PDA

View Full Version : Anheuser Busch

BriEOD
09-05-2005, 10:28 PM
I wanted to put a plug in for Anheuser Busch. I know we have A LOT of beer drinkers on here. So, I wanted to bring to your attention all the good things this AMERICAN company (Miller is owner by a South African group) has done for America.

- In light of Katrina and the Levies in NO busting they used their plant to can as of now 825K cans of water and donated $1M for relief
- After 9/11 and Operation IRAQI FREEDOM they allowed all military (Active/Guard/Reserve) and up to 4 family members to go into the park of their choice (Busch Gardens and Sea World) for FREE. After 9/11 this was also extended to Police, Fireman and EMT's.
- I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot of other good stuff.

So, next time your staring into the cooler consider trying an AB product. I don't have any connection, etc I just really appreciate what they've done for me. Plus they make good beer.

6ballsisall
09-05-2005, 10:34 PM
Thats good info Bri. I am not a Bud fan at all but hey I'll stop knocking them now at least. Very admirable to say the least. Has Coors (nectar of the gods) done anything similar?

BriEOD
09-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Not to my knowledge. I'm not sure who owns Coors. I thought I heard that AB was the ONLY American owned of the big 3, ICBW.

I like Coors Light but since AB has let my family into Sea World and Busch Gardens 2x's now I've swtiched to Bud Light.

Workin' 4 Toys
09-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Good to know, I got their backs now too. Thanks for the tip, I do appreciate this kind of info.

Mag_Red
09-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Not only this, but they have a very cool Hydroplane :headbang: Long time Bud drinker. :toast:

peason
09-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Coors was an All American brew - now they are a joint North American effort with Molson out of Canada.

H20skeefreek
09-06-2005, 06:34 AM
I've always been an AB fan, worked for them one summer delivering in central Indiana, my fraternity brothers certainly benefitted from that. Did you know that if one can in a case is damaged, they have to get rid of the whole case.....damn shame. I'm partial to Michelob light. Go AB!!!

lakes Rick
09-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Not only this, but they have a very cool Hydroplane :headbang: Long time Bud drinker. :toast:

Mag I think the Bud Hydro is done... Bernie Little was the owner, budweiser was the sponsor, and after bernie died it ended...
A friend of mine was a long time employee ( 20 years or so) on the bud hydro, John Rheinberger, and he is now doing something else..

Before the turbine boats, there shop had crates of merlin and griffon engines ALL OVER the place... Pretty amazing..... Rick

Ric
09-06-2005, 02:13 PM
Good find Bri!
We are a supplier for BUD (http://www.anheuser-busch.com/) and it's quite an impressive company.
They do take care of their people and their neighbors.

My latest favorite from them is budweiser select. I almost like it more than my longtime fav bud light.

LakePirate
09-06-2005, 02:19 PM
AB also sent water to Macon, Georgia during the flood of 94. You can still find it around town as souvenirs of course. I think they bought some when Junkin' came through town.

AirJunky
09-06-2005, 02:32 PM
I spent 9 yrs as a volunteer patrol boat at the SeaFair hydro races, 4 of them in a Mastercraft. We had the best seats in the place as we cruised the inside of the race course (over 100k outside the course!), spent the mornings tieing up cruise ships & yachts & the afternoons eating & drinking whatever they sent down to us!
Heres a shot from a couple of years ago, flying the RedHook umbrella. RedHook is a Seattle area brewer that is 45% owned by AB. That year we were approached by an AB race staff employee who told us we would have to remove the umbrella as the event was sponsored by Bud. I told him to take a hike because RedHook was partially owned by Bud. He said I was wrong & to please remove the umbrella. I told him to go get his boss. Before long, some mgmt guy came out & told me he was sorry for the conflict & that the RedHook umbrella would be fine. :smile:
The other pinhead was nowhere to be found.

rodltg2
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
budweiser sponsored my fraternity in college and would give us free rush banners, wrist bands, jockey boxes to use and 200 cash a semester. however in return we would suck down about 100 kegs a semester. ever since ive been a loyal bud drinker and probably always will be . way to go anheiser busch.!

River Rat
09-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Thats good info Bri. I am not a Bud fan at all but hey I'll stop knocking them now at least. Very admirable to say the least. Has Coors (nectar of the gods) done anything similar?

Always been a bud light fan, it"s good to hear about them doing great things. :woohoo:

And Coors has always canned water they just try to sell it as Beer> :D :D

east tx skier
09-06-2005, 03:28 PM
Anybody have a list of brews owned by AB. I figure surely something I'm willing to drink will be owned by them.

/never mind.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/overview/abi.html

Looks like Red Hook or Ziegenbock. Was hoping for XX.

OhioProstar
09-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Just as an FYI...Miller has given more than $1mill to the Red Cross and has sent truckloads of 32oz water bottles to NO. Since the SABMiller group took over, Miller Lite has increased market share by nearly 40-60%. Had Phillip Morris been able to market they would not have felt the need to divest that division. My father in law has worked there for 12 years and while they are owned by a South African company...they provide more than 6000 high paying jobs to local economies such as the south Dayton area. Hats off to AB for what they do in the community, but don't discount what Miller does just because they are owned by a foriegn investment group.

BriEOD
09-06-2005, 04:02 PM
I didn't know that Bill. Thanks for sharing. :toast:

dmac
09-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Long time Bud drinker. :toast:
AB products are the first choice inour household as well. Regular for me and Bud Lite for the Mrs.

Hoosier Bob
09-06-2005, 04:21 PM
I know water is important but if I ever have to go through what these people have gone through, just send the beer!

Leroy
12-26-2006, 02:41 PM
I know I love them now, exclusive importers of Stella Artois! This is why I'm finding Stella everywhere now. http://www.anheuser-busch.com/

AB is a great sponsor of soccer fields in St Louis, however the kids teams had to recently remove the name Busch and start using St Louis SC.

Mikey
12-26-2006, 07:44 PM
I used to be a miller light drinker but ever since AB has shown so much support to myself and my brothers in arms I have switched brands. They have given me and my family free tickets to see world and FREE beer while I was there.:woohoo: And that is just one small example. Bud Select or Michelob Lager for me!

Datdude
12-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Crudweiser......yuk

nice to hear that they are helpful though:o

PendO
12-26-2006, 11:57 PM
I'll drink to that ... Bud Light or Michelob or Bud Select ... but I also support the Canadians with Kokanee:)