PDA

View Full Version : He tried to get me!!!!!

milkmania
09-28-2012, 03:45 PM
was watching a squirrel gathering pecans yesterday....
I've never seen one bury nuts in the ground before. He buried 9 pecans before I decided to get a picture of him.
Walked up to tree, I figured he'd run.... but noooooo....... little bastage acted like he wanted to jump on me. I knew if he did, i was going to jump and scream like a girl:o

guess he's getting ready for winter:confused:

GT500 MC
09-28-2012, 03:49 PM
That middle pic is scary. Looks like he's coming for your eyes. Was he foaming at the mouth???

ahhudgins
09-28-2012, 04:10 PM
I've had "pet" squirrels in my back yard for many years. Once they know I am giving them free food they will follow me around the yard and come to the sliding door at the kitchen. I tame them so they will sit on my knee and eat, and my neighbor will put seeds out on his deck too...but he is too scared to touch one. Then he kills them with a BB gun when they get on his bird feeder.:mad:

ski_king
09-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Squirrels, like most of us, are very protective of their nuts.

dfmaus
09-28-2012, 04:24 PM
launch him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjYLRLwphcs

mzimme
09-28-2012, 04:25 PM
I shoot those bastards every chance I get. They've dug into the roof of the house so much that we have sheet metal around soffit areas. Hell, they started chewing holes through the wood shingles. Tried live traps, still wasn't taking care of the problem even driving 5 miles away to dump the squirrel in a new area. Purchased a high powered pellet gun from Cabelas with a nice scope on it and the bastards stand no chance these days. I pick them off as they're running along the fence, or while they're innocently playing tag with each other and they stop for a few seconds.

When they get hit, they jump about 6 feet straigh up into the air and do barrel rolls. Pretty impressive to say the least. If I get a good shot off, they don't move after the hit.

GoneBoatN
09-28-2012, 04:44 PM
... Tried live traps, still wasn't taking care of the problem even driving 5 miles away to dump the squirrel in a new area...

I went through that as well. Seemed as if for everyone I deported, two more would show up. My neighbor has an apple tree and squirrels just love apples. Funny, the answer was to just cut the trees back away from the roof as they are not able to scale my stucco sided house.

They constantly dig holes to bury nuts in the back yard. That has never really bother me but now we have a little Yorkie that chases them away.

CantRepeat
09-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Little bastards try to eat my tomatoes!! I pump them full of lead every chance I get!

GT500 MC
09-28-2012, 06:53 PM
Little bastards try to eat my tomatoes!! I pump them full of lead every chance I get!

They're squirrels man, not buffalo. How much lead can you put in one???:rolleyes:

CantRepeat
09-28-2012, 07:24 PM
They're squirrels man, not buffalo. How much lead can you put in one???:rolleyes:

.177 for each one!

The big pointy one on back right!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Air-gun-pellets.jpg

Just so you know, they taste like chicken.

GT500 MC
09-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Too much work to clean 'em for the little amount of meat. I'll go after a fat rabbit, but squirrels are too much work.

GoneBoatN
09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
... they taste like chicken...

I use to hunt as a kid. Settled for squirrel if I had too. Really does taste like chicken!

mikeg205
09-28-2012, 08:44 PM
how about gopher....reminds from the movie "brother where are thou" - care for some gopher? and the piece of meat was stuck on a stick....lol

millpondkid
09-28-2012, 11:47 PM
I was fined over 400 dollars for shooting one in town when it was living in the porch attic of my aunts rental. Lost hunting and fishing for 3 yrs also, glad I wasn't in my home state.I HATE SQUIRRELS

scott023
09-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Another stimulating thread Milk. :uglyhamme

medicmoose
09-30-2012, 07:30 AM

Your tomatoes?? :D

NatesGr8
10-01-2012, 10:52 AM
we saved a squirrel that was trying to swim across the river this weekend. Had him climb up on the tube (don't worry, only used for filming) and then ferried him the rest of the way. I've never seen a squirrel swim, then we saw two this weekend, one saturday and one sunday.

CruisinGA
10-01-2012, 12:06 PM
we saved a squirrel that was trying to swim across the river this weekend. Had him climb up on the tube (don't worry, only used for filming) and then ferried him the rest of the way. I've never seen a squirrel swim, then we saw two this weekend, one saturday and one sunday.

We see them swimming across our lake all the time, usually one of the narrower parts towards where the river flows in, probably ~100 yards across.

LouisvilleFan
10-01-2012, 12:22 PM

:purplaugh Good One!!!

TayMC197
10-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Meet the devil.. he was so sweet till he turned 6 months, then he was out for blood. The thing bit a hole in my finger..

TxsRiverRat
10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Hmmm....

Maybe we can employ kyle's expertise on eliminating these pests....

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

captain planet
10-01-2012, 12:52 PM
launch him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjYLRLwphcs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=l3Ya6z-NlDo&NR=1

or another way!!!! :D

ahhudgins
10-01-2012, 07:08 PM

My squirrels prefer their nuts roasted and unsalted! :D

Kyle
10-01-2012, 07:24 PM
Meet the devil.. he was so sweet till he turned 6 months, then he was out for blood. The thing bit a hole in my finger..

Dads got a nice pistol on the arm rest. Was that used when the devil tried to bite him???