PDA

View Full Version : Ever been to jail?

mzimme
09-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Someone wanted to hear a going to jail story in the SRT thread, and I didn't want to derail it, so here's my story.

The summer after my victory lap of college (2007) I bought an 89 Monterey bowrider with a seized up lower unit. Had it rebuilt and used it all summer. I never bothered changing the registration because it had a current year tag on it, so I figured I wouldn't be bothered. Well I was out on the boat with some friends one night just sitting in a cove at the local lake in Lawrence, KS minding my own business when a water patrol came and did a boat check. Found out I wasnt on the registration, but luckily I knew the persons name who was on it. He gave me a ticket for not having it registered in my name, and at that time in Kansas they'd just mail you a ticket rather than giving it to you on the spot. Well... I moved out of Lawrence to Kansas City a couple weeks later and never received the ticket, forgot about, and fast forward to 2009 when I'm coming home from a job interview. Mind you this is in the middle of the freaking day on Valentines Day of 2009. I get lasered doing 10mph over... cop comes after me, I pull over... all is good... or not. I'm sitting in my car for what seems like forever when the cop finally comes back after checking my license and insurance. He asks me to get out of the car and come back to his car with him, which isn't out of the norm. I've sat in the front seat of patrol cars many times while officers write me tickets for stupid crap like window tint and not having a front license plate on my car. I have a clean record despite being pulled over for speeding a few times, because I always just end up paying double the fine to have things go away... you know... since revenue is more important than safety. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm walking towards the officers car when he tells me to put my hands on my head, and that I'm under arrest. I said to him... are you serious? And he just repeated himself so I complied. Dude puts me in the cuffs are like a solid cuff. Not the ones with the chain between each cuff, but rather a solid piece of steel. One of my arms is twisted all over the place while the other one is basically jabbing into lower back, and I have no movement whatsoever. So here I am on the side of Interstate-35 in Kansas... about 2 miles from the Missouri border where I'd have been home free... standing there in slacks, button up shirt, nice shoes, a tie, etc.

So the cop puts me in the front seat all handcuffed and unable to sit like a normal person. My upper body is leaning so far forward that my head is basically one with the cops passenger side sun visor due to the way my arms were positioned, and I ask what they're going to do with my car. He said he already called metro to come tow it. I'm thinking... dammit! There's another 180 bucks if I don't do something about it. I asked the cop if I can call my buddy to come pick it up, and he says sure if he can beat the tow company there, he can take it away. Since it's physically impossible for me to reach my phone with my arms positioned the way they were, the cop was nice enough to undo the cuffs, put them in front of me and put them back on allowing me to get into my pocket and call my buddy. I get ahold of him, he ends up racing down and getting my car with his girlfriend about 45 seconds before the tow truck got there. Thank god.

So off I go to jail, and still have not been told why I'm going to jail. I had current tags, no speeding tickets, current insurance, current drivers license that wasn't suspended...everything was good. The only thing the cop knew at the time was that I had a bench warrant from a traffic incident in Douglas county - which is where Lawrence, KS is located.

I told my buddy that got my car, who happened to be my roommate at the time, to keep his phone handy so I could call him to tell him how much money it will take to bail me out. I memorize his cell phone number on the way to the slammer and am hoping for the best. As they're booking me in, they make sure to take my shoelaces out of my dress shoes, take my tie, and take my belt. I can understand the tie and belt, but shoelaces? Their reasoning was so I didn't hang myself... because that's definitely the first thing that's on my mind... hanging myself for what I eventually find out is a boating ticket.

So I finally get booked in and head to the phone to tell my buddy he needs to bring $166 to the jail/courthouse to get me out of the place. I pick up the phone, dial my buddies cell phone number COLLECT, identify myself as "INMATE MICHAEL ZIMMERMAN" and wait for the stupid operator to tell me that cell phones are not available to make calls to from the wyandotte county jail. Crap.... gotta call the only home phone number I know by heart... my parents. Call my parents, who are more than a little surprised to get a call from INMATE MICHAEL ZIMMERMAN at the WYANDOTTE COUNTY JAIL. lol. I explain the situation to my dad, ask him to call my buddies cell phone and relay messages using my dad as a third party, and 5 hours later I'm out of that hell hole.

Until I went to court, I still had no idea why I was arrested. I was finally able to see the ticket that the water patrol eventually sent me, to which I never paid or showed up to court due to not ever getting it, to eventually leading to a warrant for my arrest due to a failure to appear.

It sucked... I ain't neva going back!

Cool thing was, the cop dropped my speeding ticket for the day, since he clearly knew I wasn't having a good day to begin with. I was very respectful to the guy, and he was more than respectful to me and allowed me to make calls, etc to help my cause. He was a good dude despite taking me to jail... but I guess he had to.

Thrall
09-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Hahaha, I have a very similar story.
Fresh out of college and married we move to Albuquerque from Chicago.
Money's tight so we sell my wifes Blazer to raise some cash, she drives my truck and I'm back in my old hi school car, 70 Impala.
Couple days into driving it again, paper tags, I gt stopped for rolling a stop sign. No proof of insurance as the ins co hasn't sent my new card with the car added. Get a no proof of ins ticket. Next morning I ge the ins co to fax my new policy to me showing that I had ins prior to getting pulled over. Take it to the court house, show them and the clerk tells me the ticket is dropped.
Fast forward about 2 yrs (not sure why this day was the day because I had had multiple speeding tickets in the prev 2 yrs), I'm driving down the mtn to work about 5am with my company truck loaded with tools. Get nabbed for 10 over, cop writes me a modest ticket and I'm on my way. Cpl miles later he pulls me over again. NOT for speeding. Get the "step out of your car" on the PA and get arrested for a bench warrant.
After questioning the cop several times he tells me it's for a failure to appear. I know damn well that I've gone to court evry time required. ANyway in a neffort to not leave my truck on hte side of the road to get ransacked I convince the cop to take me to the nearest ATM to get the money to bond out without going to the pokey.
Just as we're about to leave, his shift replacement shows up (who was also a seargant or something) and won't allowhim/me to go to the ATM.
I convince them to let me use the 2 way radio in the truck to call someone to pick up my truck, so I briefly explain while the cop is keying the mike for me.
Off to BCDC, drive through my hiway project, new cop is being an @ss to me, then I see all 3 of my crews standing out on the grade with their thumbs in hteir butts waitng for.............me to show up to work. I start giving the cop a ration of sh!t right back because hey he can't arrest me, right?
Get to BCDC, inner city county jail, about 7am they take all my stuff, belt, hat wallet, knife (why couldn't the cops have told me to leave my $100 pocket knife in the truck, they didn't pat me down or take it from me and they knew I had it.:mad:?) AND my boots! Not just the laces, but the whole boot because no steel toes in jail. Now I'm walking around on p!ss soaked floors with a bunch of gangstas that are all f'ed up and tweakin.
Oh, no phone call either, they said not until after lunch! ***! Good thing the guys at work called my wife. She was there by 8:30 with bail. They didn't let me out until 1pm. AND I didn't get my knife back for 3 weeks, it was "evidence" because it was a weapon.

All said and done, it was 100% a clerical error on the part of Bernalillo COunty, never did have to go to court, charges were dropped, bail refunded and 3 weeks later I was "allowed" to drive back to that sh!t hole and retreive my knife!

Not much love for the 5-0.

