PDA

View Full Version : New CC gun

DooSPX
09-30-2012, 01:13 PM
My new carry weapon. Kahr CM40 .40 cal with Win Ranger T's or Fed HST 180gr rounds. Nice pocket carry thunder :D:cool:

Should replace my .380 for 95% EDC.

LYNRDSKYNRD
09-30-2012, 02:04 PM
Very nice Kahr makes excellent firearms!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

DooSPX
09-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Yes they do! I was between the S&W Shield 40 and the Springfield XD Subcompact 40, and this one felt the best and was the smallest out of all of them. the XD was very nice, but big and top heavy, the shield was very nice, but I wanted the smallest, and this fits the bill. I carry everyday, so I need the smallest weapon.

Skipper
09-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Whoah there son, you cannot talk about guns on this forum. You will be labeled as a physcopath! You definately cannot carry a concealed weapon. Guns are only for the police. Have you gone mad?

DooSPX
09-30-2012, 06:30 PM
You're right Skipper, but I'm waiting on Obama's army of terrorist to come try to take them from me.... OH WAIT!!! We can't say that! OH NO!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

milkmania
09-30-2012, 07:14 PM
My new carry weapon. Kahr CM40 .40 cal with Hornady Critical Defense 165 rounds. Nice pocket carry thunder :D:cool:

Should replace my .380 and .38 nicely.

pic below is identical to my CC
XD40, I love it!
but, it is pretty heavy:(
my particular holster carries an extra mag, making it even heavier

(internet pic)

2RLAKE
09-30-2012, 08:42 PM
i carry small ... Kimber 45!

rholmes
09-30-2012, 09:48 PM
www.kahrtalk.com

OHIOPRO205
09-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Wife carries the SW Shield. Loves it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stuartmcnair
10-01-2012, 11:34 AM
that's cute...I'm more of an "all-in" kind of guy with a .45 XD-m

BrooksfamX2
10-01-2012, 12:00 PM
I have the XD-M 9mm and a TCP 380 for my CC's. Dont carry the XD-M much as it is a little big and heavy. Carry it in the RV though........

milkmania
10-01-2012, 12:22 PM
that's cute...I'm more of an "all-in" kind of guy with a .45 XD-m
heck yeah!!!!http://therideinstyle.com/high5.gif

clrussell
10-01-2012, 01:04 PM

X2 here! Ultra raptor 2 stainless.. 45 all the way

Sent from the pay phone down the street via tapatalk

2RLAKE
10-01-2012, 03:26 PM
X2 here! Ultra raptor 2 stainless.. 45 all the way

got to love Kimbers! I like to refer to them as the MC of 45s! Mine is a Tactical Ultra II ... powered by Hornady Critical Defense

here she is ...

TxsRiverRat
10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
I do not carry. I own but do not see the need to carry and I don’t get myself in situations or places where I’d need it. One day I had a very angry tailgater behind me… I pointed my index finger up in the air like it was a gun, and I made the motions with the other hand like I put in a new clip, then cocked the gun… they guy slams on his brakes and got off the freeway. I guess that plus the 6” drop hitch, the hunting sticker, the mud boots between the window and the bed and the redneck CB antenna made him think I was really carrying….. :)

GT500 MC
10-01-2012, 04:17 PM
You forgot the gun-rack in your back-window....and your other arm around your woman on the bench-seat beside you.....

aquaman
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
A drop Hitch is more Effective than a firearm for Tailgaters.

Second best would be the bumper sticker "i brake to re-load" . :)

TxsRiverRat
10-01-2012, 04:36 PM
A drop Hitch is more Effective than a firearm for Tailgaters.

Second best would be the bumper sticker "i stop to re-load" . :)

More effective? I wash my windows for a LONG LONG LONG time!

:D

clrussell
10-01-2012, 05:58 PM
I love my Kimber.. 2 things I WILL NEVER sell are my Kimber and my 71 chevy...

Btw what holster was that with your Kimber?? I'm looking for a good iwb holster, I have the versa carry but always keeping options open

2RLAKE
10-01-2012, 06:17 PM
the best i've seen are Milt Sparks holsters ... but the wait list is long .. up to 6 months

I found this from a guy near Cincinnati ... molded for each gun ... very nice

http://www.stonerholsters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_38&products_id=117

clrussell
10-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I'll check it out thanks! I've got a super nice owb holster my inlaws got me, but being the smaller frame I am owb doesn't work so great for me, I like fitting shirts otherwise owb would be ideal

fstaslp
10-01-2012, 06:24 PM
my carry is just a little guy:

http://cjsportinggoods.com/images/mp9c.jpg

(stock photo)

clrussell
10-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks I'll check em out.. With a 6 month wait it could be like a surprise to myself because I would forget I ordered it by then!

clrussell
10-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Is that a bodyguard?

fstaslp
10-01-2012, 06:33 PM
M&P 9c

Latin Flyer
10-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Sig Sauer p228 357 sig

clrussell
10-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Sweet choice! Latin flyer, sigs are amazing guns! I had a p238 in a 380, was the equinox edition.. Far as I know was the only 380 semi with a slide lock, safety, and hammer.. All big factors in me buying it.. It shot amazing for how small it was! And concealability was super easy, just drop it in the pocket! It had to go though when the boat needed a new prop.. Guns; Like little savings accounts you can play with!

2RLAKE
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
M&P 9c

i have one of those too ... love shooting it. My wife carries a Sig Sauer P239 SAS with the short release trigger ... that thing shoots awesome!

Cmpdman
10-01-2012, 11:48 PM

Ditto...

Jason.H.
10-02-2012, 04:05 PM
FN Herstal P-40 here, with night sights

LYNRDSKYNRD
10-02-2012, 04:33 PM
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/zcrebel1/IMAG0213.jpg
Carried daily, not concealed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

lukedeuce
10-02-2012, 04:48 PM
I conceal carry the kahr cm9. Love it. Although the first day I took it out to the range there was a major malfunction and it had to be sent in to be fixed. They ended up sending me a brand new gun and my gun shop gave me plenty of ammo for that gun and for the ar15 for my inconvenience.

DooSPX
10-02-2012, 05:41 PM
What was the malfunction? Was it the follower? I heard that they sometimes break.

DJ 50
10-03-2012, 02:14 AM
I do not carry. I own but do not see the need to carry and I don’t get myself in situations or places where I’d need it.

I'm sorry I tried to let the remark go because in no way shapen or form am I trying to start a CCW debate. I'm really not for or against it. However, please tell me these places you go where you are always safe from violence.

nascar
10-03-2012, 04:48 AM
my CC is an M&P40c or my Glock 27 and my wife's is a Sig p238 or her Glock 26

lukedeuce
10-08-2012, 11:04 PM
What was the malfunction? Was it the follower? I heard that they sometimes break.

the recoil assembly bent after a few bullets were cycled thru and ended up bending the barrel when the slide came back and then pushed the slide back down and sideways. wasn't very happy when it happened as i just bought the gun that day. but they took care of me while it was back at the factory

DooSPX
10-12-2012, 09:44 PM
My new EDC system.
My trusty Kel-Tec P3AT .380 and my new CM40. I am looking for a IWB holster right now. I also have Winchester Ranger T 180gr on order for the Kahr.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b80/DooSPX/PA126171.jpg

DemolitionMan
10-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Very nice set up Doo!

DooSPX
10-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks Demo... It works for most EDC.

mzimme
10-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm late to the party. Love that gun.... whatd it run if you dont mind?

DooSPX
10-13-2012, 01:12 AM
The Kahr CM40? The MSRP is $517 but I got it from a gun shop for $450 out the door.

mzimme
10-13-2012, 01:22 AM
The Kahr CM40? The MSRP is $517 but I got it from a gun shop for $450 out the door.

Nice! I need a legit CCW firearm. I need to go shoot one of those.

DooSPX
10-13-2012, 02:38 PM
kahr IMO has the best DAO trigger. Its smooth and has a clean break.

milkmania
10-13-2012, 05:49 PM
My new EDC system.
My trusty Kel-Tec P3AT .380 and my new CM40. I am looking for a IWB holster right now. I also have Winchester Ranger T 180gr on order for the Kahr.

love my Cordura Nylon Uncle Mike's IWB with room for spare clip... but I carry SOB with a suit jacket most times.

similar to this, but mine's got a cordura nylon retention strap

http://www.copquest.com/40-1540.htm
http://www.copquest.com/40-1540-head.jpg

DooSPX
10-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Nice Milk, I usually carry my .380 SOB.

Forrest-X45
11-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Just added this little guy to the collection. Sure had to wait awhile for it to come in.

Just added the Crimson Trace laser tonight.

clrussell
11-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Just added this little guy to the collection. Sure had to wait awhile for it to come in.

Me likey! I really need to get back into the new products...

