PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing an Indmar 310 Predator 5.7L Vortec

aswinter05
10-21-2012, 05:11 PM
I had originally thought about taking my boat to the dealer for the winterization process. Last year when I owned a Sea Ray I/O, I winterized it myself with no problem and a bunch of DYI youtube videos.

I'm a bit nervous about winterizing my 209 this winter. I plan to own an inboard for MANY years to come so I figured I should learn the winterization process sooner rather than later. It would be nice to save a couple hundred bucks also.

I've read some threads and heard advice but the problem is that I don't know where all the parts are since I'm engine illiterate.

Anyone have advice for me? I need a DETAILED step by step process and I think I will do just fine.

Thanks for the help.

JimN
10-21-2012, 07:40 PM
I had originally thought about taking my boat to the dealer for the winterization process. Last year when I owned a Sea Ray I/O, I winterized it myself with no problem and a bunch of DYI youtube videos.

I'm a bit nervous about winterizing my 209 this winter. I plan to own an inboard for MANY years to come so I figured I should learn the winterization process sooner rather than later. It would be nice to save a couple hundred bucks also.

I've read some threads and heard advice but the problem is that I don't know where all the parts are since I'm engine illiterate.

Anyone have advice for me? I need a DETAILED step by step process and I think I will do just fine.

Thanks for the help.

I would bet that everything you need to know has already been posted here but I would also check YouTube- I know they have some MC-related videos.

epnault
10-22-2012, 11:22 AM
Send me your email address PM. I will send you my checklist for my X9.

aswinter05
10-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Send me your email address PM. I will send you my checklist for my X9.

PM Sent. Much appreciation to you, sir.

east tx skier
10-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Winterization Checklist (http://www.tylerskiclub.com/winterization.html)

Dewinterization Checklist (http://www.tylerskiclub.com/dewinterization.html)