DemolitionMan
09-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Yes it was!

TOO-TALL
09-25-2012, 01:20 AM
What a joke!!

JimN
09-25-2012, 01:21 AM
McCarthy just gave his post-game interview and he was literally shaking at the podium. Rogers is up there now and the first two questions were incredibly stupid.

I have no desire to watch this crap.

JimN
09-25-2012, 01:23 AM
McCarthy just gave his post-game interview and he was literally shaking at the podium. Rogers is up there now and the first two questions were incredibly stupid.

I have no desire to watch this crap. Jane should divorce Roger Goodell.

T-Rager
09-25-2012, 01:55 AM
I liked the call!

03 35th Anniversary
09-25-2012, 02:01 AM
What a load of crap in Seattle!

AGREED!!!

I'm not a fan or hater of either team.

Just a flat out bad call!!!

JohnnyB
09-25-2012, 06:51 AM
The call?? x3 on the last drive!! it was sickening.

turned it off in disgust......didn't sleep worth crap and am still PO'd

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

bturner2
09-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Being a Lions fan I'm not seeing a lot of difference in the quality of the refs from the regular refs. From our perspective look at our games in Chicago and Green Bay last year. Two massively blown calls costing us both games with the players from both sides just shaking their heads. The way some of those calls were being made I'd swear the refs were being paid especially at Lambo.

Last Sunday we had them spot the ball at the wrong 42 yard line in the game winning drive. Looks to me like business as usual.

homer12
09-25-2012, 09:07 AM
I have 2 points, and yes last night was an incredibly blown call:
1. you can't blame the refs, you have to blame the people that put them in that position. They are doing as good of a job as they can. If you fire them and bring in new people chances are they will be even worse. You need the best refs (and to pay them) to ref the best athletes.

2. Credit to Mike Golic on Mike & Mike this morning, he made the point that Goodell's hands are tied if the owner (who he works for) want to hold out on the real refs. They ultimately can tell him what to do. Hopefully they get it all resolved before it does more damage to their brand.

Everyone was worried about player safety with the replacements, but what is really happening is fans that are being disgusted with blown calls and thereby diluting what actually happens on the field of play.

JimN
09-25-2012, 09:27 AM
I have 2 points, and yes last night was an incredibly blown call:
1. you can't blame the refs, you have to blame the people that put them in that position. They are doing as good of a job as they can. If you fire them and bring in new people chances are they will be even worse. You need the best refs (and to pay them) to ref the best athletes.

2. Credit to Mike Golic on Mike & Mike this morning, he made the point that Goodell's hands are tied if the owner (who he works for) want to hold out on the real refs. They ultimately can tell him what to do. Hopefully they get it all resolved before it does more damage to their brand.

Everyone was worried about player safety with the replacements, but what is really happening is fans that are being disgusted with blown calls and thereby diluting what actually happens on the field of play.

I do blame the league but the refs need to get their heads in the game and realize that this isn't high school or college- as Tony Girldrich said after he ended his hold-out in his rookie season, "Those guys are a lot bigger and faster than I thought". If they can't run fast enough and have enough oxygen left to make their brain function, they need different people. They had two refs in the corner when the interception was made and they let the players fight for the ball far too long. They also made different calls but neither saw the shove by Tate.

bobbyB
09-25-2012, 09:35 AM
What bothers me most about this?

I'm a Seahawk fan and am happy about a win, but I didn't want it that way.....why?...it overshaddows just how good the Seahawks are. The whole AFC West has become something to reckon with and last night showed that we could go toe to toe with the best in the league; but that won't be the focus of anyone's discussions....sad!

Sorry Green Bay.

ShawnB
09-25-2012, 09:48 AM
I didn't even watch after the debacle that happened in Sunday's Ravens/Pats game. First quarter there were no flags at all despite holding, pushing and even fighting after the whistle. Then some really lousy calls including offensive PI, unsportsmanlike on Harbaugh for calling timeout, and giving the first down on an out-of-bounds play without any conclusive evidence.

Then the 4th quarter comes along and anyone who so much as breathed funny got a penalty. Finally, we had a close call field goal at the end (which I believe they got right) which will be questioned simply because they showed no ability to get calls right in the previous 59 minutes.

The regular refs were no picnic but they only screwed you once or twice a game, not once or twice a drive.

jdl xstar
09-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Two words: fan boycott.

