PDA

View Full Version : Mice control-pole barn

Jerseydave
09-10-2012, 06:18 PM
I've always had trouble with mice in my pole barn. The barn just has a stone floor, no concrete and there are plenty of open spaces for mice to come in. I've tried the basic poison, traps, moth balls, etc. Is there any poision that works better than the rest? How about liquids? I've considered placing anti-freeze around the walls in small cups, not sure if there is a better liquid poison on the market just for mice.

If all else fails, I may have to get some cats! Not looking to do that if I can help it.

dmayer84
09-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Have you tried any of those ultra sonic devices?

pmkkdx
09-10-2012, 06:43 PM
After many attempts, we opted for cats. Mind you, I really don't like cats, but we have found that if you get two kittens (not one) and have them fixed (snip snip), put out a little food and provide them with a place to sleep/hide, they will not be under your feet and keep mice, snakes and lizards down to an acceptable level.

jgraham37128
09-10-2012, 07:10 PM
A cat will do.

mikeg205
09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
cats... lol....

Jerseydave
09-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Ahhhh!!! So far those are not the solutions I was looking for.......but my daughter will love to have 2 cats in the barn......so maybe that's going to be my long term solution after all.

JimN
09-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Ahhhh!!! So far those are not the solutions I was looking for.......but my daughter will love to have 2 cats in the barn......so maybe that's going to be my long term solution after all.

That's fine, unless the local mice are carriers of diseases like Bubonic Plague, Hanta Virus, rabies, etc.

How about an owl or a Kestrel?

http://www.raptorsforsale.com/sale/american-kestrels-for-sale.asp

MC209
09-10-2012, 08:35 PM
moth balls

occva
09-10-2012, 08:36 PM
They (humaine society) have been advertising fixed feral cats on the radio here for 5 bucks. Pretty cheap..

ntidsl
09-10-2012, 08:43 PM
We use the plug in things and they have worked everywhere we have used them. Everywhere!!!

JimN
09-10-2012, 08:45 PM
They (humaine society) have been advertising fixed feral cats on the radio here for 5 bucks. Pretty cheap..

We have some of those around my neighborhood- my next door neighbor trapped them and took them to the Humane Society, where they checked them out, gave them shots, fixed & chipped them and clipped the left ear to show that hey had been cared for. The number is dwindling- last year, there were about 10 cats and now, there are only 3 regulars. A few stragglers from other houses come around occasionally, but not too often. I have seen them playing with mice, found rabbit parts in my compost bin and we haven't had a chipmunk problem in close to 10 years.

bturner2
09-11-2012, 07:55 AM
The cat solution worked for my brother in law. They have two cats that never go in the house and no chipmunks, squirrels or mice to speak of. A little food and a warm place to live in the barn and you're set.

Setting out antifreeze can back fire and leave you with all kinds of animals dead and dying in places you don't want them. Not a good idea.

Ironhorse
09-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Take a 5 gallon bucket and drill a hole on either side close to the top. The hole has to be just big enough for a piece of wooden doweling. Take an empty beer can (emptying them is the good part) and put a hole in the bottom. The doweling should go through one end of the bucket, through the beer can and then through the other hole in the bucket. The can should then be able to spin on the doweling. Fill the bucket up 1/4 full with antifreeze. Coat the beer can in peanut butter and put a 1x4 ramp from the ground up to the bucket. Mice will walk up the board, jump to the beer can for the peanut butter and it will spin dropping the mice into the antifreeze. I caught 5 mice last year and my neighbor caught 9.

tideengineer
09-11-2012, 08:51 AM
being in the good old south...lots of barns...lots of mice...cats are by far the best solution.

H2OSKEE
09-11-2012, 10:07 AM
We have one cat in the barn that won't touch mice. Just a pail with a little water in it seems to work pretty good- we find drowned mice all the time, sometimes several in one bucket.

tideengineer
09-11-2012, 11:15 AM
My roomate and I in college rented an old house adjacent to UA campus in Tuscaloosa...started having a mice problem, we were going through about 4-5 traps a week. Went to the animal shelter and got the skinniest evil looking cat...had his nuts cut, gave him some shots, put water in a bowl....within two months we had no more mice and "JD" was fat.

Kyle
09-11-2012, 12:43 PM
First off what is the barn used for? If it is used for livestock and you are storing feed and or hay then use the cat route.

