PDA

View Full Version : Brake ligsmkeep popping out

Rossterman
10-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Had a burned out tail light so replaced both with 6" oval led lights. Everything looks the same but seemed somewhat loose when installing. Tried old and new gasket and was the same. When pulling trailer out of the water, they pop out. Likely from the rush of water inside the trailer frame rails. Any tricks to install other than siliconing them in?

Thanks
Ross

Skipper
10-12-2012, 04:54 PM
When I first bought my boat the previous owner had the lights held in place with zip ties. I figured that for such an expensive and well loved company there must be a better way...I was right. Closely examine those rubber gaskets and you will see that there are small nubs that must lock on the inisde of the frame. When the light assemblies go into the gasket be certain to seat them properly and not pop the nubs out of place. They will fit tightly and hold your light assemblies without silicone, zip ties, or eight inch u-bolts.

Rossterman
10-12-2012, 09:45 PM
There doesn't seem to be anything but some ribs to hold them in.only stick up ~ 1/8" so not much to overcome...

mikeg205
10-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Time for new lights...or at least new rubber grommets if you can buy separately......good excuse to add back up lights...