PDA

View Full Version : Stars and stripes wakeboarding?

sanddragon2004
09-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Ne body on here with a stars and stripes boat used for wakeboarding?

We are putting a boss swoop on our 79 this winter, I have searched high and low and hardly see any old mastercrafts out their wtih towers on them? I think these boats rock, Ours has around 1500 hours on it and it runs great, the hull is in great condition and is a dry boat. Why do we not see more older mastercrafts out on the water wakeboarding?

dog paw
09-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Us old farts with the S+S's for the most part are slalom freaks :dance: Someone had told me that the area where they mount were not strong enough for towers. I dunno I'm sure there are some out there.

Liquidfire
09-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Before I put my 85 S&S up for sale I was in the market for a tower. numerous tower companies mentioned that they would have to " bulk up" the fiberglass before installing. So, it can be done.

I agree..you dont see many S&S with towers.

Good luck and post pics when you get it.

-Liquid

Zach S
09-08-2005, 02:05 PM
We have our S&S out wakeboarding 3 or 4 days a week. We went the extended pylon route. It works great.

sanddragon2004
09-08-2005, 06:34 PM
if a 28 year old is an old fart then 8p LOL

we wakeboard 2-3 times a week. and the boat was givin to us. I owe 0 on it, so to go and spend 20-40k on a boat that i owe 0 dollars on doesnt make much sense to me. plus this has been in the family sense new so it has sentimental value to the wife. she/myself included would rather buy a 50' houseboat for 50-80k that we could spend every weekend on then a new wakeboard boat right now. will eventually replace but it runs good, puts out a great wake with fat sac, 2 side sacs and again NO PAYMENT!

i could spend alot of money on tower and stereo and still not even be close to cost of a new boat.

SKI*MC
09-08-2005, 07:38 PM
I wakeboard with my S&S, i have it weighted to where i like, and it makes a decent wake, im going wioth a fatsac this winter, but my boat makes suck an awsome wake. As for the tower deal, i dont want to be a fart myself, but going with a tower isnt the smartest idea with an older boat like that. They just simply were not contructed for that. All the new boats are... i went with a highpole, and i love it, sure a tower looks awesome, but it could cause some serious damge to the side, and even the stringers.