Next episode I'll explain how I lost my driving privledges in the state of WI for 7 years while still maintaining a valid DL. Or how I could possibly aggravatedly assault and batter not one but two police officers in my own front yard on a week night...sober! Stay tuned.:D

neil.anderson63
09-26-2012, 08:07 PM
I LOVE this thread... Rousted on Easter morning too long ago to remember the exact year. Answer the door when I'm greeted by 2 officers.. Good morning!! They inform me that there is a warrant for my arrest. They let me get some real clothes on while the are standing about a foot from me. They cuff me, place me into the cruiser and take me to local station for the county guys to pick me up. Actually real nice guys just doing their job. The county guys pick me up to transfer to county jail. I get to county and while I'm being processed they ask me to show my tattoos. I tell the guy that I don't have any tattoos. He again very sternly asks me to show him my tattoos. I take off my shirt hold out my arms and do the full turn to show that I don't have any tattoos. "You don't have any tatoos?...." What's your social security #?? Things got real quiet, papers were shuffled. Hushed conversations between county guys. They pull me out of booking where I'm informed it's all a big mix up. Good times!!!

mzimme
09-26-2012, 08:14 PM
I think the state would be compensating me for my time if that happened to me ;)

scott023
09-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Holy lick. Tht sounds like a real crapshow.

scott023
09-27-2012, 12:15 AM
I LOVE this thread... Rousted on Easter morning too long ago to remember the exact year. Answer the door when I'm greeted by 2 officers.. Good morning!! They inform me that there is a warrant for my arrest. They let me get some real clothes on while the are standing about a foot from me. They cuff me, place me into the cruiser and take me to local station for the county guys to pick me up. Actually real nice guys just doing their job. The county guys pick me up to transfer to county jail. I get to county and while I'm being processed they ask me to show my tattoos. I tell the guy that I don't have any tattoos. He again very sternly asks me to show him my tattoos. I take off my shirt hold out my arms and do the full turn to show that I don't have any tattoos. "You don't have any tatoos?...." What's your social security #?? Things got real quiet, papers were shuffled. Hushed conversations between county guys. They pull me out of booking where I'm informed it's all a big mix up. Good times!!!

That's grounds for a tongue lashing there...

robin
09-27-2012, 01:33 AM
I have been to jail 1000+ times......not the way this thread intended "Ever been to jail?"........being at jail is generally a happy occasion for me...

JimN
09-27-2012, 07:06 AM
mzimme- just out of curiosity, you did fill out a change of address form with the USPS, right?

mzimme
09-27-2012, 09:11 AM
mzimme- just out of curiosity, you did fill out a change of address form with the USPS, right?

Of course not... I had no bills at the time and I was 22 years old. Why on earth would I need to do that? :D

gid
09-27-2012, 10:42 AM
While in College at ETSU I was going to visit my girlfriend in GA. The trip took me thru NC, along the Smoky Mtns. I was going to meet her parents. I get clocked going 80 in a 55 and per the laws of that County at that time I had to go to jail. So I have to follow the cop to the jail - sit in a cell (the only cell they had) for several hours while they called a Judge to come down to the station. He arrives, I say I will be back for Court on Monday and they let me go. This is before cell phones so never called my girlfriend. I show up at her house five hours late - she asks, where were you....jail....her parents didnt think much of me after that.

Went to Court on Monday and paid my $100 fine.

ttu
09-27-2012, 10:47 AM
boy i am not going to say anything on this one!:rolleyes: let's just say a roomate gone bad back in college.

CruisinGA
09-27-2012, 11:22 AM
boy i am not going to say anything on this one!:rolleyes: let's just say a roomate gone bad back in college.

Yep... I've only been to jail to bail other people out.

My roommate at the time at Ga Tech went to go bail out one of our buddies at the Fulton County jail. He didn't have exact change and the officer at the window was being, well, an officer and really ticked him off, so he goes to the transit station across the street to get change, they say great, we can get rid of some of these sacajawea dollars....

My buddy, in his greatest stroke of genius ever, exchanges the entire bail amount ( ~$700) for Sacajaweas. :D:D

Goes back across the street, starts counting them out for the same officer one by one, she starts to stop him, he says "Better hold it lady or I'll lose track and have to start over" and counts them all out :D

kenk
09-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Things have changed in law enforcement...the cops used to be your friend...now they are like law enforcement that you would see in a third world country...they believe that everyone is guilty...everyone is a criminal now or will be shortly in the future...they are drooling from the mouth just looking for a reason to arrest you...I see cops speeding down the road all of the time with no lights on...they don't give themselves a speeding ticket because they believe they are above the law!...ever watch a TV show called "waterpalooza"?...it is about water cops harassing and arresting boaters for no good reason...this all leads to a criminal record, even if charges are dropped, nolo pros, or otherwise...makes finding a job must more difficult...even if expunged....

I'm 60 yrs old and payed lots of taxes...never used to fear cops...NOW I DO!...I can't believe it...but I do...I now understand what people of color have gone through (DWB-Driving While Black")...

I think the reason for bullying from cops is because far to many have been hired...especially in low crime rate suburban locations...they have nothing to do...so they harass the public, and try to get something on you...

You don't have as much harassment in high crime/high murder rate big cities...because the cops know that they could get shot by the tugs who live there...

sorry for venting...but these crazy cops now patrol our waterways, and make life difficult for boaters...doesn't help the boating industry...

DooSPX
09-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I am not a LEO, but have several friends who are, and I know there are a few on here too. While, there are some LEO's that are riding a high horse, the ones I know are very easy going and never harass you unless you harass them. Careful putting all LEO's in the same "mightier than you" category. Even had a friend get killed by a shot to the head on a routine traffic stop.

mzimme
09-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Not to turn this thread into a cop bashing thread, but I always treat officers with respect and expect it in return. I have no problem with them being cautious around unknown situations, approaching everything as if it's a worst possible scenario, etc... but when officers are just outright rude to you, that's what makes me angry.

If I get pulled over, I understand I did something wrong. I don't need Billy Badass putting his hard-*** face on in an attempt to keep me intimidated. Do your job and be somewhat warm to people. People don't want you standing in front of them any more than they want someone being a problem, so why not try to defuse situations before they begin?

Like I said.. the cop in my story was a good dude. He probably didn't want to deal with the paperwork anyway, and probably wished he hadn't called my name into dispatch only to hear that I had a bench warrant out. I wasn't going to make his or my next few hours any more enjoyable by being a douche-nozzle to him, and I appreciated the fact that he knew that as well and treated me with respect while actually trying to help me with other things like making phone calls, researching why I was being arrested, etc.

They're not all bad... but the bad ones really really really suck.

Thrall
09-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Not to turn this thread into a cop bashing thread, but I always treat officers with respect and expect it in return.

They're not all bad... but the bad ones really really really suck.

Correct. Most of the time they're normal dudes out doing their job. I've been let off numerous times for speeding. (Company truck only, never catch a break in a personal vehicle, I think they, as I, respect a working man and when you're speeding TO work at 4-5am, they cut you some slack.)
One example of good cop vs bad cop. New Years eve day a few years ago, we're rushing back to WI from CO because my mom suddenly passed away. About noon, Going thru Omaha, get pulled over for not signaling a lane change until I crossed the lane line???? *** I just got passed by a hoopty doing 80! Officer makes me get out of the vehicle, sit in his car, at least 30 personal questions, then apologizes for my mom's passing and lets me go. Really wierd, never been questioned about that before.
Few hrs later going thru Des Moines, wife driving, me and the kids are asleep. Wife gets pulled over for "window tint". Same deal, makes her get in the squad car, had her balling her eyes out. Among the multitude of personal questions who, what where, when why are you in IA, he threatens to take our dogs because our German Shepherd (in the back of the truck w/ a topper) is pissed off and trying to tear her way out of the truck to kick his @s for taking my wife. I get out to calm the dogs down before they tear up the truck and he orders me back in the vehicle.
Then he leaves my wife locked in the cop car and comes back to harass me. Questioning the age and weight of my kids for the type of car seats, why they aren't wearing seatbelts (because we've been stopped for 20min now, duh), window tint, why is wife driving, why NM license plates, and CO and AZ drivers license's etc, etc. Just rude as the day was long. Then lets us go.
Never did know the whole story, but I believe there must have been a vehicle on the run matching our description. Bottom line we were already in a bad state that day with my mom dying and this guy was one of the biggest A holes I've ever met.

TxsRiverRat
09-27-2012, 05:51 PM
I've never been arrested

http://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif

Thrall
09-27-2012, 05:54 PM
My dad always said if you don't get arrested at least once in your life, you're a p*ssy!

milkmania
09-27-2012, 06:04 PM
probably got close to going to jail.................8p
Driving limo party home one morning about 3:00….