Next Sunday, just do NOT attend an NFL game. Its that simple. As long as fans keep watching and attending, NFL will always have the leverage.

quincyfirefighter
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM

I'm a Seahawk fan and am happy about a win, but I didn't want it that way.....why?...it overshaddows just how good the Seahawks are. The whole AFC West has become something to reckon with and last night showed that we could go toe to toe with the best in the league; but that won't be the focus of anyone's discussions....sad!

Sorry Green Bay.

I agree with you BobbyB. Don't flame on me but I have been a Raiders fan all my life so this is nothing new to me but still bad :D

JimN
09-25-2012, 10:33 AM
The local radio show guys are on-air with Steve Czaban and they're talking about some of the Tweets that came after the game- "The two most iconic games played by the Packers are The Super Bowl and the Hose Bowl".

Someone on a sports network said "Wilson is the first NFL quarterback to throw a game-winning interception".

mzimme
09-25-2012, 10:35 AM

Sorry Green Bay.

I think you mean NFC west... but either way I agree. The seahawks played a great game defensively, and it's being overshadowed by some foot locker employees lack of ability to perform the job at this level.

Do they allow surgeons to operate if they took one year of biology in high school?

homer12
09-25-2012, 10:49 AM
All of the players not involved in MNF's game are going to be lining up to pay their fines so they can speak their mind. They quoted a handful of Tweets by well known players on Mike & Mike this morning. It will be something to see if Goodell and his cronies can keep it all straight to dole out all the fines they think are deserved for the criticism. Hopefully more players will pile on so the NFL sees a mutiny and they will force the change. I can't believe for the dollars they are talking about for the Real Refs, they can't pay the men and be done with it.

aquaman
09-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Can someone explain to me why NFL referees need a union? and have the power to strike ?

Seems to me the striking referees are the source of the problem.....

New ref's can be trained.

It's not like refereeing is rocket science ? :rolleyes:

mzimme
09-25-2012, 11:00 AM
All of the players not involved in MNF's game are going to be lining up to pay their fines so they can speak their mind. They quoted a handful of Tweets by well known players on Mike & Mike this morning. It will be something to see if Goodell and his cronies can keep it all straight to dole out all the fines they think are deserved for the criticism. Hopefully more players will pile on so the NFL sees a mutiny and they will force the change. I can't believe for the dollars they are talking about for the Real Refs, they can't pay the men and be done with it.

I dont think the issue is the raise the refs are looking for, I think it has to do with the pension they want. The refs are part-timers, and no part timers get paid a pension right now. If the owners grant pensions to the refs, where does it stop after that?

Also my understanding is that this is a lockout, not a strike. The difference being that the refs were willing to work but the owners/Goodell are not letting them.

aquaman
09-25-2012, 11:06 AM
I dont think the issue is the raise the refs are looking for, I think it has to do with the pension they want. The refs are part-timers, and no part timers get paid a pension right now. If the owners grant pensions to the refs, where does it stop after that?

Also my understanding is that this is a lockout, not a strike. The difference being that the refs were willing to work but the owners/Goodell are not letting them.

Looks like a powerplay by the refs to see how far they can Push the owners.....correct, where does it stop after that?

A Lockout trumps a strike ?

thatsmrmastercraft
09-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Packer fans complaining about bad officiating:rolleyes:

Better take a look at all the bad calls before trying to save a lost game on one particular call. Any team that has it's QB sacked 9 times will have a hard time coming out on top.

Seattle Seahawks: Controversial Call and Penalties the Story Against the Packers

Has there been a more bizarre finish in the history of Monday Night Football?

Before we get to that, let us look at one statistic.

The Seattle Seahawks were penalized 14 times for 118 yards. Fourteen times. One hundred eighteen yards.

When your team is penalized a distance that is longer than a football field, you have a big problem. An honest fan recognizes that the Seahawks had a number of mental errors. The offensive line cannot commit false starts and get whistled for holding calls throughout the game.

However, there were also the much-discussed questionable calls from the replacement referees. In the end, a bad call may have changed the outcome of the game.

Leading up to that final play, the “pass interference” call against Kam Chancellor midway through the fourth quarter was absolutely dreadful. If that is not called, the Green Bay drive ends and perhaps the final play does not even happen. Instead, the Packers get to keep going and they drive down the field and score a touchdown.

You also suspect the replay official that made a determination on Aaron Rodgers’ first-down run near the goal line was looking at the computer-generated yellow line. What if Green Bay had settled for a field goal? Obviously, you can imagine different scenarios all day, but the point is that it is not just about one call.

