PDA

View Full Version : Calling all 2006 MC owners.....

Skyskiguy
09-07-2012, 02:12 AM
If you own a 2006 MC with MasterCraft Cruise (not PP) I'd like to hear from you as to how your cruise control works. Does it works as described in MC literature in all three modes (Speed, RPM and Manual) and which engine are you running it with? With cruise turned on, what does your LCD display show in each of the three modes? How close to your set point does it engage (assuming you don't just give it everything, causing it to overshoot)?
Your participation would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

CantRepeat
09-07-2012, 07:26 AM
IIRC my MC cruise work in all three modes but, it was pretty easy to overshoot the target while in speed mode. The issue I had with RPM mode was while surfing if you added more people/weight it changed the shape of the wave. From what I do remember about the system it work just like the manual outlined it.

Since I had gotten the boat mainly for surfing speed control was a pretty important thing for me. I wanted my wife to just be able to drop the hammer and not have her worry about it. I drove a friend's boat with PP in it just one time and that made up my mind for me. This wont help you much but I went ahead and installed a PP Stargazer.

moleson10
09-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I had it in my 2006 197 and it worked as advertised. Speed mode was a little imprecise but not bad. I constantly had to remind myself how it worked. It was not real intuitive. Mostly I just used manual.

mccobmd
09-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Mine works great. I also use manual all the time but my wife likes to pre set it in RPM mode. Speed mode works OK but it can overshoot. Also if you use speed mode calibrate your speedo to a GPS at least every 2 months. Mine has worked well enough I haven't upgraded to PP. When loaded for surfing it is really easy to go slightly up and slightly down to adjust the wave. I have a 2006 X1 with RTP engine.

onewheat
09-10-2012, 08:59 PM
I have never used Manual Mode or even remember what it does - I meant to read that part in the manual again before coming home but now it is 220 miles away. Can someone explain Manual Mode to satisfy my curiosity?

Also, I mainly use Speed Mode - It works well enough for our boarding and surfing - a little overshoot is all it takes to engage and it maintains relatively closely. I have never used PP to compare it to though.

Skyskiguy
09-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Manual works just like cruise in your car - get up to desired speed, turn it on you're set - except it is monitoring RPM's instead of speed.

I have never used Manual Mode or even remember what it does - I meant to read that part in the manual again before coming home but now it is 220 miles away. Can someone explain Manual Mode to satisfy my curiosity?

Also, I mainly use Speed Mode - It works well enough for our boarding and surfing - a little overshoot is all it takes to engage and it maintains relatively closely. I have never used PP to compare it to though.

onewheat
09-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Manual works just like cruise in your car - get up to desired speed, turn it on you're set - except it is monitoring RPM's instead of speed.

You can engage it once moving? That would be great - I "occasionally" forget to turn the MasterCruise on before pulling someone up and you can't engage Speed Mode once you're going.

mccobmd
09-10-2012, 11:39 PM
If it is in the manual position you can engage it by pushing the "on" button. It picks up the RPMs wherever you are. Once it picks up be sure to push the throttle lever forward, it won't go any faster than the maximum RPM of the throttle. I use it almost exclusively. 2470 RPM is 22MPH for an 06 X1 (wakeboarding) 3900 RPM is 31MPH (skiing), 2240 is 9.9mph ( wakesurfing)