09-29-2012, 08:31 PM
What is MCOCD?

MasterCraft Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder

mikeg205
09-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Ok...what's the scale based on? :D

GoneBoatN
09-29-2012, 10:49 PM
I guess since I constantly get comments from the wife of "you love your boat more than me" and "you spend more time with the boat more than with me", all in jest of course, I'll take that as a clue that I should say yes I have MCOCD.

On a scale of 1-10, given what I read here, I'm not a 10 but I appear to be working towards that direction. Since I tend to be OCD in the first place, it is good to have a constructive outlet!

mikeg205
09-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Okay how about if wash you bilge by hand and keep all the hoses and fuel lines clean on top of your boat boat being spotless, and your wife/girlfriend gets a little irritated when you do stuff with the boat, and wish you had more cash to make her like new any chance you can, and spend hours reading about what the best motor oil would be for your flat tappet power plant would be - your a 10 - sitting in your MC in the off season with a cocktail making engine noises makes you an automatic 10...:D

joyner1020
09-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Thanks Mike , Glad to learn that im an automatic 10 ....She used to let me make my motorboat noises in the bedroom , now she makes me do it in the garage by myself ...:noface: ...It was at this point I went ahead and replaced my wallet pic of my wife with one of the boat .. I sleep on the couch now because it comfy , atleast thats what I keep telling myself anyway !!

DooSPX
09-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I am a 10 on the MCOCD scale. Anyone who has seen my boat can tell off the bat. lol

Double D
09-30-2012, 06:20 PM
10, no doubt!

medicmoose
09-30-2012, 07:43 PM
My top 10 reasons why I am a 10 on the scale:

1) I spend more time applying wax to it than I do riding in it.

2) I purchased a $1,000 rim and tire and mounted it to the trailer, not because I tow it any distance far enough to warrant keeping a spare...but because it just makes the trailer look better.

3) We went on vacation and I forgot to lock the front door of house but I made sure the trailer lock was securing in place.

4) Shoes on board...HELL NO!! Don't even look at it while wearing shoes.

5) Under my "favorites" tab on the computer...the "Mastercraft favorites" outnumber my "work favorites" 3:1

6) I had to tell my wife that we need more Q-tips...not for us, but to put in the garage for cleaning the boat.

7) When setting up our on-line electronic banking accounts, I made sure to have one labelled "boat stuff" but forgot to allocate any funds for "presents for wife".

8) When I get the boat wrapped for the winter I stay at the shop to observe to make sure they cover the maximum amount of boat to minimize sun damage.

9) The cupboard filled with detailing products is twice as big as the beer fridge beside it.

10) The thought of having any damage occur to my boat while out on the lake causes greater physical reactions than any other normal life stresses!!

A little MCOCD??? Yup, that just spills over from my regular OCD ;)

byronic
09-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Why are we adding the "D", I think it should just be MCOC. It's not a disorder ,it's a lifestyle!

Kyle
09-30-2012, 09:25 PM
First off it is a disorder.......how many of you guys have had blow outs with the significant other over the boat having to be just right before you go to bed at night??? The "You love the boat more than me....." BS comments etc. Trust me its a disorder but a darn good one to have. I call it protecting your investment.

SkiDog
09-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Okay how about if wash you bilge by hand and keep all the hoses and fuel lines clean on top of your boat boat being spotless, and your wife/girlfriend gets a little irritated when you do stuff with the boat, and wish you had more cash to make her like new any chance you can, and spend hours reading about what the best motor oil would be for your flat tappet power plant would be - your a 10 - sitting in your MC in the off season with a cocktail making engine noises makes you an automatic 10...:D

Does pulling the engine to clean the bilge count. i USED to do that. Not any more. I got smart.:D

Kyle
09-30-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm a level 10

My boat does have imperfections as it is 20 years old and I am not the original owner. That being said it is not 100% flawless but real freaking close.

1) RARELY do I allow food on the boat. Most of the time it is beer or water.

2) NO SHOES. If someone comes out their first time and wear shoes I politely say no shoes worn in the boat and if they don't listen they don't get invited back.

3) I wipe her down after every use and remove ALL water spots. Yes ALL of them

4) If anything needs attention or replacing I make sure it is done with top notch quality work.

5) I do NOT allow ANYONE to work on my boat as far as fixing something or any maintenance. If the task is too large for me to do alone I find another Mastercraft owner to give me a hand.

6) Oil change and record files are kept on my boat.

7) I have all $$$$$ spent on my boat documented.

8) Everything in my boat has its own designated spot and after each use everything must be hung up to dry and then stowed back in its spot.

9) She is kept in storage when I'm not using her under a remote controlled ceiling fan.

10) Not only do I keep a trailer tongue lock on her at all times, I keep two buffalo locks (different keys) on the door to the storage. If the door had room for three locks then I would have another lock added.

That's about it for now.

medicmoose
09-30-2012, 11:03 PM
10) Not only do I keep a trailer tongue lock on her at all times, I keep two buffalo locks (different keys) on the door to the storage. If the door had room for three locks then I would have another lock added.

I see I still have much to learn 8p

mikeg205
09-30-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm a level 10

My boat does have imperfections as it is 20 years old and I am not the original owner. That being said it is not 100% flawless but real freaking close.

1) RARELY do I allow food on the boat. Most of the time it is beer or water.

2) NO SHOES. If someone comes out their first time and wear shoes I politely say no shoes worn in the boat and if they don't listen they don't get invited back.

3) I wipe her down after every use and remove ALL water spots. Yes ALL of them

4) If anything needs attention or replacing I make sure it is done with top notch quality work.

5) I do NOT allow ANYONE to work on my boat as far as fixing something or any maintenance. If the task is too large for me to do alone I find another Mastercraft owner to give me a hand.

6) Oil change and record files are kept on my boat.

7) I have all $$$$$ spent on my boat documented.

8) Everything in my boat has its own designated spot and after each use everything must be hung up to dry and then stowed back in its spot.

9) She is kept in storage when I'm not using her under a remote controlled ceiling fan.

That's about it for now.

11) No freakin' wasp will get near the boat... :)

mikeg205
09-30-2012, 11:16 PM
My top 10 reasons why I am a 10 on the scale:

1) I spend more time applying wax to it than I do riding in it.

2) I purchased a $1,000 rim and tire and mounted it to the trailer, not because I tow it any distance far enough to warrant keeping a spare...but because it just makes the trailer look better.

3) We went on vacation and I forgot to lock the front door of house but I made sure the trailer lock was securing in place.

4) Shoes on board...HELL NO!! Don't even look at it while wearing shoes.