Tapatalk

coz
11-09-2012, 07:03 AM
I do not carry. I own but do not see the need to carry and I don’t get myself in situations or places where I’d need it. One day I had a very angry tailgater behind me… I pointed my index finger up in the air like it was a gun, and I made the motions with the other hand like I put in a new clip, then cocked the gun… they guy slams on his brakes and got off the freeway. I guess that plus the 6” drop hitch, the hunting sticker, the mud boots between the window and the bed and the redneck CB antenna made him think I was really carrying….. :)

In the armed state of Az that would probably get a response from someone actually carrying. Not long ago and in front of where my kids work there were 2 motorists that were cutting each other off and when they got to the stop light a 45 year old guy got out of his car with his gun walking towards the other car. In that car was a 21 year old also carrying and he saw the guy walking up to his car with a gun so he stuck his gun out the window and shot this guy dead on Williams Field road. It was self defense and the kid walked. Flipping someone off in this state could get you shot, you just never know who's carrying out here.

clrussell
11-09-2012, 07:22 AM
In the armed state of Az that would probably get a response from someone actually carrying. Not long ago and in front of where my kids work there were 2 motorists that were cutting each other off and when they got to the stop light a 45 year old guy got out of his car with his gun walking towards the other car. In that car was a 21 year old also carrying and he saw the guy walking up to his car with a gun so he stuck his gun out the window and shot this guy dead on Williams Field road. It was self defense and the kid walked. Flipping someone off in this state could get you shot, you just never know who's carrying out here.

Yea that'll make you think twice about going and dragging someone out of their car because of road rage.. My brother stopped in the middle of the highway and walked back to a truck that had been tailgating him for the last 30 miles through numerous passing lanes. When he got to the truck they just floored it and took off around him, about 5 minutes later my brother gets pulled over and almost got a careless and imprudent driving ticket over the deal.. Cop was nice and told him not to do it again.. I tell my brother he has to stop that crap before he gets shot.. Although I've had people do the same crap to me, and believe me I could have walked up to their truck and probably thrown em off a big bridge i was so mad.. But I always stay in the truck for use of good judgement..

Tapatalk

DooSPX
11-09-2012, 08:42 AM
I added a Pearce grip extension and a Pacmyar slip on grip to my Kahr. Also just stocked up on some more .40 and .380 ammo Speer LE GD, Federal HST Tactical, and Winchester Ranger T's. I have a bad feeling that the next 4 years are going to be hell on earth. Also, the places I order ammo from, sold out most of their stock a day after the election. Crazy!

ski/hunt
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Better buy while you can!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/senator-feinstein-looking-to-introduce-new-assault-weapons-ban

JimN
11-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Not necessarily for CC, but I went out looking for something today- the four that fit best (I have really big hands) were Sig SP2022, Smith & Wesson M&P9/40, Ruger SR9/SR40 and Beretta 92FS. Any opinions that could help me decide? Anything to watch out for, WRT reliability, etc?

Last time I fired a S&W 9mm was fine from the accuracy standpoint but I really didn't like the slide biting my hand. These all fit better and that's actually more important to me than brand.

Footin
11-18-2012, 07:32 PM
I have been looking for my first gun for while now. I want something for CC (mostly in my glovebox) and I think I have decided on the Ruger SR9. It fits my hand the best also.

X2M
11-18-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm just starting to look for a weapon for myself. We have a Kahr 40 and a S&W 40 in the family but I think they are a bit big/heavy for what I need. You guys seem to be pretty knowledgable and I'm looking for suggestions.

I have been training as a handler for a Search and Rescue dog for a while now. He is a trailing dog and we do both urban and wilderness work. I've been thinking about carrying while we are doing training in the wilderness mostly. We can go from sea level up to 7000 foot elevation. Most times I will have just a day pack but there will be times I have a 3 day pack that weighs at least 30-40 lbs. So size and weight of a weapon is an issue. We do come across bears & mountain lions, but rattle snakes are my biggest concern for not just me but my dog as well.

I've heard good and bad on revolvers and semi auto. Being female my hands are on the small side. I plan on using snake shot. What else?

Hrkdrivr
11-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Springfield XDS .45...LOVE it!

Previous carry gun was an LCP .380. Tried an XDM .40 (4.5") but it was too heavy and bulky.

Hrkdrivr
11-18-2012, 10:11 PM
My new EDC system.

Is the pocket clip on the Kel-Tec aftermarket or did it come with the gun? That would be handy on an LCP. I bet it could be adapted to a number of guns. Neat idea.

DooSPX
11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
I ordered it from Kel Tec.

I googled it, and there is options for the LCP. Check out the google search here... https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=belt+clip+for+Ruger+LCP

DooSPX
11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm just starting to look for a weapon for myself. We have a Kahr 40 and a S&W 40 in the family but I think they are a bit big/heavy for what I need. You guys seem to be pretty knowledgable and I'm looking for suggestions.

I have been training as a handler for a Search and Rescue dog for a while now. He is a trailing dog and we do both urban and wilderness work. I've been thinking about carrying while we are doing training in the wilderness mostly. We can go from sea level up to 7000 foot elevation. Most times I will have just a day pack but there will be times I have a 3 day pack that weighs at least 30-40 lbs. So size and weight of a weapon is an issue. We do come across bears & mountain lions, but rattle snakes are my biggest concern for not just me but my dog as well.

I've heard good and bad on revolvers and semi auto. Being female my hands are on the small side. I plan on using snake shot. What else?

Good on Revolvers- Basically the most reliable of all handguns. The bad- 5 or 6 shots only, and thats about it. I love Revolvers, and have a couple.

I recommend a full size, or compact (NOT SUB Compact) Polymer Semi Auto in a .40 if you are concerned about the Bears and Mountain Lions, with decent amount of rounds per mag. Ruger, Glock, any that can give you 9-15 rounds. Example, the Ruger SR40. up to 15+1 and only 27.5 oz. If Snakes are your main concern, then a 9mm will serve you good.
Since you are going to be out on trails and whatnot, I recommend you have higher capacity then what is generally used in Sub Compact Personal Defense. A .40 that has the expansion (with a good JHP such as Federal HST or Winchester Ranger) close to that of a .45 with the 1000 +/- fps, is the best round IMO. Most Government agencies, FBI, Border Patrol, etc use the .40 S&W.

X2M
11-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Good on Revolvers- Basically the most reliable of all handguns. The bad- 5 or 6 shots only, and thats about it. I love Revolvers, and have a couple.

I recommend a full size, or compact (NOT SUB Compact) Polymer Semi Auto in a .40 if you are concerned about the Bears and Mountain Lions, with decent amount of rounds per mag. Ruger, Glock, any that can give you 9-15 rounds. Example, the Ruger SR40. up to 15+1 and only 27.5 oz. If Snakes are your main concern, then a 9mm will serve you good.
Since you are going to be out on trails and whatnot, I recommend you have higher capacity then what is generally used in Sub Compact Personal Defense. A .40 that has the expansion (with a good JHP such as Federal HST or Winchester Ranger) close to that of a .45 with the 1000 +/- fps, is the best round IMO. Most Government agencies, FBI, Border Patrol, etc use the .40 S&W.

Thank you DooSPX! I am more concerned about the snakes than the bears/mountain lions. But I do not want to be come face to face with a bear or mountain lion and not be prepared. I will check out the ones you have recommended. Hopefully one will feel right.

mustangtexas
11-21-2012, 07:26 AM
@X2M, to protect your dog from snake bite the best thing you can do is find a hunting dog club in your area that has a "De-Snaking" event. Pay a small fee and they expose your dog to defanged snakes and when your dog approaches the snake he will be hit by with a shock collar pretty hard. After a couple times your dog will do anything to avoid any kind of snake. Well worth the the time and money. My bird dogs learned real fast to hate snakes.

Sullivan
11-21-2012, 10:13 AM

That is a hard gun to find! I've been looking at every gun store I know of trying to find one. I have the M&P .45 and love it!

JimN
11-21-2012, 10:36 AM
OK, this may have more to do with philosophy WRT selling to a first-time gun owner, but I went to a local shop and when asked which caliber(s) I'm interested in, I said "9mm, .40 or .45" because I'm buying for home protection more than CC, but that may come later. His response was that "the .40 adds 10% stopping power and 40% recoil force. Having fired a .44 Mag and .357, I'm not sure this really matters unless I'm going to spend a really large amount of time at the range but I do understand that, under stress, the first shot is the one that counts most and being surprised by the kick would be a bad thing. If I find myself never practicing, it may be better to not have it, rather than spray lead all over the place, IMO.

I know M&P have used 9mm for a long time and that it works, as long as the shots are well-placed. I also know that under stress, accuracy isn't usually very good- look at what the NYC tactical squad did when they hit 9 pedestrians, earlier this year. We had an incident near MKE where an older man was firing a 12ga over the cops and they returned fire- more than 30 rounds and not a single hit. Looks like a bunch of Barney Fifes.

However, I'm not terribly worried at this time, but it's impossible to say for sure than nothing will happen. I was working in my garage a few weeks ago and heard 7-8 shots and it sounded close- I was waiting for something to hit the garage, to be honest. That said, if someone comes to where I am, won't leave and is a legitimate threat, I want to be able to stop them, not make them mad. Already taken defensive gun training and know that it's not a position I want to be in but if it's a case of survival,....

I looked at four on Sunday and have ruled out the Beretta- much more than I want to spend. In order, I'm considering 9mm and .40- the Smith & Wesson M&P, Sig SP2022 and Ruger SR series. I have read very good reviews for all of these, although the Taurus look promising, too. I think the Sig fit my hand best, but the others were comfortable- just a matter of which works best when I try them, really. Last time I fired a 9mm, it bit my hand because either my hand was too high on the grip or the beavertail is closer to the slide than what will work for my big hands.

