View Full Version : MariStar 210 / X-10 lists to Starboard?

09-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Here's a question for everyone with an X-10 or 210 VRS:
Does your boat list (lean) to Starboard when the passenger load is equally balanced side to side?

My MariStar 210 has a definite list to Starboard - so much so that with myself and an observer in the boat (no, it doesn't matter who drives), I have to keep the starboard ballast tank empty if I want an even wake.

Does MC do this on purpose, assuming there will be many people occupying the passenger (port) side or is there something wrong with my boat?

09-01-2004, 11:03 PM
My X30 does list to starboard a little when I'm driving causing the wake to wash out on the port side at wakeboarding speeds. When my wife drives and I am on the other side of the boat it does list a bit but to port. I outweigh her 2:1 so I am sure that contributes, but I also think the left hand rotation of the prop contributes as well. I also have a second battery and both are on the starboard side, so this adds additonal weight as well. It took me a while to get used to it when I bought the boat. I even called MC to figure out if there was a problem. I keep the port tank about 1/2 full and that evens it all out. Mine sits level in the water while at the dock.

Michael Epp
09-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Niel, I have not experienced this with my X-10. Does your 210 sit level at rest with the boat empty?

09-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Neil, my 210 sits level in the water at rest. Al though I don't have any ballast systems. I also have not noticed any starboard list while underway as well, and as far as I can tell the wake looks equal on both sides. I don't carry much gear/equipment other than two slalom skies, anchor/chain, bumpers and ropes all of which are equally distributed throughout the boat.

09-02-2004, 10:17 AM
When empty, the boat does list slightly to Starboard. It becomes more pronounced when moving. At wakeboarding speeds, it takes an extra 150 - 200 pounds of uneven loading on the port side to straighten the wake out.