PDA

View Full Version : who slaloms with an Acme 1285?

wheelerd
09-10-2012, 02:59 AM
Just picked up an 05 X2 with the MCX. It came with an Acme 1285 (14.5 x 14.25V) installed as well as the OEM OJ 13.7 x 17.

Tried the Acme yesterday and the OJ today. Obviously the Acme has much better holeshot and is a great prop for boarding and surfing but revs considerably higher at slalom speeds.

Wondering about other people's experience slaloming with the Acme 1285?

Do the higher rpm's translate into greater fuel consumption? Or, because the engine is not working as hard do things equal out? (Yes, I know -- if I care about fuel consumption on a $35k boat I'm in the wrong sport! But I'm just curious.)

We do everything -- wakeboarding, kneeboarding, surfing, slalom -- except footing (so don't really care about 40+ speeds.) Our skill level is beginner to intermediate.

skishack90
09-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Hey,
I run an OJ XMP on my x-star and I have a lot of weight in it. The XMP is very similar to the Acme 1285. Unless you plan on wakeboarding over 75% of the time with more than stock ballast, I think you will find your OJ prop to be more efficient for your purposes.

If this helps, I know a handful of people who own an x-star and run a lot of weight (over 3k lbs) and many of them used the acme 1285 before the OJ TMZ came out (5 blade).

Somebody correct me if I am wrong

kskonn
09-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I use the 1285 on my X2 but we are 100 percent boarding and surfing which is why I bought the 1285. I have never met anyone who did not buy that prop for boarding, I can generate a skiable slalom wake with my attitude plate but it is barely passable as a slalom wake.

Memo
09-10-2012, 12:33 PM
I use the ACME 1285 on our X1. Not the ideal wake like a ProStar but it is workable. Make sure the center locker bag is full it will soften the wake.