5) Under my "favorites" tab on the computer...the "Mastercraft favorites" outnumber my "work favorites" 3:1

6) I had to tell my wife that we need more Q-tips...not for us, but to put in the garage for cleaning the boat.

7) When setting up our on-line electronic banking accounts, I made sure to have one labelled "boat stuff" but forgot to allocate any funds for "presents for wife".

8) When I get the boat wrapped for the winter I stay at the shop to observe to make sure they cover the maximum amount of boat to minimize sun damage.

9) The cupboard filled with detailing products is twice as big as the beer fridge beside it.

10) The thought of having any damage occur to my boat while out on the lake causes greater physical reactions than any other normal life stresses!!

A little MCOCD??? Yup, that just spills over from my regular OCD ;)

Too funny...how did you survive not having the "presents for wife category?"

mikeg205
09-30-2012, 11:24 PM
Ok I will ad my level 10 top ten.

1) Boat always goes back in garage when done using it...(before wife's car)

2) Lay on back multiple times a year to wax hull.

3) Inspect trailer brakes before each 100+ trip..like pull the drum and take a look.

4) Polish the engine alignment screw and washer

5) Change the oil at 30hrs - just becuz...

6) Wash and wax boat before car

7) Start a refurb project just becuz...

8) Laying in bed think about boat

9) Laying in bed thinking about skiing behind boat

10) My MC friends now out number my non-MC friends (wife MC friend by default...:) )

Kyle
10-01-2012, 12:10 AM
11) No freakin' wasp will get near the boat... :)

LOL very true.

Crickets on the other hand must go. I'm going to try and bomb out the unit tomorrow.

mikeg205
10-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Oh I forgot...I say good night to my MC.. :D

SP Maristar
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Polished the prop, rudder, and even the jack after being inspired by the Maristar Man Chronicles thread.

I am better now because I realize I won't always have that much time on my hands.

Ok, so I am really not fine with not having enough time but I'm working on it.

Maybe I am not better.

TxsRiverRat
10-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm like a 2 on the MCOCD meter...

I prefer to ski than to baby and work on it

u bet shes wet
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
After an ice storm knocked out power to the house and the heated shed where "my baby" (wife's words) is stored I quickly fired up the generator and powered up the shed before the house. The boat was winterized, but didn't want her to catch cold and for that I will never live it down, "that the boat was more important than her". With that I would say I am pushing a 10.

TxsRiverRat
10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
The boat doesn’t give you guilt trips does it? ;)

u bet shes wet
10-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Not at all, but when the boat gets wiped down and waxed after each trip the wife is the first one rubbing her down but she will never admit to being MCOCD. She is a solid 7. Would be more but the reminders of the shed heater bring her down a couple. LOL

mikeg205
10-01-2012, 10:30 PM

But...will you ski behind something else or do you prefer an MC...may take you up a notch... or do you make sure your MC is in perfect condition so your ski sets are the best they can be...that would be 2 notches - so you're may be a 4 already. Hanging around this forum gives you a +1 so now your minimum a 5...:D

Kyle
10-01-2012, 11:23 PM
But...will you ski behind something else or do you prefer an MC...may take you up a notch... or do you make sure your MC is in perfect condition so your ski sets are the best they can be...that would be 2 notches - so you're may be a 4 already. Hanging around this forum gives you a +1 so now your minimum a 5...:D

Trust me.......he is a 2

His list of "to do's" for this winter is piling up on me. After I teach him some MCOCD maybe we can bump him up on the level count. The list needs to start getting shorter first :D

mikeg205
10-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Trust me.......he is a 2

His list of "to do's" for this winter is piling up on me. After I teach him some MCOCD maybe we can bump him up on the level count. The list needs to start getting shorter first :D

So you're MCOCD is spilling onto another's MC so Kyle you're an 11?

Kyle
10-02-2012, 01:09 AM
So you're MCOCD is spilling onto another's MC so Kyle you're an 11?

Lets just say my friend here is not real handy when it comes to fixing things. He has the ability but is afraid to eff things up so let's say they don't get done.

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm an 11. I would say the more training he gets the less work I will have to do to maintain his boat. His engine was built by me and some transmission work done by me for no charge, but the polishing waxing he can learn to do. The man loves his boat but is so afraid of messing it up that he really doesn't do anything but use it and change the oil and wipe it down.

He wants to update things so it will be good to help him and learn him a thing or two :) he knows he will be doing the work with me not watching me lol

mikeg205
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Okay..took it up a notch..... watched episodes of Motorz on www.motorz.tv...started with this one... http://www.motorz.tv/blog/3426/small-block-teardown/ just to get a look inside the ole 350... watched all 4 episodes in 1 sitting... :D

TxsRiverRat
10-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Lets just say my friend here is not real handy when it comes to fixing things. He has the ability but is afraid to eff things up so let's say they don't get done.

I wouldn't necessarily say I'm an 11. I would say the more training he gets the less work I will have to do to maintain his boat. His engine was built by me and some transmission work done by me for no charge, but the polishing waxing he can learn to do. The man loves his boat but is so afraid of messing it up that he really doesn't do anything but use it and change the oil and wipe it down.

He wants to update things so it will be good to help him and learn him a thing or two :) he knows he will be doing the work with me not watching me lol

And it's appreciated :toast::toast::toast::toast:

See you tonight.

MC

mikeg205
10-03-2012, 04:12 PM
And it's appreciated :toast::toast::toast::toast:

See you tonight.

MC

I could see my wife...in this situation... she'd say - "who's comin' over - again?" Is he bringin' beer? - if yes...then its cool.... just sayin':D

TxsRiverRat
10-03-2012, 05:33 PM
I could see my wife...in this situation... she'd say - "who's comin' over - again?" Is he bringin' beer? - if yes...then its cool.... just sayin':D

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/quesr.jpg

Any questions? :D

mikeg205
10-03-2012, 06:56 PM
well that makes it crystal clear...

Kyle
10-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Ok, so I had to take Mark from a level 2 MCOCD down to a level 1 MCOCD the other day. "Man, I cant go work on the boat tonight because my girl friend BLAH BLAH BLAH BS......"

Then all of the sudden I get another text saying "See you at 6:30" so I gave him a warning and let him stay at level 2 MCOCD just because I felt so bad and could not really leave him with a pathetic level 1 MCOCD.

Today I feel that he deserves another point, so I am generously giving him 1 point to boost him to a level 3 MCOCD. He has bought a bunch of items for the boat and has texted me all evening on the color to use on his project. I figure that after a few weeks on stressing out about color, was my final decision right or wrong, and letting the true MCOCD kick in that he may be ready for level 4 MCOCD.

