PDA

View Full Version : Goggles

deminimis
09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
We've got the helmet thread, so perhaps time for a goggle thread. Wondering if anyone out there is using sport goggles when wakeboarding? I took a nasty digger yesterday (upper eyelids folded under themselves). Freak'n hurt. Goggles and a helmet will make me look like the Red Baron, but I could care less. Ordered a pair of Barz Cross Sport goggles with a prescription (being able to see while out there will be a welcomed addition as well). I've used prescription sport goggles in the past (WW kayaking, sailboarding, etc), but those tend to have less violent impacts. Since these lens are only removable from the front, the lens can't blast through towards your eyes. So is anyone using something similar or am I assured of a first place finish in the River's Biggest Dork Contest?

http://murrays.com/barz/barz250.gif

russlars
09-17-2012, 02:21 PM
We've got the helmet thread, so perhaps time for a goggle thread. Wondering if anyone out there is using sport goggles when wakeboarding? I took a nasty digger yesterday (upper eyelids folded under themselves). Freak'n hurt. Goggles and a helmet will make me look like the Red Baron, but I could care less. Ordered a pair of Barz Cross Sport goggles with a prescription (being able to see while out there will be a welcomed addition as well). I've used prescription sport goggles in the past (WW kayaking, sailboarding, etc), but those tend to have less violent impacts. Since these lens are only removable from the front, the lens can't blast through towards your eyes. So is anyone using something similar or am I assured of a first place finish in the River's Biggest Dork Contest?

http://murrays.com/barz/barz250.gif
Wondering about this myself. In addition to the peeled back eyelids and lost contact lenses, I got a gnat or something in my eye during a late evening ski run a few weeks ago and it wasn't a pretty sight for a few days. I was wondering about the clear thin goggles that are used when sky diving.

starman205
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I have worn Rec Spec Rx goggles slolam skiing for the past 12 years and enjoy being able to see the course heading into the setting sun. They are polarized and slightly tinted grey. Only draw back is that they don't float so I have them tethered to my life vest.

mikeg205
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I like the sport Rx idea for my son...we've done helmets even for slalom... like the thread.

byronic
09-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I've tried goggles in the past but always have trouble with fogging.High exertion and cool water just seems to be the formula for fog. Any recent developments?

mikeg205
09-17-2012, 09:16 PM
I've tried goggles in the past but always have trouble with fogging.High exertion and cool water just seems to be the formula for fog. Any recent developments?

need some cat-crap for the goggles... link (http://www.mountaingear.com/webstore/Clothing/Cat-Crap-Anti-fog-Cleaner/_/R-420263P.htm?voucherCode=97950&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product%20Listing%20Ads%20(PC)&utm_term={keyword}&gclid=CMSOqJ76vbICFYhFMgodkVIA5g)

byronic
09-17-2012, 09:36 PM
need some cat-crap for the goggles... link (http://www.mountaingear.com/webstore/Clothing/Cat-Crap-Anti-fog-Cleaner/_/R-420263P.htm?voucherCode=97950&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product%20Listing%20Ads%20(PC)&utm_term={keyword}&gclid=CMSOqJ76vbICFYhFMgodkVIA5g)

Thanks for the link.

Traxx822
09-19-2012, 07:35 PM
Cat crap is the best. Use it on my snowmobile and snowboard goggles. Please take a photo of what you look like. I haven't had any bad eye issues yet however I feel the spray makes me want to close my eyes on landings sometimes. I mean I wear contacts and the water isn't the cleanest here so maybe this is a good eyedia :cool:

mikeg205
09-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Cat crap is the best. Use it on my snowmobile and snowboard goggles. Please take a photo of what you look like. I haven't had any bad eye issues yet however I feel the spray makes me want to close my eyes on landings sometimes. I mean I wear contacts and the water isn't the cleanest here so maybe this is a good eyedia :cool:

c'mon...lol...the des plaines river is crystal clear.....:uglyhamme:uglyhamme