PDA

View Full Version : MC VS. BU console thoughts???

erkoehler
09-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Do you prefer the large gauges that are then broken down, or the individual gauges?

What do you think of the Malibu and the Mastercraft dash consoles??? Pros and Cons? No bashing, just thow out ideas on maybe what could be improved. Feel free to post more pics of other dashes.

The Bu dash is an 05 Response. The only MC dash I have is a 96 190.

erkoehler
09-06-2005, 11:32 PM
Another bu shot

erkoehler
09-06-2005, 11:32 PM
1996 Mc Ps 190

Ric
09-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is a nutty poll? What do you think the results will be erk?

erkoehler
09-06-2005, 11:45 PM
I think that the BU dash has some nice features too it. As does the MC.

I voted MC, but the BU dash is pretty sleak looking and isn't half bad. I know I like the back lighting more than what I have on my boat, but hopefully once it is all fixed that will change. I also like the LCD display right under the speedo.

I'll take it down if you want, but I think that both have there pros and cons and just wanted to hear some ideas on how MC can improve and what I might be able to add to my dash to freshen it up alittle.

bradamerry
09-06-2005, 11:55 PM
***???? I have heard enough about Malibus lately.......... :rant:

I'm going back in hiding...

Ric
09-06-2005, 11:57 PM
It's not that I want you to take it down, I just think it's silly , sorry :D

rodltg2
09-07-2005, 12:21 AM
brad i will send you a long summary about my new boat with pictures , comparisons and lots of details..

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

PendO
09-07-2005, 12:22 AM
I really like the correct craft dash, its either that one, the bluewater dash, or the bayliner dash ... still, nothing really beats the dash on an 06' Lund, does it?

Leroy
09-07-2005, 12:29 AM
I'm not sure why compare 10 year old dash to brand new competitor?

PendO
09-07-2005, 12:36 AM
stole this pic from Ryan on wakesiderides.com

PendO
09-07-2005, 12:37 AM
and this one too

PendO
09-07-2005, 12:40 AM
Last post, just thought that it was funny what was said, and what was not said (I know Bu' uses their guages too, but it struck me as funny):

September 1, 2005 PerfectPass officially announces its all new multi line Graphics Display Gauge. Effective immediately, all WakeboardPro and DigitalPro Systems will come standard with this exciting new Gauge and 6.5NG software. The larger LCD delivers more information, better visibility and more features than ever before.

The WakeboardPro with new Display is standard equipment on many of the world's premier towboats, including MasterCraft X - Star and Correct Craft Team Edition Boats. See the Product page for details.

So I guess Bu' doesn't make it standard, or its not a "premier towboat" ;)

erkoehler
09-07-2005, 11:49 AM
stole this pic from Ryan on wakesiderides.com

I like that blue colored gauge pod. What color do they light up at night?

bcampbe7
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I voted MC...

Eric, you need to clean your dash. Come on man!

ski36short
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't have an issue with the three big guages on a 'Bu and the PP/speedo integrated gauge is pretty cool (better than the big dumb gauge with only four buttons and one line of LCD on the SN). What I don't like is the height of the dashboard. In the Response LX and the Sportster (the only two I'm really familiar with), peering down the course/lake between the bottom of the windshield and the top of the dashboard is like looking out the little slits on an armored vehicle or something! The MC dash is plainly visible but totally unobtrusive. The best one in the biz methinks.

DanC
09-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Multifunction digital displays suck (the kind that only show one or two functions at a time). Anytime you want to check the water depth etc, you have to take a hand off the throttle and push buttons and cycle through the displays. :(

VinnyV
09-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Buddy of mine is ordering an '06 RLXi and is real stoked about the new dash on the bu's. Hopefully the picture will post.

east tx skier
09-07-2005, 03:17 PM
On the older boats, the speedos ought to be turned into drink holders unless you've retrofitted one of those speedo line blowers on your boat. Just give me perfect pass, a working fuel guage, temp, oil, and my clock and I'm good.

erkoehler
09-07-2005, 03:25 PM
I voted MC...

Eric, you need to clean your dash. Come on man!

Sorry about the dash! :mad: I had been working on the stereo install, and the boat is in the garage which is kind of dusty. I detailed the interior and it is nice and shiney now :D

Jim@BAWS
09-07-2005, 06:35 PM
C'mon compare apples to apples. You cannot compare a 1996 dash to a dash from 04-05. If you need a 5 inch SPEEDO in front of you to read
you do not need to be driving a boat...end of story

Jim@BAWS

BriEOD
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
***???? I have heard enough about Malibus lately.......... :rant:

I'm going back in hiding...
Amen brother who gives a $hit. If I want to look at another boat dash I'll go buy one.

bradamerry
09-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Amen brother who gives a $hit. If I want to look at another boat dash I'll go buy one.
I looked at an awesome dash last weekend... Bucky's 01' 190, SWEEEEEEEEET Boat, drove like a dream..... I want one so bad, I may be selling mine :eek:

H20skeefreek
09-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Erk, what's up man, just stirring the pot? If someone wants to look at 'bu's, more power to them they can go to www.malibuboats.com . We need to stop putting pic's of thier boats on here just to get a rise out of people, and that is the ONLY reason to do it. This site is hosted by MC, what is so fricken hard about keeping pictures of other boats off of the site? every day on the main page I see the Malibu name. Since I only read what's on the main page, how 'bout we stop filling it with their boats.