I’m driving on 2 lane highway southbound through a small town, meet an officer and he whips around and follows me (I’m under speed limit and lights were dimmed), but by the time he turns around and gets behind me… there’s a car between us. I drive a couple miles and that car pulls off. I know the police car is behind me now. I’ve set my cruise control (4 miles under speed limit) by this time and I’m dimming my headlights when I’m meeting cars.
Drive about 4 miles into another small town(he's still behind me), and another officer whips around on me and he’s directly behind me. (since we’re in his town now)
We drive about a mile and he lights me up. I pull over to shoulder, put the limo in park, turn on flashers, turn on front interior lights, roll down window, and put both hands on steering wheel.
He walks up to my window (other officer walks up to passenger window) and says “I pulled you over because you crossed center line”.
I turned my head and looked at him and said (in a very firm voice, hands on wheel) “No sir, I did not”.

He told me he’d been following me and saw me do it. I told him I knew he was back there and I knew when the other officer whipped around on me also. I asked if he had video camera in his car and he said yes. I said I’d like to see it. We went back to his cruiser, he goes to driver’s side, I go to passenger side (2nd. officer stands behind me)

I lean into cruiser while he cues up the video on his rear view mirror display screen. He’s got so much stuff in the passenger seat; I rest my left elbow on the back of seat while I watch the video. (I smashed his bag of potato chips)
He says “This is where I got behind you” and I agreed. He said “keep watching”… I said “if you’ll notice, I dimmed my lights when I met cars and brightened them when they passed, I haven’t been drinking and I don’t drink while working”. He said “I know you haven’t been drinking, I’d have known if you were”.
We kept watching the video…. We were on a 2 lane with wide shoulders and came to an intersection with a turn lane, but the southbound lane jogs over just a little bit to make room for the turn lane.
I touched (not crossed) the outside white “fog line” at this interchange. I told him, “I touched the white line, what do we need to do to make this right?”
He said “keep watching”. And then I see his lights come on in the video. And he says “this is where I pulled you over”.
I said “I never crossed center line”.
He says “Well, I’m not going to write you a ticket tonight, but I will need to see your identification”
I stand up, and tell the officer #2 that I’m reaching for my wallet. He nods.
I hand officer #1 my driver’s license and concealed weapon permit at the same time.
He throws his hands up and says “Now I have to write you a ticket!”
I said, “What for!?”
He says, “You went to concealed weapons course and you know that when an officer walks up to the car, you’re supposed to be waving your permit out the window”.
Firmly I said, “No sir, I was told that when an officer asks me for my ID, I give them both pieces at the same time and that’s exactly what I did, within 10 seconds”.
He kinda sighed and said “well, I need to identify the passengers in your vehicle”.
I said “No sir, that is my place of business and you will need a search warrant to open that door”
He says “what?”
I repeated it, and said “If you feel a threat from the vehicle 30 yards away then you have right to search the vehicle, otherwise you’ll need a search warrant.

He handed me my ID back, I got back in the limo and drove off :cool:

ttu
09-27-2012, 06:14 PM
milk, what a story. what town(s) so i know where to avoid! daughter has a cross country meet in tahlequah on saturday!

milkmania
09-27-2012, 06:22 PM
milk, what a story. what town(s) so i know where to avoid! daughter has a cross country meet in tahlequah on saturday!

Pocola, Population 4,036 and 3 stop lights
Rock Island, population 646 and no stop lights

Tahlequah is about 1 hour 45 minutes NW of these towns;)

TxsRiverRat
09-27-2012, 06:26 PM
My dad always said if you don't get arrested at least once in your life, you're a p*ssy!

What if you get arrested twice? LOL

atthelake
09-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Not my proudest moment:
Grade 11, buddy's house party, 6 of us decide it would be fun to play "war" with pellet/BB guns so we start running around town shooting each other. Police see unknown individuals running around the streets with rifles and apparently deemed us as dangerous criminals and start chasing us down. I hid between the pharmacy and another building and was promptly caught, thrown down to the ground face first and the officer had his handgun pointed at the back of my head.
I didn't get thrown in jail but I did get taken home in the back of the squad car, was escorted to the front door of my home and had to get my parents up so the officer could release me to thier custody. Not a great feeling to be standing in the doorway of your own house plastered out of your mind, bleeding from the hand (took two BB's in the knuckle earlier on in the evening), and under the influence of dr*gs at 3:30 in the morning with one of your Mom's best friends husbands standing there in uniform.

I actually may have preferred jail...

kenk
09-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Just got a speeding ticket at 10PM tonight...cop said I was doing 80 MPH in a 55 MPH zone...problem is 'COP WAS WRONG'....I had cruise control set to 59 MPH...both sons in car saw were aware of the cruise setting...if the cop wanted to give me a ticket for 4 miles over the limit, then fine....but to say I was doing 80 MPH is wrong...I'll fight this in court...maybe get a lawyer...but this is just another example of "out of control cops"...the citizens need to date back their county!....this was truly a bad example of cop abuse in front of my children...."fear the police"...they are not your friends!

DJ 50
09-30-2012, 08:35 AM
this was truly a bad example of cop abuse in front of my children...."fear the police"...they are not your friends!

And this is truely bad example of what to teach your kids in response to what you call cop abuse.

mikeg205
09-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Great stories...boaters livin' on the edge....:D

JimN
09-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Just got a speeding ticket at 10PM tonight...cop said I was doing 80 MPH in a 55 MPH zone...problem is 'COP WAS WRONG'....I had cruise control set to 59 MPH...both sons in car saw were aware of the cruise setting...if the cop wanted to give me a ticket for 4 miles over the limit, then fine....but to say I was doing 80 MPH is wrong...I'll fight this in court...maybe get a lawyer...but this is just another example of "out of control cops"...the citizens need to date back their county!....this was truly a bad example of cop abuse in front of my children...."fear the police"...they are not your friends!

Did he use radar to monitor your speed? If not, it will be tossed and your time will be wasted, but that's about all. Call the ADA or the police department and ask if this ticket indicates how the officer "knows" you were speeding.

sp00ky
09-30-2012, 11:29 AM

Ok is 1998 I just got married and recently back from my honeymoon in costa rica. I get pulled over by Officer Martinez (forsyth county GA)for an expired tag as I forgot to register on my birthday in April it's now June. He informs me I'm under arrest for failure to appear. However, I have my dog and a mountain bike on top of my car after a great ride on some new trails.

He starts to cuff me like I'm public enemy number one, when I inform the dumb**** that it's June and I have a dog. I plead with him to let me call my new wife to come get me car. Thank God I have a cell phone as I'd only had it for a year. He reluctantly agrees but still puts me in the back of his car after allowing me to crack the windows on my car for my dog. He stuffs me in the back where I start sweating like a pig cause it's hot and the plexiglass doesn't let ANY AC in.

My wife and a buddy show up to get my car and they get to see me thru the glass sweat rolling down my face. My new wife looking like she may need to get an annulment. Awesome day.

Turns out it was a mistake I had paid a speeding ticket 2 years earlier and they had it in the system wrong. Forsyth county graciously waives the fine for the expired tag but offer little more than an apology.

scott023
09-30-2012, 11:57 AM

You don't have much of a leg to stand on in court....

kenk
09-30-2012, 12:23 PM
DJ50...."And this is truly bad example of what to teach your kids in response to what you call cop abuse"...what would you suggest?...SAY YEP...cops are always right...they never lie or make mistakes???...these people have a "holier then thou" attitude....they are never wrong in their minds

JimN
09-30-2012, 12:46 PM
You don't have much of a leg to stand on in court....

He does if the officer A) doesn't bother to show up or B) doesn't have video proof.

SkiDog
09-30-2012, 01:02 PM
I have an attorney friend that got stopped a few months back. He was radared by one cop and that cop radioed to another one to pull him over. The cop pulled him and said he was going 50 in a 35. Attorney asked the cop if he saw him speeding. Cop say's no, but his partner down the road did. My friend says 'Thats hearsay'. let him go with a warning.:D:D:D

LYNRDSKYNRD
09-30-2012, 03:10 PM
DJ50...."And this is truly bad example of what to teach your kids in response to what you call cop abuse"...what would you suggest?...SAY YEP...cops are always right...they never lie or make mistakes???...these people have a "holier then thou" attitude....they are never wrong in their minds

I'm a cop and I'm not like that and I know a lot of other cops who are not that way either. Just sayin'.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

DooSPX
09-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm a cop and I'm not like that and I know a lot of other cops who are not that way either. Just sayin'.