To be fair, the roughing-the-pass call on the Packers in the fourth quarter was pretty weak. Russell Wilson did get hit, but I have a feeling that the regular referees would have allowed that one to slide.

In addition, the pass interference call against Sam Shields of the Packers was also a questionable call. Sidney Rice probably should have been flagged for offensive pass interference. I think Jon Gruden said it best when, in reference to some of the calls, he said, “I just don’t see these.”

When will the real referees return?

Here is the problem. The announcers of Monday Night Football talked about how the owners need to step in. However, if your team is winning games, why would you complain? Sure, there have been some bad calls but are they benefiting any one particular team? After this game, you might hear some louder cries.

Of course, you have to look at the last play of the game. As a fan, I am happy to see the Seahawks win. However, do I believe that Seattle actually came down with that touchdown? Should Green Bay have been credited with an interception?

There seems to be some video evidence that Seattle got a fairly significant break. I have a feeling that this may become the poster play for getting the regular referees back.

Ultimately, you could argue that the referees impacted the outcome of this game. Still, is it about the last play or the entire performance that led to that chaotic finish? Would the regular officials have made a different call or reversed the decision on the field? We will never know.

Despite the drama surrounding the last play, there is the overall performance of the team. If you are the Seahawks, you cannot put yourself in a position where a poor call or two determine a win or a loss.

Can you remember a stranger finish?

Do you think this fateful clip is going to be replayed a few times over the next few days?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1346910-seattle-seahawks-controversial-call-and-penalties-the-story-against-the-packers

maxpower220
09-25-2012, 11:12 AM
About last night, I haven't ever seen a pass interference flag on the last play of any game on a hail mary. In the moment, that was a difficult call for anyone to make. In fact, listen to Mike Terico call it as simulatinous catch in realtime.

The media are really hyping how bad the refs are. However, the "real" refs weren't making perfect calls either. There are a lot of tools the NFL could use to make the calls more accurate, but they don't.

Part time job with more than full time pay and benefits. Sorry, I have no sympathy for them. I wish the NFL would continue to lower their offer until those officails no longer want the contract (as they can't be fired without a lot of pay out). Then, hire full time officials and impement better rules for the game.

LTWon
09-25-2012, 11:15 AM
I do believe the refs are already over paid for what they do. They work 16 weeks a year, hold full time jobs on the side and make six figures on a part time job with great benefits. Its awful how well all of this is playing to the NFL refs hand. No need to mention the awful roughing the passer penalty, or the Sidney Rice interference on Sam Shields that was somehow defensive pass interference, or even Green Bays punter getting destroyed after he kicked the ball on GB's last possession. Jennings scored a Winning interception for the Seahawks, I don't know how blind you must be to not see Tate remove his hand from the ball on the way down. Congrats to the Seahawks on a well played game and excellent pass rush, they deserve credit. However shame on the replacements and league for allowing this kind of nonsense to occur. Packers should be 2-1 right now, and it will be a shame if they miss the playoffs by one game.

mzimme
09-25-2012, 11:21 AM
:uglyhamme Please do not link to bleacher report as anything but bias writing by homers. That website is a joke.

Maristar210
09-25-2012, 11:23 AM
???????????????????

BriEOD
09-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Agreed, it was an awful call. Too, the officiating in the Baltimore vs. NE game the night prior wasn't much better.

That said, and this is Peter King's point not mine, until we all turn the TV to something else what does the NFL care. The ratings are still up, people are tuning in, and the networks are selling commercial slots.

What a mess...

jk13
09-25-2012, 11:39 AM
So let me get this straight--
1) The new refs aren't doing the job well enough (which really would have to be perfection, wouldn't it?)
2) The original refs are paid too much for 16 weeks of work.(From the two posts above)
3) Someone mentioned "just training new refs".

Come on guys, the original refs are the best there are and nobody's perfect. Just like the players (who also aren't perfect), it takes a lifetime of commitment to get to that level, and only a few are ever good enough. Players play the same schedule and get paid millions upon millions, why wouldn't the refs deserve six figure salaries if they're the best there is? They're under the scrutiny of millions of people armed with replay from four angles, does your job have you under that kind of pressure?

quincyfirefighter
09-25-2012, 11:40 AM

Than there's your problem. Goodbell Let them work

aquaman
09-25-2012, 11:45 AM
So let me get this straight--
1) The new refs aren't doing the job well enough (which really would have to be perfection, wouldn't it?)
2) The original refs are paid too much for 16 weeks of work.(From the two posts above)
3) Someone mentioned "just training new refs".

