PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

123src
09-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Hi guys. I have recently become a MasterCraft owner after 10 years of drooling and hoping. (YAY ME) I joined your forum and have been reading furiously for a while now. I have learned quite a bit. Thank you all for that. One of the many questions I have is what is the benefit of becoming a "team member"? Are most people here members? Does MC send out things to members? Or is it just a card to show off to all my unfortunate non-MasterCraft comp boat owning friends? Please enlighten me. If there is already a post about this,I haven't seen it yet, so please remeber i'm new and my eyes hurt from reading so much. I just can't get enough of all the info here.

Thanks again.

Sean

123src
09-04-2005, 08:04 AM
Oh yeah... Another question. How do I get my photos to show up on my posts? You know, the little camera icon after the number of posts...

Thanks a bunch guys :D

Sean

amber 6
09-04-2005, 08:43 AM
When putting a post on near the bottom it says "manage attachments" in there browse and upload the picture you want. It may need resized but it will advise you of this.

BriEOD
09-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Sean,

First, welcome to the site. Not only did you buy a great boat but in my opinion you also found the BEST bar none ski boat site on the web. Their is a lot of camraderie and plenty of info on any questions you can possibly fathom: setting timing, wax, how much to tip a minister at a funeral.

Secondly, Team MC is a pretty good program and is improving. I believe it's like $25 and every year they have some cool stuff to give out such as T-shirts, stickers, koozies, key chains, bags, hats, etc. It changes year to year. Also, in the past my Team MC card has gotten me into some cool events for free. When the MC Open used to be at Trophy Lakes they had a special area for TMC member to sit that had a great view and was also roped off. They also had drinks and snacks for free and other cool stuff, as well as I got free parking. I'm not sure if they still do that at all of their events. But, for $25 every year you'll have a nice t-shirt collection. I'd recommend it.

Finally, to post a photo look under the Additional Options box. You want to click manage attachments. A new window will open and you hit browse to find and attach your photo. Make sure it's like 500x450 pixels or it will be to big. Lastly hit upload and you should be all set.

I hope this helps and we LOVE pictures on here so lets see some pics of your new boat.

Welcome aboard.

bigmac
09-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Oh yeah... Another question. How do I get my photos to show up on my posts? You know, the little camera icon after the number of posts...
Sean

This forum uses a third-party application called PhotoPost to maintain the "Showroom", a separate photo album section. Photopost is something that TMC uses to provide automated gallery maintenance and thumbnail generation. I own and administer two different vBulletin-powered discussion forums and moderate two others, but I'd never heard of Photopost until I joined this forum. It's actually pretty clever software and integrates with all of the major bulletin-board software and even personal websites. I gotta hand it to TMC, it's a pretty generous feature considering the storage space these photos require, and the transfer bandwidth that a site like this generates. Setting up and running a discussion forum like this one, but with only a few hundred members, is pretty cheap - less than $200 per year. But with 3500+ members, all posting attachments (which are hosted here) and linking to photos (every one counts against transfer bandwidth) AND the Showroom, I suspect this would be an expensive discussion forum for an individual to run. As a corporate expense, however, it's probably pretty cost-effective advertising.

Sorry for wandering a little. There are two methods of posting photos here. Attachments are size and number-limited by TMC. These not only have to be transferred using their bandwidth, but they have to actually store the picture on their server too, so they only allow one attachment of a certain size for each post. Right now, bandwidth is cheaper, or at least easier to acquire, than server storage space. The other method is for you to store your photos yourself on any web storage that you personally own. You can then link to those photos using the "Insert Image" http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/images/editor/insertimage.gif icon in the message editing window. TMC only has to transfer those images, not store them, so they allow larger images and more of them per post (up to 5). As to the little camera icon that appears on some of the posters, no clue. I would think it would be automatic, part of the Photopost software, for anyone who has images in the "Showroom", but it doesn't seem to work properly, or perhaps I'm missing something obvious about it. I've asked vBulletin about it, but they didn't know, and since I don't own a Photopost license (yet), they won't answer my question. Photopost is only about $60 - it might be kind of fun to play around with.

BradD
09-04-2005, 10:07 AM
Welcome fellow 1992 205 owner. You will truly enjoy this board.

School Skier
09-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the board! You'll find a wealth of knowledge here.

peason
09-04-2005, 10:26 AM
congrat's on the new boat and welcome

redmike
09-04-2005, 12:54 PM
welcome to the post, and as you can see, I have no clue as to how to get the camera icon on the post, maybe the platimun member can let you know when he gets back from the weekend....

123src
09-05-2005, 05:53 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the feedback. Here's a link to my showroom photo's.... Let's see if that works...

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=3253&cat=500

Sean

PS Told my good friend (owns a 82 stars and stripes PS) about this forum today... I can't wait to see what he thinks :D

RickDV
09-05-2005, 10:06 AM
Hey Sean! Welcome to the board. I like your boat and it looks great with your truck.

erkoehler
09-05-2005, 01:00 PM
Welcome to the most gas consuming watersports website around!!!! You are headed in the right direction w/ that truck and boat setup... :D

123src
09-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Your not kidding about the fuel consumtion. Went to a river 2 hours away yesterday. $75 in diesel... but only $30 is gas for the boat. I have been pleasently surprised with the fuel consumption. It must be that the motor just isn't as big as most of my buddies with newer boats; But who cares... It pulls me out of the water with more than enough gusto.
On that subject, can anyone tell me the horsepower on the '92 351?
More newbie stuff, but am I supposed to start a new thread if I have more questions? (cause I doo have more questions)

Thanks

Sean

WTRSK1R
09-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Sean,
If I remember correctly when I bought my '92 ProSport 205 the dealer told me it was 260HP. I have a PowerSlot transmission on mine, but I must agree with you that I have never had a want for more out of the hole power.

Welcome to the board, and congratulations on the boat purchase.

Steve

André
09-05-2005, 09:22 PM
Your engine is more likely at 285 hp with the big heads.
I doubt that they will have put the small 240 hp in a 205...ICBW

parks_jr_55
09-05-2005, 09:32 PM
I had the same problem with the Camera Icon. I still do not have one.

east tx skier
09-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I believe 250 hp 351 was still available through 93. Welcome. You're gonna like it here. I finally joined TMC. Got some cool shirts, a hat, and a card. I'm happy with it.

shepherd
09-06-2005, 12:04 PM
I believe it's 240 hp on my 1990 351W. With the Powerslot. The hole shot will yank the handle out of anyone's hand and top speed of around 42 mph. What more do you need from a ski boat? :D

east tx skier
09-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Uh, not to have the handle yanked out of my hand? ;)