PDA

View Full Version : 2013 New Boat Appearance - Purely for Looks or Functional

GT500 MC
09-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Just saw the thread on the new x-10 surfing and noticed it had the same "look" as the new x30 and x-star--with the dip in the rubrail about 2/3 of the way back on the boat (just under or slightly behind the base of the tower legs). Was kind of hoping this model would have the traditional lines but either way, doesn't matter, I'm not in the market. However, was curious to know if this is more for a change in the look of the boat or if there's a functional feature to this????:confused:

Duane D
09-28-2012, 03:29 PM
As far as I know, looks only. But I think it is dead sexy!

XStar08
09-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Think there is only the look they wanted/needed to change. As it is with (newer) cars, there is a facelift every two or three years so that there is a constant need for customers like us to buy new boats to not have an "old" boat.

With MC we are lucky, facelifts only every 4 to 8 years. Bad thing is that they try hard to add some "nice" gimmicks every year (which in my opinion are not needed and which obviously are not engeneered properly) so our dudes out there with 2012 models need to fight the problems instead of having fun out on the water.

93Prostar190
09-29-2012, 08:25 AM
I was not a fan of those looks when I first saw them in pics. But now that I have seen a new x30 in person a few times, the lines look great.

I think it is mostly cosmetic, it may assist the 2 point tower mounting points. Maybe a owner will weigh in.

GT500 MC
09-29-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm warming to the lines on the x30 and x-star. I think maybe b/c they are bigger boats. Real curious to see some quality pics of the x10.

Specter
09-29-2012, 12:13 PM
The "hips", as I like to call them, are for both looks and function. I'm biased but I love the lines of my X-30 and I also love the fact that the hips provide a large step for passengers to board by. When we drop it in the water at the marina we have all of our guests boards from the side by stepping on the hips.