PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Mastercraft X2- LOW HOURS EXCELLENT CONDITION- PORTLAND OREGON

tyler97217
10-13-2012, 09:05 PM
See link to onlyinboards listing..... http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=35413

2006 Mastercraft X2
Great colors (Platinum and Black)
Low hours - 231 Hrs
EXCELLENT CONDITION
3 hard tank ballast (KGB)
Cruise control
Swivel Board racks
Tandem Axle Swing tongue trailer
Dual batteries
Swivel Seat
Snap out carpet
Bimini Top
350 MCX

tdjaster
10-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Absolutely gorgeous boat!

periosurg
10-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Just sent you an email about your boat, interested in it!

tyler97217
10-19-2012, 11:28 AM
I got a few emails yesterday from Canada. Let me know if I responded to yours to make sure I got it. My email is tyler97217 at yahoo.com

periosurg
10-21-2012, 11:19 PM
What do you guys think about this boat? Reasonable deal?

Thanks for your responses!

Thrall
10-22-2012, 12:14 PM
I'd say it is if you're getting a fair amount of interest in the "off season."
BTW, nice color combo.
I really like how these X2's are retaining their value.

TxsRiverRat
10-22-2012, 12:18 PM
I love that captains chair

rgardjr1
10-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I really like how these X2's are retaining their value.

I second you on this one.

XtwentyNot
10-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Seen the local add on CL and forwarded to an interested party a few days ago. I bet it goes to Canada, very nice ride!

periosurg
10-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Are 06's truly worth $40K with 200+ hours, boat looks nice but the market is all over the place?

ttu
10-22-2012, 08:15 PM
yep! they are holding their values great:D:D

periosurg
10-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Would you move on this one? I like the looks of the 07> tower but love the colour combo? Is it a good buy?

ttu
10-22-2012, 08:33 PM
yes! the 07 towers look better but the 06 tower performs much better. less sway. that is a sweet looking x2.

tyler97217
10-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Keelan
Just sent you an email. If you are having second thoughts, let me know ASAP. I have passed up two buyers cause you have a deposit down. You are not going to be let down, but I don't want to risk losing qualified buyers. Drop me a line...

periosurg
10-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Sold!

jgraham37128
10-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Great boat and great deal. If anything it is a little on the cheap side seeing the condition of it.

JG

periosurg
10-22-2012, 09:09 PM
First MC cant wait to pick it up!

scott023
10-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Congrats. Very nice looking boat.

BrooksfamX2
10-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Congratulations!!

ttu
10-23-2012, 09:50 AM

congrats on a great looking purchase. make sure you post your own pictures after you pick the x2 up.

XtwentyNot
10-23-2012, 10:19 AM

Looks like its going to Canada!

periosurg
10-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Yep, will be on its way up north to the Okanagan, very excited. I'll definitely post some pics when she gets home. Just sad that I wouldn't be able to use her for 6 months :). Is there anything you all would recommend as must have options. The boat has cruise (which I assume is the same a perfect pass), Stock stereo (would like to add some tower speakers with lights) can you find them easily used?

I look forward to becoming part of the MC community!

Cheers

scott023
10-23-2012, 12:31 PM
Yep, will be on its way up north to the Okanagan, very excited. I'll definitely post some pics when she gets home. Just sad that I wouldn't be able to use her for 6 months :). Is there anything you all would recommend as must have options. The boat has cruise (which I assume is the same a perfect pass), Stock stereo (would like to add some tower speakers with lights) can you find them easily used?

Cheers

They pop up on here once and awhile. Just need to keep your eyes peeled.