Come on guys, the original refs are the best there are and nobody's perfect. Just like the players (who also aren't perfect), it takes a lifetime of commitment to get to that level, and only a few are ever good enough. Players play the same schedule and get paid millions upon millions, why wouldn't the refs deserve six figure salaries if they're the best there is? They're under the scrutiny of millions of people armed with replay from four angles, does your job have you under that kind of pressure?

the refs are armed with replay cameras from 4 views as well.....i believe. :confused:

jk13
09-25-2012, 11:50 AM
the refs are armed with replay cameras from 4 views as well.....i believe. :confused:

During the game it was clearly stated many times that "simultaneous possesion" was not reviewable--only complete or incomplete. It could not have been overturned anyway--unless the head ref (white hat) called the conference he should have immediately after the play to determine which call was "more correct".

Also, penalties are not reviewable and how long do you think the game would take if they reviewed every part of every play to make sure it was correct?:confused::confused:

JimN
09-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Can someone explain to me why NFL referees need a union? and have the power to strike ?

Seems to me the striking referees are the source of the problem.....

New ref's can be trained.

It's not like refereeing is rocket science ? :rolleyes:

You mean, a union for people with a part-time job that pays $150K/season? THEY ALL HAVE REGULAR JOBS!!!!!!!!! If they think anyone buys their idea that they can't get a decent benefits package at their day job, they're more insulting than they can imagine. With an ever-expanding list of rules and fast action, there's a reason many of them are lawyers and executives- they're smarter than some guy who is only able to change oil and tires and they're generally more rational than many. This also means they're paid well at their day job and SHOULD have decent bennies.

TxsRiverRat
09-25-2012, 12:33 PM
you people must all be blind, that was a joint possession, which is not reviewable and should go to the offense.

JimN
09-25-2012, 12:45 PM
you people must all be blind, that was a joint possession, which is not reviewable and should go to the offense.

Yeah, OK. Tate took his hand off of the ball.

aquaman
09-25-2012, 12:46 PM

hey RRat.....i know where you could get a job. good call.

how difficult was that ?? :rolleyes:

scott023
09-25-2012, 12:52 PM
A joke, to say the least. I love the video of one official calling it a touchback, while the other is signaling a TD. While they are standing right beside each other.

Then, how did they manage to not get the call right upn review (this was actually a play that wasn't eligble for review, according to NFL rules)??? Clowns.

scott023
09-25-2012, 12:57 PM

You've got to be kidding, right??? From the NFL rule book.

If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers," the NFL rule book reads (.PDF). "It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball."

TxsRiverRat
09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Cmon you guys! Watch it frame by frame! it was clearly a touchdown catch!

remember, god is NOT a packers fan!

SMH!

Support the refs for once! They did the right thing!

scott023
09-25-2012, 01:01 PM

SMH!

Someone ban this guy. Seriously. Don't post up if you don't understand what the rules are, and don't understand what simultaneous possesion is. I hope you're kidding...

This is coming from a Bears fan too, so I have an automatic bias against the Packers.

TxsRiverRat
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM
LMFAO, OK OK, I was kidding - i just wanted to get a rise out of everyone!

LOL! it worked! I pinged kyle and said "hey go out to "fire the replacement refs" and watch me get the peanut gallery fired up!

http://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif

scott023
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM

SMH!

You're really on a lonely defense when Pete Carrol, the Seahawks coach, says that it was an interception. He stated in the post game interview that "we got a nice call". When asked if he thought it was the right call, he declined to comment "as I don't want to get a call from the league office".

scott023
09-25-2012, 01:06 PM
LMFAO, OK OK, I was kidding - i just wanted to get a rise out of everyone!

LOL! it worked! I pinged kyle and said "hey go out to "fire the replacement refs" and watch me get the peanut gallery fired up!

http://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gifhttp://vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif

I knew you were up to no good. :flippa: :uglyhamme

TxsRiverRat
09-25-2012, 01:07 PM
I knew you were up to no good. :flippa: :uglyhamme

LMAO - sorry, man, i just couldnt help myself! :D :D :D

mzimme
09-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Then, how did they manage to not get the call right upn review (this was actually a play that wasn't eligble for review, according to NFL rules)??? Clowns.