For now he is level 3 MCOCD

Congratulations Mark : TxsRiverRat

onejdgreen
10-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Top Ten Reasons I am MCOCD

1. No food in the boat period. I don't care how hot you are, no food.

2. No shoes. You don't get a one time free pass on that one. If you don't want to take them off, see you when we get back, have fun watching from the dock.

3. Anyone who stands on the back cover/seat while wet gets pushed back in the lake everytime until they figure out, maybe I shouldn't do that. Maybe I should stand on this teak platform and dry off before climbing back into the boat.

4. No sand. My 5 yr old niece can remember this and will yell at you more then I will. No sand.

5. No colored beverages. Water, great. Beer, perfect, the more the merrier. But you open a orange pop on my boat you better plan on drinking that in the lake...

6. When its your turn to ski and you are in the water, don't pull the rope towards you, I will bring you the handle. Ok this isn't about the boat it drives me batsh!t crazy when I look back and I see someone sitting in the water pulling the rope towards them possibly creating a knot in my rope because they can't wait the 10 seconds it takes for me to pull the handle to them with the boat! I feel better now...

7. Do NOT step on the seats unless you absolutely have to. I don't step on the seats of your Corvette or Cadillac Escalade so don't step on my mine. You could find yourself swimming real quick...

8. Everything has its place in my boat and a correct way to put it in there. If you don't know where and how, ask me I will tell you or do it myself.

9. No smoking in my boat. I don't care that we are outdoors, no smoking in my boat.

10. My boat, my rules. Rules are subject to change and addition. Don't like them, go find someone else to pull you.

Willski
10-09-2012, 11:36 AM

2. No shoes. You don't get a one time free pass on that one. If you don't want to take them off, see you when we get back, have fun watching from the dock.

3. Anyone who stands on the back cover/seat while wet gets pushed back in the lake everytime until they figure out, maybe I shouldn't do that. Maybe I should stand on this teak platform and dry off before climbing back into the boat.

4. No sand. My 5 yr old niece can remember this and will yell at you more then I will. No sand.

5. No colored beverages. Water, great. Beer, perfect, the more the merrier. But you open a orange pop on my boat you better plan on drinking that in the lake...

6. When its your turn to ski and you are in the water, don't pull the rope towards you, I will bring you the handle. Ok this isn't about the boat it drives me batsh!t crazy when I look back and I see someone sitting in the water pulling the rope towards them possibly creating a knot in my rope because they can't wait the 10 seconds it takes for me to pull the handle to them with the boat! I feel better now...

7. Do NOT step on the seats unless you absolutely have to. I don't step on the seats of your Corvette or Cadillac Escalade so don't step on my mine. You could find yourself swimming real quick...

8. Everything has its place in my boat and a correct way to put it in there. If you don't know where and how, ask me I will tell you or do it myself.

9. No smoking in my boat. I don't care that we are outdoors, no smoking in my boat.

10. My boat, my rules. Rules are subject to change and addition. Don't like them, go find someone else to pull you.

This should be laminated and handed out to all passengers.

Covi
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Wow. That was perfect.

vrsc
10-09-2012, 10:04 PM

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!;)

mzimme
10-09-2012, 10:23 PM
My boats been winterized since last Wednesday... and been washed 3 times since. Never put in the water between then either.

MCOCD is a problem. Especially when you have to drive 20 miles to the storage facility, drag it 20 miles back, then do that all over again to return the boat that same time to it's "lair".

sully
10-09-2012, 10:42 PM
What level are you at if you wax the bottom of the boat and the trailer twice a year?

Kyle
10-10-2012, 02:49 AM
What level are you at if you wax the bottom of the boat and the trailer twice a year?

I'm gunna guess pretty high up on the MCOCD :D

mikeg205
10-10-2012, 08:48 AM

Glad I am not the only one... :D

onewheat
10-10-2012, 05:04 PM
5. No colored beverages. Water, great. Beer, perfect, the more the merrier.

I get most of these rules - beer DOES have a color though. :)

Why would you WANT to wear shoes on a boat? I prefer no shoes all the time.

An uncoated wake rope will give you rope burn quicker than you can say "Ow shucks! (or something similar)" - I will pull a rope through my hands almost every time to avoid having that rope slide around me or through my hands - never had a knot because of it.

I'm not sure I get the no standing on upholstery thing - I like to keep it to a "relative" minimum, but since there are no shoes, what does a bare foot hurt? A knee has a smaller footprint than a foot does, so it is more PSI on the cushion than standing is. The ONLY place my upholstery shows any wear after 500+ hours is the rear seat corners and that is cushion smashing, due to someone ALWAYS sitting there. My center rear seat cushion gets walked on and so does the sunpad as people get in and out of the water and they look great. The only way I see to avoid damaging the upholstery, based on the wear in my boat is no sitting on the seats either, or having a constant seat rotation so they all wear completely evenly.

TxsRiverRat
10-10-2012, 05:38 PM
The last person that brought red gatorade on my boat was the last person to bring red gatorade on my boat! And I agree – no smoking on board! get back on the @#$%^ing dock for either of those... with the deteriorating condition of my interior, I had relaxed the shoes rule, but not for 2013 when I have new upholstery – no shoes on board at all.

A few rules I have with my boat:

1. Don’t throw stuff like a SKI or something else that could do damage. Place it nicely or leave it on shore

2. Help clean up the boat after its out of the water

3. EASE into the water when you’re about to ski – I don’t want the transom dinged by the ski

4. My boat runs on gas, not thanks – I’m not trying to turn a profit, but u should pay for your sets and maybe contribute a buck towards lunch or an oil change.

5. don’t volunteer my boat for club events, or don’t automatically assume I am going to bring it. and if I do, don’t b—ch when I tell u the per set price. skiing is not cheap anymore and I spent at least $2k before even cranking my motor each year.

6. Don’t assume that because you’ve driven for me in the course that you can take my boat while we’re all at the lake to pull someone else just because I’m there

7. Don’t be late to the lake when it takes me 1:15 to drive out and launch

8. Don't cancel the day of and think I can find a replacement driver

Kyle
10-10-2012, 06:53 PM
The last person that brought red gatorade on my boat was the last person to bring red gatorade on my boat! And I agree – no smoking on board! get back on the @#$%^ing dock for either of those... with the deteriorating condition of my interior, I had relaxed the shoes rule, but not for 2013 when I have new upholstery – no shoes on board at all.

A few rules I have with my boat:

1. Don’t throw stuff like a SKI or something else that could do damage. Place it nicely or leave it on shore

2. Help clean up the boat after its out of the water

3. EASE into the water when you’re about to ski – I don’t want the transom dinged by the ski

4. My boat runs on gas, not thanks – I’m not trying to turn a profit, but u should pay for your sets and maybe contribute a buck towards lunch or an oil change.