Am I better off buying a 9mm first and practicing, then buy a larger bore later? The cost of ammunition is a concern, too- .40 is about 35%+ more expensive and since I'll be practicing quite a bit, I don't want to spend too much- money's tight and nothing's free.

What say ye?

Thrall
11-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Jim, if you're practicing alot I'd go 357 unless you're against a revolver. Do you need more than 5 or 6 slugs? If SHTF then maybe. If someone breaks into your house while you're sleeping and you can't hit them with the first 6 rounds, they're gone out the door anyway I'd think.
357 will shoot 38 rounds, great for practice and plinking, cheap ammo. Load the good stuff before you put it in the night stand.
Most 357 are heavier for a CC gun, but I have a little Taurus 357 5 shot, 2" barrel, laser sight grip that is not heavy. I don't CC but I carry it while hunting and it's not cumbersome.

If that's not an option my thoughts are go with the biggest caliber you're comfortable with. Get a 45 and be done with it. If you'r eever in that situation I'd bet you'll have a death grip on the gun and recoil will bethe least of your worries!

DooSPX
11-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I agree with Thrall about the .357 Magnum wheel gun. If for HD, a 4" barrel would be better IMO. That is if you like wheel guns. Personally, I love them. No handgun is more reliable. Now, a downside, about the only I can see with the .357mag is over penetration. Sometimes, not a good thing in a home. Just use a really good LE round.

with modern Law Enforcement JHP rounds such as the Federal HST or the Winchester Ranger T's you get expansion of .9" +/- in a .40 and 1000fps vs. a .45 with just a tad more expansion at .97-.99" at 850-900fps. I personally am a fan of high velocity and big expansion. It really boils all down to personal preference. A .40 or .45 with a good round and good shot placement, is all equal. Or you can go with a 10mm or .357sig if you want a semi auto. Again, all personal preference. Shot placement and a good round is all that's needed.

My next purchase is going to be a Tactical 18.5" Remington 870 12ga 6+1 shotgun fitted with a surefire light for home defense. :D

One thing to always remember, there is no such thing as a one shot-drop gun, even a shotgun if it hits the right spot. PCP, meth, etc all induce no pain, extreme strength rage in a person. I have heard from LE friends of a shot to the heart (exploding) and the guy still comes till the brain dies and bleeds out.

X2M
11-21-2012, 03:26 PM
@X2M, to protect your dog from snake bite the best thing you can do is find a hunting dog club in your area that has a "De-Snaking" event. Pay a small fee and they expose your dog to defanged snakes and when your dog approaches the snake he will be hit by with a shock collar pretty hard. After a couple times your dog will do anything to avoid any kind of snake. Well worth the the time and money. My bird dogs learned real fast to hate snakes.

I have researched those classes and I think they are a great way to get dogs to avoid snakes. :)

I am on the fence about taking the classes with Tuck. I'm concerned that his tracking/trailing/drive will be screwed up if we take the classes and then come across a snake while working (I don't want him to shut down and not work). This and the rattle snake vaccine have been discussed a lot with other handlers I train with.

Thanks for the advice! :)

homer12
11-21-2012, 04:50 PM
DooSPX, is this what you're looking to get? Just got mine last weekend. No light (yet). but ghost ring sight, 6+1, 18.5", and tactical choke. Get to try it out tomorrow. :D

DooSPX
11-21-2012, 06:28 PM
DooSPX, is this what you're looking to get? Just got mine last weekend. No light (yet). but ghost ring sight, 6+1, 18.5", and tactical choke. Get to try it out tomorrow. :D

YES! Let me know how you like it please!

JimN
11-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Jim, if you're practicing alot I'd go 357 unless you're against a revolver. Do you need more than 5 or 6 slugs? If SHTF then maybe. If someone breaks into your house while you're sleeping and you can't hit them with the first 6 rounds, they're gone out the door anyway I'd think.
357 will shoot 38 rounds, great for practice and plinking, cheap ammo. Load the good stuff before you put it in the night stand.
Most 357 are heavier for a CC gun, but I have a little Taurus 357 5 shot, 2" barrel, laser sight grip that is not heavy. I don't CC but I carry it while hunting and it's not cumbersome.

If that's not an option my thoughts are go with the biggest caliber you're comfortable with. Get a 45 and be done with it. If you'r eever in that situation I'd bet you'll have a death grip on the gun and recoil will bethe least of your worries!

I have thought about a .357, as well- one thing to consider is a string of "What if?" questions- what if the intruder is on drugs that make bullets less effective? I worked in a mall and a shoplifter at Sears had been shooting coke- he just would not stop fighting and even though his head was being rammed into a brick wall and he said "Ow". Meth would probably be worse. If gangs move in before I get a chance to move out, and they're not that far away, I'm gonna need something with more than 5 or 6 rounds. OTOH, a .357 is pretty cheap, so I could start with that and move up later, or vice-versa.

I have shot .22 pistol and rifle, S&W .357 (with .38 wad-cutters), Colt .44 Mag and S&W 9mm and accuracy wasn't much of a problem (I guess all of the practice with my Daisy BB gun wasn't such a waste of time, eh?).

JimN
11-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I agree with Thrall about the .357 Magnum wheel gun. If for HD, a 4" barrel would be better IMO. That is if you like wheel guns. Personally, I love them. No handgun is more reliable. Now, a downside, about the only I can see with the .357mag is over penetration. Sometimes, not a good thing in a home. Just use a really good LE round.

with modern Law Enforcement JHP rounds such as the Federal HST or the Winchester Ranger T's you get expansion of .9" +/- in a .40 and 1000fps vs. a .45 with just a tad more expansion at .97-.99" at 850-900fps. I personally am a fan of high velocity and big expansion. It really boils all down to personal preference. A .40 or .45 with a good round and good shot placement, is all equal. Or you can go with a 10mm or .357sig if you want a semi auto. Again, all personal preference. Shot placement and a good round is all that's needed.

My next purchase is going to be a Tactical 18.5" Remington 870 12ga 6+1 shotgun fitted with a surefire light for home defense. :D

One thing to always remember, there is no such thing as a one shot-drop gun, even a shotgun if it hits the right spot. PCP, meth, etc all induce no pain, extreme strength rage in a person. I have heard from LE friends of a shot to the heart (exploding) and the guy still comes till the brain dies and bleeds out.

One shot drop can happen if I want brains on my walls but you're right about body shots- unless the aorta is hit, it probably won't end with one shot.

mzito
11-21-2012, 07:59 PM
i have one of those too ... love shooting it. My wife carries a Sig Sauer P239 SAS with the short release trigger ... that thing shoots awesome!

I carry a P239 40/.357. Best shooting gun I own. I had the trigger and all the "Guts" honed/polished by Bruce Grey at Grey Guns. He does excellent work, I highly recommend his work. He only works on H&K and Sig's. He completely over hulled my wife's H&K SK 2000 9m sub compact. She has Rheumatoid Arthritis and started to have a hard time pulling the DA 12lb pull. he cut it in 1/2 and reduced the SA by a third while shortening the reset. that thing is awesome now!!

mzito
11-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Carry Guns:

.38 +p S&W 642 j frame w/ Speer god dot
Sig p239 40/.357 sig RANGER T

homer12
11-23-2012, 07:27 AM
YES! Let me know how you like it please!

DooSPX, very fun to shoot yesterday! Easy to shoot and sight in with the ghost rings. Tactical choke leaves a fair spread pattern at about 20yds.
I'm happy with it!!

DooSPX
11-23-2012, 08:39 AM
homer12, thank you! I look forward to getting one! Glad you like it.

mzito, nice Carry weapons! I carry Speer Gold Dot's in my small caliber .380 and either Ranger T's or Federal HST's in my .40

mzito
11-23-2012, 04:04 PM
homer12, thank you! I look forward to getting one! Glad you like it.

mzito, nice Carry weapons! I carry Speer Gold Dot's in my small caliber .380 and either Ranger T's or Federal HST's in my .40

Doo you mentioned you carry a Kahr 40 and that you like the DA pull. D you know how many lbs the pull is?

JimN
11-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Are you guys buying locally at a gun shop, a gun show, or online?

mzito
11-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Are you guys buying locally at a gun shop, a gun show, or online?

I buy local. I am lucky to have two different friends that own gun shops. I always shoot before I buy.

clrussell
11-23-2012, 10:54 PM
I buy local.. Try to keep business in my town and the guys I buy from always take care of me.. And I get to shoot before I buy like said above

Tapatalk

DooSPX
11-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Doo you mentioned you carry a Kahr 40 and that you like the DA pull. D you know how many lbs the pull is?

mzito, sorry it took a while to get back to you...
The Kahr DAO trigger is EXCELLENT!!! I have to say the BEST DAO I have used in SA and Revolvers. It's pull is VERY smooth with a crisp break and is relatively short for a DAO. It's a 6.25 lb trigger, nothing compared to my Kel-Tec P3AT. The Kel-Tec trigger is HEAVY w/ a crappy break. But my .380 has been very reliable, the reason I still have it.

mzito
11-26-2012, 07:13 PM
mzito, sorry it took a while to get back to you...
The Kahr DAO trigger is EXCELLENT!!! I have to say the BEST DAO I have used in SA and Revolvers. It's pull is VERY smooth with a crisp break and is relatively short for a DAO. It's a 6.25 lb trigger, nothing compared to my Kel-Tec P3AT. The Kel-Tec trigger is HEAVY w/ a crappy break. But my .380 has been very reliable, the reason I still have it.