Wouldn't it potentially be a scoring play, and therefor eligible for review since all scoring plays are reviewed now? :confused:

Kyle
09-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Lucky me. I was on my installing floor last night so I missed the controversy. Anyone have a replay of this TD that was an int?

scott023
09-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Lucky me. I was on my installing floor last night so I missed the controversy. Anyone have a replay of this TD that was an int?

Here's the end of the play...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20356689/ending-of-packers-seahawks-game-should-be-tipping-point-for-referee-lockout

TxsRiverRat
09-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Wouldn't it potentially be a scoring play, and therefor eligible for review since all scoring plays are reviewed now? :confused:

YES... But the refs called it a joint possession and i do not believe that is reviewable.

scott023
09-25-2012, 01:39 PM

I'm not entirely sure, but according the the broadcast crew last night, and everything I've read this morning, they shouldn't have reviewed it. My interpretation is that all scoring plays should and will be reviewed.

scott023
09-25-2012, 01:40 PM
YES... But the refs called it a joint possession and i do not believe that is reviewable.

Right on, that's what I've read.

mzimme
09-25-2012, 01:45 PM

I can understand the joint possession not being reviewable if there's joint possession on any regular play, but I would think that this one does get reviewed because of the scoring dimension that is thrown into the mix. Now whether or not they can reverse anything that has to do with joint possession... I dont know. I guess since the call originally stood as a touchdown due to joint possession, then the joint possession can't be over-ruled so they just need to confirm that SOMEONE caught the ball and that means Touchdown? Lots of interpretation there...

thatsmrmastercraft
09-25-2012, 01:50 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- NFL upholds touchdown ruling at end of Green Bay-Seattle game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-upholds-touchdown-ruling-end-163503659--nfl.html

thatsmrmastercraft
09-25-2012, 02:00 PM
SEATTLE, WA -- The NFL has upheld the Seahawks' 14-12 win over the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football.

The league said in a statement Tuesday that Seattle's last-second touchdown pass should not have been overturned.

The NFL says Seahawks receiver Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference before the catch, which would have clinched a Packers victory, but that cannot be reviewed by instant replay.

The replacement officials ruled on the field that Tate had simultaneous possession with Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, which counts as a reception. The NFL says that once that happened, the referee was correct that no indisputable visual evidence existed on review to overturn the touchdown call.

On the final play, Russell Wilson heaved a 24-yard pass into a scrum in the end zone. Tate and Jennings both got their hands on the ball, though the Packers insisted Jennings had clear possession for a game-ending interception.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports&id=8823858

JohnnyB
09-25-2012, 02:08 PM
SEATTLE, WA -- The NFL has upheld the Seahawks' 14-12 win over the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football.

The league said in a statement Tuesday that Seattle's last-second touchdown pass should not have been overturned.

The NFL says Seahawks receiver Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference before the catch, which would have clinched a Packers victory, but that cannot be reviewed by instant replay.

The replacement officials ruled on the field that Tate had simultaneous possession with Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, which counts as a reception. The NFL says that once that happened, the referee was correct that no indisputable visual evidence existed on review to overturn the touchdown call.

On the final play, Russell Wilson heaved a 24-yard pass into a scrum in the end zone. Tate and Jennings both got their hands on the ball, though the Packers insisted Jennings had clear possession for a game-ending interception.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports&id=8823858

Bad enough this was screwed up, but now to defend that it was the right call is an insult to the intelligence of all football fans :mad:

Sack up and admit it Roger!!!!

scott023
09-25-2012, 02:11 PM
Bad enough this was screwed up, but now to defend that it was the right call is an insult to the intelligence of all football fans :mad:

Covering their azzes. Plain and simple. Clown league right now...

scott023
09-25-2012, 02:17 PM

A better look at the play. Including the offensive PI.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20359661/top-10-mistakes-made-by-replacement-officials

cbryan70
09-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Find me a hail mary where there is not some sort of PI. No ref in there right mind would or should call that on the last play of a game imo.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-25-2012, 02:27 PM

Speaking of sacks.:rolleyes:

thatsmrmastercraft
09-25-2012, 02:35 PM
NFL replacement refs: Beneath Lingerie Football League standards

The football world (except for Seattle and Minnesota) exploded into fits of rage late Monday night after replacement officials butchered the ending of the Packers-Seahawks game and stole a victory from Green Bay.

Nowhere was that outrage more personal than at the Lingerie Football League, which says it contributed several officials to the NFL's scab pool.

Officials with that hallowed league announced they were immediately firing all of its officials who were moonlighting as NFL replacements.