If it is a pole barn to put a boat under then the cat will reside in one of the boats. Now I freaking hate cats. They bed down and shed their fine hair every where. Their p!ss smells like some kind of ammonia product that has been poured all over your belongings. No cats in a boat barn. In this situation I would take tuna cans and leave anti freeze in them. Make sure the cans are hidden. Anti freeze will attract them and make them extremely thirsty and they will then leave for a water source and die. If you want to see if your anti freeze is working put 4" of water in a bucket anainst a wall or some kind of object they can climb. They will get in the bucket but will never get out. If there is a small amount of water in the bucket then you would have to kill them or add water and watch if you want. If you have plenty of water in there then they will already be dead.

Option 3: I'm a snake fan as much as a cat fan. A bull snake will clear out your barn real fast. Just know that you will have to catch the snake to add to your barn. Then catch it again when he has done his job.

Growing up I worked on a small ranch-farm 400acres and we had 2 barns. We knew field mice were going to take over and there was no way we could win the war. He had cats, anti-freeze, and snakes that we never had to catch they just showed up. Cats kept reproducing and we kept drowning the kittens, 4 cats was plenty 25 is unexceptable, anti freeze worked great, snakes hibernate so they are part time and we did have to keep killing off the rattlers and copperheads but the bulls and rat snakes we let stay.

Good luck

mzimme
09-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I hate cats... but drowing them? :(

JohnnyB
09-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Take a 5 gallon bucket and drill a hole on either side close to the top. The hole has to be just big enough for a piece of wooden doweling. Take an empty beer can (emptying them is the good part) and put a hole in the bottom. The doweling should go through one end of the bucket, through the beer can and then through the other hole in the bucket. The can should then be able to spin on the doweling. Fill the bucket up 1/4 full with antifreeze. Coat the beer can in peanut butter and put a 1x4 ramp from the ground up to the bucket. Mice will walk up the board, jump to the beer can for the peanut butter and it will spin dropping the mice into the antifreeze. I caught 5 mice last year and my neighbor caught 9.

Antifreeze is risky with other animals around....I get the minimal access with cutting small holes. Can't you just achieve the same with water and let em drown???

Kyle
09-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I hate cats... but drowing them? :(

When you are 30 miles from town and the animal shelter doesn't want them and will euthanize them for a fee and every small ranch was taken over by stray cats as well, yes we drowned them the day they were born. We did the same for our ranch dogs. Most people don't get country living and it took me a while to be able to understand it. The cats, dogs, horses, and all cattle were fed before we ate breakfast. Their health was a top priority and the kind of lifestyle they lived was better than most city animals. Our outlook was if we knew we were not going to care for the animals (baby kittens or puppies) where some stray whatever came over and knocked up one of our cats or dogs then yes we eliminated them and we were not going to pay money to have them euthanized.

I'm a dog lover between my gf and myself we have 5 dogs and yes it's way too many but eventually they will age out and we can be normal with 2-3 dogs. We are also considering getting back into the equine lifestyle but we need to find a bigger place to live before horses come. Neither of us believe in boarding.

Kyle
09-11-2012, 01:35 PM

Even though this is a lot of work it would be nice to set up a game cam and watch the trap in action. Agree why not just water in the bucket.

tideengineer
09-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I agree with Kyle....I wouldn't use a cat if I stored a boat or vehicle there...and I am with you Kyle, I hate cats, I never fed "JD"...but he still got fat (no more mice problem). I gave him to a classmate when I graduated...never had a cat again.

Forrest-X45
09-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I agree with the no cat policy in the barn with your boat. The cat will climb all over your boat and cover leaving clumps of hair and piss.
Try the bucket and peanut butter route first, it sounds like a great trap if you add water so the mice will just drown.

mpm32
09-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Well, we are winterizing the boat so, won't the plain water in the bucket freeze?

Kyle
09-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Well, we are winterizing the boat so, won't the plain water in the bucket freeze?

Good point and I didn't think of that. In Texas it is still in the 90's and freezing is not in my thought process yet.

Kyle
09-11-2012, 04:51 PM

Here is the MAJOR problem. DO NOT have a cat that will turn into a pet. You bring up that your daughter would love 2 cats. The cats will become domesticated........then you have 2 pets, not two mice hunters. Then eventually the 2 cats will become house cats and your whole entire house will smell like ammonia cat piss that is enough to make any sane person vomit.

