PDA

View Full Version : X-55 Surf Setup

BriEOD
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
One of the guys in my ski/board/surf crew bought an X-55. We believe it was the 2012 MC promo boat, it is orange and black. We have been experimenting with getting the best surf wave and I don't believe we have quite figured it out. Is anyone else dialed in and can you offer some setting suggestions.

Thx.

FourFourty
09-25-2012, 01:00 PM
How much ballast are you running in it?

Huskie05
09-25-2012, 06:41 PM
One of the guys in my ski/board/surf crew bought an X-55. We believe it was the 2012 MC promo boat, it is orange and black. We have been experimenting with getting the best surf wave and I don't believe we have quite figured it out. Is anyone else dialed in and can you offer some setting suggestions.

Thx.

We have an X55 and have it dialed in for surf. For Port surf we flood stock port aft and KGB, add a 1200 sack to the port rear locker, and another 450 on the rear floor board, then add another 450 on the floor board in the bow. If we don't have a lot of people going we add another 1200 to the floor and not the 450. Then we use the attitude plate on the Starboard in the down position.
If surfing the Starboard side just do the opposite with the sacks and stock ballast.

BriEOD
09-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the responses.

Thus far, we have just been using the integrated stock ballast. I have some bags for my 205 that I'll have to dig out.

How fast are you going? We've found that somewhere between 10-10.8 mph is the best speed. However, if we add ballast, per your suggestion, we may need to bump up the speed.

Double
09-26-2012, 12:01 PM
my neighbor has a 55 and he fills all stock ballast (yes all) to sink the boat, then uses bags to lean it just two 750's and his wake is huge. with your bigger bags I think you may want to try this setup.

Huskie05
09-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Thus far, we have just been using the integrated stock ballast. I have some bags for my 205 that I'll have to dig out.

How fast are you going? We've found that somewhere between 10-10.8 mph is the best speed. However, if we add ballast, per your suggestion, we may need to bump up the speed.

We sometimes fill all stock ballast on top of the sacks. Depends on how many people we have on the boat. Our speed ranges from 10.4 to 11.2, kids like it a little faster and can surf without the rope at that speed, I like the 10.5 range, no rope and a cold beer in hand...

BriEOD
09-26-2012, 09:03 PM
We sometimes fill all stock ballast on top of the sacks. Depends on how many people we have on the boat. Our speed ranges from 10.4 to 11.2, kids like it a little faster and can surf without the rope at that speed, I like the 10.5 range, no rope and a cold beer in hand...

Thanks.

Too, we are an early morning crew and typically have a coffee in-hand.

tdelong
09-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Huskie 05 - I would love to see a picture of the wake with this big boat and that much weight. Post one if you have any please!