PDA

View Full Version : MariStar 210 / X-10 lists to Starboard?

NeilM
09-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Here's a question for everyone with an X-10 or 210 VRS:
Does your boat list (lean) to Starboard when the passenger load is equally balanced side to side?

My MariStar 210 has a definite list to Starboard - so much so that with myself and an observer in the boat (no, it doesn't matter who drives), I have to keep the starboard ballast tank empty if I want an even wake.

Does MC do this on purpose, assuming there will be many people occupying the passenger (port) side or is there something wrong with my boat?

Tom023
09-01-2004, 10:03 PM
My X30 does list to starboard a little when I'm driving causing the wake to wash out on the port side at wakeboarding speeds. When my wife drives and I am on the other side of the boat it does list a bit but to port. I outweigh her 2:1 so I am sure that contributes, but I also think the left hand rotation of the prop contributes as well. I also have a second battery and both are on the starboard side, so this adds additonal weight as well. It took me a while to get used to it when I bought the boat. I even called MC to figure out if there was a problem. I keep the port tank about 1/2 full and that evens it all out. Mine sits level in the water while at the dock.

Michael Epp
09-01-2004, 10:30 PM
Niel, I have not experienced this with my X-10. Does your 210 sit level at rest with the boat empty?

Kell
09-02-2004, 02:03 AM
Neil, my 210 sits level in the water at rest. Al though I don't have any ballast systems. I also have not noticed any starboard list while underway as well, and as far as I can tell the wake looks equal on both sides. I don't carry much gear/equipment other than two slalom skies, anchor/chain, bumpers and ropes all of which are equally distributed throughout the boat.

NeilM
09-02-2004, 09:17 AM
When empty, the boat does list slightly to Starboard. It becomes more pronounced when moving. At wakeboarding speeds, it takes an extra 150 - 200 pounds of uneven loading on the port side to straighten the wake out.