PDA

View Full Version : perfect pass

amber 6
09-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Can perfect pass be fitted to a 83 Stars and stripes advice please and also where do you find the serial number which gives the deatils of your boat.

ski_king
09-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Yes, perfectpass will work on your 83.

Looking at the transom, the serial number is in the upper right.
The engine serial number can be helpful.
Sporty is good at interputing the numbers.

6ballsisall
09-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Yes Perfect Pass could be added to the boat. You would have to drill a hole in the hull for the paddle wheel but it can certainly be done and has been done.

As for the serial # you are looking for. It is on the starboard side of the stern about 2" below the rub rail.

MasterMason
09-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Can perfect pass be fitted to a 83 Stars and stripes advice please and also where do you find the serial number which gives the deatils of your boat.

My guess would be yes you can fit it to an 83. As for the Serial number it should be on the back of the boat on the port side of the boat.

I would suggest calling or sending an email to Jim@BAWS, I am sure he can answer all your questions and help you out with the PP at the same time.

Edit: Jrandol said starboard, so I might be wrong, but it is on the back for sure.

amber 6
09-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Ok once again thank you all

BuoyChaser
09-04-2005, 08:42 PM
i fitted PP Digital Pro in my '85 MasterCraft, took about 4hrs but ordered it directly from www.skiertoskier.com through Max, he really is helpful...just follow the instructions that comes from PP manual...

the gauge fits perfectly to replace the speedo...forget the dimensions but be sure to order the right size gauge...the wire that goes from the RPM to the module has a small circuit board mounted (covered by a shrink rubber sleeve) be careful when removing the dash and installing the new PP gauge, there is a small LED mounted to the circuit board that can easily break...tough to explain, PM me and I'll walk you through it...mine broke and Max at Skier-To-Skier had one there the next day...

you'll need a slalom course w/ magnets to calibrate, or a GPS with speed...otherwise if you're not interested in spending a couple hours to calibrate don't waste your money on PP...

G-man
09-05-2005, 09:59 AM
HIN is located on the drivers side of the boat which is starboard side

bigmac
09-05-2005, 10:19 AM
i fitted PP Digital Pro in my '85 MasterCraft, took about 4hrs but ordered it directly from www.skiertoskier.com through Max, he really is helpful...just follow the instructions that comes from PP manual...

the gauge fits perfectly to replace the speedo...forget the dimensions but be sure to order the right size gauge...the wire that goes from the RPM to the module has a small circuit board mounted (covered by a shrink rubber sleeve) be careful when removing the dash and installing the new PP gauge, there is a small LED mounted to the circuit board that can easily break...tough to explain, PM me and I'll walk you through it...mine broke and Max at Skier-To-Skier had one there the next day...

you'll need a slalom course w/ magnets to calibrate, or a GPS with speed...otherwise if you're not interested in spending a couple hours to calibrate don't waste your money on PP...

My understanding is that the location of the paddlewheel is important so as not to be influenced by smooth water vs light chop, etc, so I'd be sure to ask around where the best place to put it is before drilling a 2-inch hole in the hull...

BuoyChaser
09-05-2005, 11:25 AM
only using my '85 for slalom, i didn't even drill the hole for the paddlewheel, since the slalom mode is only using RPM anyways...

bigmac
09-05-2005, 12:09 PM
only using my '85 for slalom, i didn't even drill the hole for the paddlewheel, since the slalom mode is only using RPM anyways...

Ah, good point. Anything above, what? 25mph? is indeed RPM-based. It's it's only Wakeboard Mode that uses the paddlewheel. I guess that would simplify the installation, at least a little...

H20skeefreek
09-05-2005, 12:16 PM
on PP's website, it looks like they've gotten rid of Perfect Pass Slalom, which was $1000 and did not include the paddle wheel it was RPM only. It looks like you have to go Digital Pro now.