If you get a cat for the barn then do NOT pet it, pick it up, love on it, cuddle it, or NAME it, call it "THE CAT". This way no one will fall in love with it and it will do its job and keep mice away. Keep very little food and water down.

Once you have a family member fall in love you just added a pet to your family and you will continue to have a mice or rat problem.....Your wife and daughter will over rule you and then you just became a proud owner of a house cat.

BEWARE my friend

pmkkdx
09-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Here is the MAJOR problem. DO NOT have a cat that will turn into a pet. You bring up that your daughter would love 2 cats. The cats will become domesticated........then you have 2 pets, not two mice hunters. Then eventually the 2 cats will become house cats and your whole entire house will smell like ammonia cat piss that is enough to make any sane person vomit.

If you get a cat for the barn then do NOT pet it, pick it up, love on it, cuddle it, or NAME it, call it "THE CAT". This way no one will fall in love with it and it will do its job and keep mice away. Keep very little food and water down.

Once you have a family member fall in love you just added a pet to your family and you will continue to have a mice or rat problem.....Your wife and daughter will over rule you and then you just became a proud owner of a house cat.

BEWARE my friend

this is when you drown the cat or put out antifreeze ... :rolleyes:

Ironhorse
09-11-2012, 05:27 PM
You are correct, we use antifreeze to keep the liquid....well in liquid form. I wish we could use water all winter without it turning to a block of ice.

petermegan
09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Here in OZ we use a wax poison block for rats/mice. It is an ongoing problem for us as we are on a farm and have grain and hay not too far away. I am particularly wary of having a cover on our boat over Winter as it provides a beaut little nesting spot for rats. I leave my engine cover up and put a wax block or two on the inlet manifold, that way if it is getting chewed I know something is about. I scatter the blocks around everywhere that a mouse may hide in our shed. It is quite a reward to see the little blue mouse turds around that way you know you have got them! Works for us, there must be something similar in the US.

Thrall
09-11-2012, 07:05 PM
I agree with no feral cats. Got a couple of them as kittens from a friend to handle our rodent problem in NM. Little b@st@rds were mean, like can't get near them mean and then they pissed on the boat cover. Was the end of them.
Get a cat, period.
Like Kyle said, you don't want to turn it into a house pet, but we've had success with barn cats that are still friendly and house trained at the same time, however 95% of their time is spent OUTSIDE!
At our new place here in WA, went from a rat/mouse problem like I've never seen (long story, but had me thinking twice about even staying up here!) to NO rodents except those damn moles in the yard. One cat keeps 5ac, house, 2 shops, outbuildings with feed in them, clear of mice/rats.

Jerseydave
09-11-2012, 07:29 PM

BEWARE my friend

Well even though the barn is 1000 feet away from my house (it's on the farm property that borders mine) I'm saying NO to the cat idea and YES to the water bucket/anti-freeze in small cans/5 gal bucket-dowl invention all at one time! Going to start setting all this up sunday and I'll keep you posted on the progress (with pics!)

My daughter loves cats, my wife is allergic to them and I HATE the smell of cat pee!

BTW, I found a dead mouse in about 1/2" of anti-freeze that I had left in a 5 gal bucket a few weeks ago, so it is true......once they get into these buckets they cannot get out......Yea! :D

Kyle
09-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Now we have a mice thread like my wasp thread lol

JohnE
09-12-2012, 10:54 AM

I read this same story somewhere on this forum about 5 years ago and always remembered it. Seems like an effective method. Someone posted it about using it at a hunting camp.

gatorguy
09-13-2012, 12:23 PM
We just started to become aware of our mice problem. We live in a new housing area and there are about 400 cows across the street from us. Our house is actually sitting where the old barn used to be. Tuesday morning while working out in my garage I saw a little mouse running around. It really ticked me off because I couldn't believe the thing had enough guts to run around just feet from me. I resisted the impulse to through a dumbell at it, and instead put out a bunch of traps. In a 24hr period I killed 10 mice. 4 of them were out of the same trap which I set right by where I saw the little sucker that morning. A few were in the attic. I also ended cutting open the wall in a hall closet due to a putrid odor, and found a huge nest and a bunch of rotting mouse bodies. Needless to say I'm in full bore mouse hunt mode. I bought a couple of each type of trap and poison that walmart sells and put them in every possible hiding spot in our house. So far the trap with the big plastic trip paddle that looks like cheese has been the most productive. The one I got 4 mice with didn't even have bait. The mice just were forced to cross it in order to leave their hole. The old fashion snap traps haven't worked as well. I use peanut butter, and the mice have been able to remove the bait without the trap snapping. I think the plastic paddle is more sensitive.