I think he has a stick up his a**. Thank you for your service for your community Lynrd.

LYNRDSKYNRD
09-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm not judging...its anybody's right to feel however they do...no worries here. Nothing anybody has said is personal to me. Just putting it out there that not all of us are the same. I've seen officers act like complete a**** what can I say it happens.

Thanks doo

DooSPX
09-30-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm not judging...its anybody's right to feel however they do...no worries here. Nothing anybody has said is personal to me. Just putting it out there that not all of us are the same. I've seen officers act like complete a**** what can I say it happens.

Thanks doo

No doubt some can be that way, but I have quite a few friends in LE any where from city to state. They are all fair and respectful if you treat them the same.

No need to thank me bud, I didn't do anything. You on the other hand...

onewheat
10-01-2012, 02:40 AM
I have had my share of speeding tickets over the last 20 years and have had several other "encounters" with police in that time frame as well. I have NEVER run into a cop that I would say treated me poorly, was rude or abused me verbally or my rights in ANY way. I have always been extremely polite and I have gotten some really nice breaks on more than one occasion, because I was nice and was not feeding them a line of crap. I am not doubting that there are some LEOs that are tools out there, but you definitely can not throw them all into one category. Maybe I have just had some really good luck (knock on wood).

DJ 50
10-02-2012, 03:56 AM
I have always been extremely polite and I have gotten some really nice breaks on more than one occasion, because I was nice and was not feeding them a line of crap. I am not doubting that there are some LEOs that are tools out there, but you definitely can not throw them all into one category.

This was my only point. I to am a cop and I will be the first one to say, just like any other job in the world, there are some real D-bags who can be on power trips. However to lump them all together and say "fear the police" and to teach that to your kids becaue you possibly met one of the bad ones, is crazy to me.

BrianM
10-02-2012, 09:47 AM
This was my only point. I to am a cop and I will be the first one to say, just like any other job in the world, there are some real D-bags who can be on power trips. However to lump them all together and say "fear the police" and to teach that to your kids becaue you possibly met one of the bad ones, is crazy to me.

+1 .........

kenk
10-02-2012, 07:00 PM
LYNRDSKYNRD....I don't doubt that you are feel you are a "good" cop...but...but I assume that you know of some cops who have let this "police power" go to their head...I don't have any issues with people on a "power trip" if they're not cops...when cops become this way...they can ruin the lives of good citizens...if I needed a clean driving record to get or maintain a job, my bogus 80MPH ticket would jeopardize my earning potential...around here in Southern Md. state police and local police have told other people that they DO have "ticket quotas"...if you were a good cop, I would think that you would be infuriated to hear of any incidents of bad cops...they ruin the reputation for all cops...

robin
10-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Wow....I didnt realize there are so many angry people on this site....Well-to-do owners of Mastercrafts sounding like street thugs I deal with day in and day out. Yes, there are "bad cops" out there, but few and far between. Kenk, what is it you do for a living? I'd guess whatever it is, there are those in that field that are "bad" as well, and I'd even say, probably a higher percentage of those considered "bad" than in the law enforcement field.
I, as well as all others on this site, am a human being (maybe a bad assumption?), and have "bad" days. I have been rude to people, and probably had investigations that I just didnt give 100%, but I try my best to learn from my life experiences and not make the same mistakes twice.
I have done CPR on SIDS babies that I couldnt save, done CPR on another baby that lived, held a baby that had been shot in the face, telling him it will all be okay (will it?), been shot at myself with my partner getting shot, arrested murderers, rapists, pulled babies out of crack houses with cockroaches on them, broken my bones, had stitches.....then an hour later doing a traffic stop on a jerk acting like Kenk, complaining about a ticket, calling me every stereotypical insult for the police; hard not to be rude, right?
Pardon me for my rant, but I truly consider myself a warrior and a protector of the people, a sheepdog protecting the sheep from the wolves (acknowledgement to Lt Col Grossman). I also truly consider myself to be emotionally damaged from this job. When my children say they want to be a police officer like me, it fills me both with pride and dread, equally.
God bless, and now that Im all steamed, I really could use a swerve on my stick, but dammit, its put away for the season!!!

kenk
10-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Robin...For your info...I did not treat the cop disrespectfully, when I received the bogus ticket...I am an aerospace engineer and work on some of the most technically challenging programs that exist today...sure, I deal with some people who are not cooperative and are difficult to deal with and are perhaps not highly competent...these so called "bad" engineers might not have their job if their performance is poor...but they won't hurt innocent "sheep" as you call them...we don't have very much hard core crime here that you describe...but we have far too many cops that act like the general population is nothing but "wolves"

LYNRDSKYNRD
10-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Okay kenk, I didn't understand how this worked but now I get it. I only spoke for me and the good guys I know even admitting that there are ****heads in my profession, its all good. I even defended your position of feeling however you chose. But now I get told how I should feel not cool, but hey whatever. I hate you got a ticket you don't deserve maybe the guy made a mistake....it happens. If a ticket really ruins your life then I'm guessing you have bigger problems than just a ticket.

Just to clarify I was just stating that I'm not like what you described and I know a lot of guys who aren't that way either.

PT 1999 ProStar
10-04-2012, 09:37 AM

Kenk- it is unfortunate that this was a case of mistaken "ticket" but sadly it can happen. It will be a hassle to fight it and pay the fees I get it believe me I've been there. To be honest I've fought tickets I know I was guilty for so we are all to blame. I just don't think a blanket statement about "fearing the police" is what we want to share. Our society is crazy enough and although I'm not a cop I have friends who are both town and state troopers who tell me exactly how crazy our society is! Most of them have families and young children and I can't imagine how they can deal with all the "craziness" and then come home to their family. I know I couldn't
do it. I don't blame you for being frustrated and pissed it does ***! But in the whole scheme of things how bad is it? Sure there are cops who are questionable heck a couple of my friends might be one but I can tell you that my 9 year son and 7 year daughter know two things 1. Military men and women are Hero's and 2. Police men and women are here to help. I am in medical device sales and I work with some surgeons I question but the majority of them do have the patients care as top priority. But I know when I get home to my wife and kids my biggest stress might be I didn't hit or might not hit my sales number not that I almost got hit on the side of the road assisting a stranded motorist or worse had a gun pulled out on me. Look again I think everyone reading this post may feel they got shafted as it pertains to "law" but on the flip side how many times have we gotten away with it...............................

DooSPX
10-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Again, I will say, Thank you Lynrd, Robin, BrianM as well as other LEO's and Military.

mzimme
10-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I drive 80-85 on the interstate almost consistently. If I get a ticket that I have to pay up to $300 once every 3 or 4 years, I'll take that penalty for being able to go the speed I want, when I want to.

Police have a tough job, there's no doubt about that... unfortunately they're the guys that "ruin our day" sometimes and it's hard to stay cool in a situation that you don't want to be in. They always look like the bad guy to someone that has to talk to them, and that's too bad because I've had some great conversations with lots of officers in my short life span.

Some are just d-bags, and that's not going to change... but they're really not even close to all being that way. They like BBQing, spending time with their family, and being out on their boat just as much as the next guy.

76S&S
10-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Referring to trafic tickets; there are two types of drivers. Those who break the law and get caught and those who break the law and don't get caught. I got pulled over recently because the tint on my car is too dark. He's correct, it is too dark, I paid the ticket and have moved on.

Let's be honest, in most normal circumstances, we don't want to see a cop in our rearview mirror. These guys/gals have a tough job; any officer that I've dealt with has conducted themselves in a professional manner and have always been courteous and I try to treat them the same way. I deal with way more jerks on a daily basis (and I'm an accountant) than I've ever encountered with our local/state police officers.

To all of you officers/firefighters/military on TT, thank you for what you do.

pram
10-04-2012, 12:42 PM
This thread was better when it was funny stories about being in jail

LYNRDSKYNRD
10-04-2012, 12:59 PM

I completely agree, I should've just let it ride.

robin
10-04-2012, 01:06 PM

I agree with that! 12 years of taking all kinds of people to jail in kinds of conditions....I have a few funny stories. I didnt expect this to turn into an attack on my professsion, but what cant you do? Hopefully venting like this will be cathartic for some angry people. Maybe I should start a thread over bad run ins with other professions......how about circus clowns? Everyone sane person hates clowns, right?

