PDA

View Full Version : Help finding an older thread

HRC
10-01-2012, 06:55 PM
A few months ago I found a thread with pics of someone re doing the upholstery on either a Prostar 205v or X-Star. I can't find it anywhere now. I'm wanting to take the bow pads out of my 205v but can't figure out what I need to do and that thread if I remember right had some pretty good info on it.

mikeg205
10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Are you talking about the vertical pads against the gunnels or the pads infront of the helm and observer seat?

Those are usually held on by these ...you should be able to gently pull on the top of the pad to see if there are there - unless you have access to see what's there.

HRC
10-01-2012, 09:12 PM
I have 3 in the bow, not including the seats. The 1 in the very front, and 1 on each side that is both a seat back and side pad.

mikeg205
10-01-2012, 09:21 PM
I have the same set up on my 205... min are connected with the pic I showed. They are usually reusable if not to old or ripped out too hard. If you can reach thru your under cushion storage you might be able to confirm how the cushion is attached.

HRC
10-01-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks.

JimN
10-01-2012, 09:47 PM
A few months ago I found a thread with pics of someone re doing the upholstery on either a Prostar 205v or X-Star. I can't find it anywhere now. I'm wanting to take the bow pads out of my 205v but can't figure out what I need to do and that thread if I remember right had some pretty good info on it.

What year? They used different methods in different years. Also, the plastic pieces that may be holding yours in place would have ribs along the whole length with a shoulder about 3/8" from the end that goes into the backing for the backrest.

If it's a '99, it's glued on and it's a royal PITA to deal with. The president of MC at the time came from the car industry and was, to put it nicely, a tool. He lasted about a year and that was a year too long, as far as I'm concerned.

mikeg205
10-01-2012, 09:55 PM
What year? They used different methods in different years. Also, the plastic pieces that may be holding yours in place would have ribs along the whole length with a shoulder about 3/8" from the end that goes into the backing for the backrest.

If it's a '99, it's glued on and it's a royal PITA to deal with. The president of MC at the time came from the car industry and was, to put it nicely, a tool. He lasted about a year and that was a year too long, as far as I'm concerned.

Wow glue, that would really be a PITA for a repair...wow... kinda funny...wonder what he's up to now...?