Just yesterday before I read this thread I asked my wife if she thought we should get a cat. I hate cats more than any other animal God created, and I'm allergic, but they do keep mice away. I just don't think I'm that hard up yet. I accept that mice come with rural living. I just don't want to smell them, and I don't want any of their germs in my food. My wife on the other hand thinks that mice, and spiders, are just a little bit of Hell on earth.

dmayer84
09-13-2012, 01:29 PM
Our Miniature Pinscher loves to go after mice. We had a few when we first moved into our house. Saw him kill one, and a few weeks after we were in all signs disappeared. He even goes after spiders and all kinds of insects. Its great to watch him grab em out of the air.

BrooksfamX2
09-13-2012, 03:07 PM
Here in OZ we use a wax poison block for rats/mice. It is an ongoing problem for us as we are on a farm and have grain and hay not too far away. I am particularly wary of having a cover on our boat over Winter as it provides a beaut little nesting spot for rats. I leave my engine cover up and put a wax block or two on the inlet manifold, that way if it is getting chewed I know something is about. I scatter the blocks around everywhere that a mouse may hide in our shed. It is quite a reward to see the little blue mouse turds around that way you know you have got them! Works for us, there must be something similar in the US.

Put the poison/bait outside the boat all around it so they dont have to get in the boat to get it. If you put it in the boat, you are just inviting then to get in..........;)

petermegan
09-13-2012, 05:55 PM
I hear you Brooksfarm. I put dozens of baits around the shed and just put one or two on the inlet manifold with the engine cover up. My shed was super tidy and found that a rat was trying to build a nest in my boat, hence I put a bait in it. I was actually wondering if I take the platform off and my guide pole covers, whether anything can actually get in to the boat, what are your thoughts? Can you actually get these baits in the US?Cheers

pmkkdx
09-13-2012, 06:16 PM
a mouse or rat can shimmy upside down on exposed rafters almost like across the floor ... if there is a way to get in, they will...

mcparadise
09-13-2012, 07:08 PM
...." I use peanut butter, and the mice have been able to remove the bait without the trap snapping."

The terminex guy came and set old fashion traps. His bait was dry squid, a big treat here in Hawaii. He said it works because it stays edible due to already being dry (lasts forever), has a strong attractive smell for the rodents, and can be put on the trap so it can't be pulled off without setting the trap off.

No mice though.....BUT 5 big ol'RATs died. One more thing, he tied a string onto the trap, hid the trap so the dogs could'nt get to it, and ran the string to where I could see it. He said when you can't see the string something is caught (when the trap springs it pulls the string). Exactly as he said...I left the traps baited and check the strings every now and then.

mcparadise
09-13-2012, 07:12 PM
a mouse or rat can shimmy upside down on exposed rafters almost like across the floor ... if there is a way to get in, they will...

My wife added Japanese rain chains (google) to our gutters, no rats before then, and the guy was sure the rats climbed up them and into the attic thru the attic solar fan vents...wow.

petermegan
09-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I hear you Brooksfarm. I put dozens of baits around the shed and just put one or two on the inlet manifold with the engine cover up. My shed was super tidy and found that a rat was trying to build a nest in my boat, hence I put a bait in it. I was actually wondering if I take the platform off and my guide pole covers, whether anything can actually get in to the boat, what are your thoughts? Can you actually get these baits in the US?Cheers

I know I am quoting myself here but..... Knowing my luck I will just make it hard for them to get out of my boat. :D

JimN
09-13-2012, 08:18 PM

They can jump, you know. You make them mad, you'll end up wearing at least one of them as a hat.:eek:

ahhudgins
09-13-2012, 08:22 PM
...." I use peanut butter, and the mice have been able to remove the bait without the trap snapping."

The terminex guy came and set old fashion traps. His bait was dry squid, a big treat here in Hawaii. He said it works because it stays edible due to already being dry (lasts forever), has a strong attractive smell for the rodents, and can be put on the trap so it can't be pulled off without setting the trap off.