Doo
Thanks for the info I may have to go check one out. I'm always looking for a smooth gun; sounds like yours does the job for you.

take care

DooSPX
11-27-2012, 08:18 AM
so far I have no issue's and really love the handgun. It's my EDC now, except for some days where my it in your hand .380 is a must because of the attire I am wearing. In fact I carrying right now in a double clip hybrid holster.

GT500 MC
11-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Bit of a threadjack here....currently have a S&W MP9mm but looking at adding a plinker (mainly for cheaper time at the range and having my wife and son be comfortable shooting). Anyone have the S&W .22 or Ruger SR.22? I think I've narrowed it down to those two.

aquaman
11-28-2012, 09:52 AM
I have a Ruger Mark III slab side 22lr.....great gun for practice/plinking.

Super accurate and quality build.

GT500 MC
12-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Ended up getting a Sig .22 Mosquito. Cool little gun, fun to shoot and a bit less expensive than the 9. Son and wife like it too. Only likes high-velocity ammo but other than that no drawbacks yet.

JBrew
01-02-2013, 11:49 AM
I wanna play... Kahr CW9

Went with this as my first pistol, little bigger than the CM9. I like how I can get all fingers on it. Feels good in my hand. Will eventually get the CM or LCP/LC9 as I get more range time for my true cc gun.

JimN
01-02-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm getting one of these commemorative pistols, for practicing my handling skills in the house-

Ruger is coming out with a new pistol in honor of

the United States Senate and the House of Representatives.

It will be named the “Congressman”.

It doesn't work and you can't fire it.

clrussell
01-02-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm getting one of these commemorative pistols, for practicing my handling skills in the house-

Ruger is coming out with a new pistol in honor of

the United States Senate and the House of Representatives.

It will be named the “Congressman”.

It doesn't work and you can't fire it.

Lol great!

Tapatalk

mzito
01-02-2013, 02:16 PM
I wanna play... Kahr CW9

Went with this as my first pistol, little bigger than the CM9. I like how I can get all fingers on it. Feels good in my hand. Will eventually get the CM or LCP/LC9 as I get more range time for my true cc gun.

Great Gun...Good pick!

BallBushing
01-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Non gun owner here. Some of the pics show a double? trigger, what's that for? IMHO - Those Kahr's look like works of art.

Also, what's the effective range for these small hand guns?

JimN
01-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Non gun owner here. Some of the pics show a double? trigger, what's that for? IMHO - Those Kahr's look like works of art.

Also, what's the effective range for these small hand guns?

Like a pivot in the middle of the trigger? That's a safety. If you try to squeeze the upper part of the trigger, it won't fire. Some have additional safeties- maybe along the back of the grip, some won't fire if the magazine is removed, etc.

As far as range, here's a guy on YouTube who goes by Hickok45 and he was shooting a metal disc that he calls 'the gong' from about 80 yards with a compact semi-automatic pistol (Smith & Wesson M&P9mm Shield model), with nothing to rest the gun or his hand on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcPr5UwP-Zw

clrussell
01-03-2013, 07:35 PM
All cleaned up and ready to go again 88333

Tapatalk

JimN
01-03-2013, 07:39 PM
With what I read about possibly happening in Illinois, I wonder how long we'll get to keep these.

clrussell
01-03-2013, 07:47 PM
What's the word there? I don't watch or listen to the news..

Tapatalk

JimN
01-03-2013, 08:14 PM
What's the word there? I don't watch or listen to the news..

Tapatalk

http://times247.com/articles/illinois-aims-to-institute-sweeping-gun-ban

clrussell
01-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Wow.. Thanks Jim, good news to know! Thankfully I'm in Missouri.. I won't say anymore because I dont want to start a gun ban forum war

Tapatalk

JBrew
01-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Great Gun...Good pick!

Thanks mate. Shot 100 rounds today!

Need a slip on grip anyone got suggestions?

Kyle
01-03-2013, 09:42 PM

Not really CC but it rides everywhere with me in my truck.

2) 15 round mags so its heavy.

Would a laser sight be cool or not.

Also would it be worth trading for a .40? Curious

Kinda want more power than a 9mm

Also carry a .380

Want a .40 too or a .45

clrussell
01-03-2013, 09:55 PM
I havnt shot a 40 much.. But I love my 45 other than limited capacity.. My kimber is 7+1.. But if they don't go down in the first 8 shots I don't need to be shooting at them

Tapatalk

mzito
01-03-2013, 10:09 PM

Also carry a .380

Want a .40 too or a .45

Look at a Sig P239 Awesome gun...you can get it in a .40 and you can buy an extra barrel in .357sig if you want a little faster round. I have both both are good cal's to carry with.

Kyle
01-03-2013, 10:36 PM
So I googled the model 6926 s&w and it has a recall on the decocker. Should I send it in for recall or not.

Does rare mean more value

Surely it's nothing special. Bought at gun show 1st gun and didnt know anything about it. It was a bobbed hammer and looked cool so I bought it. Prolly paid too much but it looked cool.

Ideas anyone?

JimN
01-03-2013, 10:43 PM
So I googled the model 6926 s&w and it has a recall on the decocker. Should I send it in for recall or not.

Does rare mean more value

Surely it's nothing special. Bought at gun show 1st gun and didnt know anything about it. It was a bobbed hammer and looked cool so I bought it. Prolly paid too much but it looked cool.

Ideas anyone?

That photo shows a 5926, not 6926.

My friend has one that's similar (I haven't seen it in years, so it could even be the same) and I was pretty accurate with it. The slide bit me, but that was my fault.

milkmania
01-03-2013, 11:32 PM

Also carry a .380

Want a .40 too or a .45

I've got the same Uncle Mike's Sidekick holster for my XD-40..... LOVE IT!!!
very comfortable SOB

Kyle
01-04-2013, 03:43 AM
That photo shows a 5926, not 6926.

My friend has one that's similar (I haven't seen it in years, so it could even be the same) and I was pretty accurate with it. The slide bit me, but that was my fault.

You are correct.

I sent from iPhone and had fat fingers and a beer in the other hand.

5926 is correct. Thanks for correction

The slide has never gotten me.

Very smooth shooting gun. Really like it.

milkmania
01-04-2013, 05:44 AM
I saw this video in December and forgot to post it.....
I thought it was very enlightening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s&feature=endscreen&NR=1

JimN
01-04-2013, 09:29 AM
You are correct.

I sent from iPhone and had fat fingers and a beer in the other hand.

5926 is correct. Thanks for correction

The slide has never gotten me.

Very smooth shooting gun. Really like it.

I'd blame the little, tiny buttons.

I didn't expect it to bite me- that was no fun.

oxberger
01-04-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't CC yet, but for home protection I have a Hi Point JHP .45 with Hornaday ZombieMax ammo. I love this gun. It is a bit on the bigger side, but I have big hands. Jim, that may be worth looking into if you're looking for a .45 thats inexpensize. When I decide to go CC then I'll be going with a Sprinfield Armory xd series in .45. Milk, I enjoy the video link you posted but what I saw seemed very biased. I like the fact that it gives you something to think about. I just don't agree with it.

JimN
01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't CC yet, but for home protection I have a Hi Point JHP .45 with Hornaday ZombieMax ammo. I love this gun. It is a bit on the bigger side, but I have big hands. Jim, that may be worth looking into if you're looking for a .45 thats inexpensize. When I decide to go CC then I'll be going with a Sprinfield Armory xd series in .45. Milk, I enjoy the video link you posted but what I saw seemed very biased. I like the fact that it gives you something to think about. I just don't agree with it.

An M&P 9mm should be here soon enough. If it doesn't work out, I'll get something else. If they're still available. And if they'll let us buy ammunition. And......

Footin
01-04-2013, 05:25 PM
I have narrowed it down to the SW M&P 9mm or the Ruger SR9.

JimN
01-04-2013, 05:48 PM

I liked the Ruger but the M&P really fits my hand well. It also comes with three back straps- SM, Med and Lg. Easy to change, too.

Footin
01-04-2013, 06:01 PM
I liked the Ruger but the M&P really fits my hand well. It also comes with three back straps- SM, Med and Lg. Easy to change, too.

I agree, it will come down to which ever feels better in my hand.

JimN
01-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I agree, it will come down to which ever feels better in my hand.

I basically decided that I wanted something that's comfy to shoot but, if it really hits the fan, that won't matter, so I'm planning to try many different makes/models. No point in being a One Trick Pony and no gun is going to change to accommodate me, so....

I get a kick out of reading people comments WRT a particular gun- "Every shot was low and to the left", "It was all over the map" and "I couldn't hit the center, no matter what I tried". Someone needs to tell them "It goes where you point it, stupid".

Chief
01-04-2013, 06:35 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5008018597021497&pid=15.1

Not much of a CC but for my nightstand, "The Judge" will do!

