PDA

View Full Version : WTB '02 or '03 Prostar 197

tls
09-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Looking to buy a 2002 or 2003 Prostar 197. Looking for something in good condition with reasonably low hours for its age. Tower, bimini, & perfect pass a plus, but not necessary. Ready to buy and would be willing to travel (eastern US) for the right boat.

Swibby69
09-30-2012, 02:36 PM
if you need a companion for a road trip just let me know!

tls
10-21-2012, 01:50 PM
Proud owner of a beautiful 2003 Prostar 197 TT. I'm very appreciative of the previous owner, kyfooter, for taking exceptional care of the boat, and for graciously sharing his knowledge and expertise with me. Thank you!

zsqure
10-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Congrats:toast: Join us next summer for the Buckeye Bash!

kyfooter
10-24-2012, 01:07 PM
It was a very, very sad day. My wife cried as tls took it to a new home. Makes it a little easier to know the boat is going to a good home though. As I read some of the issues with the newer boats, I'm even more appreciative of the great, trouble-free times our 2003 197 gave us. With just under 400 hours, our boat still had all original parts and started and ran like the day we brought it home back in 2003. These boats are built to last, as long as you take care of them and do the basics.

Best of luck with it tls. You know how to get in touch with me if something comes up.

cincyskier
10-24-2012, 01:42 PM
It was a very, very sad day. My wife cried as tls took it to a new home. Makes it a little easier to know the boat is going to a good home though.

What he said^^^^ I spent many hours in, behind or beside that boat from the day it was brought home. And as mentioned, it was one of the best cared for boats out there. Enjoy it!

onejdgreen
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Proud owner of a beautiful 2003 Prostar 197 TT. I'm very appreciative of the previous owner, kyfooter, for taking exceptional care of the boat, and for graciously sharing his knowledge and expertise with me. Thank you!

Congrats on the purchase! Dont be a stranger on here, lots of good people and good conversations!

tls
10-25-2012, 10:04 PM
It was a very, very sad day. My wife cried as tls took it to a new home. Makes it a little easier to know the boat is going to a good home though. As I read some of the issues with the newer boats, I'm even more appreciative of the great, trouble-free times our 2003 197 gave us. With just under 400 hours, our boat still had all original parts and started and ran like the day we brought it home back in 2003. These boats are built to last, as long as you take care of them and do the basics.

Best of luck with it tls. You know how to get in touch with me if something comes up.

kyfooter, you can be assured it will be well cared for. You and your family will always have an open invitation to come out on the boat anytime you are up in northeast Ohio...

Double D
10-25-2012, 11:06 PM
kyfooter, you can be assured it will be well cared for. You and your family will always have an open invitation to come out on the boat anytime you are up in northeast Ohio...

Congrats on the boat! One of my favorites!! First boat or moving from something else? You didn't sell that 190 a few months ago did you?? Where abouts in North Canton?

We have a good contingent of MasterCraft (and others) guys in NorthEast Ohio and specifically around Massillon, North Canton and Akron with a good dealer (www.bhmtrilakes.com) up off 76 in Rootstown (you probably now that), plus all the great Buckeye Bash folks. All willing to answer questions through here or maybe share/combine rides. Heck, I wanted to go out today since it was 80 degrees!!! Friggen job gets in the way!

tls
10-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Congrats on the boat! One of my favorites!! First boat or moving from something else?

I recently sold a 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited. Great family boat, but we really couldn't ski behind it. Now that the kids are learning to ski, we felt it was time to make a change. I'd been thinking of maybe getting a 214 in a couple of years, but I couldn't wait that long...

You didn't sell that 190 a few months ago did you?? Where abouts in North Canton?

That was my friend (Swibby69) who lives across the street from me. He sold a '95 190 and also bought an '03 197 earlier this spring. We live about a 2 miles east of the airport.

We have a good contingent of MasterCraft (and others) guys in NorthEast Ohio and specifically around Massillon, North Canton and Akron with a good dealer (www.bhmtrilakes.com) up off 76 in Rootstown (you probably now that), plus all the great Buckeye Bash folks. All willing to answer questions through here or maybe share/combine rides. Heck, I wanted to go out today since it was 80 degrees!!! Friggen job gets in the way!

It's nice to know there are some local guys. I had talked to jkski a couple times by PM, and saw that you, zsqure, and captain planet were in the area. We'll have to get out together on the water in the spring!