X2M
09-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Erk, what's up man, just stirring the pot? If someone wants to look at 'bu's, more power to them they can go to www.malibuboats.com . We need to stop putting pic's of thier boats on here just to get a rise out of people, and that is the ONLY reason to do it. This site is hosted by MC, what is so fricken hard about keeping pictures of other boats off of the site? every day on the main page I see the Malibu name. Since I only read what's on the main page, how 'bout we stop filling it with their boats.

Thank you H20skeefreek. I totally agree with you. If you want to behave like little kids with all this "lets push the envelope" stuff then go do it somewhere else. I am tired of it. I have learned from and enjoyed this site alot. But lately it seems as though some are trying to get there little digs in with MC.

André
09-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Seems like a fair question to me if the MC dash would have been the same year.
Is MC affraid to be compare to Malibu ? They claim to be better boat ( And i do beleive so) ,Erk is asking a fair question,which one do you like more ?
You're telling Erk to grow up ? He's 20 with a new Durango,a Mastercraft,full time job and studying.
What more can he do ?

Hoosier Bob
09-07-2005, 09:45 PM
I would choose the MasterCraft dash as it is actually from a not born of the 80's Tournament Ski Boat. The 80's gave us Bu's and Mullets! If you want your Subaru of Tourney boat features follow the lights and be off. The 60's gave us MC, CC and Purple Haze! Why ask about the Bu's dash? Did you see the heated seats and outside temperature reading? What about that funked up integrated fugly tower they have now? Look back my children and ask yourselves if you would trade your 1983 MC for a 1983 Bu, your 88' MC for an 88' Bu, your 93' MC for an 93' Bu, and 98' 03' and yes your 05'. :twocents: Oh yeah, if I have offended anyone, GOOD!

BriEOD
09-07-2005, 10:29 PM
:headbang: Eloquently put HB.

H20skeefreek
09-07-2005, 10:38 PM
never mind, i just wanted to have the damn malibu topic dropped, not feed the fire. Done.

MarkP
09-07-2005, 10:43 PM
You guys crack me up.. And I thought I was out of stuff to say!!:uglyhamme

Leroy
09-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Well put Master Bob! Now get well so you can ski again! We are out 6AM on Morse tomorrow.

I would choose the MasterCraft dash as it is actually from a not born of the Eighties Tournament Ski Boat. The 80's gave us Bu's and Mullets! If you want your Subaru of Tourney boat features follow the lights and be off. The 60's gave us MC, CC and Purple Haze! Why ask about the Bu's dash? Did you see the heated seats and outside temperature reading? What about that funked up integrated fugly tower they have now? Look back my children and ask yourselves if you would trade your 1983 MC for a 1983 Bu, your 88' MC for an 88' Bu, your 93' MC for an 93' Bu, and 98' 03' and yes your 05'. :twocents: Oh yeah, if I have offended anyone, GOOD!

X2M
09-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Seems like a fair question to me if the MC dash would have been the same year.
Is MC affraid to be compare to Malibu ? They claim to be better boat ( And i do beleive so) ,Erk is asking a fair question,which one do you like more ?
You're telling Erk to grow up ? He's 20 with a new Durango,a Mastercraft,full time job and studying.
What more can he do ?

No, my post was not directed completely at Erk. It was directed at some people on here. I read my post again and changed it a bit, sometimes the brain works faster than the fingers. :o Though the question may be fair, it is a silly one. :twocents:

Leroy
09-07-2005, 11:06 PM
I like Hoosier Bob's so much I'm tempted to buy a 90's PS190 for a second boat!

I looked at an awesome dash last weekend... Bucky's 01' 190, SWEEEEEEEEET Boat, drove like a dream..... I want one so bad, I may be selling mine :eek:

erkoehler
09-08-2005, 12:38 AM

No, I am not just "stirring the pot"! I was hoping that this thread would lead to people giving new ideas as to what was liked and disliked about the different dash consoles that are available in an effort to possibly improve the product that we see on the boats that we drive on a daily basis.