Sodar
10-04-2012, 01:09 PM
Cops suck. Go sit on the curb. :)

LYNRDSKYNRD
10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Cops suck. Go sit on the curb. :)

LOL!!

Thrall
10-04-2012, 01:22 PM

That's what I was just thinking too.
I can only think of 3 times that I was not treated fairly when "interacting" with LEO's, well make that about 10 times, but I don't count being pulled over in Hainesville, IL (those of you from Lake County know what I'm talking about, haha). 1 of the 3 times it was not the officer's fault, they were just doing their job with the information they were given.
Compare that to the total number of "interactions" and the cops get a solid A grade for their behavior.
Robin, you should post up a funny, "took someone to jail" story.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I agree with that! 12 years of taking all kinds of people to jail in kinds of conditions....I have a few funny stories. I didnt expect this to turn into an attack on my professsion, but what cant you do? Hopefully venting like this will be cathartic for some angry people. Maybe I should start a thread over bad run ins with other professions......how about circus clowns? Everyone sane person hates clowns, right?

You have a phobia about clowns too:confused::rolleyes:

Thrall
10-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Okay here's a gooder! This is the 1 of 3 from above.
I'm 18 yrs old, sitting in my room studying for a Chemistry mid term about 9 o clock at night.
Our dogs start raising he!! and my Dad lets them out n the back yard. They catch 2 kids in the back yard (up to no good as there had been some garage break ins recently in our subdivision). Kids haull butt out of the back yard, jump the fence by my window.
I get up to see what's going on, Dad tells me he let the dogs out on some kids, Mom calls the cops to report them.
I go outside, November, half dressed, no socks, shoes untied, just wearing sweats (remember I was studying). I see that they knocked a couple boards off the fence as our dogs were trying to tear them a new one. Go to my car in the riveway, pop the trunk to get a hammer and nails out of my tool bags to fix the fence,
Go fix the fence, walking back to my car and the police drive by. Immediately stops, get out, tell me to stop right there. I do.
Comes up, asks me my name, I tell him, asks me where I live, I tell him "right here". Get a half dozen more questions why I'm carrying a hammer, why is trunk open, who's sub box is it in the trunk?
All easy questions, my car my hammer, my house, my stereo. He asks to see some ID. I tell him, not on me (sweats right, wallet is inside). I offer to go get it, cop says if this is really your house, I'll go get it.
Well, he's a newby in town, barely older than I. He is already being a d!ck to me because he thinks he's going to catch a criminal, I'm a cocky 18 yr old who was respectful but now gettin perturbed. Mind you I was polite to this point, as I'd been taught.
I proceed to tell him he is not going in my (parents) house and I'd be glad to go get it and if that isn't good enuff then I'm putting my hammer away, locking up my car ( I had the keys for it, kinda dead giveaway that it's my car and my house and I'm not who he's after tonight. Even explained that the hammer I was holding would be the missing one from my tool pouches.)
He wasn't buying it for some reason and here's where it get's good, or bad, depending on which side of the proverbial fence you're on......
He tells me, that's it you're under arrest. I told him, no way, wasn't happening, I'll be going back in my house and get off my property. At this point I'm pissed but still civil, no swearing, as I'd been taught.
He tries to hand cuff me and I won't let him. We dance around the front yard for a minute, him trying to grab my arms, me pulling away from him.
In the meantime, another squad car shows up, parks a couple houses down (I don't see this). The 2nd officer comes up from behind me and grabs me in a bear hug. Now I'm really aggravated and this is where I start to get stupid (of couse I think I'm justified since I've done nothing wrong, haha).
I look over my shoulder and this cop is all of about 5'-6 tall and won't let me go when I tell him to. I decide to shake him, so I pick him up and flip him over my back, but he doesn't let go and I land square on to of him, still hangin on!

I look up to see a night stick pull and I give up the fight before I get my @ss kicked. I don't have a hammer anymore and he has a stick and a gun...........game over!
They stuff me face first onto the lawn, and cuff me.
About this time my mom comes outside. (This really only took like 2-3 minutes, felt like 30min) She's screamin "What are you doing to my son?"
I'm calling them words my mom has never heard come out of my mouth.
I get tossed in the back of the squad car.
Cops are talling to my parents in the driveway.
I swear I see 2 people run across the road about a half dozen house up and start hollerin' again!
Finally we take off in the cop car. They're not letting me go to my surprise, honestly.
I'm being a smart @s still, asking him if he's gonna drop me off on the next block and make me walk home or what.
Nope, they haul me in and write me up for 2 aggravated asaaults, 2 batterys and 1 resisting arrest.
I'm like f%#^k, I'm gonna miss my mid term tomorrow because I'm spending the night here. My dad had always told me if I ever get arrested he's not coming t bail me out so don't waste the phone call, and to this point in my life I believed him and had not even tested the theory by wasting a phone call on my parents!

Well they did show up to bail me out within the hour.
Turns out the little one had gotten a bloody nose out of the deal and when talking to my parents, told them that they were questioning me as to whether I'd seen anyone suspicious when I just got beligerent and punched the cop in the nose!
Dad said, well serves the little smart @ss right, take him in for being a dumb kid, not knowing the whole story.
Turned out, all the charges were dropped and I didn't even hire a lawyer, but those 2 rookies harassed me for months afterwards (small town). I couldn't drive my car to a party for quite a while! Heck they'd follow me home from my girl friends house on a week night.

I finally got that nonsense to stop, and it's a waaay better story than this one, but it didn't result in me getting arrested or going to jail so I can tell it in this thread, haha.

(Lets just say it involved one of the officers wrecking his patrol car into/under the back of my truck!)

cbryan70
10-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Okay here's a gooder! This is the 1 of 3 from above.
I'm 18 yrs old, sitting in my room studying for a Chemistry mid term about 9 o clock at night.
Our dogs start raising he!! and my Dad lets them out n the back yard. They catch 2 kids in the back yard (up to no good as there had been some garage break ins recently in our subdivision). Kids haull butt out of the back yard, jump the fence by my window.
I get up to see what's going on, Dad tells me he let the dogs out on some kids, Mom calls the cops to report them.
I go outside, November, half dressed, no socks, shoes untied, just wearing sweats (remember I was studying). I see that they knocked a couple boards off the fence as our dogs were trying to tear them a new one. Go to my car in the riveway, pop the trunk to get a hammer and nails out of my tool bags to fix the fence,
Go fix the fence, walking back to my car and the police drive by. Immediately stops, get out, tell me to stop right there. I do.
Comes up, asks me my name, I tell him, asks me where I live, I tell him "right here". Get a half dozen more questions why I'm carrying a hammer, why is trunk open, who's sub box is it in the trunk?
All easy questions, my car my hammer, my house, my stereo. He asks to see some ID. I tell him, not on me (sweats right, wallet is inside). I offer to go get it, cop says if this is really your house, I'll go get it.
Well, he's a newby in town, barely older than I. He is already being a d!ck to me because he thinks he's going to catch a criminal, I'm a cocky 18 yr old who was respectful but now gettin perturbed. Mind you I was polite to this point, as I'd been taught.
I proceed to tell him he is not going in my (parents) house and I'd be glad to go get it and if that isn't good enuff then I'm putting my hammer away, locking up my car ( I had the keys for it, kinda dead giveaway that it's my car and my house and I'm not who he's after tonight. Even explained that the hammer I was holding would be the missing one from my tool pouches.)
He wasn't buying it for some reason and here's where it get's good, or bad, depending on which side of the proverbial fence you're on......
He tells me, that's it you're under arrest. I told him, no way, wasn't happening, I'll be going back in my house and get off my property. At this point I'm pissed but still civil, no swearing, as I'd been taught.
He tries to hand cuff me and I won't let him. We dance around the front yard for a minute, him trying to grab my arms, me pulling away from him.
In the meantime, another squad car shows up, parks a couple houses down (I don't see this). The 2nd officer comes up from behind me and grabs me in a bear hug. Now I'm really aggravated and this is where I start to get stupid (of couse I think I'm justified since I've done nothing wrong, haha).
I look over my shoulder and this cop is all of about 5'-6 tall and won't let me go when I tell him to. I decide to shake him, so I pick him up and flip him over my back, but he doesn't let go and I land square on to of him, still hangin on!

