PDA

View Full Version : wake surf? what do you think

kstumpenhorst
09-07-2012, 08:52 AM
Tell me what you guys think about my surf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajkg5KSKNT4&feature=youtu.be

aswinter05
09-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Looks fine to me! I just learned 2 weeks ago. Never wakeboarded prior to surfing. Now I know why so many people start wakeboarding over slaloming... it's 10 times easier to get up and ride!! I guess more surface area makes it easier.

It was easy getting up and staying up, etc., BUT I couldn't figure out how to ride free from the rope. Do you put more weight on the front foot or back foot? Or is the weight evenly distributed? I think surfing will be twice as fun once I can learn how to let go of the rope. Any suggestions

epnault
09-07-2012, 05:32 PM
aswinter,
With our boats you need a forgiving board (bigger) because it isn't the perfect surf wake. If you haven't wakeboarded or snowboarded you are going to have to learn how to steer the board. Heels and toes turn. On our boats it is best to surf left foot forward on port side so you need to edge in with weight on your toes then it is a balancing act, kind of like teeter totter. Front foot accelerating forward and rear foot is a brake. The thing the most people don't understand is that you are not going to be able to just sit back there. It is constanlty weight on toes, off toes, back foot, front foot, etc. It is an active process although if you watch videos this is not evident. The 209/X9 surf Ok you just need to weight it down but make sure you duct tape off the port side vents so you don't take on water. Have fun learning.