GT500 MC
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM

I went with the sw9 over the ruger. Absolutely love it. I'm sure the sr9 is a good gun but as someone said, once you've narrowed it down to a couple, feel in the hand is key. The gun is starting to shoot straight now too. :D

Footin
01-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Is the SW9 too big for CC?

JimN
01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
I went with the sw9 over the ruger. Absolutely love it. I'm sure the sr9 is a good gun but as someone said, once you've narrowed it down to a couple, feel in the hand is key. The gun is starting to shoot straight now too. :D

Did you have to slap it around a bit?

JimN
01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Is the SW9 too big for CC?

The Shield and compact models are made for CC- the others can be a bit cumbersome if they're kept in a pocket or some hidden holsters. Shorter barrel doesn't really matter if the "Rule of threes" occurs- the shooting happens most often at 3', in three seconds, with three shots fired.

onewheat
01-05-2013, 12:30 AM
The Shield and compact models are made for CC- the others can be a bit cumbersome if they're kept in a pocket or some hidden holsters. Shorter barrel doesn't really matter if the "Rule of threes" occurs- the shooting happens most often at 3', in three seconds, with three shots fired.

So what you're saying is this one might be a bit cumbersome to carry?

JimN
01-05-2013, 12:58 AM
So what you're saying is this one might be a bit cumbersome to carry?

Looks like the .88 Magnum Joe Piscopo carried in 'There Goes Johnny, Dangerously'.

coz
01-05-2013, 07:58 AM

You can't go wrong with the 870, I've had this 870 Express Magnum with 20" factory rifled barrel for years, shoots slugs and shot.

bbymgr
01-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Looks like the .88 Magnum Joe Piscopo carried in 'There Goes Johnny, Dangerously'.

"My mother hung me on a hook once............................once."

JimN
01-05-2013, 09:03 AM
"My mother hung me on a hook once............................once."

(Lil Sheridan)- "So, what's your name?"
(Johnny)- "Johnny- Johnny Dangerously"
(Lil Sheridan)- "Did you know your name is an adverb?"

milkmania
01-06-2013, 10:19 AM
*snip*

*snip*
Shorter barrel doesn't really matter if the "Rule of threes" occurs- the shooting happens most often at 3', in three seconds, with three shots fired.

odd you both mention this....
I read an article last week and had hell finding it again, but I did http://blog.thejustnation.org/2012/01/how-often-and-where-to-shoot-an-attacker/

milkmania
01-06-2013, 10:21 AM
off topic, but good

10 Reasons Why A Handgun Is Better Than A Wife
10. You can trade an old .44 for a new .22.
9. You can keep one handgun at home and have another for when you’re on the road.
8. If you admire a friend’s handgun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times.
7. Your primary handgun doesn’t mind if you keep another handgun for a backup.
6. Your handgun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.
5. A handgun doesn’t take up a lot of closet space.
4. Handguns function normally every day of the month.
3. A handgun doesn’t ask, “Do these new grips make me look fat?”
2. A handgun doesn’t mind if you go to sleep after you use it.
And, the number one way a handgun is better than a wife :
1. You can buy a silencer for a handgun.

JimN
01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
odd you both mention this....
I read an article last week and had hell finding it again, but I did http://blog.thejustnation.org/2012/01/how-often-and-where-to-shoot-an-attacker/

And then, there's this-

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/mother-of-two-surprises-burglar-with-five-gunshots/nTnGR/

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater was still conscious.

“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.

Slater, unaware that she had emptied her chamber, obliged as the mother and her children ran to a neighbor’s house.

The injured burglar eventually made it out of the home and into his car, driving away before deputies arrived on the scene. He didn’t get far.

“When you got five bullets in you, it makes you kind of disoriented,” Chapman told the AJC.

Deputies found Slater bleeding profusely in a neighbor’s driveway.

“I’m dying. Help me,” he told them, according to Chapman.

Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

"I'm dying. Help me." Exactly. He's the victim. Sure.

I saw some of the unarmed Sears security guys nab three shoplifters when they left the store and went into the mall (can't apprehend them until they leave, ya know, even when you have watched them fill duffle bags with clothes or other items they haven't paid for AND DON'T INTEND TO PAY FOR). One guy was pretty compliant, the woman (who had become more pregnant, the longer she stayed) was fighting and the third just wasn't going down without a major fight. One of the Sears guys had him in a headlock and was banging his head into the wooden ledge below one of the windows of our store, saying "You wanna fight, mother%$#^@&?". The guy whose head was being banged said "ow". He didn't shout it, he said it. Turns out, he had been shooting cocaine and just didn't feel it much. THAT'S why 10 rounds isn't always enough but the pinheads in Washington who want to disarm us don't know anything about this. They also don't seen to understand the fact that someone who wants a gun but can't buy one legally will usually get one, anyway. If they think they'll get all of whatever they want to confiscate will be turned in, they're fools. Criminals have already broken laws- what makes Congress & the rest think these people will suddenly become upstanding citizens who obey the laws?

jstewart319
01-07-2013, 07:19 AM
My wife got this for me for my birthday a Sig Sauer P229.

clrussell
01-07-2013, 07:59 AM
I like the 229! Sig makes some great guns!

Tapatalk

mzito
01-07-2013, 08:05 AM
I like the 229! Sig makes some great guns!

Tapatalk

Fantastic Gun!!

I feel Sig and H&K make the best guns for everyday CC

milkmania
01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLN6_s66wTg

JimN
01-07-2013, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLN6_s66wTg

And? It really doesn't show much, other than people who haven't trained for that kind of scenario. Shooting paper targets only makes someone familiar with the weapon- it teaches nothing about what to look out for, what to do, where to take cover, etc. I would say that tactical training for all handgun owners is a good idea.

milkmania
01-07-2013, 11:35 PM
And? It really doesn't show much, other than people who haven't trained for that kind of scenario. Shooting paper targets only makes someone familiar with the weapon- it teaches nothing about what to look out for, what to do, where to take cover, etc. I would say that tactical training for all handgun owners is a good idea.
sorry, had just found the second part of that other video that I'd posted earlier.
In that particular scenario, I don't think I'd fare well either(guns shooting upon entry)... and I go to the firing range twice a month :(

thatsmrmastercraft
01-07-2013, 11:40 PM

Not only a good idea, but it would be a lot of fun. Spend a few days at Gunsite and you would remember it for the rest of your life. That would be a heck of a vacation.

http://www.gunsite.com/main/

JimN
01-08-2013, 08:30 AM
sorry, had just found the second part of that other video that I'd posted earlier.
In that particular scenario, I don't think I'd fare well either(guns shooting upon entry)... and I go to the firing range twice a month :(

The guy who was "trained" stood up and started shooting back- what happened to taking cover and makng a smaller target?

JimN
01-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Not only a good idea, but it would be a lot of fun. Spend a few days at Gunsite and you would remember it for the rest of your life. That would be a heck of a vacation.

http://www.gunsite.com/main/

I think a friend of mine took his wife and daughters to that place. I saw some videos of them with pistol and shotgun at an outdoor range and they don't live too far away.

JimN
01-08-2013, 08:54 AM
And, right on cue, Al Sharpton wants to ban knives.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-08-2013, 04:09 PM
And, right on cue, Al Sharpton wants to ban knives.

I wonder what his position is on sporks.

milkmania
01-08-2013, 04:30 PM

he IS a spork:mad:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-08-2013, 04:39 PM
he IS a spork:mad:

Don't be hatin' on sporks..........the world's most perfect eating utensil.

BrooksfamX2
01-08-2013, 06:14 PM
^ Ya, what he said...I have a titanium spork at work I eat my lunches with. Got it from.....

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8ace/?srp=1

JimN
01-08-2013, 08:16 PM

Only to be used for KFC cole slaw. That's what I heard, anyway.

GT500 MC
01-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Not many references to revolvers here. Just purchased a Ruger LCR .38. Never would have thought a revolver could be used for a edc but with a good pocket holster, it's not bad (much better than my M&P9). Smooth trigger pull. Can't wait to get it to the range. Now only have to wait 7 days to get it. Backgrounds are down to 7 days from 21 days about a week ago.

billr
01-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Picked up a Springfield XD40 yesterday. Paperwork took about an hour.

JimN
01-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Not many references to revolvers here. Just purchased a Ruger LCR .38. Never would have thought a revolver could be used for a edc but with a good pocket holster, it's not bad (much better than my M&P9). Smooth trigger pull. Can't wait to get it to the range. Now only have to wait 7 days to get it. Backgrounds are down to 7 days from 21 days about a week ago.

Don't like the M&P or just like this better?

GT500 MC
01-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Don't like the M&P or just like this better?

Love the M&P but wanted something smaller for cc. This LCR fits in my front pocket. Both great guns.

JimN
01-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Love the M&P but wanted something smaller for cc. This LCR fits in my front pocket. Both great guns.

Why not a compact M&P or one of the Shield models?

I'll be getting an M&P 9mm soon. Looking forward to it.

JimN
01-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Maybe gun control won't start with mandatory registration. Yet.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/01/obamacare-amendment-forbids-gun-registration/#axzz2HZw3lI6x

aquaman
01-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Seems to me its time for Politician Control ?

The tail is wagging the dog.