5. don’t volunteer my boat for club events, or don’t automatically assume I am going to bring it. and if I do, don’t b—ch when I tell u the per set price. skiing is not cheap anymore and I spent at least $2k before even cranking my motor each year.

6. Don’t assume that because you’ve driven for me in the course that you can take my boat while we’re all at the lake to pull someone else just because I’m there

7. Don’t be late to the lake when it takes me 1:15 to drive out and launch

8. Don't cancel the day of and think I can find a replacement driver

I WILL drive your boat any time I see fit.

I WILL drink coke on your boat.

I WILL smoke cigarettes on the platform while sitting down.

I WILL also NOT pay for my SETS.

So how do you like them apples birch.

19_Skier
10-10-2012, 06:59 PM

I may have to print these out. My rules were a little lax this year compared to this however, I don't see anyone else offering to help me clean the boat this fall which means come next spring, the rules will be AT LEAST this strict!

TxsRiverRat
10-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I WILL drive your boat any time I see fit.

I WILL drink coke on your boat.

I WILL smoke cigarettes on the platform while sitting down.

I WILL also NOT pay for my SETS.

So how do you like them apples birch.

Coke is not red and staining, only sticky. Just remember, no beer, we have a substance abuse policy.

The platform is not 'on board"

Don't lie, we've traded that same $10 bill back and forth between boats for the last 9 years....

Now back off - i'm just as mean as u are birch

onejdgreen
10-10-2012, 07:03 PM
I get most of these rules - beer DOES have a color though. :)

Why would you WANT to wear shoes on a boat? I prefer no shoes all the time.

An uncoated wake rope will give you rope burn quicker than you can say "Ow shucks! (or something similar)" - I will pull a rope through my hands almost every time to avoid having that rope slide around me or through my hands - never had a knot because of it.

I'm not sure I get the no standing on upholstery thing - I like to keep it to a "relative" minimum, but since there are no shoes, what does a bare foot hurt? A knee has a smaller footprint than a foot does, so it is more PSI on the cushion than standing is. The ONLY place my upholstery shows any wear after 500+ hours is the rear seat corners and that is cushion smashing, due to someone ALWAYS sitting there. My center rear seat cushion gets walked on and so does the sunpad as people get in and out of the water and they look great. The only way I see to avoid damaging the upholstery, based on the wear in my boat is no sitting on the seats either, or having a constant seat rotation so they all wear completely evenly.

See rule #10 again....

Kyle
10-10-2012, 07:16 PM
Coke is not red and staining, only sticky. Just remember, no beer, we have a substance abuse policy.

The platform is not 'on board"

Don't lie, we've traded that same $10 bill back and forth between boats for the last 9 years....

Now back off - i'm just as mean as u are birch

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Im glad we are still clear

TxsRiverRat
10-10-2012, 07:18 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Im glad we are still clear

http://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif

pram
10-10-2012, 07:21 PM

I am with you on this one.

I spray and wipe down the boat when it comes out of the water.

I fix **** that breaks, if I don't need it fixed, I don't need it in the boat

No orange, red or popcorn twists

If you can't get the food in your mouth each time, eat over the side of the boat

Please don't put any holes in my upholstery

No smoking in the boat

this list makes me a 2 possibly a 3 but no more than that

I put 67+ hours on my boat this summer, I don't have time for all the BS everyone else does to their boats, I am too busy using it to wax the bilge

Kyle
10-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Alright I must tell a funny on one of our members Taymc190

So we are out on the lake in our boats and decide to take one last sky ski run before dark. We take everyone back to the beach area and drop them off at my boat and we leave out on his.

His gf at the time had this kid that brought out a box of gold fish crackers or cheesits I cant remember (I dont allow snacks like that or screaming, rude, monster, kids either)

so we start skiing and I get pulled over. Lake police says Turn on your lights. I said they are on. He said no they are not. I said Sir the lights are on. Now he comes closer and I get my ars up and go check the lights. They were not on. So he said well be careful and since you have no navigation lights make sure you get off of the lake before dark.

So we decide to go get everyone at my boat instead of pushing it anymore and skiing after dark.

Taylor gets in and knocks over the crackers and they go everywhere. I am talking the entire box of those bastards were all over his boat.

The Tanturm that he threw was priceless. Lets say that if I had that on video I would never have to work again.

TxsRiverRat
10-10-2012, 07:44 PM
http://s16.postimage.org/dpid5vqar/screencap_1349908940305.png

http://postimage.org/image/9gdn3pn1d/

:D

onewheat
10-11-2012, 12:41 AM
See rule #10 again....

I'm not arguing with your rules (see #10) - just asking what standing on a seat in bare feet does to the seat. I don't understand the problem?

DooSPX
10-11-2012, 09:21 AM
The problem is it stretches the skins and will eventually pull the threads out of the seams.

mzimme
10-11-2012, 10:15 AM
I'd have to say I'm not as hardcore as some of you guys.

I always have a giant box of goldfish to snack on
I don't care if people step on my seat to get in and out
I do put towels down on my seats
I don't allow smoking in the boat
I don't throw a fit if someone gets in the boat with their shoes on
I towel my boat off after each use
I wash it every couple of uses
I wax it once a month
I check my fluids before I fire the boat up
I spend no more than 3 minutes at the boat ramp
I vacuum the boat out if it gets dirty

Generally I take good care of the things that I "invest" in. I've had a lot of toys for my young age, and never have I been told anythng but "wow, I can't believe how clean this is for its age" which means I'm doing something right.

I think taking care of the boat and being completely anal are two separate things. If I were some of your kids, I probably would skip boating with the fam due to Dad being an anal retentive d-bag... but that's just me. I'd rather have fun, assist in others having fun, and accept the fact that sometimes you might have to vacuum out the boat after you eat lunch on it. Not worth stressing over IMO.

Nick911
10-11-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't really have any rules on my boat, except the standard safety ones. I bought it for my family and friends to enjoy it. Otherwise it's just a hunk of metal and plastic and they build new ones everyday.

TayMC197
10-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Alright I must tell a funny on one of our members Taymc190

So we are out on the lake in our boats and decide to take one last sky ski run before dark. We take everyone back to the beach area and drop them off at my boat and we leave out on his.

His gf at the time had this kid that brought out a box of gold fish crackers or cheesits I cant remember (I dont allow snacks like that or screaming, rude, monster, kids either)

so we start skiing and I get pulled over. Lake police says Turn on your lights. I said they are on. He said no they are not. I said Sir the lights are on. Now he comes closer and I get my ars up and go check the lights. They were not on. So he said well be careful and since you have no navigation lights make sure you get off of the lake before dark.