Double D
10-26-2012, 08:59 AM
I recently sold a 2008 Yamaha 232 Limited. Great family boat, but we really couldn't ski behind it. Now that the kids are learning to ski, we felt it was time to make a change. I'd been thinking of maybe getting a 214 in a couple of years, but I couldn't wait that long...

That was my friend (Swibby69) who lives across the street from me. He sold a '95 190 and also bought an '03 197 earlier this spring. We live about a 2 miles east of the airport.

It's nice to know there are some local guys. I had talked to jkski a couple times by PM, and saw that you, zsqure, and captain planet were in the area. We'll have to get out together on the water in the spring!

Where do you and Swibby ski/boat at normally? jkski/mgboyd25 are WestBranch guys and CP, me and my brother (SN) are Berlin guys. Zsqure is ready for either since he was a newbie last year but Berlin sucked this year due to the limited rain! :rolleyes:

Double D
10-26-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh, and by the way, GO BEARS!!! Beat Hoover!! :)

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

Swibby69
10-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Go Vikings!!!

Double D
10-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Is there a score???

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

Double D
10-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Is there a score???

Forget it, we suck! :rolleyes:

zsqure
10-27-2012, 08:00 AM
The first 5 minutes were good though. Too many interceptions were thrown by the backup QB from our side.

tls
10-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Double D,

We go to West Branch and Salt Fork alot. I've got a friend who has an old sport nautique docked on a private lake off of Middlebranch & 55th. We usually do most of our slalom skiing there. Swibby belongs to the boat club out at Milton. How do you like Berlin? Where do you usually put in at? Main part of lake or southwest end? Aside from this year, how deep is the lake usually? I had always heard it was kind of shallow with some submerged stumps...

Double D
10-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Double D,

We go to West Branch and Salt Fork alot. I've got a friend who has an old sport nautique docked on a private lake off of Middlebranch & 55th. We usually do most of our slalom skiing there. Swibby belongs to the boat club out at Milton. How do you like Berlin? Where do you usually put in at? Main part of lake or southwest end? Aside from this year, how deep is the lake usually? I had always heard it was kind of shallow with some submerged stumps...

TLS, we also go to Salt Fork when the families go or Berlin is too low, which is most of this year. WE have also hooked up with our Buckeye Bash friends from Columbus at Salt Fork.

I'm pretty sure I know the lake your talking about. Calls311 lives on that lake and has a dark blue X1. I need to be better friends with him! :D

We (my brother and I) like Berlin the best because of the channel, the river part at the Southwest end. Best place to ski when your dealing with public. We used to put in at the dirt ramp at the Southwest end, but its not trailer friendly and as the water drops its harder to get in/out, so we started putting in by the damn (Northeast end) and just drive all the way back over to the channel.

Depending on where you are on Berlin, and the current depth, depends on how safe you are from stumps. When referring to the channel you need to know the lay of the land but its perfect when the water level is at or above 1024 elevation, which can be checked daily at 330.547.5445. Once it gets below that you need to know the area. Below 1019-1020, its time to stay somewhere else unless you can see underwater.

When the water is as low as this year even Westbranch is not safe. I heard about plenty of stump/rock hits there, including Hondaprlud in his SN.

I would be glad to give you the Berlin tour next spring if interested. Just let me know.

tls
10-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Yep, we are talking about the same lake. I know Calls311 as well. I didn't know he was on this forum. I'd seen him out on the lake from time to time & finally met him this past year - he's a nice guy.

Great info about Berlin lake. I'd definitely like the tour in the spring. I've skied on the southwest part of the lake once with a friend who belongs to a private campground up there with access to a private ramp. Seemed like a nice, relatively protected area with few other boaters. I'm told their is a slalom course somewhere on that part of the lake - not sure if that's true, and whether it is a public or private course.

Double D
10-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Yep, we are talking about the same lake. I know Calls311 as well. I didn't know he was on this forum. I'd seen him out on the lake from time to time & finally met him this past year - he's a nice guy.

Great info about Berlin lake. I'd definitely like the tour in the spring. I've skied on the southwest part of the lake once with a friend who belongs to a private campground up there with access to a private ramp. Seemed like a nice, relatively protected area with few other boaters. I'm told their is a slalom course somewhere on that part of the lake - not sure if that's true, and whether it is a public or private course.

Private Camp Ground with Ramp. Somebody else I need to befriend! :D

I have heard there was someone that used to put a course out there a while ago but have not seen one out there for many years. I know Captain Planet picked up one and was trying to get approval to put it up on Berlin. We'll see how he fairs.