out how to install the snaps and buy a good snap tool. Anyone had any experience doing this?

Miss Rita
11-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Lumbergh: I sent you a PM

mikeg205
11-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Hey Lumb.... I think we need some new silent master decals on them mufflers... :)

My big goal is to figure out out to make that metallic decal on spark arrestor cover...

erervin
11-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Several projects/purchases planned this winter for my 2005 197.

1.) Boat Cover. Just found one on Craigslist in Wisconsin.
2.) Barefoot suit. Just bought one from a guy here on TT.
3.) Replace Zero-Flex Tower Pads.
4.) Install depth finder that integrates into the info-center.
5.) Replace brake pads and flush fluid on trailer.
6.) Install second battery and perko switch.

frankster66
11-24-2012, 03:53 PM
My big goal is to figure out out to make that metallic decal on spark arrestor cover...[/QUOTE]

Mikeg205
I'm interested in that sticker also, let me know what you find.
Thanks