PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard instructors in Phoenix

kgrove
09-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Anyone know of any wakeboard instructors in Phoenix? Especially any that would be good with kids? I'm thinking about putting together sort of a self designed camp like one of the schools/camps in Forida for several boys and need one or two guys capable of teaching 8-14 year olds (and maybe one 45 year old). I can host it on my boat - just need the expertise.

FrankSchwab
09-29-2012, 12:40 AM
Ooh, I don't know anyone here, but my son (age 11) would surely appreciate one...

/frank

AZX9
09-29-2012, 05:59 PM
My daughter just started wakeboarding and might like instruction. You have an x9 right?

kgrove
09-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Me or Frank? I have an X15.

I started thinking about it just for my kids, but the I ventured into thinking about it almost like a summer camp.... Like 7am to noon for a week with half a dozen or a dozen kids rotating through. Instructors would come to my boat (or multiple or alternating boats if you guys are interested in exploring the idea) and work with the kids for a week. I'm not trying to make money on it, just trying to make it cheaper to get instruction. I thought about reaching out to the Wakedevils, ASU's wakeboarding team, but being good at wakeboarding and being good at instructing kids are not the same thing. I had one name from several years back that I might try and see if he is still instructing.