No mice though.....BUT 5 big ol'RATs died. One more thing, he tied a string onto the trap, hid the trap so the dogs could'nt get to it, and ran the string to where I could see it. He said when you can't see the string something is caught (when the trap springs it pulls the string). Exactly as he said...I left the traps baited and check the strings every now and then.

Mice start to get into the shed and the lake house this time of year (early fall). I use the old fashion mouse traps and mash a small amount of cheese on it. They rarely even get a chance to touch the cheese and then "SNAP". Mice travel along the walls so it's important to place the bait side against the wall.
I'm against the poisons and anti freeze because other animals can get into them. My wife's cousin put out rat poison and her dog got into it. She said it was the most horrible thing she had ever witnessed and the dog died on the way to the vet.

TayMC197
09-14-2012, 03:49 PM
go to a local pet shop and buy a king snake... or find someone with bull snake/chicken snake/barn snake.. etc... work great... they get big but they don't bother you.. I rarely ever see the ones in our feed barns... Cats work but piss and Sh!t everywhere

barefoot
09-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Ever thought of paying someone to take care of the problem? I have a wood shop that mice find their way into. There is a local pest control guy that loves his job. For $50, he came and put traps out. That was the last of the mice problem!

petermegan
09-14-2012, 06:38 PM
go to a local pet shop and buy a king snake... or find someone with bull snake/chicken snake/barn snake.. etc... work great... they get big but they don't bother you.. I rarely ever see the ones in our feed barns... Cats work but piss and Sh!t everywhere

I have this vision of being towed across the lake and suddenly seeing everyone including the driver jump overboard at speed. Find out we forgot to put the snake out of the boat!!!! Must be just my sense of humour.:D

JohnnyB
09-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I have lived in rural settings most of my life and have found that whenever I have mice problems, the plug in ultrasonic units chase them away.

My last house, about a 1/2 year after completion they had chewed the seal under my garage door and were rampant in the garage. I bought traps and played that game for months....my Dad brought over one of his ultrasonic plug ins (he uses 'em in his garage and out buildings religiously) and the mice disappeared in days.

My current garage, I store shell corn and apples as well as game fish food (a couple of my other hobbies require this stuff on occasion :confused:). Last fall when mice got into my garage and chewed a hole in my bag of shell corn, I went and bought ultrasonics for the garage and attic and they disappeared in a hurry.

GoneBoatN
09-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Every winter we get a couple mice when the first rain hits.

My wife uses traps with a little peanut butter placed inside of a small brown paper bag (the kind we use to use for lunches as kids). When you get one you just throw the whole thing out. Works every time for her.

GoneBoatN
09-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Our Miniature Pinscher loves to go after mice. We had a few when we first moved into our house. Saw him kill one, and a few weeks after we were in all signs disappeared. He even goes after spiders and all kinds of insects. Its great to watch him grab em out of the air.

Our little Yorkie does the same thing. It's pretty entertaining to watch him chase bugs at night. Fortunately we have not had much of a problem with mice lately otherwise I would be afraid he would contract rabies or worse.

Wikipedia: The Yorkshire Terrier is a small dog breed of terrier type, developed in the 19th century in the county of Yorkshire, England to catch rats in clothing mills.

bbymgr
09-15-2012, 10:40 AM
I have this vision of being towed across the lake and suddenly seeing everyone including the driver jump overboard at speed. Find out we forgot to put the snake out of the boat!!!! Must be just my sense of humour.:D

"Oh....that's just my pet snake Reggie."
"I hate snakes Jock...I hate em'." "
"Come on! Show a little backbone, will ya!"

Kyle
09-15-2012, 12:52 PM
If everyone is following along with this thread and my remodel thread.....

so I'm installing this flooring this morning and heard a commercial on the radio for a cat free America. I swear it was a real commercial. They bashed cats saying they tear up your house and p!ss and sh!t everywhere and even said "did the navy seals take a cat with them to capture and kill Bin Laden"

I had to stop and ROTFLMFAO

It was greatness and I immediately thought of this thread.

GoneBoatN
09-15-2012, 09:32 PM
...a car free America....

That is just un-American right there!

Kyle
09-15-2012, 10:13 PM
That is just un-American right there!