68% polled Do not think gun control is the answer.

Why are we letting the talking heads TELL us what THEY think is good for us ??

JimN
01-10-2013, 09:44 AM

Why are letting the talking heads TELL us what THEY think is good for us ??

WE aren't. People who don't want to bother finding out what's going on want it, the uneducated need it, the ones who agree love it and those who want to be controlled are OK with it.

GT500 MC
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Why not a compact M&P or one of the Shield models?

I'll be getting an M&P 9mm soon. Looking forward to it.

Would have liked to stay within the S&W brand, but can't find either one of those, at least not at a "reasonable" price or available. Heard the Shield 9 can take 6-8 months if you're lucky. Also saw it listed somewhere for $600+, which is about $150 more than I wanted to pay. Also wanted to diversify a bit w/the revolver, pretty simple functioning for cc.

JimN
01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Would have liked to stay within the S&W brand, but can't find either one of those, at least not at a "reasonable" price or available. Heard the Shield 9 can take 6-8 months if you're lucky. Also saw it listed somewhere for $600+, which is about $150 more than I wanted to pay. Also wanted to diversify a bit w/the revolver, pretty simple functioning for cc.

Bud's has a bunch of used M&P 9c on their site, if you're interested. They have almost nothing new- last time I called, they had 1400 M&P 9 of one model and two days later, I saw that they were out of almost everything.

GT500 MC
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Bud's has a bunch of used M&P 9c on their site, if you're interested. They have almost nothing new- last time I called, they had 1400 M&P 9 of one model and two days later, I saw that they were out of almost everything.

Just checked their site and now sold-out of used 9c's. Moving fast.

JimN
01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Just checked their site and now sold-out of used 9c's. Moving fast.

Whoa! I was on their site when I posted that. They had more than a dozen at the time.

GT500 MC
01-10-2013, 11:48 AM
Their used and new listings are scarce.

captain planet
01-10-2013, 12:22 PM

Why are we letting the talking heads TELL us what THEY think is good for us ??

Because the media is owned by one of 5 to 7 companies and banks. Those 5 to 7 companies and banks own Washington and run the country. To make it easier to run the country it is better to have unarmed citizens so you can do what you want, therefore they are telling us this is better. :mad:

JimN
01-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Because the media is owned by one of 5 to 7 companies and banks. Those 5 to 7 companies and banks own Washington and run the country. To make it easier to run the country it is better to have unarmed citizens so you can do what you want, therefore they are telling us this is better. :mad:

The only thing that works better than not allowing people to be educated is to educate them badly. Score one for those who want to lead people around by the nose. I think they see us as pets.

captain planet
01-11-2013, 12:43 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig6/larosa7.1.1.html

captain planet
01-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Anybody have an opinion of a S&W M&P 9mm or a Glock 17 9mm? I've done a little research, but am curious of the opinions on here from those who have shot both of them.

I guess I should clarify, this isn't a gun necessarily for cc, but rather home defense.

JimN
01-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Anybody have an opinion of a S&W M&P 9mm or a Glock 17 9mm? I've done a little research, but am curious of the opinions on here from those who have shot both of them.

I guess I should clarify, this isn't a gun necessarily for cc, but rather home defense.

I ordered an M&P 9mm- it fits my hand really well. I have only read a couple of bad comments and apparently, those people expected the gun to shoot straight all by itself. Both got great marks from most reviewers but there's always someone who doesn't like one thing or another, as you know.

GT500 MC
01-11-2013, 02:23 PM

As Jim stated above, very comparable guns. Shot both when I purchased my S&W9, both handled similarly. Grips are interchangeable (if I recall the Glock is interchangeable), 17rd magazine, etc. May just come down to feel in the hand, preference on looks, preference on brand name. And you're pretty accurate on the "not necessarily for cc" comment. Would probably feel like an anchor on your side if you're not used to carrying.

JimN
01-11-2013, 02:35 PM
As Jim stated above, very comparable guns. Shot both when I purchased my S&W9, both handled similarly. Grips are interchangeable (if I recall the Glock is interchangeable), 17rd magazine, etc. May just come down to feel in the hand, preference on looks, preference on brand name. And you're pretty accurate on the "not necessarily for cc" comment. Would probably feel like an anchor on your side if you're not used to carrying.

I haven't seen interchangeable grips on the Glock, although some use abrasive tape for a better grip, rather than just the plastic. The M&P comes with Sm, Med and Large- very easy to change, too.

clrussell
01-11-2013, 02:59 PM
I think some of the gen 4 glocks have interchangeable back straps on the grips.. I could be wrong though

Tapatalk

onewheat
01-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Fired a S&W M&P yesterday - very nice - point, shoot and hit what I was aiming at. That being said - I am not a fan of Glocks.

VP46
01-14-2013, 02:17 AM
I'm also not a fan of glocks, I am sure they are great but I have zero desire to own one.

I have heard great things about S&W's M&P and have been considering one for backpacking (either in .357 or .45).

I just picked this up last month Cii with night sights... have yet to shoot it but I have a serious itch to go hit the range tomorrow.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-OL7Czs2_WVI/UOxk4pZycMI/AAAAAAAAHLo/fEAmUqByVpI/s600/IMG_1032.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0wBfSZaVEQk/UOxqUcPAXeI/AAAAAAAAHL4/HPsoSCiM4lM/s600/IMG_1061.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-68cODpwL7dI/UPOwOErr6RI/AAAAAAAAHMQ/WzgYwFHn8AY/s600/IMG_1016.JPG

clrussell
01-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Very nice kimber 1911.. My favorite

Tapatalk

VP46
01-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Thank you - pretty excited about it. It's almost on par with my excitement level when I first picked up the boat. It's fun to think that at roughly $4/magazine running the gun anywhere near as much as I ran the boat last season makes the gun more expensive!

clrussell
01-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Yea it's got kinda pricey to shoot a 45... I just bought 1000 rounds of ammo while its still available to buy..

Tapatalk

milkmania
01-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Yea it's got kinda pricey to shoot a 45... I just bought 1000 rounds of ammo while its still available to buy..
Tapatalk

.45 will always be available to buy....

clrussell
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
I didn't really mean like gone gone.. Just meant I bought it before someone else did, ammo around here has been try scarce.. People are buying it all

Tapatalk

aquaman
01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
No , you had it correct......at many ammo suppliers the stuff is gone-gone...as in NO backorder is allowed either. :(

I bought the last box of remington sig 357 from midway last week.

clrussell
01-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Maybe I should clean out my piggy bank and go buy all the 308 ammo they had too... Hmmm........

Tapatalk

GT500 MC
01-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Was at Bass Pro earlier today and was able to find "some" ammo. 9mm and .22lr no luck---38spl had a decent selection. .40 and .45 and .357 almost all brands were in-stock. It's really hit/miss right now on ammo....

JBrew
01-15-2013, 08:38 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-seals-1st-state-gun-laws-since-newtown-074653716.html

JimN
01-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Was at Bass Pro earlier today and was able to find "some" ammo. 9mm and .22lr no luck---38spl had a decent selection. .40 and .45 and .357 almost all brands were in-stock. It's really hit/miss right now on ammo....

Try WalMart- last time I was there (at a store that actually sells ammo), they had 1000 round and smaller boxes. I might head out there to get some- it was $59 for 500 rounds of Remington or Winchester.

Never mind. I just checked and they're all out.

This is one way for politicians to keep us from using guns- keep us from getting ammunition.

JimN
01-15-2013, 09:12 AM

Why don't we see criminals protesting these harsher gun laws?:rant:

captain planet
01-15-2013, 12:38 PM

Our country has lost its freaking mind. :mad:

thatsmrmastercraft
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Our country has lost its freaking mind. :mad:

NY certainly has.

This makes so much more sense than to have armed personnel in schools to protect our children.:rolleyes:

captain planet
01-15-2013, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HA3jwOFjHhw#!

Chip off the ole block!

captain planet
01-15-2013, 12:50 PM
NY certainly has.

This makes so much more sense than to have armed personnel in schools to protect our children.:rolleyes:

The method on how to protect our school children is simple. You bring our boys home from these senseless deployments and station 1-3 in each school building. This will save us money because it is MUCH cheaper to have troops home than to have to pay for them to be over seas.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-15-2013, 03:34 PM
The method on how to protect our school children is simple. You bring our boys home from these senseless deployments and station 1-3 in each school building. This will save us money because it is MUCH cheaper to have troops home than to have to pay for them to be over seas.

Exactly. They are already qualified and they won't be deployed any farther than across town. One would think the dufus in the white house would see the opportunity to create jobs and employ our servicemen and women who are having a hard time finding jobs.

aquaman
01-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by JBrew
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-seals-1st-s...074653716.html

Our country has lost its freaking mind, agreed.

New York is in for the Chicago experience. More homicides in Chicago last year than Afghanistan. :confused:

Hows that for Gun Control by the liberal socialists ?

GT500 MC
01-17-2013, 03:14 PM
New cc as of today --Ruger LCR w/DeSantis pocket holster. Just deciding between the Hornady FTX, Win. PDX1 Defender 130gr+P bjhp, or the Win. PP 125gr+P jhp. I've heard all are good stoppers but that the +P's would be a bit more effective.