So we decide to go get everyone at my boat instead of pushing it anymore and skiing after dark.

Taylor gets in and knocks over the crackers and they go everywhere. I am talking the entire box of those bastards were all over his boat.

The Tanturm that he threw was priceless. Lets say that if I had that on video I would never have to work again.

Main reason I was pissed cause I made a point of telling her, not to bring them. Then she did, so I was like thats fine just don't eat them in the boat and pick up your mess. She didn't eat them in the boat but leaves the open box in the floor to be stepped on or knocked over. Lets just say we don't have to worry about her anymore. I left a memorial for her on the Darkside.. :D

Phntmski
10-11-2012, 12:05 PM

No orange, red or popcorn twists

If you can't get the food in your mouth each time, eat over the side of the boat

Please don't put any holes in my upholstery

No smoking in the boat

this list makes me a 2 possibly a 3 but no more than that

I put 67+ hours on my boat this summer, I don't have time for all the BS everyone else does to their boats, I am too busy using it to wax the bilge

I lean toward this myself Pram. My boat was a little beat up when I got her in '04, not too bad. I keep her clean and plan on prettying her up a little more this winter. I just want her fully functional. That's how she shines. Thanks to Kyle, Acme and PP Stargazer she pulls like a tractor. I put in a new steering cable and helm. She drives like a sports car. She's gone 82 hours so far this season. Stand to go a few more before shutting her down.

I enjoy pulling skiers almost as much as I enjoy skiing behind her. When someone new to my boat goes out the first time, or really someone who hasn't been out in her this year, I almost always hear comments on how bad *** she is. Gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling. :D

Probably do some serious trailer upgrading in a couple years.

Bottom line, I'm blessed in so many ways.

pram
10-11-2012, 12:22 PM
I don't really have any rules on my boat, except the standard safety ones. I bought it for my family and friends to enjoy it. Otherwise it's just a hunk of metal and plastic and they build new ones everyday.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

TxsRiverRat
10-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I enjoy pulling skiers almost as much as I enjoy skiing behind her. When someone new to my boat goes out the first time, or really someone who hasn't been out in her this year, I almost always hear comments on how bad *** she is. Gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling. :D

You're just OCD about your DRIVER! "Pull up parallel to the green bouys! More! More! More!”

And God help us all if any other boat should accidentally idle into yours!

http://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif

pram
10-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Is it ok if it just floats into his boat as opposed to being under power?

TxsRiverRat
10-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Is it ok if it just floats into his boat as opposed to being under power?

It would probably only result in 10 fewer F-bombs! :D

The person that idled into his boat last year won the coveted Broken Ski Award!

Click here for BSA History (http://media.wix.com/ugd//9301d6_b3a992fd392eb7e45252ea702696f7bc.pdf)

pram
10-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Lucky they didn't win the coveted broken nose award :lol:

Phntmski
10-11-2012, 01:19 PM
You're just OCD about your DRIVER! "Pull up parallel to the green bouys! More! More! More!”

And God help us all if any other boat should accidentally idle into yours!

As for the driver - thus the word "functional".

He did not idle into my boat, he T-boned her while ACCELERATING!

TxsRiverRat
10-11-2012, 01:20 PM
LOL

I've been nominated 2x and should have won it 3x. The year I was 1st nominated, I literally broke my ski - the fin just ripped off like a piece of paper. Luckily, one our our show skiers wrecked into shore breaking his kneeboard and doing a few cartwheels. I was determined though, and the very next year, not only did i wreck my trailer into a t-post, i broke all my toes when a boat trailer jack gave way and broke all my toes... Foot was so swollen, I couldnt put my foot into a binding and had to ski standing on a kneeboard Jan 1st.

Last year, I was a shoe-in, but my close friends protected me... I clipped the GFs stall door with her tower and mangled it. Trying to hammer it back into track, I smashed my finger really bad... I bet it would have been the 1st time the President of the club won the award lol

We do have one gentleman that's won it 3x though...

And surprisingly enough, wasp boy has never won it.

MC

TxsRiverRat
10-11-2012, 01:24 PM
As for the driver - thus the word "functional".

He did not idle into my boat, he T-boned her while ACCELERATING!

Scott, it's almost not so much about what happened, but your reaction. You are so level headed 99.9% of the time, I just wish I had a video of you in a rage LOL

Kyle
10-26-2012, 01:42 PM
I created a monster with TxsRiverRat.

I mean he is like the brother I never had. Calls/texts every day about nonsense and risqué women, shoot the chit all day trying not to be bored at work, text material only allowed on the DS, crack dirty jokes, and talk major chit about our ex's.

Since he has taken his boat apart he has had this major OCD come into his life and he is going crazy. I mean all I get are boat texts now. Boat this boat that blah blah blah. The man needs to slow down before he hurts himself. His major boat overhaul will be done in a matter of days if he keeps on rushing this winter project.

Slow down buddy and enjoy the MCOCD. It's a lifestyle not something you rush along with. MCOCD is very serious and nothing to fool around with.

Now start sending the risqué texts again.

Btw I am rewarding him a few more MCOCD credits. I am moving him from level 3 to level 7 on the MCOCD scale.

Congratulations Mark

TxsRiverRat
10-26-2012, 01:48 PM

I mean he is like the brother I never had. Calls/texts every day about nonsense and risqué women, shoot the chit all day trying not to be bored at work, text material only allowed on the DS, crack dirty jokes, and talk major chit about our ex's.

Since he has taken his boat apart he has had this major OCD come into his life and he is going crazy. I mean all I get are boat texts now. Boat this boat that blah blah blah. The man needs to slow down before he hurts himself. His major boat overhaul will be done in a matter of days if he keeps on rushing this winter project.

Slow down buddy and enjoy the MCOCD. It's a lifestyle not something you rush along with. MCOCD is very serious and nothing to fool around with.

Btw I am rewarding him a few more MCOCD credits. I am moving him from level 3 to level 7 on the MCOCD scale.

Congratulations Mark

LMFAO - thanks bro...

lets kill some coronas this weekend :D

mzimme
10-26-2012, 02:50 PM

Congratulations Mark

LMFAO - thanks bro...

lets kill some coronas this weekend :D

There is some major man crush action going on here. You guys need to get a room for the weird chit that's gonna happen after you slam all those Coronas. Good thing you're not in Tennesee... I'd call you ButtChuggers. :D

thatsmrmastercraft
10-26-2012, 02:54 PM
There is some major man crush action going on here. You guys need to get a room for the weird chit that's gonna happen after you slam all those Coronas. Good thing you're not in Tennesee... I'd call you ButtChuggers. :D

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

TxsRiverRat
10-26-2012, 03:26 PM
LOL - aint no buttchuggin goin on around here - if we were going to do that, we'd use malt liquor, yo!