Lol I fixed it just for you

dobber
09-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Someone told me once that you put mortar mix in with food and put some water next to it, the mice eat it, drink the water and then die. Get enough of them and then make an anchor.

XtwentyNot
09-15-2012, 11:54 PM
My ex-cats have attacked everything from my cover to my upholstery and shredded my SeaDek with their claws. The hair and piss was only a minor problem compared to that.

-Jake

Jerseydave
09-16-2012, 10:01 PM
I have lived in rural settings most of my life and have found that whenever I have mice problems, the plug in ultrasonic units chase them away.

My last house, about a 1/2 year after completion they had chewed the seal under my garage door and were rampant in the garage. I bought traps and played that game for months....my Dad brought over one of his ultrasonic plug ins (he uses 'em in his garage and out buildings religiously) and the mice disappeared in days.

My current garage, I store shell corn and apples as well as game fish food (a couple of my other hobbies require this stuff on occasion :confused:). Last fall when mice got into my garage and chewed a hole in my bag of shell corn, I went and bought ultrasonics for the garage and attic and they disappeared in a hurry.

Which untrasonic units do you use? Do you have a link? Brand name/model?
I'm interested.

Kyle
09-16-2012, 11:32 PM
I say go extreme and buy a falcon bird. Rats, mice, snakes, and cats would be kept away from your property.

mzimme
09-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Wouldn't a falcon just... you know... fly away?

JimN
09-17-2012, 10:12 AM
Wouldn't a falcon just... you know... fly away?

Not if you hug it. :D

If they're brought in at an early age and the food supply is steady, they should stay there. They're pretty territorial.

gatorguy
09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
I think I killed off all my mice. At least for now. All my traps have been empty for the last 4 days. No cat needed!

Kyle
09-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Here is a pretty interesting site.

http://raptorsforsale.com/raptors-for-sale.asp?page=2

Barn owls for $500, hawk and falcons are like $3,000

silverblueBP
09-17-2012, 12:59 PM
I put up a barn owl box on the north face of the barn and we have owls in there every year. Usually 3-5 chicks per year. They sure keep the mice and moles in check while they are here (April - August). It's fun watching the chicks grow, learn to fly and then hunt at dusk. You can walk right up on them before they'll fly away. When they do, they are silent flyers, pretty damn creepy!

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss41/silverblueBP/Misc/BarnOwlandBoxSmall.jpg

gatorguy
09-17-2012, 02:11 PM
I put up a barn owl box on the north face of the barn and we have owls in there every year. Usually 3-5 chicks per year. They sure keep the mice and moles in check while they are here (April - August). It's fun watching the chicks grow, learn to fly and then hunt at dusk. You can walk right up on them before they'll fly away. When they do, they are silent flyers, pretty damn creepy!

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss41/silverblueBP/Misc/BarnOwlandBoxSmall.jpg

That is awesome. How is the poop on all your stuff?

silverblueBP
09-17-2012, 02:45 PM
That is awesome. How is the poop on all your stuff?

That is the downfall of the owls! I have to be careful where I park the truck and tractor. Have to remember to park between the rafters!

Jerseydave
09-17-2012, 07:35 PM
The buckets are working great.......got 2 so far.....in less than 24 hours. :D

Latin Flyer
09-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Guns?

Kyle
09-18-2012, 12:19 AM
The buckets are working great.......got 2 so far.....in less than 24 hours. :D

Ok keep on mind mice run in 3 generations. Kids, parents, and grand parents.

So a generation is 12-14 so 36-42 mice need to be killed. At least that was what a pest control guy told me once. My gf and I killed 32 and haven't seen a mouse one since.

Hopefully the bucket trick will work and you can kill them off easier than my wasps.

Btw I killed off all of my wasps and haven't had any problems for about 10 days now.

Kyle
09-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Guns?

Make sure we video record this now lol

mcparadise
09-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Someone told me once that you put mortar mix in with food and put some water next to it, the mice eat it, drink the water and then die. Get enough of them and then make an anchor.

Just read this one, will it work for feral cats, too?

milkmania
09-25-2012, 08:44 PM
pretty slick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=HL90_X2ms88&feature=endscreen

Jerseydave
09-25-2012, 08:59 PM
3 buckets......7 mice in total so far......this is going good! :D

Ironhorse
09-26-2012, 08:32 AM
It does work great. Just keep replacing the peanut butter on the can.