So the officials that handed a victory to the Seahawks on Monday night are no longer deemed worthy enough to officiate games involving the Los Angeles Temptation, the Philadelphia Passion or the Las Vegas Sin.

Lingerie league commissioner Mitch Mortaza issued the following semi-grammatical statement in a blistering email sent from the strip mall that houses the league headquarters:

"Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

Mortaza's statement continued. "We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games."

Will other employers follow suit and fire the replacement officials? As of yet, there is no comment from officials with World Wrestling Entertainment or Foot Locker.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_21625906/nfl-replacement-refs-beneath-lingerie-football-league-standards

scott023
09-25-2012, 02:38 PM
Find me a hail mary where there is not some sort of PI. No ref in there right mind would or should call that on the last play of a game imo.

Your opinion is wrong. You think it should be a free for all, no rules jump ball? Sounds like your version would be a crapshow, IMO.

LTWon
09-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Even Seahawks knew they didn't win that game. No fault to them, they didn't award them the victory.
"As Lynch watched Packers safety M.D. Jennings snatch the pass out of the sky and pull it to his chest while Tate, who had blatantly pushed off against Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields, belatedly latched on one arm at a time, the running back's eyes grew big and his jaw dropped low. The room was dead silent as the realization gripped Lynch and his companions: Like most of the viewing public, they now understood that the Seahawks had received an extraordinary gift from the replacement officials.

"We didn't win that game," someone at the table said, and nobody made a peep to challenge him.

By the time Lynch left the restaurant early Tuesday morning and, while waiting for his ride to arrive, reassured a group of Packers fans on Second Avenue almost apologetically that their team would bounce back from this bitter defeat, it was clear the league's already problematic officiating lockout had reached critical mass."

Its sad, NFL should have just admitted it made a mistake, apologized and moved on. Covering up for the err makes me sick

heres the rest of the article
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--seahawks-rb-marshawn-lynch-stunned-at-replay-of-controversial-final-play-monday-night.html

DemolitionMan
09-25-2012, 03:04 PM
I hate when it comes down to one call that decides the game.

cbryan70
09-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Your opinion is wrong. You think it should be a free for all, no rules jump ball? Sounds like your version would be a crapshow, IMO.

they always are especially when the ball is thrown into a crowd of players.

scott023
09-25-2012, 03:08 PM
they always are especially when the ball is thrown into a crowd of players.

So you figure it should be a no holes barred play? I can guarantee you that regular officials would've been way more likely to throw a flag on that push off. That was beyond blatantly obvious.

scott023
09-25-2012, 03:09 PM
I hate when it comes down to one call that decides the game.

There have been far too many of them already this season...

TxsRiverRat
09-25-2012, 03:36 PM
I only wish this had caused a Cowboys loss and noone elses.

I'd love to see that sorry MFer JJ whining about it and eventually blaming it for the reason they miss the playoffs...

PA Prostar
09-25-2012, 04:25 PM
For everyone wanting the regular officials back....................keep in mind, they are the ones that messed a coin flip up.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-25-2012, 04:28 PM
For everyone wanting the regular officials back....................keep in mind, they are the ones that messed a coin flip up.

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

PA Prostar
09-25-2012, 04:38 PM
???????????????????

Visual proof of simultaneous possession?

scott023
09-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Visual proof of simultaneous possession?

No, I think he's pointing fun at the fact that the officials are signaling completely different calls, side by side.

PA Prostar
09-25-2012, 05:09 PM
No, I think he's pointing fun at the fact that the officials are signaling completely different calls, side by side.

My point exactly - thus they both interpreted something different on the play - a.k.a simultaneous possession.

scott023
09-25-2012, 05:13 PM
My point exactly - thus they both interpreted something different on the play - a.k.a stupidity.

Fixed it for you.

PA Prostar
09-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Fixed it for you.

No problem. I can be a bit slow. I didn't realize I was talking to a Packers fan.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-25-2012, 05:52 PM
No problem. I can be a bit slow. I didn't realize I was talking to a Packers fan.

scott023
09-25-2012, 05:59 PM

Guessed wrong pal. I'm a Bears fan, but I also appreciate the game as a whole. The game isn't being officiated right, therefore it needs to be fixed.