I sat there lookin at my boat all taken apart and she looked all sad... I just want to get her put back together sooner than later :)

mikeg205
10-26-2012, 05:07 PM

You guys need to start a youtube series...just might go viral......:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

mikeg205
10-26-2012, 05:08 PM
LOL - aint no buttchuggin goin on around here - if we were going to do that, we'd use malt liquor, yo!

I sat there lookin at my boat all taken apart and she looked all sad... I just want to get her put back together sooner than later :)

Ain't took apart unless their pic's...... you know the rules...

93Prostar190
11-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Ok ... this may be my worst example to date ... (even the though the company is not related) here goes ...

Me and Mrs. 93Prostar190 have been shopping for a replace rear entry door (for our house! .... you dirty minded old dudes.)

and anyways ... we went to Lowes .... nothing ... Home Depot ... nothing ... then Menards and they have .... you guessed it Mastercraft Doors ... so guess what ....We just bought a Mastercraft Door for our house ... yep.... that is how ridiculous I am ... I could not pass up on it ... called it fate right there in front of my wife. ....

I also hugged my boat this morning as it sat in the garage hibernating ....

Step#1 is admitting the problem,
Step#2 is buying some MC swag.
Step#3 has to do with the motorboat noises .

Peace.

TxsRiverRat
11-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I also hugged my boat this morning as it sat in the garage hibernating ....

man, had to read that twice, I thought you said humped!

:banana: :banana::banana::banana:

93Prostar190
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM
man, had to read that twice, I thought you said humped!

:banana: :banana::banana::banana:

Whatever it takes!

Stx221
11-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Generally I take good care of the things that I "invest" in. I've had a lot of toys for my young age, and never have I been told anythng but "wow, I can't believe how clean this is for its age" which means I'm doing something right.

I'd rather have fun, assist in others having fun, and accept the fact that sometimes you might have to vacuum out the boat after you eat lunch on it. Not worth stressing over IMO.

I agree on many accounts here. When you get a comment from a friend with a really nice $65-70k go fast boat that is 8 years old comment on how clean your 17 year old boat that was a fraction of the price is, you become a little more aware about the pride that you take in keeping it clean.

Honestly, there are two ways I have fun in my boat:
1) Being on a rope behind it doing any number of watersports activities. Yes, tubing is definitely one of them even though it is at the bottom of the list.
2) Seeing friends and family having a great time skiing, tubing, wakeboarding or just relaxing and having a great time. A great memory of the boat was one day this summer with two long time and very close friends of mine. We spent a couple hours getting one of my friends up on a wakeboard (complete newbie to anything behind a boat) for the first time. Then also getting another back up on two skis after an 8 year hiatus. Very cool to see both of them as ecstatic as they were about their accomplishments.

I keep her clean and plan on prettying her up a little more this winter. I just want her fully functional. That's how she shines.

Bottom line, I'm blessed in so many ways.

See my comment above. I love that warm fuzzy feeling when someone really likes the boat. I especially love the comments when they see the LT1 'under the hood'. I too feel very blessed to be able to have the means to people having fun on a lake in the summer.

I did 72+ hours (very similar to your amount) this summer and was the same way. Too much time spent doing everything else in this thing called life than to be too anal about things other than keeping it up to certain standards.

That is not to say that I don't keep it extra clean and in the best mechanical shape that I am able. I had it covered for the last month 'winterized' just in case there wasn't another nice day to get out. After a month, the typical crap accumulated under the cover and things were not as clean as normal. A friend made a comment that it was dirty compared to normal. Honestly, it was still cleaner than plenty of other boats I have seen. Like mzimme, at my younger age I have had a few toys and they all stay very clean and functional even though some have higher miles or hours and have been ridden hard and put away wet at times.8p

I'd say I fall into the MCOCD scale at about a 6. Crazy enough to keep it extra clean and mechanically sound, but bring whatever you want to eat on board. Just know that I make the rules and they can change at any time.

My basic rules:

You spill it, you clean it.
Take your shoes off at the dock or ramp if weather is warm enough. If it is too cold to take your shoes/sandals off, just don't step on the seats please.
Know that you may be asked to take care of just about anything while on the water (pulling in ski ropes, helping tie a line at a dock, grabbing a ski or towel from under the bow, handing over the next cold beverage...)
I put all the gas in the boat and truck and don't expect anything in return except for you to have a good time. No good time, you might not be coming back..
Not quite a rule, but I LOVE it when someone offers to help wipe down the boat or cover it when we get home. Even though I rarely utilize that offer in its fullest capacity, those people always get invited back.

Edit: The other way you know? You spent 20 minutes writing a post for this thread and could really go on for hours...
I think this thread shows a lot about peoples personalities.

trickskier
11-08-2012, 05:25 PM
I use to be extremely OCD about my previous boat as you can see by the pics below :D

mzimme
11-08-2012, 05:43 PM
^^ I think that's an understatement. Looks great!

carlsonwa
11-08-2012, 05:54 PM
whats going on in that last picture? How did you get your trailer out from under the boat. and 2nd what are those huge white blocks?

trickskier
11-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Love my new boat - It still gets a lot of TLC but I spend more time on the H2o instead of polishing the brass!!! :D

trickskier
11-08-2012, 06:07 PM
^^ I think that's an understatement. Looks great!

Thanks!!! :D

trickskier
11-08-2012, 06:11 PM
whats going on in that last picture? How did you get your trailer out from under the boat. and 2nd what are those huge white blocks?

That's how OCD I was - MasterCraft use to have boat owners reunions and your boat would be on display at Cypress Gardens and be judged. I would take the boat off the trailer to polish the fins and wax the bottom. I used a floor jack to get the boat off the trailer and the blocks are styrofoam.

Ski-me
11-08-2012, 06:32 PM
I did it once to powdercoat my trailer....scary scene until I got the trailer back under there!~

Sodar
11-08-2012, 06:33 PM
I did it once to powdercoat my trailer....scary scene until I got the trailer back under there!~

Those jack stands do look a bit precarious! :eek:

Phntmski
11-08-2012, 06:47 PM
That's a brave man right there.

:worthy:

mikeg205
11-08-2012, 07:38 PM
That's a brave man right there.

