PDA

View Full Version : Amp installation

erkoehler
09-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I bought a sony xplode amp to install in the boat, and have hooked up all of the wiring. Couple problems:

1. Where do you guys ground the amp too???
2. I have it installed properly, or so I think, but there isn't anything coming out of the speaker. Any ideas as to the possible problems. I even looked at the directions to make sure everything was working. I have power to the amp, but no sound.

redmike
09-04-2005, 09:58 PM
erk, ground the amp to the battery! a good ground is important. as for no sound, does the amp turning on-there is usually a power light. my first guess is that the "switched power" is not connected. you need to hook this to the power antenna/amp lead on your stereo. hope this helps

RobertT
09-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Everyone is playing Blokus, they say I cheat so I am watching TV and am able to give half a cent worth.

Go to Walmart, buy a Amp wire kit.

More than likely if you have a good power connection, good ground connection, and solid speaker connection you have not yet connected the "remote" wire. That is what redmike is talking about.

Check online at the manufacturer's website down-loadable manual for which wire it is.

If its not that, re post and we can start to go through things. I don't know much, but added a second amp to my rig last month....thats not much of a resume but I am certain that with the combined knowledge of this board we can get you thumpin!

rt

erkoehler
09-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Ok, I figured it out. Seems like more trouble than it is worth at this point!!! The problem was that I forgot to hook up the input wires from the head unit....which by the way isn't shown on the directions.

I did use the amp kit and got it at Meijer, worked great.

I know have 6 speakers installed, and 1 amp. With 2 more speakers waiting to be installed.