I look up to see a night stick pull and I give up the fight before I get my @ss kicked. I don't have a hammer anymore and he has a stick and a gun...........game over!
They stuff me face first onto the lawn, and cuff me.
About this time my mom comes outside. (This really only took like 2-3 minutes, felt like 30min) She's screamin "What are you doing to my son?"
I'm calling them words my mom has never heard come out of my mouth.
I get tossed in the back of the squad car.
Cops are talling to my parents in the driveway.
I swear I see 2 people run across the road about a half dozen house up and start hollerin' again!
Finally we take off in the cop car. They're not letting me go to my surprise, honestly.
I'm being a smart @s still, asking him if he's gonna drop me off on the next block and make me walk home or what.
Nope, they haul me in and write me up for 2 aggravated asaaults, 2 batterys and 1 resisting arrest.
I'm like f%#^k, I'm gonna miss my mid term tomorrow because I'm spending the night here. My dad had always told me if I ever get arrested he's not coming t bail me out so don't waste the phone call, and to this point in my life I believed him and had not even tested the theory by wasting a phone call on my parents!

Well they did show up to bail me out within the hour.
Turns out the little one had gotten a bloody nose out of the deal and when talking to my parents, told them that they were questioning me as to whether I'd seen anyone suspicious when I just got beligerent and punched the cop in the nose!
Dad said, well serves the little smart @ss right, take him in for being a dumb kid, not knowing the whole story.
Turned out, all the charges were dropped and I didn't even hire a lawyer, but those 2 rookies harassed me for months afterwards (small town). I couldn't drive my car to a party for quite a while! Heck they'd follow me home from my girl friends house on a week night.

I finally got that nonsense to stop, and it's a waaay better story than this one, but it didn't result in me getting arrested or going to jail so I can tell it in this thread, haha.

(Lets just say it involved one of the officers wrecking his patrol car into/under the back of my truck!)

well now you have to tell that story

DooSPX
10-04-2012, 02:31 PM

I agree! :rolleyes:

Thrall
10-04-2012, 02:48 PM

Alright, but the quick version.........
Over at the gf's house, when I leave I notice that the bucket of waste oil in the back of my truck (old rust bucket winter beater F150 with a lift and 35s on it) had tipped over and leaked all over my gf's parents shiny clean, new concrete driveway. Got a big mess to clean up tomorrow!
Well true to form, a-hole #1 or #2, not sure at this point, picks me up just outside her subdivision and starts following me home. Like 2 miles, mostly residential streets, lotsa turns, no question I'm being followed.
Usually they'll keep going once I get to my subdivision, but tonight he keeps following, all the way onto my street.
Well I'm kinda PO'd already about the oil spill and theis cr@p with the cops is getting old.
SInce I'm driving the old black beater, which by the way they've targeted as well. Actually came to our house one night, knew I owned a black truck with big tires even though the truck was parked at grandma's house, where we parked extra vehicles. Neighbors a couple streets over, nice older people that I delivered newspapers to when younger and knew quite well, had received a lawn job from "someone in a black pickup with big tires".
Why would I do that to nice people I knew? Or anyone for that fact? I was raised right, never vandalized a single thing after that one time in 7th grade, and the @ss kickin I got for doing that was permanently embedded in my brain!
Thinking back, maybe these cops were jealous, remember they were both newbs, one went to our hi school, couple years older than I. One of that guys buddy's was a guy that liked my gf, even before I dated her (wife now, been together 22yrs, since just out of hi school).
After we started dating I had to beat that guys @ss one night because he wouldn't leave her alone, kept calling her, etc...............
Anyways back to the story.

This cops makes the turn onto my street behind me and having a bad evening already AND being completely legal for once (just got my dl back, had tags and insurance, not drinking, heck I was even wearing my seatbelt which was a rarity!), I decide to mess with him.
In the back of my head I was thinking, if I can make this doosh hit me from behind, not my fault and I'll get the biggest laugh ever. On the other hand I was thinking it will never work, but let's give it a try without breaking any laws (like speeding).
I slow down a bit. My truck is a first rate POS. Busted/rusted exhast, loud as heck, gutless as the day is long with a wore out 302 and big tires and the trans has started slipping recently.
Ole #2 (found out later, good, it was the short one who got the bloody nose whose friend couldn't date my hot gf) got a little closer to me.
I punched it, put 'er to the floor!.......for about 2 sec. Truck made a whole lot of noise but really didn't speed up much!
What did work well was the brakes, 'cause I just fixed them after driving around with only back brakes for a few weeks.
As quick as I floored it, I hammered the brakes, locked up all 4 wheels!
BAM!
It worked!:D He actually hit me! Stuffed his car right under my back bumper!

We get out, he's cussin me out. "*** did you stop for?"
I said "didn't you see the Larson's little dog run out in front of me, almost hit the poor little guy.":rolleyes:
"Why were you following me too close? Isn't this your fault if you rear end me? Should we call the cops to fill out a police report? Oh wait you're here! Are you allowed to fill out your own accident report?" By this time I can't control myself laughing.
After a cpl more words he actually got in his car and drove off with a busted grille, dented hood, one light knocked out.

I was worried about the consquences of this, so next morning, I went down to the police station and talked to the chief, whom I knew very well. This actualy happened behind his house, he was on my paper route as a kid as well, friends/school mate with my parents. ANd I was a good kid for the most part, straight A's, National Honor Society, Eagle Scout, Lettered in 3 sports, all conf in 2. Typically if I was causing trouble or doing anything wrong it wasn't within my own city limits. I wasn't stoopid, don't crap where you sleep, right?

Well I explained my side of the story, first! This guy hadn't even reported it yet! Apparently went home after shift with his banged up squad car!
Totally plausible story as the chief knew the Larson's dog always ran free, etc.
Never found out what exactly happened, but never was harassed again and never saw #2 in a cop car again!

mzimme
10-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Haha what a great couple stories. Well done sir.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-04-2012, 04:54 PM

kenk
10-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Thrall...funny story...except for one thing...now you have an arrest record that will always be there....even if charges were dropped...even if expunged...if matters if you are applying for a good paying job that requires a national security clearance, or just a thorough background investigation...arrest records are like herpes....once you get them, you have them for life!

bbymgr
10-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Let it go!!!!!

Thrall
10-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Let it go!!!!!

Yeah really!
I dunno, I can get into Canada no problem!
I got security clearance for the Denver Fed Center, a GSA installation. Full background check, etc. It aint Area 51, but there's some pretty classified govt shat going on there and there wasn't a building I couldn't walk into on the base. (Had to if they wanted their water and sewer lines hooked up!)

............back to your regularly scheduled program.

DooSPX
10-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Over at the gf's house, when I leave I notice that the bucket of waste oil in the back of my truck (old rust bucket winter beater F150 with a lift and 35s on it) had tipped over and leaked all over my gf's parents shiny clean, new concrete driveway. Got a big mess to clean up tomorrow!
Well true to form, a-hole #1 or #2, not sure at this point, picks me up just outside her subdivision and starts following me home. Like 2 miles, mostly residential streets, lotsa turns, no question I'm being followed.
Usually they'll keep going once I get to my subdivision, but tonight he keeps following, all the way onto my street.
Well I'm kinda PO'd already about the oil spill and theis cr@p with the cops is getting old.
SInce I'm driving the old black beater, which by the way they've targeted as well. Actually came to our house one night, knew I owned a black truck with big tires even though the truck was parked at grandma's house, where we parked extra vehicles. Neighbors a couple streets over, nice older people that I delivered newspapers to when younger and knew quite well, had received a lawn job from "someone in a black pickup with big tires".
Why would I do that to nice people I knew? Or anyone for that fact? I was raised right, never vandalized a single thing after that one time in 7th grade, and the @ss kickin I got for doing that was permanently embedded in my brain!
Thinking back, maybe these cops were jealous, remember they were both newbs, one went to our hi school, couple years older than I. One of that guys buddy's was a guy that liked my gf, even before I dated her (wife now, been together 22yrs, since just out of hi school).
After we started dating I had to beat that guys @ss one night because he wouldn't leave her alone, kept calling her, etc...............

