PDA

View Full Version : Reno Air Race 2012 *Pictures*

RoverGuy04
09-19-2012, 11:13 PM
I attended the Reno Air Races this past weekend for the first time and here are some of the photo's I took! What an event! This makes most forms of auto racing look like child's play. If you have the ability, I highly recommend attending this event in the years to come. It is absolutely awesome.

RoverGuy04
09-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Pics #2

RoverGuy04
09-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Pics #3

TruckeeEP
09-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Just thought I would add a few pics off my camera. Awesome show and races!

2RLAKE
09-20-2012, 07:56 AM
wow .. i always have wanted to go to the race .. now even more .. must be an incredible sight

byronic
09-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the pics,guys.The sounds must be incredible as well.

Razzys Wagon
09-20-2012, 08:09 AM
man, iw ish i could get to one of those..... i love me some aircraft.....wow...

Cmpdman
09-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Awesome! Which one is yours ?? Hahahahaha.

mzimme
09-20-2012, 10:18 AM
The modern jets these days are just unreal. That being said... I love all the old school stuff too. Planes are such a cool part of history. It's really amazing how far they have advanced since the Wright brothers.

Double
09-20-2012, 10:19 AM
he owns the F22 :)

thanks for sharing, beautiful machines!!!

quincyfirefighter
09-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Was in reno last Friday. They started racing at 8 am that morning could see from highway 395. Said on local radio station that this is the only air race left in the nation. That be racing pole to pole. RoverGuy04 hope you or TruckeeEP weren't there last year, sad. :cry:

thatsmrmastercraft
09-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Fantastic shots guys......looks like a great time. Years ago, I went for a ride in a WWII plane at an airshow and it was wild!

ahhudgins
09-20-2012, 11:16 AM
We saw the Blue Angels a few years ago and I'd have to admit that the smaller prop planes put on a longer and more exciting show. Plus, the Angels had a lot of air space restrictions at our airport which eventually got them into trouble.

If you haven't already done it, every guy needs to put a NHRA race on their Bucket List if you really want to "feel" some power. My wife and I try to go at least once a year.

BrooksfamX2
09-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Very Cool! I love the WWII vintage aircraft. I have a P-38 and B-24 model on my desk at work......... oh, along with a Star Wars X-wing fighter........:cool:

trickskier
09-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Fantistic Pics - Thanks for sharing! :D

MC209
09-20-2012, 09:43 PM
sweet pics!

91tri190
09-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Good to see the P51 edging out the F22. Always preferred North American to Lockheed Martin...maybe its a Chevy vs. Ford thing.

RoverGuy04
09-20-2012, 10:03 PM
This was the first year I have attended the event and will return for as long they hold it! I had intended to go last year, and after the tragedy, I am glad it didn't work out. I had a handful of friends who witnessed the event firsthand and are still disturbed by the horror. The F22 Raptor demo is absolutely incredible and the capabilities of that plane make you wonder what the Air Force has that the general public does not get to see. I can tell you that after seeing that thing fly, I am more than happy for my tax dollars to fund our defense budget. Strega 7, which is pictured, is the P51 which won the Unlimited Gold class. Steven Hinton Jr. is the pilot and he is only 25yrs old! He started racing at Reno in Strega when he was 22yrs old and has won every race since. Very impressive. One of my favorite aspects of any air show is when they perform the heritage flight which is where they pair up some of our oldest fighters with the most current technology. It is amazing to see the advances we make in a 50yr span such as comparing the P-51 to the F22 Raptor. Incredible!

quincyfirefighter
09-20-2012, 10:20 PM
This was the first year I have attended the event and will return for as long they hold it! I had intended to go last year, and after the tragedy, I am glad it didn't work out. I had a handful of friends who witnessed the event firsthand and are still disturbed by the horror. The F22 Raptor demo is absolutely incredible and the capabilities of that plane make you wonder what the Air Force has that the general public does not get to see. I can tell you that after seeing that thing fly, I am more than happy for my tax dollars to fund our defense budget. Strega 7, which is pictured, is the P51 which won the Unlimited Gold class. Steven Hinton Jr. is the pilot and he is only 25yrs old! He started racing at Reno in Strega when he was 22yrs old and has won every race since. Very impressive. One of my favorite aspects of any air show is when they perform the heritage flight which is where they pair up some of our oldest fighters with the most current technology. It is amazing to see the advances we make in a 50yr span such as comparing the P-51 to the F22 Raptor. Incredible!
My parents live in Reno and lost a friend that day but they still believe that it should still go on as I do

mxhideout
09-20-2012, 10:40 PM
We saw the Blue Angels a few years ago and I'd have to admit that the smaller prop planes put on a longer and more exciting show. Plus, the Angels had a lot of air space restrictions at our airport which eventually got them into trouble.

If you haven't already done it, every guy needs to put a NHRA race on their Bucket List if you really want to "feel" some power. My wife and I try to go at least once a year.

Me, my dad, and my brother have been going to Oshkosh for years up until this past year. Lots of cool stuff to see. My bro and I went to BIR nationals last month for the first time in a while... Pure awesome. Otherwise we usually just hit up the divisional there every year.

h2oskifreak
09-20-2012, 11:10 PM

Nitro Junkie, huh. Me too. Just took my wife to the Mile High Nationals a few weeks ago. She was pretty wide eyed the first burn out.

ahhudgins
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Nitro Junkie, huh. Me too. Just took my wife to the Mile High Nationals a few weeks ago. She was pretty wide eyed the first burn out.

My wife got us tickets several years ago to Zmax 4-wide in Charlotte for my birthday. She is now hooked on it and wants to go every year. I'm fascinated with the technology and the extreme horse power. My wife is fascinated with Tony Schumacher.:rolleyes:

When they run 4 at a time you think your chest is going to explode.

mxhideout
09-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd love to see 4 wide in person someday. I'm glad they kept it in the series.