PDA

View Full Version : Boat got drenched.....how to dry out??

98Prostar205
09-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Was out on the boat today. Started off a little cloudy but the sun came out and it was a nice day. Just as we were heading back to the ramp, a flood rivaling Biblical proportions began. Boat got COMPLETELY soaked. I put it back in the unit where I store it, removed all gear and seat cushions, pulled the plug, etc. Not too much consistent sun predicted in the next few days or I would let it sit outside for a day and dry out. Any suggestions for getting it dry other than sitting in the sun?

fskof
09-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Place a fan inside the boat and let it run for a day or two

MC209
09-03-2012, 10:42 PM
shop vac everything that you can that is still inside the boat that is wet. and even with no sun, it is prolly best to set outside.

Willski
09-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Mine always gets the fan treatment. Especially when the carpet is especially wet. If you can get back to the storage area and open the door for a bit that would help too.

rand49er
09-03-2012, 10:48 PM
I, too, like the fan idea. Shop vac where you can and open up everything you can with a fan or two trained on the inside surfaces. Run the fans till it's dry to the touch, then run them a bit longer.

madcityskier
09-03-2012, 11:02 PM
If you don't have electric in your storage unit stop at a hardware for a few packages of DampRid.

fskof
09-03-2012, 11:34 PM
If you dont have electric in your storage unit You can buy a battery operated fan. My friend bought one that runs on AC/DC or 6 D-cell batteries from West Marine.