This cops makes the turn onto my street behind me and having a bad evening already AND being completely legal for once (just got my dl back, had tags and insurance, not drinking, heck I was even wearing my seatbelt which was a rarity!), I decide to mess with him.
In the back of my head I was thinking, if I can make this doosh hit me from behind, not my fault and I'll get the biggest laugh ever. On the other hand I was thinking it will never work, but let's give it a try without breaking any laws (like speeding).
I slow down a bit. My truck is a first rate POS. Busted/rusted exhast, loud as heck, gutless as the day is long with a wore out 302 and big tires and the trans has started slipping recently.
Ole #2 (found out later, good, it was the short one who got the bloody nose whose friend couldn't date my hot gf) got a little closer to me.
I punched it, put 'er to the floor!.......for about 2 sec. Truck made a whole lot of noise but really didn't speed up much!
What did work well was the brakes, 'cause I just fixed them after driving around with only back brakes for a few weeks.
BAM!

I said "didn't you see the Larson's little dog run out in front of me, almost hit the poor little guy.":rolleyes:
"Why were you following me too close? Isn't this your fault if you rear end me? Should we call the cops to fill out a police report? Oh wait you're here! Are you allowed to fill out your own accident report?" By this time I can't control myself laughing.
After a cpl more words he actually got in his car and drove off with a busted grille, dented hood, one light knocked out.

I was worried about the consquences of this, so next morning, I went down to the police station and talked to the chief, whom I knew very well. This actualy happened behind his house, he was on my paper route as a kid as well, friends/school mate with my parents. ANd I was a good kid for the most part, straight A's, National Honor Society, Eagle Scout, Lettered in 3 sports, all conf in 2. Typically if I was causing trouble or doing anything wrong it wasn't within my own city limits. I wasn't stoopid, don't crap where you sleep, right?

Well I explained my side of the story, first! This guy hadn't even reported it yet! Apparently went home after shift with his banged up squad car!
Totally plausible story as the chief knew the Larson's dog always ran free, etc.
Never found out what exactly happened, but never was harassed again and never saw #2 in a cop car again!

Well played my friend! You have some good stories!:D:cool:

DemolitionMan
10-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Great story Thrall!

Ironhorse
10-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Yeah really!
I dunno, I can get into Canada no problem!
I got security clearance for the Denver Fed Center, a GSA installation. Full background check, etc. It aint Area 51, but there's some pretty classified govt shat going on there and there wasn't a building I couldn't walk into on the base. (Had to if they wanted their water and sewer lines hooked up!)

............back to your regularly scheduled program.

No offense, but it looks like EVERYONE gets into Canada!

JimN
10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
No offense, but it looks like EVERYONE gets into Canada!

Not if they have a criminal record. I know someone who was refused when he wanted to go skiing in Vancouver because he had two DUI on his record.

mzimme
10-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Not if they have a criminal record. I know someone who was refused when he wanted to go skiing in Vancouver because he had two DUI on his record.

My little brother can't go to canada for 10 years due to one DUI. He has about 8 more to go! Sucks for him... we have a timeshare up in Banff, and he wont get to go skiing up there for a while :)

JimN
10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
My little brother can't go to canada for 10 years due to one DUI. He has about 8 more to go! Sucks for him... we have a timeshare up in Banff, and he wont get to go skiing up there for a while :)

And the US isn't "allowed" to keep bad people out, or even do hard screening. :firejump:

thatsmrmastercraft
10-05-2012, 10:58 AM
And the US isn't "allowed" to keep bad people out, or even do hard screening. :firejump:

Hmmmm. Must have the wrong people in charge here.:rolleyes:

pram
10-05-2012, 12:56 PM
I know someone who was refused entry into Canada this summer coming from Idaho, didn't think the assault charge he had would affect him :rolleyes:

milkmania
10-05-2012, 04:02 PM
the Canada / US Border is what? 1600 miles long???? can't you just walk across in most places?http://deephousepage.com/smilies/nixweiss.gif

EDIT: correction......
According to the World Almanac, the length of the border between the 'lower 48' and Canada is 3,987 miles. Add another 1,538 miles for the Alaska-Canada border.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/95/49th_parallel_US_Canada_border.svg/650px-49th_parallel_US_Canada_border.svg.png

scott023
10-05-2012, 04:41 PM

BAM!

That's gold. :rotf:

kenk
10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/10/umd-beating-trial-opening-statements-begin-80984.html

Check out the video on police beating student!!!

After beating an unarmed Univ of Maryland student, these cops lied on their police report. Two years later, they are going on trail for their actions. Thank GOD that the beatings were recorded on video. Hope these thug police get get the maximum penalty!

kenk
12-21-2012, 01:39 AM
If you're not sure that cops are running wild and out of control..watch this video!

two women get pulled over for throwing a cigarette butt out all their car...both women get searched in public view, both private cavities!...cops can't find nothing...oh yes...the cops steal their legal prescription drugs too!

these cops obviously have nothing to do other than harass good citizens...I hope they go to jail and get their cavities searched!!!

we're not in a third world country, where you would expect this type of treatment by cops...we're in the USA...since when did the USA become a "police" state?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qyHPJjHedE

http://rt.com/usa/news/texas-trooper-suspended-lawsuit-507/

JimN
12-21-2012, 08:32 AM
If you're not sure that cops are running wild and out of control..watch this video!

two women get pulled over for throwing a cigarette butt out all their car...both women get searched in public view, both private cavities!...cops can't find nothing...oh yes...the cops steal their legal prescription drugs too!

these cops obviously have nothing to do other than harass good citizens...I hope they go to jail and get their cavities searched!!!

we're not in a third world country, where you would expect this type of treatment by cops...we're in the USA...since when did the USA become a "police" state?

Right- a few examples shows what ALL cops do. Kind of a small sample, isn't it?

Would YOU want to be a cop? How long before you would snap?

kenk
12-21-2012, 08:42 AM
how many examples of this do you need?...these are just traffic cops!

And no, I don't want to be a cop...I don't feel good about bullying people

JimN
12-21-2012, 09:06 AM
how many examples of this do you need?...these are just traffic cops!

And no, I don't want to be a cop...I don't feel good about bullying people

Do you think about how much crap cops have to put up with? From being spit on, dealing with drunks who puke, crap and pee in the squad car, dealing with complete dirtbags on a regular basis, seeing people get off when they should have been convicted, etc- unless someone works for a PD in a small town where it's like Mayberry, I have to think it's a thankless, crappy job.

OTOH, most of the cops I have known said most of them fall into two categories- one step away from going to prison, or trying to save the world. The first type is still useful- if you want to catch criminals, you have to think like a criminal.

milkmania
12-21-2012, 09:26 AM

shame on that trooper!
being a woman, she should have know to grope front to back.... not back to front:rolleyes:

02ProstarSammyD
12-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Ok gotta share this one. So at a football game about 7 years ago with my g/f at the time and some friends. One of the guys behind us was being a drunk schmuck and starts getting mouthy to us. I tell him to stfu a few times (nicely) and he is just past the point of bombed. Anyways about 10 minutes later my g/f turns around and tells him to get screwed and to stfu. He pushes her down a bleacher and I popped him in the mouth. Nice lil brawl breaks out and guy basically gets popped a few more times by random people. BTW lesson to all......don't hit a woman in public in North Carolina unless its on the courthouse steps with a switch no thicker than your thumb.

Cops come flying up the stairs and break it up pretty quick. Guy basically has a water facet of blood pouring out his nose and they take him to jail. We tell our side of the story and 3 days later I get pulled out of class by 2 cops. Cuff me right there in front of my professor and off to booking I go. When I get there my g/f is there getting booked. Evidently the dbag I popped talked to his lawyer and he pressed charges in an attempt to get her to drop her charges.

Anyways the great part of the story. During booking get the standard 20 questions.....name, address, social, etc. Well at this point I'm just having fun with this harda$$ cop and he asks me if I have any aliases.

Well sir they call me tater..........tater salad.

