PDA

View Full Version : Ballast set up for x-1

Rossterman
09-30-2012, 10:15 PM
I have a 2001 205v that I am upgrading to automated ballast this winter. Understand how the 2002 reversible pump system works and went to order the distribution block last week that is used to feed the pumps from the single through hull fitting. Dealer said the distribution block is no longer available (p/n 300207).

Was wondering what design is used in the latest versions (x-2 or x-1) as was thinking they may have those parts still in stock. So, wanted to know how the inlets are plumbed on a2009/2010? Pics would be great if using something then the distribution block design.

Thanks
Ross

JRW160
10-01-2012, 10:53 AM
The distribution manifold for my 2003 x-2 is a terrible setup. It does not provide enough flow for all three pumps to be run at once. I added two more thru hulls so that each pump has its own water source. It really cut down my fill times.

I think the newer boats may have a better manifold design.

jab
10-01-2012, 11:29 AM
here is the basic setup for a 2006

swatguy
10-02-2012, 02:31 AM
My opinion for optimal fill times is single thru hull for each pump. Almost all other mfg have gone to this and called it a high flow system or speed system to give it a flashy name. If you can dril 1 2 more will be cake. There is plenty of room on the 205v to dedicate 3 thru hulls. Just my opinion.

The manifolds on most of the older boats all get ripped out when someone upgrades their ballast. It you really want a manifold fabricate one from PVC. I have seen some great ones, but honestly I think a single with any type of manifold takes up as much space if not more that 3 single they hulls