There was no simultaneous possession on that play. The defender clearly had the ball, in both hands against his chest, before the offensive player reached in and gripped the ball. Simultaneous possession does not, and can not, apply in this instance. The defensive player caught in in the air, and clearly the offensive player didn't get "possession" of the ball until the defender was on the ground. How is that simultaneous?

scott023
09-25-2012, 06:01 PM

And I was refering to the refs call, not your post. It's stupid how the two of them are side by side, and choose not to confer with each other before they signaled either way.

scott023
09-25-2012, 06:04 PM
si·mul·ta·ne·ous (sml-tn-s, sml-)
adj.
1. Happening, existing, or done at the same time.

By my eyes, and most of the fans that follow the game (including many, many Seahawks fans), the two players didn't both gain control of the ball at the same time. Therefore, in my opinion, and by definition, it couldn't have been "simultaneous" possession. :twocents:

PA Prostar
09-25-2012, 06:34 PM
It was a bad call. Seahawks fans should be very familiar with bad calls and recognize them. They just aren't used to being on this side of them - other than a couple extra time outs over the years.

homer12
09-25-2012, 06:49 PM
A friend of mine made an excellent point - how are the bookies in Vegas dealing with swings in odds and point spreads with the officiating deciding a game!

check the story - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/las-vegas-books-300-million-changed-hands-green-bay-packers-seattle-seahawks-game-092512

scott023
09-25-2012, 10:10 PM
A friend of mine made an excellent point - how are the bookies in Vegas dealing with swings in odds and point spreads with the officiating deciding a game!

check the story - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/las-vegas-books-300-million-changed-hands-green-bay-packers-seattle-seahawks-game-092512

I read today that last night game cost in the 150M range for betters. One site returned all of the ones to people that bet on GB...

PA Prostar
09-26-2012, 07:56 AM
And I was refering to the refs call, not your post. It's stupid how the two of them are side by side, and choose not to confer with each other before they signaled either way.

No problem. I didn't take it that way. And I totally didn't mean my post the way it read. As I said, it was a really bad call. I read an article late last night about the official that gave the touchdown signal. From what the article said, he's supposed to be a good Christian, family man etc, but basically flunked out of an officiating school and wasn't deemed fit for Division three. It doesn't surprise me, because he took awhile making the call and I remember thinking he looked confused. Then the officials looked at each other before both of them signaled. At that point, I think he was in over his head and somewhat instinctively gave the touchdown call for the home team and here we are. What I don't understand is how the guy that signaled interception got ignored through the whole process.

TxsRiverRat
09-26-2012, 10:54 AM
they are saying this morning that theres a camera angle that shows both players had both hands on the ball at the same time and this is what constituted joint possession.

if thats true, then the question becomes that of an offensive pass interference call only.

mc

PA Prostar
09-26-2012, 12:56 PM
They obviously both had their hands on the ball at some point. I've been waiting for someone to really digest it - not the talkshows and media. Here's an interesting post I found. I'm not taking a position either way - I'm just saying this is all very interesting.http://wizbangblog.com/2012/09/26/wait-a-minute-the-replacement-refs-got-it-right-no-really/

Phntmski
09-26-2012, 01:32 PM
:mad:

A Green Bay offensive lineman tweeted congratulations to the Seattle QB for throwing the first game winning interception. I agree. What a joke.

I'm a Cowboys fan. Bad enough we have to put up with Jerry Jones down here. Seems now he's infected the entire league.

What's that Seattle reciever's name, Taint?

JimN
09-26-2012, 01:37 PM
:mad:

What's that Seattle reciever's name, Taint?

I have seen him called that, but it's 'Tate' and his first name is 'Golden', as in "Dat's the Golden Tate Bidge!".

JimN
09-26-2012, 01:40 PM
They obviously both had their hands on the ball at some point. I've been waiting for someone to really digest it - not the talkshows and media. Here's an interesting post I found. I'm not taking a position either way - I'm just saying this is all very interesting.http://wizbangblog.com/2012/09/26/wait-a-minute-the-replacement-refs-got-it-right-no-really/

If it was so obvious, why is it being debated? It's not that we, as GB fans, are mad about losing, it's because the shove was so blatant and the camera angles showed an interception and too many people wrestling for too long before a determination was made, as well as two officials who couldn't agree about what was happening. Let's face it- the officiating sucks and it's not only changing the outcome of games, but someone is going to be seriously injured because they're letting players get away with excessive force. They're not at the same level as the regular officials but the regulars are asking for benefits they can easily pay for. I have to think they get bennies from their day jobs.

scott023
09-26-2012, 01:57 PM
they are saying this morning that theres a camera angle that shows both players had both hands on the ball at the same time and this is what constituted joint possession.

if thats true, then the question becomes that of an offensive pass interference call only.

mc

I guess we all see different things... but it reall doesn't matter how you look at it, the play took play because the offensive PI call wasn't made, as the NFL has stated it should've. So again, no matter how you interpret the catch, the refs pooched the Packers...

scott023
09-26-2012, 01:59 PM

Obviously, but that sure as heck doesn't mean is was simultaneous possession... just sayin. :D

captain planet
09-26-2012, 02:00 PM
I have to say that given what we have seen so far this season out of the replacement refs does nothing more than to support the argument that the real refs are worth EVERY penny and more.

