PDA

View Full Version : 98 prostar ECM availability

rdaley@earls.ca
09-25-2012, 01:27 PM
I have 98 prostar 5.7 mx
fuel pump quit have diognosed that it is the driver on the EMC that is the problem.
Indamar has given us the re wire program but have also told us these ECM are no longer available.
Has any one sourced a replacement?
I am concerned that ounce one driver fails its only a matter of time before I have more problems. Would rather be proactive than reactive.
Thanks Richard:

LittleFuss
09-25-2012, 07:51 PM
I had the same thing happen to my 1997 recently. I had the dealer do the rewire from Indmar. I ran the boat the last 2 weekends with no problems.

Be sure that the hot wire from the pump to the starter is attached to the opposite post ont the solenoid that is already wired for the starter otherwise the starter stays engaged and will sound like you are grinding the engine to death...

once I swapped the wire she ran right.

She seems a little slower on the top end but I only notice a slight and I mean very slight fluctuation in rpm's at full throttle. Not enough for other people to notice but I noticed and can live with it.

To find a replacement MEFI 2 is going to be a challenge. I found 1 or 2 on the web from some marine salvage dealers, however none of them offer a guarentee on the parts and the are nonrefundable...

Hope all this is useful.