PDA

View Full Version : 2010 X2 prop shaft question

Eric2010MCX2
09-04-2012, 01:02 PM
See picture, Is this normal for the shaft to be hugging the side like this?

the boat has 150 hrs on it and has never had any prop shaft alignment done.

Forrest-X45
09-04-2012, 04:58 PM
I am by no means an expert but that doesn't look right to me. I would have your dealer take a look at the alignment.

Thrall
09-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Never really looked at mine, but that don't look quite right.

bzettler83
09-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Doesnt looks right at all.... Are you getting any vibration?

Eric2010MCX2
09-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Pulled it out of the garage tonight to take a look and the strut is bent. We ground through something with the prop sat and I thought it just bent the prop some. Boat goes into dealer thurs. prop got sent to oj this morning.

GoneBoatN
09-04-2012, 11:40 PM
If it were me, I would check the prop shaft alignment and see if it were to change where the shaft is going through the log. Your picture makes it look like it is touching (or almost) the side.

Check the post of
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=701305&postcount=14 which has alignment instructions.

The section that "makes certain the engine is parallel and co-linear with the strut" in the instructions may change where the shaft is going through the log. Otherwise I think you would need to start examing the strut for a bend or if the strut is bent or otherwise out of wack.

When I did the alignment procedure it moved the strut more to the center of the log but it was no where off as much as your picture shows.

Do you have a mark where the shaft is passing through the log? If it were actually touching the side I would think there would be a score on the shaft. Also the question about vibration in the prior post is a good question to ask.

Redstorm
09-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Looks like your strut is bent to the port side causing the miss-alignment. The staining looks like rust. Water leaking in and out through the shaft seal. Someone with far more experience should be along and diagnose the damage far better than I. Good luck and hope its not too bad!:)