:worthy:

had a scary thought...wife comes in from garage and says...hon...you need to come to garage I swear I just touched the MC...I swear... I think there was an earthquake...you check the boat..I am going to call the USGS to see what the number was... :eek3::eek3:

Covi
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM

Check out the yellow lab in the reflection. Don't let it lie down under the boat!

clrussell
11-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Check out the yellow lab in the reflection. Don't let it lie down under the boat!

You have better eyes than me! I never saw it until you said that

Sent by the new iPhone 5!

Kyle
02-18-2014, 12:12 AM
It's about that time to fire up the ole MCOCD lol

thatsmrmastercraft
02-18-2014, 12:29 AM
Like it isn't fired up enough already......:rant:

scott023
02-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Like it isn't fired up enough already......:rant:

Never settles, does it? :cool:

mikeg205
02-18-2014, 12:40 AM
Yeah - colored lug nuts a definite must have.. :) ---

Tristarboarder
02-18-2014, 12:49 AM
Wait till the temps rise above 50-60, and the snow melts and the Sun comes out.....oh yeah, MCOCD will be rampant...soap, wax, buffing, polishing, buffer pads, tire shine stuff, vinyl protectant, Q- tips, sanding, vacuuming, wheel prep, bearing grease, summerizing, cooler washing, glass cleaning, tower polishing, sound system upgrades, tow vehicle cleaning, wakesurf waxing, ski prep, dusting off wakeboards, charging and/or reinstalling batteries, testing for leaks, hooking up ballast hoses, reinstalling ballast bags with connections, etc. etc. etc......can't wait!

mikeg205
02-18-2014, 12:52 AM
my new leaf springs still in box :(

Tristarboarder
02-18-2014, 01:15 AM
Damn, I forgot teak prep/sand/stain/polish

Kyle
02-18-2014, 08:22 PM
So I was telling a co worker I could not go hit golf balls today after work because I have a ski club meeting. He said I wanna check out your boat so bad this summer. I said why wait when we can go check it out at lunch. So we jammed a few songs and then stopped by fast food on the way back.

Double D
02-18-2014, 08:56 PM
So I was telling a co worker I could not go hit golf balls today after work because I have a ski club meeting. He said I wanna check out your boat so bad this summer. I said why wait when we can go check it out at lunch. So we jammed a few songs and then stopped by fast food on the way back.

I bet he was hard of hearing after that visit!!! :rolleyes:

TayMC197
02-19-2014, 09:01 AM
It's not as load as it used to be. Sub hits really hard but not near like it did.

epnault
02-19-2014, 09:43 AM
I added a second MasterCraft and purchased it over the phone when it was -19 outside in January.

Tristarboarder
02-19-2014, 11:08 AM
I like your style Epnault

aquaman
02-19-2014, 11:11 AM
I added a second MasterCraft and purchased it over the phone when it was -19 outside in January.

Pics of the new boat ?

thatsmrmastercraft
02-19-2014, 11:26 AM
My MCOCD almost makes me drive to Mike's house and detail his tire and wheel and take a new picture every time I see this. Sorry man...............I just had to say it. :o

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=106338&stc=1&d=1392698442

epnault
02-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Pics of the new boat ?

You got it. Based on my wife's reaction, I believe outside of this forum most will not understand the reasoning for 2 boats. Glad I am good company, ha ha

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=58921

Kyle
02-20-2014, 08:30 PM
It's not as load as it used to be. Sub hits really hard but not near like it did.

Lmao

Now dats funny.

atihanyi
02-20-2014, 10:17 PM
You guys have no idea what epnault went thru to get that second boat !

mikeg205
02-21-2014, 12:24 AM
My MCOCD almost makes me drive to Mike's house and detail his tire and wheel and take a new picture every time I see this. Sorry man...............I just had to say it. :o

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=106338&stc=1&d=1392698442

Ok - I will do it this weekend.. :) - oh the shame - I am not worthy.. :)

thatsmrmastercraft
02-21-2014, 12:25 AM
Ok - I will do it this weekend.. :) - oh the shame - I am not worthy.. :)

Sorry to throw you under the bus, but I just couldn't help myself. Blame the MCOCD:firejump:

mikeg205
02-21-2014, 12:27 AM
Sorry to throw you under the bus, but I just couldn't help myself. Blame the MCOCD:firejump:

We need to keep each accountable... or would that be enabled ;)

thatsmrmastercraft
02-21-2014, 12:31 AM
We need to keep each accountable... or would that be enabled ;)

I guess those are interchangeable in this instance. http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif.pagespeed.ce.QAghYzd6w_.gif

mikeg205
02-21-2014, 12:52 AM
I guess those are interchangeable in this instance. http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif.pagespeed.ce.QAghYzd6w_.gif

mikeg205
02-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Ok Peter I could stand it anymore.. ;)

thatsmrmastercraft
02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Ok Peter I could stand it anymore.. ;)

Well done, sir. :toast:

Kyle
03-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Calling Scott023

Welcome to your first day of MCOCD therapy!!! I hope this thread will assist you in coping with your disorder. Have a good day. :D

Traxx822
03-17-2014, 11:57 AM
Calling Scott023

Welcome to your first day of MCOCD therapy!!! I hope this thread will assist you in coping with your disorder. Have a good day. :D

Hahahahahaha

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

thatsmrmastercraft
03-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Calling Scott023

We will find out if he is coping well if we see pics of all those parts removed from his interior.;)

Kyle
03-17-2014, 12:23 PM
We will find out if he is coping well if we see pics of all those parts removed from his interior.;)

No kidding, and maybe starting on his complete interior detail :)

Waterskibum
03-17-2014, 01:25 PM
I need to add a few of my compulsives to this already lengthy list:
1. Bilge gets cleaned by hand frequently and polished at least twice a year. God forbid there is anything dirty in there.
2. Trailer gets completely polished as often as the boat (at least every other week during Summer, and a couple times during the Winter, just because)
3. Interior gets conditioned after every outing
4. Beach towels on dashboard to keep sun from fading it
5. Parts are chromed on the motor that no one can even see; but I know they are there!
Ok about it for now :D

02ProstarSammyD
03-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Win of the weekend. Kept asking the wifey to pick me up some extra toothbrushes since she does the grocery shopping. It was time to clean the boat up for spring so I just used hers to clean hoses/pulleys. She got kind of mad but at least I put it back after using it.

scott023
03-17-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm here, thanks for the warm welcome. ;)

Traxx822
03-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Can you be on both extreme's? I'd say on certain things I am probably one of the most relaxed owners you will meet. On the other hand, if you have seen my MC, you would have no doubt I have full blown MCOCD.