I have had the opportunity to drive and ski, foot, board, clean, wax, and take care of a Bu lately along with the MC and the bu is a 2005. That being said, I would still choose my 9 year old MC over the new BU. There are some thing I like about the BU over my MC, but after spending time on the BU, I have realized what a better product MC puts on the market and was trying to make an effort to improve upon an already great product.

Sorry I made the effort to improve something that can be such a focal point on our boats. I won't do it again.

Ric
09-08-2005, 01:01 AM
booooooo bump . booooooooooooooo! . :D
No, I am not just "stirring the pot"! I was hoping that this thread would lead to people giving new ideas as to what was liked and disliked about the different dash consoles that are available in an effort to possibly improve the product that we see on the boats that we drive on a daily basis.

I have had the opportunity to drive and ski, foot, board, clean, wax, and take care of a Bu lately along with the MC and the bu is a 2005. That being said, I would still choose my 9 year old MC over the new BU. There are some thing I like about the BU over my MC, but after spending time on the BU, I have realized what a better product MC puts on the market and was trying to make an effort to improve upon an already great product.

Sorry I made the effort to improve something that can be such a focal point on our boats. I won't do it again.

PendO
09-08-2005, 01:39 AM

Never, Never, Never again ... at least not until tomorrow ... Erk I liked the post ... and I don't mind a new Bu' pic. so long as it is clad with bikini wearing women ... ;)

Ric
09-08-2005, 02:25 AM
erkle, it's a silly poll
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

babbly boooooooooooooooo

chathamsolutions
09-08-2005, 08:03 PM

You guys are funny.

It's just a dash. Leave Erk alone already...

Footin
09-08-2005, 09:34 PM
Run Erkle Run !!!!!!

Ryan
09-08-2005, 09:34 PM
No reason to push the limits of what is approved - a given.
Erk, next time try something like - how would you change your dash an...3 inch gauges... etc... then leave the other stuff out.

I have some thoughts though:
I love the new switches but think they'd look better in a cluster rather than spread so far apart. Especially since Bayliner is using them too.
MFD's - lame unless you can see all info at once. Or get some buttons on the steering wheel to cycle through.
I like dedicated guages.

I think it would look cool like this:
Use an electronic key fob that floats all by itself.
Starter button from like that of a [edit] BMW 5 series - upscale touch
Switch panel like that from a Mini Cooper
Get some steering wheel controls - stereo, PP, and trim (for those big boats that have it).
And bring the stereo back out of the glove box for easier loading of disks.

I have a few design ideas on a little three inch hatch in the dash to insert an ipod. But it's time to start my commute home.

Hoosier Bob
09-08-2005, 09:37 PM
Probably just bad timing! I love to look at other boats and what people are producing these days. I do not come to this site to see them. I have owned other boats (manufacturers) in the past as well. Remember, if I am posting (Erk) I am usually havin' a few and mean nothing personal by my responses. Maybe next time we post a comparison we do it with a what would you change about your current MC. Right now there are a ton of very nice ski boats out there. MC in my opinion makes the best looking boats in the water. They also happen to be built pretty well also. My point is that we on this site seem to feel we can post about anything and that in itself is cool. Take some heat, take some glory and post away! This was and is a good post and I had fun with it.No, I am not just "stirring the pot"! I was hoping that this thread would lead to people giving new ideas as to what was liked and disliked about the different dash consoles that are available in an effort to possibly improve the product that we see on the boats that we drive on a daily basis.

LakeZoar32
04-23-2006, 06:27 PM
On the other side of MY dock is my sons malibu. My MC console is the best and easiest to drive behind. :steering:

roddydog
04-23-2006, 08:29 PM
On the older boats, the speedos ought to be turned into drink holders unless you've retrofitted one of those speedo line blowers on your boat. Just give me perfect pass, a working fuel guage, temp, oil, and my clock and I'm good.
What's a speedo line blower :confused:
I might need one 'cus 1 of my speedo's works then doesn't.

Bert
06-04-2006, 01:35 PM
You guys are funny.

It's just a dash. Leave Erk alone already...
so that's what a Malibu owner looks like, now I understand why they post on a MC site

east tx skier
06-05-2006, 11:45 AM
What's a speedo line blower :confused:
I might need one 'cus 1 of my speedo's works then doesn't.

Someone on here (Jimmer or Capt Kidd maybe???) made one. Some company made them for a while a long time ago. Basically a device that gently blows out the lines with compressed air.

JimN
06-05-2006, 12:13 PM
There's no big mystery about blowing the speedo lines out. Get a piece of the same line and an adaptor so it can be extended, them just blow through it. You'll know when it's clear or if it's blocked. Otherwise, go to a place that has a lot of compressor/air tools and buy an in-line regulator- it's less than $10 and has a dial on it. More of a limiter for air flow but it reduces the flow so nothing will be damaged. Also works great on other air tools that don't have any way to vary the speed.