PDA

View Full Version : Romney the Boater - impact on perception?

Ryan
10-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Romney rocked the first debate tonight, in my humble opinion. And something popped to mind that I thought some of you would be interested in. While his policies, capability and debate performance are surely more important than Romney's ability to waterski, I'm curious to see if learning he's a boater and inboard owner impacts your perception of him as a presidential candidate.

Regardless of your political views, somehow Romney's boating values take some sting out of the wincing I've done here and there through the campaign. Romney is cited for owning a Malibu (guessing LSV 23? G3 tower for sure), Searay, Seadoos etc that he keeps at his summer home on Lake Winnipesaukee NH.

For those that missed it back in May: “I don’t think I’ll play the President a round of golf,” Gov. Romney said, “but I will take him to a waterski course.”

GT500 MC
10-04-2012, 12:40 AM
How about "Lowers my impression of him---it's a 'Bu, not a MC". jk It is cool he's into watersports, all his grandkids are wearing lifevests, but no more pics of him riding around on the back of a jetski w/his wife driving. :o

mzimme
10-04-2012, 12:48 AM
At least he's holding on like a real man and isn't wrapping his arms around his woman like a scared little girl. Obama would hold around the waste, and wouldn't look people in the eye when they talked to him.

Romney already has my vote, but this adds bonus points.

CantRepeat
10-04-2012, 01:01 AM
I don't see him in an MC!!!

CantRepeat
10-04-2012, 01:02 AM
At least he's holding on like a real man and isn't wrapping his arms around his woman like a scared little girl.

LOL, he's not wrapping his arms around a women when he has a great chance to cop a boob... your argument is bad!!!

Double D
10-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Boat or not, Malibu or not. He still has my vote because we need to extract the existing idiot out of office.

scott023
10-04-2012, 09:53 AM
LOL, he's not wrapping his arms around a women when he has a great chance to cop a boob... your argument is bad!!!

Offside. :uglyhamme

mzimme
10-04-2012, 09:54 AM

Pshhh... if that's what you need to do to cop a feel, you're doing it wrong. 8p

GT500 MC
10-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm sick of following this election and not only trying to decide who is best for this country/my family/me, but just trying to determine who is actually telling the truth. I'm to the point of "he who lies the least wins".....sad....however, I do know apathy gets you nowhere.

Kyle
10-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm sick of following this election and not only trying to decide who is best for this country/my family/me, but just trying to determine who is actually telling the truth. I'm to the point of "he who lies the least wins".....sad....however, I do know apathy gets you nowhere.

So the first Obama campaign we listened to his lies, then over the last 4 years we have been forced to live his lies, and last night he lied some more. Nobody can lie as much as that sorry bastard.

Remember you didn't build your self employment business......HE DID

The sorry SOB needs to get out of the White House and stay out.

GT500 MC
10-04-2012, 12:00 PM
So the first Obama campaign we listened to his lies, then over the last 4 years we have been forced to live his lies, and last night he lied some more. Nobody can lie as much as that sorry bastard.

Remember you didn't build your self employment business......HE DID

The sorry SOB needs to get out of the White House and stay out.

Can't disagree w/any of that. I just hate going w/Romney simply because he's the lesser of two evils. Maybe I'll go Ron Paul.

mzimme
10-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Can't disagree w/any of that. I just hate going w/Romney simply because he's the lesser of two evils. Maybe I'll go Ron Paul.

Are you in a swing state... vote Mitt! :D

jhall0711
10-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Found these videos. In the first one I cant tell... Is he footin' in the brief shot of him or just on a slalom? It is quick and I cant tell for sure?

I must personally admit I think it is cool that he skis, but he had my vote anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLFMn35Ee6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zihBMZXvs4I

Love the fact a guy with a net worth of $250 mill. is slaloming behind a bass boat....