Thrall
10-23-2012, 01:06 PM

Cheers

Congrats on the boat. You'll love it!
MC Cruise is not the same as PP, but it works just fine. Mine has PP, buddy's boat has cruise. I can't tell the difference from the end of the rope. Aside from PP having programmable speed options, the only other real difference for recreational riders I see is the Cruise will overshoot the speed more before locking in if you just giver the beans and let the cruise tak over. Once you know the rpm range that the boat will be running at, if you get the throttle/ rpms closer to that postion once the rider is up, it will not overshoot the speed by much at all.
Stereo wise, if it's just 4 speakers off the head unit, a sub and some decent amps wil be a big upgrade. Note, the JL speakers really like 150W+ each to get full use out of them.
Tower speakers, I already had 2 MC speakers so I added 2 more becasue I stumbled across a great deal on them. They are very good quality, but do your research on aftermarket speakers too. If you're not concerned with the OEM look, you can get good HLCD speakers for about the same price as most want for used MC/JL tower speakers.
Other upgrades I feel are necessary (or very nice to have), heater, hot water shower (since you're up north, we use the heater most of the year). If not done already, clean up the battery/wiring to the batteries with some distribution blocks and possibly a charging relay to automatically charge both batteries when the boat is running. I added and on board charger/maintainer too. It will really help with battery life if you start adding a bunch of stereo equip.
Oh and go thru the trailer this winter. Take the brakes apart and anti seize the caliper slides and bolts. They have a habit of freezing up (corrosion) and then hanging up. If the oil bath hub caps are still the original all plastic ones, get the alumium ones when you change out the hub oil before one of them cracks and leaks. The fornt V bunk on the trailer does not fit the contour of the hull perfectly and wears out the carpet prematurely, leaving the hull riding on the plastic bunk. You'll see what I mean when you get the boat. Take those V bunks off and grind the srea down where it's rubbing and re-carpet them. Will keep from scuffing up the hull there.

onewheat
10-23-2012, 04:50 PM
The boat has cruise (which I assume is the same a perfect pass), Stock stereo (would like to add some tower speakers with lights) can you find them easily used?

Cheers

Just my $0.02, but the lights in the cans are largely useless. If you find a good deal, don't pass them up (they do look cool) but they are 1/2 blocked the bimini if it is attached and the glare that comes off them makes them more annoying than not. I have them on my X-15 because they came on it, but I would never pay $$ to get them again. I would have traded my lighted ones for credit towards non-lighted ones.

Other than that - great looking boat - sure you're going to love it!

tr6coug
10-23-2012, 05:07 PM
^^^ Absolutely correct.

periosurg
10-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the responses, lots of work to do over the winter. Interesting about the lighted cans? Would you buy the OEM cans or aftermarket?

onewheat
10-24-2012, 12:13 AM
I love the stockers for looks and sound, but I have ZERO experience with aftermarket speakers. I have a LOT of friends with MC boats and they all have OEM speakers. You may get something that sounds better in the aftermarket, or maybe cheaper, but even from what I have seen on here, I like the looks of OEM better.

rgardjr1
10-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the responses, lots of work to do over the winter. Interesting about the lighted cans? Would you buy the OEM cans or aftermarket?

Just remember that the cans for the 2005 & 2006 towers are different than the ones for 2007 and up. The cans you want bolt directly to the tower. The 2007 and up towers have stand offs welded to the tower and have a cone piece that mounts to the stand off. The cans for your boat will have a groove that runs across the top of the enclosure. Here is a picture of what mine looked liked:
http://greenacresgypsum.com/mc03.jpg
The 2007 and up have a round inverted cone to fit them above mentioned cone piece.

periosurg
11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Boat is back up for sale. We had finance problems at the last minute. Tyler is great to deal with and the boat checked out perfectly in every way. I think it is a beautiful boat and priced very fairly. I hope it goes to a good owner.

tyler97217
11-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Yes the boat is back for sale. It is now winterized and had the oil change. It has also had a pre-purchase inspection from a dealer that I am able to share that was all done for periosurg. I purchased a new sunbrella cover and also have exile tower speakers, sub and amp that was purchased for periosurg that we can negotiate into a deal....