Now to add my two cents, the NFL should hang it's head because for the amount of money the league brings in on an annual basis, what the refs are asking for is pennies in comparison. I say hold out and stand tall until they get what they think is fair.

scott023
09-26-2012, 02:00 PM
The NFL has reached a tentative deal with the locked out officials...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20376425/tentative-deal-between-nfl-regular-referees-is-at-hand-officials-could-work-week-4

captain planet
09-26-2012, 02:51 PM
The NFL has reached a tentative deal with the locked out officials...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20376425/tentative-deal-between-nfl-regular-referees-is-at-hand-officials-could-work-week-4

Hmmm, and all it took was a major debacle on MNF and the whole country making fun of the officiating for the NFL to realize it is going to start to effect their bottom line for them to make a deal. Go figure.

scott023
09-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Hmmm, and all it took was a major debacle on MNF and the whole country making fun of the officiating for the NFL to realize it is going to start to effect their bottom line for them to make a deal. Go figure.

Tough pill to swallow for the league, no doubt.

JimN
09-26-2012, 08:45 PM
They reached a tentative deal? And I just saw that a local opthalmologist said he'll do free Lasik for all of the officials who worked the game on Monday.

scott023
09-27-2012, 12:09 AM
They reached a tentative deal? And I just saw that a local opthalmologist said he'll do free Lasik for all of the officials who worked the game on Monday.

:uglyhamme

thatsmrmastercraft
09-27-2012, 12:15 PM

You think that would be enough?:rolleyes:

milkmania
09-27-2012, 12:46 PM
Now to add my two cents, the NFL should hang it's head because for the amount of money the league brings in on an annual basis, what the refs are asking for is pennies in comparison. I say hold out and stand tall until they get what they think is fair.

-----Originally Posted by Yahoo Sports News-----
Compensation for the officials will increase from an average of $149,000 a year in 2011, to $173,000 in 2013, and capping at an average of $205,000 by 2019. Starting in 2013, the NFL can make some officials full-time employees as well. To date, all officials have been part-time, seasonal employees, and most have other jobs outside the game.I could probably get by on that as my ONLY job:rolleyes:

maybe not, $205,000 in 2019 will probably equate to $149,000

thatsmrmastercraft
09-27-2012, 12:56 PM
I could probably get by on that as my ONLY job:rolleyes:

maybe not, $205,000 in 2019 will probably equate to $149,000

We will have a better handle on that in a couple months.:rolleyes:

milkmania
09-27-2012, 01:07 PM
We will have a better handle on that in a couple months.:rolleyes:

http://thefellowshiprr.org/images/sized/images/uploads/media/praying_for_a_change_media_logo-280x210.jpg

8p

Kyle
09-27-2012, 05:21 PM
I had some laughs over these
Hope you guys can too

scott023
09-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I had some laughs over these
Hope you guys can too

Gooders Kyle.

_fng_
09-27-2012, 07:41 PM
http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/402618_10151175835004701_277090464_n1.jpg

I saw another with Tony Romo but couldn't find it.

TxsRiverRat
09-27-2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/402618_10151175835004701_277090464_n1.jpg

I saw another with Tony Romo but couldn't find it.

LMGDFAO!

JimN
09-27-2012, 08:42 PM
You think that would be enough?:rolleyes:

No, but it's a start.

captain planet
09-28-2012, 10:51 AM
LMGDFAO!

Hey, you should put Joe Namath up with that quote. The only QB in the HOF that threw MORE INT'S than TD'S!

....which begs the question, why is he in the HOF?

JimN
09-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Hey, you should put Joe Namath up with that quote. The only QB in the HOF that threw MORE INT'S than TD'S!

....which begs the question, why is he in the HOF?

Because they needed someone they could call 'Joe Willy'?

jk13
09-28-2012, 11:08 AM