Also, trying to decide between a Fobus RU101 paddle holster or a Tauga (sp?) leather paddle. Seen reviews that the LCR fits in the Fobus great, but hard plastic. Haven't tried one yet. I tried the leather today and may be leaning a bit toward that. Again, anyone out there w/experience in either of these holsters?

sp00ky
01-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Anyone else having a hard time finding ammo?

JimN
01-19-2013, 09:50 PM

A lot of places are out of larger boxes. I went to a place that only had Remington 9mm, so I bought 5 boxes. If they have any, they're limiting the number of boxes that can be purchased at one time.

sp00ky
01-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by JBrew
http://news.yahoo.com/ny-seals-1st-s...074653716.html

Our country has lost its freaking mind, agreed.

New York is in for the Chicago experience. More homicides in Chicago last year than Afghanistan. :confused:

Hows that for Gun Control by the liberal socialists ?

Exactly seems like the twilight zone for the entire country.

Did you see this story

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/19/pennsylvania-girl-5-suspended-for-threatening-to-shoot-girl-with-pink-toy-gun/

milkmania
01-21-2013, 04:02 PM
This Speaker is a walking dead man simply because the gun misfired ...... :twocents:
click the video..... you can hear the gun misfire
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265002/Ahmed-Dogan-Heart-stopping-moment-man-pulls-gun-Bulgarian-opposition-leader-makes-speech-live-TV.html

thatsmrmastercraft
01-21-2013, 04:16 PM
What a dufus! Not only isn't he smart enough to buy decent ammo, but he got his a$$ kicked by a bunch of politicians.

milkmania
01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
What a dufus! Not only isn't he smart enough to buy decent ammo, but he got his a$$ kicked by a bunch of politicians.

how'd you like the ones that jumped in after he was on the ground?

and the dummy had two knives on him... it looks like if he was going for an all out balls to the wall assassination attempt, he would have had a knife in one hand and a gun in the other.... but, ICBW.... I don't really think like a bad guy all the time:(

milkmania
01-21-2013, 04:34 PM

the trick I use is to buy a couple of boxes a month whether I need them or not.
Local pawn shop lady text messages me when she gets mine in.
it's worked out pretty well.......... so far:o

I saw we've got a gun & knife show down the street on April 17 & 18, I'm probably going to stock up down there too.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-21-2013, 04:38 PM
how'd you like the ones that jumped in after he was on the ground?

and the dummy had two knives on him... it looks like if he was going for an all out balls to the wall assassination attempt, he would have had a knife in one hand and a gun in the other.... but, ICBW.... I don't really think like a bad guy all the time:(

Back-up gun is the correct way to go. Even more important to have some cajones. The dude was half the age and twice the size of everyone else there. He should have been able to toss them around to get to his target. What an utter and complete failure. Thankfully.

JimN
01-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Back-up gun is the correct way to go. Even more important to have some cajones. The dude was half the age and twice the size of everyone else there. He should have been able to toss them around to get to his target. What an utter and complete failure. Thankfully.

How much closer could he be than point-blank range? He got to his target- the only problem is he used bad ammo or the gun is faulty. I would see that as a failure by the security team to keep people from getting to the speaker, not a failure on the part of the would-be assassin.

mustangtexas
01-21-2013, 05:50 PM
That must have been a "Gun Free Zone" otherwise someone would have shot his ***.

captain planet
01-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Exactly seems like the twilight zone for the entire country.

Did you see this story

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/19/pennsylvania-girl-5-suspended-for-threatening-to-shoot-girl-with-pink-toy-gun/

For 'F'-sakes, somebody wake me up already!!! I feel like I'm in a bad remake of the wizard of Oz!

thatsmrmastercraft
01-21-2013, 08:35 PM
How much closer could he be than point-blank range? He got to his target- the only problem is he used bad ammo or the gun is faulty. I would see that as a failure by the security team to keep people from getting to the speaker, not a failure on the part of the would-be assassin.

My critique was solely addressing the shooter, as I saw no evidence of a security team. Perhaps they were out helping little old ladies cross the street?

JimN
01-21-2013, 09:03 PM
My critique was solely addressing the shooter, as I saw no evidence of a security team. Perhaps they were out helping little old ladies cross the street?

The article mentioned that he was subdued by security but apparently, they did a fine job of hiding in plain sight and blending into their surroundings by doing nothing to stop him before he tried to shoot. After the attempt, I imagine the head agent said "We should stop him" and the others said, "Well, maybe. I guess".

thatsmrmastercraft
01-21-2013, 09:16 PM
The article mentioned that he was subdued by security but apparently, they did a fine job of hiding in plain sight and blending into their surroundings by doing nothing to stop him before he tried to shoot. After the attempt, I imagine the head agent said "We should stop him" and the others said, "Well, maybe. I guess".

That's about it.

JimN
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
That's about it.

I'd like to see a training video.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-21-2013, 10:12 PM
I'd like to see a training video.

Couldn't find the video, but I think I found the cover photo from their brochure.

bbymgr
01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
I found the instructors!!!

JimN
01-21-2013, 11:21 PM
And here's the sheriff-

thatsmrmastercraft
01-22-2013, 12:29 AM
And here's the sheriff-

Not a chance. Yosemite Sam is way too effective.

JimN
01-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Not a chance. Yosemite Sam is way too effective.

How about this?

thatsmrmastercraft
01-22-2013, 11:08 AM
How about this?

Now you're on the right track. :D

mustangtexas
01-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Better hurry if you need them before they are gone. We got 650 today and will be gone fast. This will most likely be the best price you will find.

http://bit.ly/WdDi65

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Just picked this little guy up, Sig Sauer P238 .380 ACP will accompany it's big brother the Springfield 1911-A1 .45 ACP very nicely. Just something about the 1911 that seems timeless.

stuartmcnair
01-22-2013, 03:57 PM
I'll chime in a little late on this. When looking at a .40 or a 9 and you can't decide you should always go with the .40 for the simple fact that many of the .40's can easily be converted to a 9 by changing out the barrel. Can't go the other way.

I prefer a .45 but mainly because that is what my friend has a loader set up to do.

I'll also address that link above this one for AR magazines. That's pretty shi!!y trying to rip people off like that.

JDC
01-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Better hurry if you need them before they are gone. We got 650 today and will be gone fast. This will most likely be the best price you will find.

http://bit.ly/WdDi65AR-15 mags will never be gone... the price will just keep going up. Your 650 may sell, but there will always be someone to part with them at a price. :cool:

Here are a few links for those looking. There are many others if you poke around.
http://www.gunaccessories.com/Magazines/AR15_M16/AR-15_M16.asp
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemListing.aspx?catid=6652

At the current prices on the various makes, and sizes, I'm glad I have enough for mine. :)

JDC
01-22-2013, 05:02 PM
This may be subject matter for another thread but...

As I was poking around for links on AR-15 magazines, I found this...
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/we-stand-as-one-contact-congress-on-guns-email-your-contacts/

Sounds like Ma'am Feinstien is at it hard and heavy.
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons
Stopping the spread of deadly assault weapons

A portion of the link above reads:
Protects legitimate hunters (cough - bulls**t) and the rights of existing gun owners by:

*Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
**Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

-Background check of owner and any transferee;
-Type and serial number of the firearm;
-Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
-Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate -State or local law; and
-Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

All that sure sounds like the NFA transfer process and $200 tax stamp to me.

Press release:
Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress (http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=28d0c499-28ec-42a7-902d-ebf318d46d02)

I've always felt sure that stuff like this would never gain traction, but lately... I'm not so sure.
Get involved to help stop it.

JimN
01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
This may be subject matter for another thread but...

As I was poking around for links on AR-15 magazines, I found this...
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/we-stand-as-one-contact-congress-on-guns-email-your-contacts/

Sounds like Ma'am Feinstien is at it hard and heavy.
http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons
Stopping the spread of deadly assault weapons

A portion of the link above reads:
Protects legitimate hunters (cough - bulls**t) and the rights of existing gun owners by:

*Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
**Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:

-Background check of owner and any transferee;
-Type and serial number of the firearm;
-Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
-Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate -State or local law; and
-Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

All that sure sounds like the NFA transfer process and $200 tax stamp to me.

Press release:
Feinstein to Introduce Updated Assault Weapons Bill in New Congress (http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=28d0c499-28ec-42a7-902d-ebf318d46d02)

I've always felt sure that stuff like this would never gain traction, but lately... I'm not so sure.
Get involved to help stop it.

The only difference between the Stamp Act that caused problems in November of 1765 is that the government was across the ocean. FWIW, it was repealed in March of 1766.

JDC
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
The only difference between the Stamp Act that caused problems in November of 1765 is that the government was across the ocean. FWIW, it was repealed in March of 1766.Not sure what your referring to as I'm not familiar with the Stamp Act.
I was referring to the National Firearms Act of 1968 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act). It costs me $200 for a tax stamp and a big hassle transfer process each time I buy certain types of firearms.

