PDA

View Full Version : Fulton F2 or other options?

Cary K.
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
I need to replace my trailer jack, again. 2001 XStar with about 400lbs of lead stored in nose. I bought the 1500lb Overton's brand last time, and have been through at least 3 of the older factory ones from MasterCraft. I want something that is going to last for at least a few years under the load that is on it.

Is the F2 my best option, or is there something you guys are finding is working / holding up better. I did some searches, but did not find much on the longevity of the jacks, just some great install posts. The F2 is only rated 100lbs more than the jack I have now.

russlars
10-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I replaced my trailer jack with a Shelby brand jack simply due to the fact that it was a direct change out with the existing mount on my DHM trailer. They make many different styles and lifting weights. The original one lasted 12 years and was still functional but was getting pretty beat up looking and squeaked pretty bad.

bturner2
10-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Mine has been good but there are others that have had issues. A lot will depend on how you use it. I would tend to believe that all the jacks are made just for that purpose, to jack up the tongue of the trailer. If you need to frequently maneuver the boat around a trailer dolly might be a better option. Anything that has to swing into position is going to have problems with torsional stress. Throwing 400lbs vertical and another 200lbs horizontal at a rotating pivot point located 3 feet from the ground is not going to last long. At least if it's afordable for the average boater.

I found a $60 example of a trailer dolly here.....

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/UST-600-pound-capacity-Trailer-Dolly/4186047/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&kw={keyword}&adtype=pla

thatsmrmastercraft
10-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Trailer jacks will last a lot longer if they are lowered as far as possible. They steer better too.

CantRepeat
10-09-2012, 07:32 PM
If I had a lathe I would turn out my own wheels for my F2.