GT500 MC
10-04-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm not at all into politics but I have 3 kids (13, 10, and 9-years) and I wanted them to see what all goes into an election and how we decide our President, etc. So I had them watch the debate last night and all I found myself doing was explaining the discrepancies in each of the candidate's stories. Very disheartening. And kids get it. Most of their questions are very slanted to how it pertains to our family, but they get it.
I think we need to have a panel of kids ask the questions for the debate, not a moderator (no offense Jim Lehrer). The kids would ask the tough questions that really pertain to the general consensus. There, my mini-rant is over.

GT500 MC
10-04-2012, 12:17 PM
Sorry, posted in wrong thread.

LYNRDSKYNRD
10-04-2012, 12:29 PM
All good GT I can see your point. In my opinion Romney is a straight up good guy, I am so glad that he even stepped into the cess pool to try and fix this mess. The more I learn about hgim the more I like him can't say the same for Obama. I honestly think Romney is the guy the country needs right now, not the lesser of two evils, but that's just my opinion. There is no comparing Romney's record in business and politics to Obama's he blows the Prez away just like he did in the debate last night. Vote the man not the rhetoric.

scott023
10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I cant believe a guy with that kind of money is flying coach...

aquaman
10-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Romney has my vote. Anyone still waterskiing at his age rocks. :)

*Not to mention he's an American, believes in God, can prove he attended college, and has held a job + paid taxes.

The Poser in the White House should be indicted for fraud.

LYNRDSKYNRD
10-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Anybody heard this story?

Mitt Romney stopped at a V.A. hospital in Boston while on the campaign trail running against Ted Kennedy. Ted Kennedy had made a thirty minute stop at the same location a couple of weeks prior.
After touring the V.A. hospital, Mitt asked to look at their books. After he spent forty minutes going through their books, he told them, “You run a very good place, very tight. Very good.” Romney asked to go on another tour of the hospital, and after spending an hour and forty minutes there, the last question he asked was, “So what… what do you what are you lacking? What do you need help with?”
The response? “Milk.”
Since the press was around, snapping photos and asking questions, Romney did a really awkward joke where he said, “maybe we should teach everyone here how to milk a cow.”
Of course, that’s all the press cared to hear and ran with a story that claims “Mitt Romney says veterans should have to milks cows.”
Romney calls the administrator up the next morning.
Romney first apologizes to the man who runs the hospital for any problems the attention from the press jumping on his words brought to the hospital. He next offers to help with the milks situation.
Friday comes, and the milkman comes, the vets needed 7,000 pints of milk a week. Milkman shows up, with 7,000 pints. The head of the V.A. hospital asks, “Where did all this come from?” The milkman said “an anonymous donor.” Now, the guy didn’t put it together.”
The next week rolled around, the milkman shows up again, and continued to show up every week for two years. After two years of delivering 7,000 pints of milk a week to the hospital, as the milkman is retiring, the administartor finally gets him to reveal the anonymous donor.
It’s Mitt Romney.
“Mitt Romney was writing a personal check and didn’t want anybody to know for two years and provided the vets with all of their milk in Boston,”
When Romney became governor, he sent a bill through to help the V.A. hospital – it was down to the dollar. The administrator of the hospital says this about Romney “if you want a mechanic on the economy? It’s this guy. He [Mitt Romney] went and he looked at the books first. He wanted to see what we were doing and how effective we were. He said then, beyond that, the milk. He did that and he didn’t want anything.....he didn’t want anyone to know.”
No one is telling America these stories

He wrote a personal check for the milk for two years.

I like that he ski's too:D

captain planet
10-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Found these videos. In the first one I cant tell... Is he footin' in the brief shot of him or just on a slalom? It is quick and I cant tell for sure?

I must personally admit I think it is cool that he skis, but he had my vote anyway.

Love the fact a guy with a net worth of $250 mill. is slaloming behind a bass boat....

So I guess I'm the snob, but I think it shows he is an idiot. Why ski behind anything but an inboard? I sure as heck don't and won't and I'm a nobody.