We should bring back the TA Cleaner thread

02ProstarSammyD
03-17-2014, 03:14 PM
seconded.....also the creator should get a nobel prize

thatsmrmastercraft
03-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Win of the weekend. Kept asking the wifey to pick me up some extra toothbrushes since she does the grocery shopping. It was time to clean the boat up for spring so I just used hers to clean hoses/pulleys. She got kind of mad but at least I put it back after using it.

You used a dirty toothbrush on your engine :eek: :eek: :eek:

atthelake
03-17-2014, 03:40 PM
I don't think it's OCD but my little "list of things" would look something like this:

No shoes, except for me and my Sanuks that have no grip, whatsoever, left on the sole.

Food and drink is fine. I do point out there is a trillion gallons of water literally within reach at all times. Oh, and there are two bottles of eco-friendly hand soap within reaching distance they can use to wash up after. We don't do alot of eating on the boat due to the fact that we are always, at the most, within 4 miles from the cabin.

A little spray wax maybe once, sometimes twice a week.

Clean and condition the vinyl maybe three times a week.

Pull out the carpet and give it a good lake wash, maybe once a week.

Windex the windshield, maybe twice or three times a week. Usually just wipe it down everyday.

Organize glove compartment and storage areas maybe three times a week.

Re-torque rub rail screws at the most once/month. Well any screws I can see anyways. There's some I check that belong to parts I have no idea what they are even called.

All these things are done on my own time, just me and a spicy Caesar, or three!

02ProstarSammyD
03-17-2014, 03:46 PM
You used a dirty toothbrush on your engine
Now that you mention it I'm kind of disgusted

scott023
03-17-2014, 03:50 PM
You used a dirty toothbrush on your engine :eek: :eek: :eek:

:uglyhamme

thatsmrmastercraft
03-17-2014, 03:53 PM
I don't think it's OCD but my little "list of things" would look something like this:

No shoes, except for me and my Sanuks that have no grip, whatsoever, left on the sole.

Food and drink is fine. I do point out there is a trillion gallons of water literally within reach at all times. Oh, and there are two bottles of eco-friendly hand soap within reaching distance they can use to wash up after. We don't do alot of eating on the boat due to the fact that we are always, at the most, within 4 miles from the cabin.

A little spray wax maybe once, sometimes twice a week.

Clean and condition the vinyl maybe three times a week.

Pull out the carpet and give it a good lake wash, maybe once a week.

Windex the windshield, maybe twice or three times a week. Usually just wipe it down everyday.

Organize glove compartment and storage areas maybe three times a week.

Re-torque rub rail screws at the most once/month. Well any screws I can see anyways. There's some I check that belong to parts I have no idea what they are even called.

All these things are done on my own time, just me and a spicy Caesar, or three!

It is hard to get past the denial stage.

Hi, my name is Peter and I have MCOCD.

Jayhawk
03-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Can you be on both extreme's? I'd say on certain things I am probably one of the most relaxed owners you will meet. On the other hand, if you have seen my MC, you would have no doubt I have full blown MCOCD.

We should bring back the TA Cleaner thread

I'm the same way. Have three kids so the name of the game is Fun while out on the water. When we get home, I just grab a few beers, a bag of microfiber towels, TA, 303, etc. and get her ready for the next outing.

atthelake
03-17-2014, 04:23 PM
It is hard to get past the denial stage.

Hi, my name is Peter and I have MCOCD.

Hahahahaha!! Well, maybe just a little. But it doesn't get in the way of my relationship with my wife, J-something? I'm sure it starts with a J...:D

thatsmrmastercraft
03-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Hahahahaha!! Well, maybe just a little. But it doesn't get in the way of my relationship with my wife, J-something? I'm sure it starts with a J...:D

Traxx822
03-17-2014, 04:30 PM
I'm the same way. Have three kids so the name of the game is Fun while out on the water. When we get home, I just grab a few beers, a bag of microfiber towels, TA, 303, etc. and get her ready for the next outing.

Fun is the name of the game ... That's what it's all about. ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Kyle
03-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Here is my shine

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/29/6u5enuma.jpg

Table Rocker
03-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Here is my shine

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/29/6u5enuma.jpg
Looking good.

Kyle
03-28-2014, 05:30 PM

DooSPX
03-29-2014, 09:33 AM
Some ridiculous BS there bud. My friends account got hacked too. It was the same as what you went through.

neil.anderson63
03-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Kyle, Love the DEEP glossy shine! Stay thirsty my friend, stay thirsty.:D

mikeg205
04-02-2014, 10:46 PM
LOL - MC OCD make an EBAY ad.. you could get a 5.0 efi in an MC?

thatsmrmastercraft
04-02-2014, 11:23 PM
LOL - MC OCD make an EBAY ad.. you could get a 5.0 efi in an MC?

5.0 has been a standard engine from day one of MC. Then it was a Ford 302.....more recently the GM version. Over the years, it has been the base engine. Probably had something to do with price. I don't think it has been available for quite a while. Certainly a repower option.

mikeg205
04-02-2014, 11:35 PM
5.0 has been a standard engine from day one of MC. Then it was a Ford 302.....more recently the GM version. Over the years, it has been the base engine. Probably had something to do with price. I don't think it has been available for quite a while. Certainly a repower option.

Thought 5.7TBI was the base engine... no mention of 5.0 in my manual.

thatsmrmastercraft
04-03-2014, 12:59 AM
Thought 5.7TBI was the base engine... no mention of 5.0 in my manual.

Interesting. The owner said he was a MC employee so I am inclined to believe him. I know I have seen other boats from the 90's that had 5.0 engines and were a tough sell because of it.

302 ford was the base engine through 1982, and I think through 1985.

mikeg205
04-03-2014, 08:50 AM
I have seen 302's ... Time to do some reading😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeg205
06-19-2014, 12:12 PM
ratchet up the MCOCD with an portable oil tester... ;)

http://www.spectrosci.com/products/product/q1100/

Kyle
06-19-2014, 12:16 PM
ratchet up the MCOCD with an portable oil tester... ;)

http://www.spectrosci.com/products/product/q1100/

Nice. Wonder if it will tell the owners what oil is best. Lol

I can't watch the vid from phone. I guess I will turn on the computer and check it out.

mikeg205
06-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Nice. Wonder if it will tell the owners what oil is best. Lol

I can't watch the vid from phone. I guess I will turn on the computer and check it out.

$19K ;)

Waterskibum
06-19-2014, 01:17 PM
Mike you are taking this to a whole different level :D $19K? Maybe we all can just buy one and share it!

mikeg205
06-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Mike you are taking this to a whole different level :D $19K? Maybe we all can just buy one and share it!

funny I saw a webinar come thru linkedin.. and the MCOCD went off lol....

I can see it now... after a few runs... pick ya up in a second... got to do a spectro test on oil... doh!