PDA

View Full Version : MC Trailer Paint Codes

Grover777
10-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi:

Im going to be rehabbing my trailer very soon. It is for my 2001 209. The trailer is white now, but I would like to change it to the blue thats on the hull.

I have eyeballed a close match, but am wondering if there is a color chart for the trailers?

See below for color blue I am looking for: (old pic of boat, trailer doesnt look that good anymore).

east tx skier
10-12-2012, 12:17 PM
That white is a very close match for whatever Rustoleum or Krylon calls white. Just saying. :)

Okay. That wasn't helpful. But it will bump your post.

Stritt
10-12-2012, 03:02 PM
We had a new trailer built by Boatmate, they matched the green stripe for the trailer. At first they wanted me to take it to a DuPont paint shop where they have a camera that will match......Not my area of knowledge but may want to check it out.

O2BESOHUGE
10-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Id Do It Black And That Would Make The Boat Stand Out That Much More...just My Opionion!!

bobx1
10-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Id Do It Black And That Would Make The Boat Stand Out That Much More...just My Opionion!!

And a red trailer would look good as well - just my opinion.

east tx skier
10-12-2012, 03:25 PM
As long as we're tossing out opinions, I think white looks great.

setidball
10-13-2012, 02:47 AM
E-mail MC on the "contact us" page. they were able to tell me the color code for my 1995 trailer.

Grover777
10-14-2012, 07:26 PM
I think ETS likes white!

I think the gelcoat color I want a paint match to is Blue Swirl. I left MC an email asking if there is a cooresponding paint code for it.

Anyone have a 2001 brochure out there showing trailer color options?

Gracias!

h2oskifreak
03-25-2013, 09:10 PM
I want to touch up my 94 190 trailer and need a code. I called Vanore (MC) and left a trailer ID SN on the parts guy's VM and no return call. Did the "Contact Us" here with full info and not a peep. Can anybody suggest help (actual color of white), or should I just call again?

Footin
03-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Benjiman Moore spray can of "linen" is a very close match.

Tristarboarder
03-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Where ever you happen to reside, go find an auto body paint and equipment supply store. Your local body shops get all their products there. Go in, and see if they can match your paint. Most will have a "paint color" scanner that works really well in finding the proper mix for your color. They will go outside and put the device right onto your boat. Then, just find out what type of paint for the trailer, and away you go. They can even (at least where I live) make you rattle cans of the exact paint and color you want. Or, you can (if confident) buy a VLP gun and spray it yourself, or even find a local paint joint that has a proper spray booth. Cheers!

(Its ALL easy!)