Evidently he was not in fact a fan of Ron White and proceeded to enter it on into the computer. We continued to screw around with him for awhile just trying to get a smile out of him.
None the less the charges were dropped as expected and the other guy had to do some community service.

When I hired onto my newest job I had to get all of my federal clearances, etc and the company runs an in depth background check. I get a call one day from a very nice Indian fellow questioning the arrest etc. He asks me if I am tater salad. Thought I was gonna die right there. We called my oldest son Tot for the longest time but he doesn't like that name anymore.

JimN
12-21-2012, 10:47 AM
Ok gotta share this one. So at a football game about 7 years ago with my g/f at the time and some friends. One of the guys behind us was being a drunk schmuck and starts getting mouthy to us. I tell him to stfu a few times (nicely) and he is just past the point of bombed. Anyways about 10 minutes later my g/f turns around and tells him to get screwed and to stfu. He pushes her down a bleacher and I popped him in the mouth. Nice lil brawl breaks out and guy basically gets popped a few more times by random people. BTW lesson to all......don't hit a woman in public in North Carolina unless its on the courthouse steps with a switch no thicker than your thumb.

Cops come flying up the stairs and break it up pretty quick. Guy basically has a water facet of blood pouring out his nose and they take him to jail. We tell our side of the story and 3 days later I get pulled out of class by 2 cops. Cuff me right there in front of my professor and off to booking I go. When I get there my g/f is there getting booked. Evidently the dbag I popped talked to his lawyer and he pressed charges in an attempt to get her to drop her charges.

Anyways the great part of the story. During booking get the standard 20 questions.....name, address, social, etc. Well at this point I'm just having fun with this harda$$ cop and he asks me if I have any aliases.

Evidently he was not in fact a fan of Ron White and proceeded to enter it on into the computer. We continued to screw around with him for awhile just trying to get a smile out of him.
None the less the charges were dropped as expected and the other guy had to do some community service.

When I hired onto my newest job I had to get all of my federal clearances, etc and the company runs an in depth background check. I get a call one day from a very nice Indian fellow questioning the arrest etc. He asks me if I am tater salad. Thought I was gonna die right there. We called my oldest son Tot for the longest time but he doesn't like that name anymore.

Someone. broke into the house across the street and i had a bit of fun with one of the cops, who's a nice-looking blond. She asked for my name after she was done getting the other info and I answered like Chevy Chase, in 'Fletch'. Fortunately, she had seen that movie.

mikeg205
12-21-2012, 11:11 AM

way too fun of a story...tater eh? You know that's gonna stick...:D:D

Traxx822
06-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Ok, Here is my BS story,

Few years ago I was driving home and I got pulled over for what reason (at the time) I did not know. As soon as he walks up he asked my name (assuming he got it off the plates) I told him and then he asked me to step out of the car. Stunned I asked why. He stated I was driving on a suspended license. Somehow someway an insurance ticket that I had already beaten by showing up and proving my insurance was valid had not made its way through the system properly.

System failure number 1

Then he arrested me and tows my vehicle. I'm pretty upset because I'm asking him to verify with the clerk and he is not having it. So they take me to the local sheriff's station. While waiting to be processed the detention officer asked me if I was a sex offender.

Whoa whoa whoa there lady, Why are you asking me that? She said well I don't just ask everyone that andnow I'm taken back een further. I said what is that supposed to mean? She says well the officer that just arrested you put down on his citation that you were driving while license suspended and the reason for suspension was that I was a sex offender.

System failure number 2

Now i'm aghast. I use my phone call to contact my attorney and bring the necessary paperwork to get me set free. It took about 2 hours before I could get everything in line.

Finally a sergeant comes down and tells the detention officer I am to be released. I now had an issue where my car was in the impound and I was stuck at the Sheriff's station for 2 hours after the lawyer had brought the papers and left.

Luckily the Sheriff drove me to the impound and had them release my vehicle at no cost to me. I was even able to get him to pay for lunch from Burger King for the gaff.

Technology eh? Turned me into a suspected sex offender for about 3 hours. Imagine that feeling ;)

thatsmrmastercraft
06-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Ok, Here is my BS story,

Few years ago I was driving home and I got pulled over for what reason (at the time) I did not know. As soon as he walks up he asked my name (assuming he got it off the plates) I told him and then he asked me to step out of the car. Stunned I asked why. He stated I was driving on a suspended license. Somehow someway an insurance ticket that I had already beaten by showing up and proving my insurance was valid had not made its way through the system properly.

System failure number 1

Then he arrested me and tows my vehicle. I'm pretty upset because I'm asking him to verify with the clerk and he is not having it. So they take me to the local sheriff's station. While waiting to be processed the detention officer asked me if I was a sex offender.

Whoa whoa whoa there lady, Why are you asking me that? She said well I don't just ask everyone that andnow I'm taken back een further. I said what is that supposed to mean? She says well the officer that just arrested you put down on his citation that you were driving while license suspended and the reason for suspension was that I was a sex offender.

System failure number 2

Now i'm aghast. I use my phone call to contact my attorney and bring the necessary paperwork to get me set free. It took about 2 hours before I could get everything in line.

Finally a sergeant comes down and tells the detention officer I am to be released. I now had an issue where my car was in the impound and I was stuck at the Sheriff's station for 2 hours after the lawyer had brought the papers and left.

Luckily the Sheriff drove me to the impound and had them release my vehicle at no cost to me. I was even able to get him to pay for lunch from Burger King for the gaff.

Technology eh? Turned me into a suspected sex offender for about 3 hours. Imagine that feeling ;)

Yikes :eek:

Aric'sX15
06-25-2013, 07:49 PM
I got pulled over in my silverado last year with all my windows down and sunglasses on after a high school track practice, and got caught doing 12 over. 52 in a 40. He then starts accusing me of smoking pot, tossing it out the window and them quickly rolling my windows down. This is like 1 mile away from my house! He then writes me a ticket for going 52 in a 30.... Even though he clocked me in a 40 zone. Cops in granbury used to know my truck and pull me over at any opportunity.

Near arrest encounter two-
2 am, I'm sleeping and I hear my door being pounded on. I came to the door in underwear and glasses, wondering what the hell is going on. I see about 10 cops on my doorstep and another 5 searching my back yard with flashlights. This is in the highest end neighborhood in my town, so I'm not sure what could be going down at this point. I start getting questioned as soon as I opened the door. Where was I, who was I with and why am I dressed so suspiciously. I was sleeping, what do they expect me to be wearing!!!! They sit me down on the curb, and explain that my neighbors cars had been broken into, and my piece of SH*T neighbors "watched" the perps run into my house?! Mind you my neighbors hate us because we were under the age of 70. So they searched my yard without a warrant, and found a "glove" in my backyard. Basically we told the officers to shove it and leave, it's like 3 am now. Every police cruiser must be in my cul de sac by this time. All my neighbors are watching like they set the whole thing up! What a joke. We went to the chief of police office,
And told him we were gonna file a complaint against a particular officer who was the biggest **** of them all, and he responded with "I'll just throw it away" and how guilty we were. Nothing ever came
Of that, besides a giant waste of time and sleep.

Slinkyredfoot
06-25-2013, 07:51 PM
Yea, I have been in jail hasn't everyone? If you have not been you ain't living

Aric'sX15
06-25-2013, 08:01 PM
This thread is full of win!!!

Thrall
06-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Good old thread!
C'mon more stories!!

pmkkdx
06-26-2013, 12:38 PM
it might take a long time to type out :rolleyes:

chriscraftmatt1976
06-26-2013, 01:55 PM
This thread is awesome, but I dare not share. My brother is on this forum. :-)

JimN
06-26-2013, 02:28 PM
This thread is awesome, but I dare not share. My brother is on this forum. :-)

So, change the names to protect yourself. You never said you were innocent, so.....

jschildm
06-26-2013, 03:23 PM
When I get some time to type it out, I will explain how to get an OWI/DUI without the cops ever seeing you in your truck.

jdl xstar
11-07-2013, 09:01 PM
Funny when you do a search for something on this site and threads like this which have nothing to do with whatever youre looking for pops up. Thought this might be worth a resurrect in case anyone has a good story to add! ;)