GT500 MC
10-04-2012, 02:39 PM
And why does he have a rope in his hand in that fifth pic? Leaving the harbor at dusk with that fake smile as he hugs Ann. Looks a bit suspicious to me....

ski_king
10-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Looks to me like he was out there in his oversized boat being followed by his secret service friends, most likley messing up the last bit of glass for some skier or wakeboarder.

Thrall
10-04-2012, 02:54 PM
I was gonna vote "no doesn't matter" until I saw that he has enough sense to not wear his shoes in the boat!
Bet ole Barrack doesn't know that rule, prolly can't even swim!:rolleyes:

shepherd
10-04-2012, 02:55 PM
So I guess I'm the snob, but I think it shows he is an idiot. Why ski behind anything but an inboard? I sure as heck don't and won't and I'm a nobody.

Maybe because he's not a snob? :rolleyes:

jhall0711
10-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I was gonna vote "no doesn't matter" until I saw that he has enough sense to not wear his shoes in the boat!

Solid reasoning.

aquaman
10-04-2012, 03:22 PM

The quality of the Boat does not determine the Skill of the skier. :rolleyes:

Ryan
10-04-2012, 03:25 PM
I cant believe a guy with that kind of money is flying coach...

Why? He turns the water heater off at their lake home before they leave because it's wasteful. Maybe he doesn't fly coach, but his somewhat frugal nature maked me think he would.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-04-2012, 04:48 PM

:purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh

Ryan
10-04-2012, 05:32 PM

I prefer to ski behind my '93. But I'm no respecter of boats when it comes to skiing with friends. Seeing Romney rides an HO with double boots vs a ski from a combo set is more impressive to me than what boat he's skiing behind.:D

Skipper
10-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Seriously, there are people here that are going to vote for that guy again? That just proves my argument that our nation is going to be stuck like chuck for another four years of Obamacarelessnes!

scott023
10-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Why? He turns the water heater off at their lake home before they leave because it's wasteful. Maybe he doesn't fly coach, but his somewhat frugal nature maked me think he would.

You missed my joke there Ryan.

I was refering to the fact that when you ride MC, you're flying first class. Therefore, riding behind a BU is flying coach.

Ryan
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
You missed my joke there Ryan.

I was refering to the fact that when you ride MC, you're flying first class. Therefore, riding behind a BU is flying coach.

Got it. I should stop posting from my phone...'maked'? What auto correct is not always my friend.

Ryan
10-05-2012, 12:07 AM

Nice find! Looks like this is at least his second Bu. In that first clip he's riding in the bow of a towerless '99-01 Malibu SLXi or VLX.

He skis with two hands in turns - fine with me, I'll be satisfied to get cuts like this when I'm 62, the age he was when this was filmed in '09.

SkiDog
10-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I can't believe that we got 5 people on this board that will vote for NoBama! i hope its all the Canadians on here! Scott, was one of them you?!:D:D:D

thatsmrmastercraft
10-05-2012, 06:34 PM
I can't believe that we got 5 people on this board that will vote for NoBama! i hope its all the Canadians on here! Scott, was one of them you?!:D:D:D

:purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh

DemolitionMan
10-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Obama got them a new MC.:D

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
10-05-2012, 11:54 PM
Obama got them a new MC.:D

:confused: Minority Got Obama Boat:confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N680dYVPKqU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr201FqTP4w&feature=related

DemolitionMan
10-06-2012, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=j.mccreight@hotmail.com;882673]:confused: Minority Got Obama Boat:confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr201FqTP4w&feature=related[/QUO

The TT members who said they will vote for Obama in the poll.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
10-06-2012, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE=j.mccreight@hotmail.com;882673]:confused: Minority Got Obama Boat:confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr201FqTP4w&feature=related[/QUO

The TT members who said they will vote for Obama in the poll.

I understood the quip:)