PDA

View Full Version : What's the procedure for removing fluid from 1.52:1 Velvet Drive?

strad
09-27-2012, 01:31 PM
I found a service manual online, though not specifically for my year (1984). It does not say how to get the fluid out -- apparently its intended audience already knows how to do that lol. I'm good with the procedure for checking warm and cold. I don't see a drain plug, so that leaves suctioning it out the fill hole or ? as possibilities.

And it is Dexron III, right? 1984 powerslot.

jhall0711
09-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Yes, You have to use some form of a pump to suction the fluid out of the tranny. There is no drain plug. Just be sure to get all of it out, sometimes repositioning your suction tube will yield more fluid way down in the bottom. And yes, the owners manual for my 89 Powerslot, which is the same as your 84 calls for Dex II. Dex III meets or exceeds the requirements of Dex II which is no longer available.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-27-2012, 01:41 PM
When I change my trans fluid, I always change it again after one use as you can never gett all the old fluid out. Well, maybe if you turned the boat upside down.:rolleyes:

jhall0711
09-27-2012, 03:37 PM
When I change my trans fluid, I always change it again after one use as you can never gett all the old fluid out. Well, maybe if you turned the boat upside down.:rolleyes:

Cant believe I never thought of that

thatsmrmastercraft
09-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Cant believe I never thought of that

It would only work if you were changing oil at the same time. Just sayin'