It sounds like Ma'am Feinstien is trying to apply those rules to all currently owned non-NFA (Title II) type firearms.

mustangtexas
01-22-2013, 07:32 PM
AR-15 mags will never be gone... the price will just keep going up. Your 650 may sell, but there will always be someone to part with them at a price. :cool:

At the current prices on the various makes, and sizes, I'm glad I have enough for mine. :)

Your right, they will never be gone but the availability of new (large capacity) mags may be short lived in certain areas as has already been proven in NY. The ones we listed today as in stock are already half gone. Our margins have not changed. The cost to us from the supplier has. The other website you listed where items may be considered cheaper than the product on the earths surface has greatly increased their margins to take advantage of the current situation thus the same mag there is $120+ while we are at $55 with free shipping. Check out our full site to see who we are and who we serve at www.defendersupply.com

JDC
01-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Your right, they will never be gone but the availability of new (large capacity) mags may be short lived in certain areas as has already been proven in NY. The ones we listed today as in stock are already half gone. Our margins have not changed. The cost to us from the supplier has. The other website you listed where items may be considered cheaper than the product on the earths surface has greatly increased their margins to take advantage of the current situation thus the same mag there is $120+ while we are at $55 with free shipping. Check out our full site to see who we are and who we serve at www.defendersupply.comWhere is the same Center Industries mag from the Cheap/Dirt store at $120+? I see used crap Colt mags at $129, but I'm not stupid enough to pay that. :uglyhamme

Footin
01-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Just ordered my Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm, should have it in a week or so.

This is my first gun.

clrussell
01-22-2013, 08:44 PM

This is my first gun.

Very nice, you won't be dissappointed!

Anyone have a smith and Wesson airweight?? I'm thinking about one for back up

Tapatalk

captain planet
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
Very nice, you won't be dissappointed!

Anyone have a smith and Wesson airweight?? I'm thinking about one for back up

Tapatalk

I have a 38 special airweight 638. Nice gun.

captain planet
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM

This is my first gun.

Full sized or compact?

Footin
01-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Full sized or compact?

Full Sized

aquaman
01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
My newest wheel gun.....357 Rossi 3"

stuartmcnair
01-24-2013, 11:12 AM
My newest wheel gun.....357 Rossi 3"

What did that set you back?

aquaman
01-24-2013, 11:18 AM
I think it was $279 at Academy.

Nothing fancy but functional. Can use .357 or 38 special rounds.

stuartmcnair
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM
I have the 4" stainless version of that and a friend wants to buy it...so thanks for the research into pricing...now I don't have to look it up

mustangtexas
01-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Going tomorrow to do the renewal course for Texas CHL.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-25-2013, 02:29 PM
http://fox6now.com/2013/01/25/sheriff-clarke-calling-911-and-waiting-is-no-longer-your-best-option/

Click on the link and hear what the Milwaukee County Sheriff says in his Public Service Announcement!

mustangtexas
01-25-2013, 05:15 PM
http://fox6now.com/2013/01/25/sheriff-clarke-calling-911-and-waiting-is-no-longer-your-best-option/

Click on the link and hear what the Milwaukee County Sheriff says in his Public Service Announcement!

The Sheriff is right. You would think what he said is common sense but most people are passive enough that they need to be told by someone in authority.

mustangtexas
01-27-2013, 03:02 AM
Completed my CHL renewal today and during the shooting portion a ladies Springfield .45 cal misfired blowing out the top right side of the grip and splitting it down to the bottom of the magazine well. She had a good size burn, small cut and major bruising to her right hand. She was taken to the hospital where X-rays showed a fractured hand. She told the range master that her husband reloads and likes "them hot". I'm sure that will be a topic of discussion in that house for some time.

2RLAKE
01-27-2013, 08:13 AM
The Sheriff is right. You would think what he said is common sense but most people are passive enough that they need to be told by someone in authority.

awesome message from a great sheriff ... that's my motto

thatsmrmastercraft
01-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Completed my CHL renewal today and during the shooting portion a ladies Springfield .45 cal misfired blowing out the top right side of the grip and splitting it down to the bottom of the magazine well. She had a good size burn, small cut and major bruising to her right hand. She was taken to the hospital where X-rays showed a fractured hand. She told the range master that her husband reloads and likes "them hot". I'm sure that will be a topic of discussion in that house for some time.

He will be permanently in the doghouse. And I suspect everything other than his handloads will be cold as ice for some time.:rolleyes:

JimN
01-27-2013, 12:01 PM

The easiest way to avoid becoming "collateral damage" here in MKE is by avoiding an area bounded by Green Bay Ave on the East, Silver Spring Dr on the North, 76th St on the West and the Menomonee Valley on the South, with another bad area going NW along Appleton Ave to Granville Rd. Another area that has a good amount of violence is the lower South Side.

His comments go along with the adage "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away". No offense to the Police or other Law Enforcement, but criminals tend to be on a schedule which means they won't wait and we can't have officers in front of every house, nor do we need that. What we need is for people to stop reacting violently to situations that don't call for it and for those who have mental illness to be recognized and treated for it, not ignored. I think many of us have known someone who committed a violent act or suicide and whether we expected it, or not, something should have been noticed, by someone.

I don't want it to come to the point of people calling to say that someone they're mad at is crazy, but if someone goes around talking, shouting and muttering when no one else is around, they're either practicing for a play or a bit off-kilter. We don't need the 'Thought Police' either, but if someone talks about doing something bad and begins to stock up on whatever would make it possible, someone has to say/do something about it.

JimN
01-27-2013, 12:06 PM

Does her husband run around, beating his chest and yodeling, like Tarzan? What an idiot! His ignorance broke/burned her hand and ruined a weapon. If he ever has to shoot someone, I'll bet he hits someone on the other side of a wall, or the rounds go through the person, instead of stopping, like they should. I suppose he always loads with FMJ, too. :rolleyes:

stuartmcnair
01-28-2013, 12:24 PM

Idiot. You should never load outside the parameters of what the load manual states.

milkmania
02-02-2013, 08:35 PM
on a trip to Fayetteville, AR, in a store window last night:headbang:

thatsmrmastercraft
02-02-2013, 09:17 PM
on a trip to Fayetteville, AR, in a store window last night:headbang:

I love that sign!

ski/hunt
02-02-2013, 11:13 PM
I would shop there!!! I'd even buy one of those back-scratchers or something there--even if I didn't need it!! My kind of place.....

milkmania
02-03-2013, 12:58 AM
I would shop there!!! I'd even buy one of those back-scratchers or something there--even if I didn't need it!! My kind of place.....

I'll snap you a pic of the big Arkansas Razorback Boar they have, stuffed and mounted in there.... Pretty wicked looking.!!!!

edit:
Actually, I found one on their facebook page...... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hilltop-Travel-Center/102324516482327
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/313072_229535770427867_6556065_n.jpg

JimN
02-03-2013, 04:30 AM
I'll snap you a pic of the big Arkansas Razorback Boar they have, stuffed and mounted in there.... Pretty wicked looking.!!!!

edit:
Actually, I found one on their facebook page...... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hilltop-Travel-Center/102324516482327
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/313072_229535770427867_6556065_n.jpg

I want one of those big, foam fingers!

mustangtexas
02-11-2013, 10:21 PM
I was in the Lewisville, TX Academy Sports & Outdoors yesterday and they had a handful of pistols in the case. They had the Sig 2022 in .40S&W at $459.00 so I bought it. It was the last one of ten they got in on Saturday night. I had just come from Bass Pro in Grapevine where the gun counter was bare. A few revolvers but that was it. I was a bit shocked to see all the holders in the case empty. The gun sales people were standing around with their arms crossed with nothing to do. I talked to one of them and he said they are afraid some may be laid-off due to no product to sell.

What are you seeing as far as availability in your area?

clrussell
02-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Mostly still available it seems here, a lot of small stores here.. They have raised prices on what they have though

Tapatalk

CruisinGA
02-11-2013, 10:51 PM
I have to travel to PA tomorrow, looking forward to dropping in the Cabela's there to see what they have. We don't have a Cabela's store in GA or any neighboring state

GT500 MC
02-12-2013, 09:48 AM
I was in the Lewisville, TX Academy Sports & Outdoors yesterday and they had a handful of pistols in the case. They had the Sig 2022 in .40S&W at $459.00 so I bought it. It was the last one of ten they got in on Saturday night. I had just come from Bass Pro in Grapevine where the gun counter was bare. A few revolvers but that was it. I was a bit shocked to see all the holders in the case empty. The gun sales people were standing around with their arms crossed with nothing to do. I talked to one of them and he said they are afraid some may be laid-off due to no product to sell.

What are you seeing as far as availability in your area?

Same here in CO. I've been looking the past month or so for a s&w .40 shield and finally was able to find one last week and bought on the spot. However, in Bass Pro yesterday and 3 full glass display cases empty, except for a handful of 6" revolvers. Ammo 95% depleted. The small, local dealers seem to be the more reliable places to look right now. Items are not lasting long but at least they seem to be getting them in. The big places seem to be getting nothing---or my timing just sucks.

milkmania
02-12-2013, 11:13 AM
JimN,

PM me your address....

milkmania
02-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Arkansas Open Carry....
You're one of 7 states left
don't forget to tell your congressman you want open carry
http://www.arkansascarry.com/

http://www.fox16.com/news/story/Open-carry-gun-law/80fRRvNYaE-UtSATj8qxXw.cspx

homer12
04-30-2013, 11:29 PM
got a new carry piece - just waiting for the paperwork now to make it legal. :cool: